Smackdown Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. Today I am finally brining back a post that has been missing from my blog for a couple of months, it of course is my Smackdown Review and Reactions. It's been a while since I last uploaded a Smackdown Review and Reactions blog post mainly because I have been so busy recently and with so many pay per view and live specials I have been so busy writing prediction posts that there has been no time to write up my Smackdown posts and I have to admit, I have actually missed a couple of episodes over the past month or so. But I'm back today and I'm ready to start all over again, welcoming back a post you love to read and I love to write! So, with a busy and fairly decent show taking place last night I'm back today taking you through all the action and what I personally thought of every match, promo and segment. It's a busy post so I don't want to waste to much time. However, that's right you guessed it, before we get into all the action I have a couple of reminders and updates for you. Before we get into things I have a couple of short reminders. I have already said that I have pushed back NXT month again which I have hated doing but I've had no choice, there will be more on that later this month with more details. I will also have more information coming up with some new projects I'm working on. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts bellow including my Money in the bank review and reactions. Finally, you can let me know what your thoughts are on today's blog post and what you thought of last nights action by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This weeks episode of Thursday night Smackdown kick started with the two thousand and fifteen Money in the bank winner, Sheamus as he had a thew words for the WWE universe and the superstars in the back. Before I get into the promo that Sheamus delivered last night I want to quickly mention how much it is frustrating me that so much of the attention has been put on Reigns. I fully understand that what happened at Money in the bank with Bray Wyatt costing Roman the match is important and they need to sell the new feud between them, there just not putting enough attention on Sheamus and he's all round performance and the fact he was the winner. I may just be realising this more because I'm such a Sheamus fan but it's something that has been pissing me off quite a bit this week. What I'm hopeing is that that is something that changes in time but I really do want to see more attention on our new Mr money in the bank and how important he is right now on the roster. Anyway, rant over and back to last night and as I said Sheamus had a thew words for the live crowd and everyone at home. Branding the fans as narrow minded, the former world champion boasted about he's win and how good he felt about being the new Mr money in the bank. He then made it clear that if anyone thinks they can put a stop to him then they should take a good hard look at what happened to Randy Orton this past week on RAW and that if they tried to take anything away from him then they will have the exact same fate as Orton. One part of this segment that really grabbed my attention was when he began mentioning the Authority, Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar and how he would be using them to get exactly what he wants at the end of it all. Now, I have this one theory that I have stuck with from the beginning and I'm going to share it with you today. You may remember that a while back I uploaded a post talking about five WWE superstars I would like to see face Brock Lesnar and one of those names were Sheamus. If I can find the post I will link it bellow so you can check it out. I'm almost convinced that Sheamus will somehow cash in on Lesnar at some point and there will be a feud between those two very very soon or at least sometime in the next year. Sheamus has mentioned before that he would like to face Lesnar and I would honestly love to see what those two would put on when sharing the ring together. Once again, back to last night and Sheamus wanted everyone to know that there was no superstar in the back that was going to stop him from getting back into the WWE World Heavyweight championship picture and of course the words grabbed the attention of one man, The lunatic fringe Dean Ambrose, who reminded him he held a victory of Mr Money in the bank and raised the fact that if it wasn't for Bray Wyatt costing Roman Reigns the money in the bank contract than the briefcase would be in the hands of he's former partner. Sheamus then made the mistake of daring Ambrose to a one on one match but the mistake ended up in the hands of Ambrose as we saw Kane make he's first appearance of the night and declared that instead of a one on one we would be getting a two on one handicap match. Now, I'm not sure about the alliance between Kane and Sheamus. I think its a clever alliance to say the least. It allows Sheamus to get in with the Authority and slowly take he's place and role with in the group but I think how they are booked is going to be key. If the WWE are pre working a feud between these two or some kind of storyline then the current work/storyline needs to be really really strong and has to work just right or it could all go terribly bad for both superstars but this is defiantly something that is interesting me at the moment. Before the match could really get started Roman Reigns wasted no time in making he's presences known and coming to the aid of he's former partner. Just like with Kane and Sheamus I do think that the alliance and friendship between Reigns and Ambrose is a long term feud set up. It's something that is becoming obvious and something I have loads to say about so if you would like a blog post on this then do please let me know. Making everything much more even, Reigns and Ambrose cleared the ring and the nights main event became pretty clear if you ask me.

Divas action next as the long time feud between between the Bella's and Paige continued when the Anti diva went one on one with Brie Bella. Now, I think this is a clever feud. It makes sense and the use of twin magic is a really good way in keeping Nikki's title reign interesting and entertaining. Paige playing the role as the anti diva throughout her career makes everything make so much more sense and she is the clear perfect diva to take on the role of the girl who gets rid of the Bella twins. However, the reason it is not working is because we have seen these three divas feud since January. Paige has been chasing after the divas championship and pushing the idea of a Bella twin free WWE since the start of the year teaming up with the likes of Natalya and AJ Lee to get rid of the twins. That is why it's not working. In reality what should of happened early on in the year should of been happening now. Paige looking for a diva to help her take down the Bella's should of been happening now without the matches that have happened happening. It would of made perfect sense if they waited until now to do this storyline and then the alliance of AJ Lee and Paige happened and they took down the Bella's for good. It feels like the feud between Nikki and Brie and Paige and AJ back at Wrestlemania was pointless. This storyline should of either happened now like the way I just mentioned or early on in the year back at Wrestlemania. I know all that sounds a little confusing so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Anyway, I will be honest I felt last nights divas match was very predicable and I wasn't expecting a lot at all. To be fair the match wasn't bad, it was better than I expected and they did the best the possibly could have for the time that they had. Their was some good spots and it was great seeing Paige use a couple of moves that we haven't seen her used in a while. The closing moments were very interesting. We saw Alicia Fox cost Paige the match by pushing her from the top rope allowing Brie to take advantage and get the win. I think I know were this is going but I'm not sure if it's going to work but it should be interesting either way.

