Hell In A Cell Best and Worse Moments

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So last night the WWE presented their annual Hell In A Cell pay per view and with a history-making women's championship match and three main events this was a show no one wanted to be missing out on and to be honest, in my personal opinion I thought we were given a pretty solid show. While it wasn't the best pay per view of the year we had over three hours of strong entertainment, story telling and several stand out matches that could easily be in the talks of match of the year. In today's blog post I'm going to be running you through the best and worse moments from last night's Hell in A Cell pay per view. I know I did say I was going to sit and write a full review and reactions post but for this show, in particular, I do believe that a Best and Worse moments post would work much better and go down far better also.  If you have never read one of these posts on my blog know that any topic that has a black subheading is deemed a bad moment a gold subheading will mean that it's a thumb up and going down as a best moment of the night. Hopefully, if everything goes to plan there will be a full review and reactions post for the Survivor Series pay per view in a thew weeks time but if you would prefer another Best and Worse moments post then do let me know. I will, of course, be live tweeting throughout Monday night RAW tonight. As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow including last week's Smackdown LIVE Best and Worse moments post. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this year's Hell in a Cell pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

Cruiserweight Divison Makes an impact on Kick Off Show

 I don't usually write about the kickoff show here on my blog as most of you will know by now but last night we got to see six superstars of the cruiserweight division in action as they looked to get the crowd and everyone at home ready for a night full of amazing action and managed to set the bar for the rest of the action to follow. Again, I'm also not always the biggest fan of random six man tag team matches but everything about what we saw from these men last night worked for me and I can honestly say I enjoyed every single bit of the action. On one side we had Drew Gulak, Arya Daivari, and Tony Nese and on the other side, we had Sin Cara, Lince Dorado, and my personal favourite Cedric Alexander. Now, before I get talking about the actual match I have to say that the one problem I had with this match last night was how the WWE didn't use other members of the Cruiserweight division. I understand why these six men were chosen to compete but last night would have been a great night to introduce a thew new faces (something I hope they start doing very soon). The action however really was brilliant. You guys know that I have always been a fan of cruiserweight wrestling and last night we really did get to see Cruiserweight wrestling at his best. We had a bunch of very different characters and styles in  this match up and together it worked perfectly. We got to see all six men in action and have their moment to shine and while we didn't get a lot of storytelling the wrestling was incredible and being able to see everyone showcase their talent was exactly what the division needed. The closing moments did see Cedric Alexander pick up the win for his team, something I was expecting from the beginning. He's over with the fans, the company love him and he's easily one of the strongest wrestlers in the WWE today and a sure future champion. As I said, I loved this match last night. It was fun, we had some fantastic wrestling and it was a brilliant way to kick-start the night.

Rusev Shines in Opening Contest

I'll be honest, the first ten to twelve minutes of this match just didn't work for me personally. I really did struggle to get into the action and find myself hooked on what was going on. I was watching this with my mum last night and within about ten minutes we both looked at each other and both pointed out that we were already bored. There is no denying that both these men are fantastic in ring competitors but for me personally it was a slow start and wasn't the big opening that I wanted or expected to see. However, as the match progressed the action became a lot lot stronger and far more intense. We all knew that Reigns was going to be retaining that title but Rusev for me was such a strong stand out last night and the longer the match went on the more I wanted to see him recapture the US Championship. This was his fist time stepping foot inside Hell in a Cell and you would never have been able to tell. He used his surroundings perfectly well making sure to put the cage into use and making sure to punish Reigns. The match really did pick up in the middle and I eventually was completely hooked and entertained. Both men took the action to a new level and it did have that barbaric feel. I liked the fact that we didn't have Lana anywhere near the Cell last night, all the attention on was on the competitors and Rusev actually had a great deal of the crowd on his side. Over the past thew months or so he really has been able to win over some of the fans and many more people have come to realise just how much of a talent he is. Throughout this match last night he proved himself to be a top star on the roster and his all-round performance made him a stand out o the night. We do have to also talk about Reigns who was equally as entertaining. He once again proved the haters wrong by showcasing his strong wrestling ability and working inside hell in a cell perfectly. Another strong performance from the champ.

Another Weak Performance from Dana Brooke

Over the past couple of years, I have spoken about Dana Brooke on several different occasionsL. When she first popped up on the scene I spoke very highly of her. I mentioned that I loved her look and believed she had great potential. It was a slow and difficult start as she struggled to connect with the fans but her alliance with Emma was the huge turn around that she needed and slowly she started to build up a connection with the fans and make some kind of impact. However, the WWE went completely wrong when they called her up to the main roster earlier this year. Anyone can see that Dana is far from ready to compete up on the main roster and over the past thew weeks, in particular, she has only continued to prove that very point. Up until now, Dana has spent most of her career alongside a much stronger talent, first Emma and then Charlotte and so she has been able to hide behind them a little. In recent weeks, however, she has been thrown into the spotlight and while we all already knew she was very green in the ring from performances we have already seen from her the past thew weeks have allowed Dana to stick out like a sore thumb and last night was yet another weak performance from her. In Dana's defence, we have seen slight improvements both in the ring and with her character and its clear she does have great potential but it is also still very clear that she needs to be competing in NXT. She was completely exposed last night in yet another match against Bayley, a superstar that is miles ahead of her. The match last night wasn't the worse I've ever seen but it did highlight the fact that Dana belongs in NXT still and hopefully this is the end of the work between these two women and we can see Bayley move onto something stronger and edge closer to that title opportunity.

Anderson and Gallows Finally gain Momentum 

It's safe to say that everyone believed Anderson and Gallows would end up n a much better position upon their arrival in the WWE. With their arrival being so massively anticipated and their name being so huge across the world everyone believed these two would be making a huge impact in the WWE and would within no time become the dominate team in the tag team division. But things just haven't worked out that way at all and when you look at their win/loss record it doesn't look god for them at all. They've managed to lose all the momentum they had when hey firs arrived in the WWE and they slowly have been losing the effect. They haven't been able to make the impact they should have been making and their feud with the New Day left them going in no direction with the whole thing being done completely wrong. Over the past couple of weeks, we have seen Anderson and Gallows look to gain some momentum and get themselves back on track. Last night their ongoing feud with Enzo and Cass continued and it was perfectly clear to everyone who needed to walk away with the victory. The match was one of the weaker bouts of the night but the fact that Anderson and Gallows were able to leave with a win over Enzo and Cass was enough for me. Enzo and Cass didn't need that win at all last night and so the best decision was made without a doubt. Hopefully this si the start of The Club being back on track and in the position they should have always been in.

Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens Deliver the Match of the Night 

I never doubted for a single second that Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens would put on a brilliant match inside Hell in a Cell. You guys know how much of a huge fan I am of both of these superstars and over the years I have spoken about how much I would love to see a match and full on feud between the two. Last night they did not disappoint at all and managed to give us the match of the night and prove that work between them was always going to be must see. It's difficult to choose one single standout of the two, they both gave us such a brilliant performance. This was also one of the matches of the night that I honestly couldn't predict. I strongly believed at first that Kevin Owens would be retaining but the longer the match went on the more I began to believe that maybe just maybe we could see a title change. I felt the passion from both men and the story being told was so clear. They both used their surroundings perfectly with Seth Rollins looking slightly more at home and comfortable with the structure. This was a barbaric match, it was fun to watch and the wrestling was just fantastic. I loved that Chris Jericho got himself involved. It didn't feel right not having him have some kind of role during the show last night and so seeing him lock himself in the cell and watch that match slowly become a handicap match really did sit well with me. It made the whole thing even more entertaining and helped Seth Rollins and this new side of him progress even more. It also allows a few more weeks worth of work between Rollins and Jericho. The match just had everything you could ask for. It had that main  event feel, it felt important and I was massively entertained. I don't doubt that this will be in the talks as one of the best matches of twenty sixteen.  It's going to be interesting seeing the fallout to this during tonight's Monday Night RAW.

The New Day Retain Tag Team Titles 

Okay, let me make it perfectly clear that I love the New Day. They have been one of my favourite tag teams in the WWE for a while now and I have credited them as the team that put the tag division back in the spotlight on the main roster. They have had a brilliant run as tag team champions, making history and putting on several outstanding matches, however, all good things must come to and end and that includes their championship reign. A part of me would love to see these guys make history and break the current record (something I strongly believe the WWE are going to go with) but at the same time over the past thew months they really have become very stale. I will admit that their Q&A on the kickoff show last night was very entertaining and it did show that when off script the New Day can still be seriously entertaining but I think most fans will agree with me when I say the best thing that the WWE could do for these guys is take the title off of them and last night I really was hoping we would see just that. I personally am a big big fan of the tag team of Sheamus and Cesaro. With the history and the story between them it works perfectly and I love the idea and so I was really hoping to see a title change last night. However, the DQ ending the New Day retained their championships once again and after everything we have just touched on that has to go down as thumbs down from me.

Brian Kendrick becomes New Cruiserweight Champion 

One of the most unpredictable matches of the night came from the cruiserweight division with TJ Perkins defending his championship once again against Brian Kendrick. I was originally really excited for this match but after already seeing so much I found it really difficult to get into the action. Once I did I did enjoy what was being presented to me. Both these men are extremely talented and the story they both told made them stand out and this did slowly become one of my favourite matches of the night. When it came down to the end result I honestly did not know how this was going to go down. I am a big fan of TJ Perkins and so I did want to see him retain but with Kendrick having the character he has and the story he has there is so much the WWE can do with him as champion and I do believe he would make a far more entertaining champion and we could get a lot more out of him so I found it really difficult to choose one to back last night. I was still surprised to see Kendrick capture the title. I took my eyes off the screen for a few seconds and Brian was being crowned the new champ. I liked that we got a title change here. It made sense and it was for me personally, the best decision of the night. Kendrick is going to make a brilliant champion and I cannot wait to see what storyline's the WWE have coming up for him over the next few months.

Sasha Banks and Charlotte make History

I tweeted out last night that the match I was most excited for was the RAW Women's Championship match between Sasha Banks and Charlotte. As a huge fan of Women's wrestling, I have waited so so so long for this moment to be able to sit back and watch women given the opportunity they deserve and last night they finally got to have that moment. For the first time, it really did feel as thought the women were just as important and equal as/to the male superstars. Both women had a special entrance that made the match feel even more important and special. While Charlotte arrived like a true queen Sasha arrived in her hometown once again honoring Eddie Guerrero and arriving like a true boss. Straight away it had that big fight feel and it did feel like a huge main event. The reaction
from the crowd was amazing and being able to witness these two women not only compete inside Hell in a Cell but main event such a huge pay per view was a very special and amazing moment. I liked how the Cell was lowered once both women were in the ring, it just added to the suspense and the feel to the entire match. The action itself was really strong. There were a few botched moments and moments that didn't go as planned but the spots these girls took throughout the night were jus insane. They both pushed each other to their limits and raised the bar so high. The action started out outside of the cage with the women going into the crowd which I actually really liked. They then worked that amazing spot that saw Sasha power bombed into the announce table. It was brutal to watch but worked so well and played such a huge part of the match. With us all being left to believe that Sasha couldn't compete it was such a twist and I loved that it was the moment that Charlotte was about to crowned as champ via forfeit that made Sasha get straight back up and bitch slap everyone in sight. You felt the passion and you could see it in her eyes that there was no way she was going to lose that title. The opening moments really did set up the story throughout this match and while I know there were some moments that didn't go to plan this was a brilliant main event and these two women did a fantastic job.

Sasha Banks Looses RAW Women's Championship 

My final point I have to touch on today is the closing moments of last night's main event. Like I have already said today, this was a brilliant match and I was left completely entertained throughout the entire night. However, I did not expect the match to end the way it did at all. I was confident Sasha would be walking in and out of Hell in A cell as champion and so that huge twist came as such a massive surprise to me. I made it perfectly clear that I hated the result last night. This was a brilliant match but I won't lie, I went to be very very unhappy.

I did enjoy the Hell in A Cell pay per view last night. I feel as though we had a handful of very strong and entertaining matches and the title change in the cruiserweight division was a brilliant move to make. As always you can let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria. 


Social Media Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts