Monday Night RAW Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you're all well and good! I know its been a while since I last uploaded a blog post (not including yesterday's top five that was pre-posted), I've mentioned briefly on twitter that I've been dealing with a thew personal issues and I also came down with the flu last week so I have just been dealing with all that and decided to take some time out to rest and give my body the time off that it needed. I am however back now feeling much better and today I have this weeks Monday Night RAW Highlights. I've really missed writing these blog posts. I love going back and taking a look at the show that just happened and picking out the best moments of the night. I am going to make sure these are uploaded every single week along with the best and worse moments of Smackdown LIVE. NXT Review and Reactions posts will be uploaded every two weeks. Starting on Friday I'll also be uploading a "This week in Wrestling" post at the end of every week where I will go through the best and worse moments of wrestling of the past seven days! Now, last nights episode of Monday night RAW was an interesting one. We had several stand out moments that I cannot wait to talk about tonight and with the build up to what is shaping up to be a solid Hell in a Cell card we have loads to discuss in today's Highlights post! As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow and of course you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Sasha Banks and Charlotte Look to Make History

It was announced a couple of weeks back that at this years Hell in a Cell pay per view Sasha Banks and Charlotte will make history when they become the first two women to compete inside a hell in a cell match. As a long time fan of both of these women the news literally could have brought tears to my eyes. Seeing them both grow so much and watching as their careers progress has been amazing this huge opportunity they ar recving will change the game for both supestars and set the bar higher than ever for the women's divison. After all these years we're finally starting to see less of a devide between male and female superstars. This is without a doubt one of if not the match I'm most excited for for this years Hell in a Cell pay per view and over the past couple of weeks we really have seen the build up kick start and last night we got to hear from both women as they look to make history in less than two weeks. Now, I don't know about you but I loved that this was a feature on last nights show. It was great to hear from both women and to see so much attention on this huge history making match up. I did personally enjoy hearing from Charlotte much more. I do feel as though she is a touch stronger on the mic and she really did do a great job in hyping this up and coming championship match and even better job and making herself sound truly superiror. Sasha did of course do an excellent job talking about the women's divison and the revolution we have seen over the past couple of years. It really didn't feel like we were watching two "divas" this was exactly what we have all been asking for so long. Two female superstars passionate about wrestling, passionate about being champion and passionate about making a stand and proving they can work just as hard as the men. I can honestly say I cannot wait to see these two clash at Hell in a Cell in two weeks time. 

Bo Dallas Makes a Statement 

Anyone that has been following me for long enough will know all too well that I have been a Bo Dallas fan pretty much from day one. An NXT orginal he was one of the first men to capture the NXT Championship and his feud with Adrian Neville was one of the developmental terrirories highlight storyline's in the early stages and still talked about to this day. When watching him compete in NXT anyone could see the level of potential Bo posessed. A natrual on the mic, extremely charasmatic and solid in the ring, not to mention he's family line of wrestlers, Bo was a stand out from day one and someone we all deemed to be a big star in the future. However, since hes call up to the main oster Bo really has struggled to make the same impace on the big stage as he did down in NXT. That is until now. Over the past couple of weeks the WWE have been showing us a new side to Bo Dallas, a side of him many long time NXT fans may just recognise. A change in attitude has focused far more attention on Dallas after picking up a couple of squash and tag team matches we have seen him actually build momentum and show signs of a change around for a very talented and deserving superstar. During last nights show he found himself one of the top stars of the night. It's difficult for anyone to really stand out after Goldbergs huge return but Bo is someone I have been talking about a lot recently and after scoring a win over Neville live on RAW and attacking his tag team partner Curits Axel there is every reason to be talking about the former NXT Champion. Now, I don't know just how far this push is going to go for Bo. There's a lot of competetion on Monday night RAW so it's going to be a tough ride for Bo but he deserves this push and I can't wait to see what the WWE have coming up for him over the next thew months. 