We then had a one on one match between Dolph Ziggler and Bo Dallas. Interesting booking but both talented superstars so I wasn't all that fussed about the match. The only thing that annoyed me once again was Bo's booking. Now, if these two were given a nice, long amount of time in the ring then I would have no problem with them competing against one another because they honestly would put on a great match up, there's no doubt about that. But since coming up to the main roster, Bo just hasn't been put on the right track and I do think it's a real shame. He had a great little mini feud with Neville last month and he did have a good match but there just hasn't been anything since. He did look really dominate and strong last night but it was a short lived match that of course saw Dolph Ziggler get the win and to be honest the main attention was on Lana and the on going work between her and Rusev.
The one on one action continued after that and following the six man tag team match that took place on RAW this past week between Neville and the tag team champions, the Prime time players and the New Day, the former NXT champion went one on one with Xavier Woods. Because of the booking from RAW this past week the match made sense and even though I'm not a Woods fan it was good to see him in one on one action because he is improving in the ring the more we see him actually compete so I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but to be fair he stood no chance against Neville and once again it was a very predicable part of the night. Xavier did take control of the start of the match if that is what you want to call it but when the new day tried to use the numbers to their advantage the prime time players came down to the ring as I predicted and made things even, in the end it was the red arrow from Neville that closed the win.

We then got a promo from the WWE World Heavyweight champion Seth Rollins. I kinda liked the idea of the promo being half way through the show, it kept the whole show interesting rather than just the start and the end. However, I think it could of been better if they hyped the promo a little more, maybe mentioning it at the start of the show so we knew something big and interesting was coming up. After all a promo from the WWE World Heavyweight champion is a pretty big deal. Anyway, Rollins spent the promo talking about what happened this past week on RAW and of course Brock Lesnar. It was done really well and actually made me really excited about the match and being able to write my prediction post for the match. Rollins did a great job cutting the promo and pushing the work going on right now with him and Lesnar.

Up next, a one on one match between NXT Champion Kevin Owens and former tag team champion, Cesaro. This for me was just a dream match and I honestly was like a little kid again. The little backstage segment between the two superstars wasn't great but nothing was going to stop me from being excited about this match. These are two of the best wrestlers around right now and there two styles will just work perfectly. I would of loved it if these two were able to have a match on NXT just because of the time and attention their match would have gotten but come on, this was Owens VS Cesaro and I could not wait for it. I'm also loving how many appearances Owens is making right now. It doesn't matter if you are watching, RAW, Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, or Main Event, Kevin Owens is everywhere and everyone is talking about him. He clearly is very very busy right now and the poor guy must be beyond tired but he is doing such a great job and is just completely owning it. We are witnessing the Owens takeover. Unlike most of Owens one on one matches since coming to the WWE, this one saw him really put through he's paces and he it was much less one sided. Cesaro took early control of this match, upping the speed and making sure the NXT champion knew that in the battle of strength he was a man not to take out of the picture. The match was much much shorter than I would of liked. I can't help but feel as though if these two were given twenty minuets this would of been a match of the year contender for sure, but once again for the time they had it was a good match and easy to get into, a good part of the night.

Finally, main event time and after what happened at the start of the show, Kane and Sheamus teamed up to take on Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose. These are four superstars I'm really interested in right now and four superstars who we should all be paying close attention over the next year or so and I was actually really looking forward to this last night. I might not have been expecting all that much but I was really looking forward to it and seeing how it would all play out. I think Dean Ambrose is in an interesting position right now. He's just had a great feud with Rollins, main eventing and chasing after the WWE World Heavyweight championship but the big question now is, what is next for him? He will defiantly stay at the top and he's booking will remain strong. There are huge things waiting for him but he is at an awkward place right now. These little matches however, are great for him and just what he needs. Sheamus and Ambrose stared this match out last night with the
action be very split throughout and this was something that remained throughout the entire match to be honest with the heels spending slightly more time in control and dominating. Of course Ambrose and Reigns worked better and amazingly well together which was to be expected and nothing less. Sheamus did once again use the injured leg of Ambrose to he's advantage. We defiantly saw more of Dean than we did Reigns last night witch I didn't really like at all. In these tag team matches Reigns really needs to step it up and do more. I was surprised to see just how well Sheamus and Kane worked at times. There both very barbaric and dominate and that is something we saw throughout this match. The closing moments of this match were very interesting and very well done. off the distraction from Bray Wyatt, Sheamus took advantage and was able to get a quick win.  It was a huge win for Sheamus but at the same time the feud between Reigns and Wyatt was the centre piece and the attention was taken off of the superstar who actually needed the push and attention so I wasn't all that pleased with the ending. But it made sense and was put together well.

All round I thought it was a decent show. Stand outs include Sheamus and Kevin Owens for me. Some great story development between Wyatt and Reigns and solid main event. I'd rate the show a six out of ten at the most but you can let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Why there is going to be no escaping Eva Marie
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts