WWE Roadblock End Of the Line Best and Worse Moments

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Last night the final WWE pay per view of two thousand and sixteen took place as the RAW roster hosted Roadblock: End of the line and what a night it was. With all four championships on the line and several must-see bouts, it was an interesting night full of title changes, history-making moments and returns. Now, I debated all night as to what post I should write today and in the end, I decided to go with a Best and Worse moments style review. So in today's blog post I'm going to be running you through the best and worse moments of the WWE Roadblock end of the line pay per view and trust me it's going to be an interesting and lengthy one.  I had so much fun taking my notes for this blog post and I cannot wait to translate that into a blog post for you today. Before we get started I do have a couple of reminders and updates for you. First up, in regards to of the year season, I still have plenty more posts to upload and this week a good chunk of those will be uploaded including my female superstar of the year. I will also be kick starting British Wrestling season here on my blog in January ad that will run throughout the month. This post today will be the last live show I will be reviewing in twenty seventeen but usual RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights posts will begin in early January also. As usual, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of last night's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

New Tag Team Champions are Crowned 

The opening in contest in last night's pay per view saw the New Day once again defend their tag team titles against newly formed, Cesaro and Sheamus and following their history making title reign milestone last Monday the champs were full of momentum as they looked to extend that reign even longer. The match itself was far stronger than I originally thought it was going to be and set the bar nice and high for the rest of the night. What started out as a fun fast paced match beginning with Cesaro taking full control early on led to an intense back and forth bout that would see several near falls leaving us all on the edge our seats. Throughout the match, we saw the New Day pull out previous tricks they had used in the past to retain their championships and with Cesaro and Sheamus refusing to back down and finding a way out of everything the New Day pulled out their bag frustrations began to develop as the champs started to wonder just what exactly it was going to take to knock off the still newly formed team. We saw Kingston and Big E do everything in their power to keep hold of their titles even using the help of Xavier Woods on numerous occasions however it just wasn't enough. In those closing moments, it was confusion from Kofi as to who was the legal man that led to Sheamus picking up a brilliant victory meaning that that record breaking reign was finally over and new tag team champs were crowned in Cesaro and Sheamus. Following the match we got to see great sportsmanship between the two teams, well kind of.. While Cesaro and the New Day shared a sign of mutual respect for one another, Sheamus wasted no time celebrating his victory. Personally, I thought this was a brilliant start to the night. We had a fantastic opening contest with a clever and incredible finish. I also loved the added touch of the New Day handing over the titles themselves. That finally moment they had with those titles was just great and seeing them pass the titles to Cesaro was a real special moment. Throughout the match, you could feel the emotion from the New Day and it all tied together perfectly. The New Day had a great run as champions but they did grow stale over time and it was more than time for new champs. There is great potential in Cesaro and Sheamus and I cannot wait to see what the WWE have planned for them and their reign.

Sami Zayn Survives against Braun Strowman in Fantastic Storyline

One of the things that I spoke about the most last night over on twitter during this pay per view was how much I have been enjoying the storyline between Sami Zayn and Braun Strowman and the fantastic involvement from RAW general manager, Mick Foley. I honestly cannot say a bad word about it. This right here is brilliant wrestling storytelling. In recent weeks Foley has managed to make Strowman look like a true monster to fear protecting and warning Zayn to stay away from a rematch against Strowman for his own safety. However, the fight in Zayn, the determination and obsessive characteristic in Zayn that NXT fans will know all too well about is what has made this feud unbelievably hooking. If you had told me that a feud between Sami Zayn and Braun Strowman would be what I was most hooked on I would have deemed you insane but honestly, I could not take my eyes off the screen throughout last night's ten-minute time limit match up between the pair. I was quite literally at the end of my seat yelling at my screen. I found myself completely emotionally invested in the action and I honestly did not know how the match was going to conclude. In my head there were so many ways I wanted this match to end; I loved the idea of Zayn going for the cover and just missing out on a win thanks to the time ending. I also was a fan of Foley stopping the match due to Strowman taking the action too far and something me and my friend wanted to see was Zayn simply flat out loose and allow further storytelling to go on on the following episode of Monday night RAW, however, I have to say that I was completely satisfied with the ending to last night's matchup. I loved Foley coming down and looking to throw the towel in, I loved Zayn begging him not to and I loved those closing moments that saw Sami fight back and while he didn't pick up a pinfall victory he did survive ten minutes in the ring with Strowman. I mentioned last night that I felt this feud had done wonders for both men and I completely stick by that. The WWE have managed to keep Strowman look strong and dominant showing his great potential to be a major, big star while also finally putting Zayn back in the spotlight. We got to see his heart and passion stronger than we have done since his call-up to the main roster and last nights match was perfect for both superstars. 