Braun Strowman Gets His Competetion 

Since the brand split I have been talking a lot about Braun Strowman here on my blog. I've mentioned him plenty of times and spoke about how much of a fan I have grown to become of him. For months we have seen Strowman destory every man that has stood in his way competing in squash matches week in and week out and while he has been very impressive and very dominate it has finally got to the time where we need to see more of him and his work needs to become much stronger. During the show last night Strowman was pitted against three local competitors in what was a showcasing of Strowmans true dominace. Contiuing to impress the WWE universe he set out to prove a point and after picking up the victory he once again took to the mic to demand real competion. Over the past couple of weks we have seen strowman express his frustrations with the lack of competetion being presented to him and threatened general manager Mick Foley that he was going to head to the back and find competetion on his own. Now, I would have liked to have to seen more backstage work between Foley and Strowman but I can also see how doing it this way works also. Last night Strowman was finally presented with the competetion he has been demanding as former NXT Champion Sami Zayn stepped up to the plate and in a brief backstage interview Zayn mentioned that he stepped up because no one else would and that really does say everything about Zayn's character. Personally, I wasn't expecting this last night and I'm not completely sure what I think. I do feel as though Strowman has to go over in this little growing feud. Sami will be able to bounce back perfectly fine but the WWE really are going to have to do the right thing with him and push him to the moon and back not long after this ends but this could be exactly what Strowman needs to really become a top star in the WWE.

Momentum Contiues to build for Certain Superstars

I also want to quickly touch on the fact that several superstars last night picked up more momentum ahead of the up and coming pay per view and we got to see more development in certain growin storyline's and feuds. Sheamus and Cesaro contiued to show that are still struggling to get on the same page despite having a huge tag team championship match coming up in two weeks time. Talking of the tag team champion, Big E was able to work on a distraction to score a win over Sheamys. Dana Brooke picked up the upset last night also when she defeated Bayley in one on one action. I'm still not confident that Dana should be up on the main roster just yet but its great to see her actually start working on her own and picking up some wins. Big Cass also evened up the playing feidl when he defeated Karl Anderson in singles competetion. 

Goldberg makes a Huge reutrn to RAW & Accepts Lesnar's Challenge 

And finally, closing this weeks show was most probably the greatest wrestling moment of the year for me, Goldbergs huge return to the WWE. I literally grew up the biggest Goldberg fan, as a kid he was my idea of Superman. He's someone who always excited me and had me jumping up and down when his music hit. All these years later and nothing has changed. The moment the camera's moved backstage and that music hit I was up of my chair jumping up and down like I was five years old all over again. It may have been around four am here in the UK but I was marking out just as much as I would have done all those years back. It's a moment that I have been dreaming about for plenty of years and since it was announced he was going to be apart of 2K17 I have been sitting back just waiting for him to pop back up on my TV and step back inside that ring. So for me this was a dream come true and knowing that he was on the show last night to respond to that huge challenge from Brock Lesnar just excited me so much! The kid in me that grew up the biggest fan of these two was
just going mental. The reaction Goldberg picked up alst night was huge. He had evey single memeber of the WWE universe eating out the palm of his hands. Everyone in the crowd was on their feet and showing their respect for a true legend. Speaking of his history in the wrestling buisness and his return to the spotlight he spoke about being an insperation for kids, a superhero and throughout the entire segment you could really see just how much putting a smile kids faces means to him. I felt the passion, I felt the energy and I had that same buzz watching him I had twelve years ago. There was a little tease in the middle but in the end Goldberg made it clear that he was accepting Lesnars challenge and named Lesnar as the next and the last, a moment that gave me goosebumps! I spent all night looking forward to this moment and it did not disapoint in the slightest. I cannot wait to see Lesnar on the show next week and of course to once again see these two icons collide in what is a true must see match up. 

Last night was a decent show. We had one stand out match witch of course was the opening between Seth Rollins and Chis Jericho and I loved the sit down interiviews with Charlotte and Sasha Banks conducted by Lita. The moment of the night was of course without a doubt Goldbergs big return. As always I would lovee to know what you thought of the show so feel free to leave a comment bellow letting me know or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria. 


Follow Me:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Recent Blog Posts:
Five Superstars WWE Completely Wasted

Comments

Popular Posts