RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It's the night after a seriously eventful Money in the bank and tonight we get the fallout to one of my favourites show as of yet. In today's blog post I'm going to be making my full predictions for tonight's Monday night RAW answering questions such as; what will our new Mr Money in the bank Sheamus have to say after he's huge win last night? Will we see a new diva step up to the plate and try to end the era of the Bella Twins? and what will be in store next for Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins? I have a busy, packed, and full blog post for you all today, so I don't want to waste too much time at all and I want to jump right into everything. However, before we can do that, as usual I have some reminders and updates for you. First up NXT month. Unfortunately, NXT month has been pushed back on more month due to personal issues taking up a lot of time. The plan now is to bring it back in August which is my Birthday month so I'd love to be able to do it then anyway. I will also have further updates and information on my podcast which I'm still working on. I will start pre posting for NXT month very very soon so if there are any posts in particular you would like to see let me know before the end of the month. I'm also planning on brining back my Get to know and weekly top five superstars blog post so if that's something you would like to see then do let me know. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Don't forget my RAW predictions for tonight will be up later today! Finally, you can let me know what YOU thought of Money in the bank and what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last night was by far one of my favourite pay per views of the year so far. There were a couple of matches that fell flat and were not as strong but all round it was a really good show, we had some amazing matches, match of the year quality even, and I was happy with a good bunch of the results. Tonight its all about the next chapter and of course the fall out to Money In The Bank.

I'm going to start this weeks predictions with looking at the divas division. Last night after using twin magic once again, Nikki was able to retain her divas championship once again against Paige. It was an interesting and I'm still not really satisfied with it. Unlike what we have seen in the past, Brie was unable to get in the ring and pin Paige, instead it was the other way around, however after the match Brie told the referee that it wasn't Nikki Paige had pinned and so of course the match had not ended. Off the distraction Nikki was able to get a sneak attack and hit the rack attack allowing her to retain the title once again. I thought it was a clever ending and it was a really good way of pushing Nikki and Brie as heels (even though they are portrayed to be both a heel and a face depending on what week it is) and as I have said before I do think that using twin magic is a clever way of keeping Nikki and her title reign entertaining. Talking of titles reigns, Nikki has now been champion for well over two hundred days and  I honestly think she has held that championship for far too long. I still think they should of had her drop the title to Naomi back at Elimination Chamber. Where they go from here I really don't know but one thing I do know is that they need to take Paige out of the title picture for a good thew months. I honestly do not want to see Paige competing for that championship again until at least Survivor Series. There are so many amazingly talented divas who are not getting the attention and spotlight they deserved and what I'm hopeing is tonight we start to see more of those divas. I'm talking about women like Summer Rae, Alicia Fox, and Natalya. I know it's very unlikely that we will see Nattie get the big push she deserves but she is name to consider when it comes to finding Nikki a new challenge. I think what we might see the WWE do is have Nikki go on a really long title reign, using twin magic to her advantage with eventually, maybe around Summer Slam we will see Charlotte make her main roster debut and take her on for the title and it will be then that she drops the title. It has been rumoured for a while now that Charlotte will be the one to knock off Nikki for the championship so we can expect a build up for that to start tonight. Will we see the former NXT Women's champion debut tonight? I think it's unlikely but with the work she has been doing and the fact that she has been backstage at RAW for a couple of months now, I wouldn't rule it out at all.

Up next, tag division and we now have new tag team champions after the Prime Time Players were able to knock off New Day to capture their first championships. I honestly could not have been any happier for these two last night. They have worked so so hard over the years and have waited a long long time for this moment and they deserved it so much and I'm so so happy for them and proud of them. I will admit I was a little shocked to see the title change hands, as I mentioned in my prediction post I was expecting the New Day to have a longer title reign and even though I as expecting them to drop the titles to the Prime Time Players at some point I wasn't expecting it to be until Battleground at the earliest. However, I thought the timing was right and the way it was done was really smart. Early in the night we saw the New day try and help Kofi win the Money in the bank ladder match but failed greatly and in the end Kofi once again left the pay per view without the contract, so they were already down and lacking momentum going into the tag team match. Before the match even started last night we did here a thew words from Xavier Woods and Big E who expressed their anger and displeasure towards what had happened early on in the night and well let's just say they lacked some that positive energy they usually posses. The little promo before the match was a little hint that they were going to be loosing the titles last night but it was really done and it made the whole night fit together and make sense. What we can expect to see tonight is the downfall of the New Day. What I'm hopeing is that dropping the tag team championships wont change the high they are on and they will still continue to be used well because they are such a clever and strong faction and I still do think there is so much they can do with them. What I'm sure we will see tonight is the New Day continue their run of losses but if the matches they have both as singles and as a tag team are strong then they won't suffer too badly at all. I'm sure they will stay in the championship picture for a while because they do have so much work left that they can do. It's likely they will want their rematch tonight so we can expect that also. Now, while the feud between New day and the Prime time players continue what we need to be doing is paying very close attention two specific tag teams who we going to see really start to take centre stage. These two tag teams are the Ascension and Luke Harper and Erick Rowan. We can expect to start seeing much much more of these two teams and after Summer Slam we can more than expect one of these teams to be the new tag team champions. Tonight I'm predicting another squash tag team match or even a singles for Luke Harper and Erick Rowan.

Last night we saw the second match up between Untied States champion John Cena and the current NXT champion Kevin Owens as the two once again tore the house down in a spectacular match. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this match what so ever. I enjoyed every single moment of it and they somehow where able to put on an even better match than the last one. Unlike at the Elimination Chamber this time it was Cena who left the winner and after showing that he had gained respect for the NXT star he was blind sided yet again when Owens went straight back on the attack taking Cena out the exact same way he took Sami Zayn out on he's first night. Now, I don't know where the WWE plan to go next with these two. I never really thought that there was a need for a rematch in the first place. Don't get me wrong, their feud has been by far my favourite of the past month but I just never first thought that there was a need for a rematch. It will be interesting seeing what is next for these superstars. Owens still has a lot of work to do down in NXT and he's in another red hot feud down there with Samoa Joe so whether or not we will see him continue to work with Cena on the main roster, I don't know. The way it ended last night would suggest things are far from over between the two on John behalf but I do think that Cena needs to start focusing more on the United States championship. I personally would like to see Cena take a couple of weeks off just so it further emphasises the damage that Owens caused and tonight on RAW I think it would be great if we heard Owens get the last word and end the feud live tonight.  When it comes to who I would like to see step up and take John on for the United States championship I think names to consider would be Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, and Randy Orton.

During last night's money in the bank ladder match we saw Bray Wyatt send a huge message to the WWE universe and a certain superstars, after the lights went out and he attacked Roman Reigns costing him the match and of course a shot at becoming Mr money in the bank and a future WWE World Heavyweight champion. Later in the night it was announced that Wyatt and Reigns would go one on one at the Battleground pay per view next month. Tonight, the build up to that match will kick start and we will see a feud start to take shape. I can honestly say that I was not expecting that last night at all. I was convinced that Roman would be leaving Mr money in the bank and I could not have predicted that Bray would make an appearance and we would see something start there between those two. I am a little worried about this feud for Bray. I don't feel like it's going to be any good for him and it's going to be focused on putting Reigns over and build him up rather than Bray getting an even bigger push. I do think we will see one of if not both of these superstars in action tonight.  A potential match up could see Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose team up to take on Wyatt and Sheamus. But personally I would like to see Wyatt in a strong match tonight even though it's more likely we will only see him cut the usual promos and compete in short squash matches. It's going to be interesting seeing if they do anything different with these two.

Talking of the Money in the banks ladder match let's move our attentions to the other superstars who competed last night. Firstly, let's take a look at our new Mr Money in the bank, Sheamus. You have no idea how good that feels to be able to say and type that today. If you could have seen the reaction I had to Sheamus winning the money in the bank ladder match last night you would of honestly thought I was insane. It consisted of a lot of screaming, a lot of jumping up and down and a lot of clapping like I was seal. I tweeted out early in the day that Kane and Sheamus were my two favourites to win but just like pretty much everyone else,  I was convinced that Reigns had it in the bag so it was a nice little surprise. I know that a lot of you are not happy with the results but I could not happier and I think the next year is going to be huge for Sheamus and I'm so glad he is getting this push. I have already made my early predictions for when he will cash in. I'm almost certain that he will cash in on Lesnar. I can see Rollins dropping the title to Brock at Summer Slam and Sheamus cashing in on the night. He has mentioned in the past how he would like to face Lesnar and I have made a couple of blog posts talking about this also so I'm pretty much certain this is the direction we will see. For now however, a likely feud for Sheamus is Randy Orton. We have seen them compete in two decent but very physical matches and I think it's likely they will carry that on for a little while longer. There's nothing else really going for either superstar right now and it would make sense. They have great history and chemistry so I wouldn't mind seeing them go at it in a little feud for a couple of months, the foundation has been set for it so its a huge possibility. Other superstars we can expect to
see take him on are Adrian Neville and Dean Ambrose. Neville has an outstanding performance last night and I'm sure after that the WWE have huge plans for him. Even though I'm so glad that Sheamus left as Mr Money in the bank, I still think that Kane was the smarter choice and I really hope they are able to do something strong with him.

Finally, our main event and this is so far looking to be my match of the month. It was honestly everything I was expecting and so much more. I wrote loads about this match in my review and reactions posts and that will be linked bellow so you can go and check that out. I wasn't a major fan of how things ended but I don't have anything bad to say about the match itself. Where we go from here onwards is going to be very interesting. We will see Ambrose take a seat back from the title picture which is to be expected but after he's performance last night he has cemented himself as a top talent and the WWE will not be able to fail him now what so ever, so we will continue to see him stay at the top. Both these superstars proved themselves last night and whatever waits around the corner for them will be big. I do think that we will start to see the build up for Rollins big Summer Slam match which is likely to be against Brock Lesnar so we can start to watch out for hints of Lesnars return.

Tonight will also be a special show as we remember the amazing career of the legend that is Dusty Rhodes.

Money In the bank review and reactions

Comments

Popular Posts