Austin Aries calls Cruiserweight Championship Action

Now, I'm going to be talking a lot about the Cruiserweight division in this post and over the next few weeks and so my next point is a small one but a sure up from last night's show so I just had to include it in this post. The Cruiserweight division, unfortunately, has not gone as well as we all expected and would have liked. Poor booking and lack of investment have lefts fans uninterested in the division and as a result they haven't been getting the reaction they deserve. The addition of 205 Live has allowed them to have their own platform and time to shine and show what they have to offer but it again hasn't been great. One of the best things to come out of having 205 Live is the addition of NXT Superstar Austin Aries who has been apart of the commentary team since the first show and last night the former TNA star took to the commentary team to call the action during the triple threat match between TJ Perkins, Brian Kendrick and Rich Swann. This honestly did put a huge smile on my face. It was without a doubt one of the best decisions made of the night and it really did do its job in bringing attention to 205 Live and putting the spotlight on the division properly. Hopefully, Aries is a face we see regularly on the commentary team for the division until he eventually joins if that is the plan. 

Charlotte Continues To be undefeated on pay per view

The match of the night in my personal opinion was without a doubt the ironman match up between Sasha Bank and Charlotte. While I hated the ending with every fibre in my body no one can deny that these two women tore the house down last night and gave us one fantastic match as they concluded their rivalry. This has been one of the standout feuds of twenty sixteen and while it could have been booked way stronger and a month or so could have been knocked off of it these two women have never failed to disappoint and last night was no different. I was watching this match with my mum who isn't the world's biggest wrestling fan at all but we were both sat completely glued to the screen watching every piece of action carefully and as the action went on the suspense, the tension and the yelling only grew as we were both genuinely hooked. These two women yet again pulled out some fantastic spots that really did show off their skills brilliantly and had me even more interested in the action. However, it was the brilliant chemistry and outstanding storytelling between the pair that had me so invested in this match. I did love that they had to go into overtime, it fitted with the whole theme of their match and the pay per view and it all worked just brilliantly in my eyes. The blood did give this match and edge and gave it that all fight, war feel that I did like and the crowd really did wake up massively during that over time action. What I did hate was seeing Charlotte regain the Championship. I said it last night and I will say it again, I am unbelievably bored of seeing Charlotte as champion. I wanted nothing more than to see Banks retain last night and I honestly do not see the point in putting that championship back on Charlotte. What I will say however is it does really add a lot of heat to Charlotte and it also means that whoever does eventually defeate her on pay per view is going to get a huge push and that victory will mean a heck of a lot. I may have hated the ending but this was a fantastic match and no one can take that away from them. Women's wrestling has come so far and this match showed just that as these two women easily had the match of the night.

Adrian Neville Makes epic Return in Highlight Moment of the Night

The moment of the night for me personally was easily the return of Adrian Neville. It was one of the moments that has you genuinely wanting to stand up and clap at your TV screen. For weeks I have been sitting here complaining about the cruiserweight division. I have not stopped telling people how frustrating it is seeing the division being treated so poorly and even worse seeing how little the fans have been invested in them. During the Roadblock kick off show last night I mentioned that Adrian Neville desperately needs to make a return and save this division as we all began to wonder where on earth he was any why the WWE had not been using him as part of this division. As if the wrestling gods had read my tweet and heard us all speaking moments after Rich Swann retained his Cruiserweight Championship in a triple threat against Brian Kendrick and TJ Perkins, Neville's music hit and the crowd went insane. Heading down to the ring Neville wasted no time attacking the champ and focusing his attentions on Perkins also. So let's take a moment to take this all in... Adrian Neville (I refuse to still only call him Neville) had a shocking return and did so as a heel. With Thank you Neville chants this proved to be the move the WWE needed all along.  This division has needed him right from the very start and now that he's back in action we really are about to see this Cruiserweight division skyrocket and I'm genuinely excited to see what the future holds for all these men especially Neville.

An Odd ending to an Interesting Pay Per View

Last night's main event didn't go down great with me personally. I'll admit that I did really enjoy the matchup between Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns. While I didn't have an interest in their feud I never doubted that they had it in them to provide us with a fantastic match and that is exactly what
they did. However, I have had so many issues with this build-up and the action we have seen generally around the main event picture in recent weeks. It really has just been a mess. We have Reigns and Rollins teaming up here and there, Jericho and Owens have shown to have so many issues they should make their way to the Jeremy Kyle show and the repetitive, boring bouts between the four haven't gone down well with me and last night just didn't help. I wasn't a fan of the fact that Reigns had nothing to loose with his title not even on the line and while I loved that Owens retained the show ended and I was left just confused. So we had Chris Jericho come down to the ring and attack Kevin Owens causing a DQ ending, he then eyed up the title handed it back to Owens and made out as if they were best friends again and the Reigns and Rollins completely took them both out again.... I have no idea what I'm supposed to be feeling. Of course, I'm expecting to see Owens VS Jericho for the WWE Universal title over the next month or so but why that final beat down happened I don't t know. It didn't feel necessary at all and I kinda wish they just didn't do it at all. A massive down moment from last night's show in my eyes.

Overall I liked the WWE Roadblock end of the line pay per view. While there were a couple of moments I strongly disliked I mainly enjoyed the show. It wasn't the best but we had some strong moments. Neville's return was easily the highlight moment of the night and the match of the evening without fail goes to Banks VS Charlotte in their incredible ironman match. The main event was solid but those closing moments really did ruin it for me personally. As usual, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of last night's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Top Five NXT Matches of 2016

Most Improved WWE Superstars of 2016
Five Superstars WWE Screwed Over in 2016

Social Media Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts