This Weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great week so far! Okay, so we have once again reached the middle point of yet another week and as we edge even closer to the two thousand and eighteen Money in the Bank pay per view we have plenty to talk about in this week's RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights. As always, evert Wedesnday we take a look back at the last two days in the world of pro wrestling focusing on all the WWE content that has been presented to us and this week we have a lot to touch on! Now, If I'm being honest, I'm pretty surprised I was able to write this post this week considering I've been surrounded by two and five-year-olds and constantly sleepy!I know I was unable to live tweet this week but I am planning on writing and live tweeting as much as possible once I'm back home and getting my life back on track! I will be posting brand new content next week and my usual schedule will be returning! As always, any recent blog post will be linked below including last weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks shows by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria

Monday Night RAW

A Big Win For Elias and Mahal

This weeks episode of Monday Night RAW saw a mixture of both good and bad booking decisions but one of the moves I was most happy with was the decision to have Elias and Mahal pick up a victory in tag team action against Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. Rollins and Reigns are forever high on momentum and so the loss really wasn't ever going to affect them however this was an important win for both Elias and Mahal. Both men were in need (especially Mahal) of some extra momentum during this interesting build to Money in the Bank and this win was most certainly needed. The match was fairly decent and I found myself genuinely interested especially during the action between Elias and Rollins who were actually the standouts for me in this bout. I'm looking forward to both these singles matches heading into the Money in the Bank pay per view but I have to say that following what we saw last nights its Rollins vs Elias that I'm most looking forward to!

Tensions Rise in the Women's division

The women's division at the moment is very up and down. One week I'm loving what we are seeing while the following week I'm left disappointed and lacking any kind of interest. This week was defiantly a good week for the female talent. While we didn't have a lengthy match from the division the booking made sense and what we saw was, in fact, entertaining and made sense in the build-up to the up and coming pay per view. I liked that we saw more of the friendship between Natalya and Rousey; I've mentioned before that I believe their relationship will play a huge part at Money in the Bank in a few weeks time but keep an eye out for the prediction post to hear more on that! I also liked that we got some more tag team action Now, after Ruby Riott's performance last week I would have liked to have seen her score the win last night during this tag team bout but I understand the storytelling the WWE is focusing on right now and it's interesting seeing the Role Bayley played here and how that will develop in the coming weeks.

Another Strong Night for RAW Favourites

And finally, we have to touch on the tag team division. This week saw a battle Royal hosted to decide who will challenge Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy for the tag team titles at Money in the Bank. It was team's including the Revival who were noted by fans on twitter to be the favourites for the win considering they are so worthy and so in need of a push, however, it was fellow fan faves in the B team who scored the victory in one of my favourite victories I've seen in a while! Axle and Dallas are on fire right now and booming with momentum and so their victory this past Monday did not surprise me what so ever. Now, I can't see them walking out of the pay per view as champion but this is a big deal and the reaction the pair are getting week in and week out speaks volumes. These two are deserving of the push and I'm genuinely happy for the pair!

To conclude this part of the blog post I also want to mention Braun Strowman who of course, once again was another standout superstar on this week's show. His performance in his singles bout against Bobby Roode was one of my faves of the night but as always he had a fantastic performance. Crushing the ladders with his hands was a highlight moment of the night and a huge statement made heading into the Money in the Bank ladder match. This is a different kind of opponent, a different kind of superstar competing in this particular match and I cannot wait to see what he brings to money in the Bank in a couple of weeks time!

Smackdown LIVE


Things Heat Up At WWE Championship Contract Signing

One of my personal favourite segments of the night came from the WWE Championship match Contract signing. With less than two weeks until the Money in the Bank pay per view, AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura came face to face once again this time to make their falls count anywhere championship bout official. Now, we didn't get a big all-out brawl between the to competitors like we often see during contract signings, however, what we did in fact get was some brilliant mind games at the hands of Shinsuke Nakamura. Now, I know a heel turn wasn't always on everyone's list of directions for Nakamura upon his main roster arrival but this move has proven to be one of the best decisions the WWE have made with him. He shines so much brighter and his charisma comes across far more in this role. He was brilliant during last nights show and I loved the little angle he played with the pens. The slap from Styles really showed who mentally is really in charge of this rivalry.

Can Carmella Walk Out of MITB Champion?

I'll admit that I haven't been the biggest fan of the build to the up and coming Smackdown LIVE Women's championship match between Carmella and Asuka. Until this week it had been pretty clear to me that regardless, Asuka would be walking out the brand new champion and while that is still pretty much the safest option to go with it looks as though the underdog champion may just walk out with her title still attached to her shoulder. This was the first week Mella had gotten any momentum and overall upper hand over her opponent and this came from some form of assistance at the hands of Mandy Rose. What we could see in two weeks time as Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose give Carmella a little help in hand at Money in The Bank allowing Carmella to remain as champion. Now, I haven't been happy with how Sonya and Mandy have been booked recently. These two have so much potential and I really do want to see the WWE push these girls but at this point, the pair have next to no momentum and where they go next is a little all over the place. Hopefully, they can find their feet and really make an impact very soon!

It All just Makes Sense

I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the general booking we saw on Smackdown LIVE this week. I enjoyed what we saw between Charlotte and Becky, Big Cass' promo was on point once again
and played as a solid part of the build to his up and coming singles match against Daniel Bryan, and one of my favourite booking decisions of the night was the mixed tag team match between Naomi and Jimmy Uso and Lana and Aiden English. This was like a little a throwback to the Mixed Match challenge and I loved it. Sure I probably would have preferred to have seen Lana and English get the win here but it did all just make sense and I loved that. I was entertained, the booking made sense and this was a brilliant follow on from last weeks show.

And those were these weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights! As always, any recent blog post will be linked below including last weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks shows by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
MATCH RECOMMENDATIONS: HARDCORE EDITION
DREAM WRESTLING MATCHES I WANT TO SEE
THIS WEEKS RAW & SMACKDOWN LIVE HIGHLIGHTS
WHO WILL DETHRONE THE BEAST?

Comments

Popular Posts