Monday Night RAW Superstars Who Should be On Smackdown LIVE

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you're all well and good! So I've been gone for a couple of weeks now. I've mentioned recently that I was going through a pretty tough time in my personal life and then I was really unwell so I took some time out of doing any work and just focused on myself and getting my life back on track slowly. I am however back now, feeling much much better after a much-needed break and today I have a very special blog post. It's one that I have wanted to sit down and write for a couple of weeks now. On the night of the WWE Draft a thew months back I wrote a blog post and spoke on twitter about my opinions on the draft decisions made on the night and focused an entire post discussing what I believe were the wrong and right draft picks of the night. As the months have passed we have seen solid shows from both Monday night RAW and Smackdown LIVE and again, I have spoken loads about what II have thought of the shows that have been provided since the brand split. Some of you will remember me claiming that I believed RAW would remain the stronger show thanks to a bigger roster and more TV time, however, I could not have been more wrong! While the red brand has sure produced some stellar shows over the past thew months and has prided themselves in pushing its women's division to a whole new level, Smackdown LIVE has without a doubt been the most consistent and promising show. The smaller roster and hour less has managed to work in their favor with more superstars receiving time and opportunities they would never have gotten on RAW and a different content week in and week out. However, the roster could still do with a boost and there are still plenty of superstars who should be swapped over to Smackdown LIVE. In today's blog post I'm going to be counting down a list of Monday Night RAW Superstars I believe should move over to the blue brand. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you think of today's post by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Emma 
Emma is the first of two women I'm going to be talking about in today's blog post. I mentioned in the intro that one thing RAW certainly is doing better than Smackdown LIVE at the current moment is its portrayal of the women's division. Yes, while Smackdown LIVE are better at showcasing all its female talent the matches we have seen from the likes of Sasha Banks and Charlotte in recent months has forced the RAW women's division to slightly outshine the girls over on the blue brand. If you take a look at Smackdown LIVE anyone can see the amount of potential there is in the women's division. The likes of Carmella and Alexa Bliss show that there are great things to come in the future of the Smackdown LIVE women's division with both fitting into top feuds very early on and making their own impact. We also have veterans such as Natalya, Nikki Bella and Naomi who all have so much to bring to the table in terms of experience and skill. Not to mention the champ Becky Lynch, the easy fan favorite. However, as I have said from day one, the division needs more women. More competitors mean more competition and more diversity in matches. Emma would make the perfect addition to the Smackdown LIVE roster and women's division. Talking to friends and people online I have learned that I sure was not alone in believing that Emma upon her return would head over to Smackdown LIVE. The women's division is strong over on RAW and it just doesn't feel as though at the moment we need to through another talent in there especially when the blue brand need more names in its division. I seems as though the WWE are already starting up with going in all the wrong directions with Emma. She didn't need a character change at all and she certainly shouldn't be heading to Monday night RAW. Alliances with the likes of Alexa Bliss on Smackdown LIVE and feuds against Naomi and Nikki Bella are exactly what Emma could have been facing if she had been drafted to Smackdown LIVE. There is no doubt in my mind that she could have some brilliant matches with the women on both brands given the opportunity but Smackdown LIVE sure is the place she should be. 

Darren Young 
Ever heard of the phrase "the stage isn't big enough for the both of us"? This is exactly what springs to mind when I think about Darren Young and Titus O'Neil. While I haven't been the world's biggest fan of either superstar and its safe to say neither of them has really had the best WWE career in the world it just doesn't feel as though they should both feature on the same show anymore and the stage really doesn't feel big enough for both o them. A while back the WWE tried this really odd feud between the two where it was difficult to tell who was the heel, what was going on and what the actual point is. It really was just a mess. Since then neither superstar has been heading in a great direction and as someone who is a much bigger fan of O'Neil it's just been a shame to watch. I do believe both these men have loads of potential and if they are put on separate shows they will both shine much much more. To be fair any of these two could make the jump to Smackdown LIVE and it would work but looking at the roster and the fact Young is paired with Bob Backland and also keeping in mind what the current Smackdown LIVE roster looks like Young would be a perfect and separating them both for good could just be what they both need in order to finally get the attention and push they both deserve to have. 

Summer Rae
Recently I have been speaking a lot about Summer Rae here on my blog and over on twitter. I have also spoken about her loads her on my blog in the past. I've mentioned that she is a personal favorite of mine and someone I believe deserves a lot more respect and attention. It's most probably fair to say that Summer Rae is one of the most underrated and underutilised women in the WWE. Now, I'm not sitting here and claiming that she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and should be spoken about in the same manner as the likes of Sasha Banks and Charlotte for example but I do think it's important to realise that there wouldn't be a Sasha Banks and Charlotte if it wasn't for Summer Rae. There was a time where Summer found herself as one of the strongest heels in NXT and she has to be noted as one of the women who helped shaped the women's division down in NXT. If it wasn't for her the likes of Sasha Banks, Paige, Charlotte and even Emma wouldn't be where they are today. Her feuds, storyline's and alliance with these women made Summer one of the focus points of NXT during its early days and if you back and watch some of her matches were she was actually given time to compete you may just be surprised at what you see. Always showing great potential Summer has proven she can hack it as both a heel and a baby face but shes simply never been given the chance. I do believe there is a place for her on Monday night but Smackdown LIVE is sure the place that will use her to her full potential and the place she will easily find herself doing more and finally making the impact she deserves to make.


Sami Zayn 
There is probably no one more on this list today that I believe should be drafted to Smackdown LIVE
than Sami Zayn. As a huge Sami Zayn (and I have been for many years) I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to see him drafted to Monday Night RAW all those months back. Most if not all the people I spoke to during around the time the brand split news came agreed with me when I said that Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn should not be drafted to the same show. To this day I have no idea why on earth they decided to put them both on RAW. It literally made zero sense. Around this time the pair were working a feud in which would come to a conclusion the same week the draft night took place. This match, in particular, was advertised as their final big match and the very end of their feud. By the end of the Battleground pay per view, we were set to see one man stand tall over the other and the winner of what was easily one of the best feuds of the past ten years. To anyone, it made sense for the pair to part ways and head off onto separate shows. It would have been the perfect way to end the storyline and move them both onto something completely new and different. Both these men are extremely talented superstars, there's no doubt about it. Since their arrival in the WWE, they have both provided some fantastic matches both on NXT and the main roster however since the brand split there is no denying that Kevin Owens has been the man that has taken the spotlight. Sure he completely deserves it and nothing has made me happier this yea than seeing Kevin Owens climb to the top where he belongs and hold that WWE Universal Championship but Zayn deserves to be just as highly ranked and unfortunately I cannot see that happening anytime soon on Monday Night RAW. There are plenty more opportunities waiting for Zayn over on Smackdown LIVE. The potential Storyline's and matches we could see between him and the likes of AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt and a heel Dean Ambrose are insanely exciting. Not to mention the fact that we could get something truly spectacular out of him and John Cena. I along with most people really would love to see Zayn finally hold a championship on the main roster and I don't doubt that his chances are much stronger on Smackdown LIVE and after all, it has always felt as thought Smackdown LIVE is where he belongs.

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE Hell in a Cell Best and Worse Moments


Follow me here:

Comments

Popular Posts