My Top 5 Emotional Championship Victories

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you're all well and good! Today I have a blog post that I've wanted to write and upload for a couple of weeks now. About a month back the WWE uploaded a video to their YouTube channel counting down ten of the most emotional championship victories in WWE history and after enjoying the video so much I thought I would count don my top five in today's blog post in my own little take on the topic. I've been watching the product most of my life and over the years I've witnessed plenty of amazing championship matches and title changes many of which have been very emotional, to say the least so narrowing it down to just five was really difficult! I have however noticed that most of the wins I'm talking about today have taken place over the past five years or so if you would like a part two then do let me know and I will for sure get onto writing that up for you for next month! Just a little note that over the next couple of weeks or so there won't be as many reviews and reactions and Highlights posts here because of British Wrestling Season on my blog! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent Highlights and Best and Worse Moments posts for RAW and Smackdown on top of my No Mercy Review and Reactions. As always you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and that you think has been the most emotional championship victory by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

Bayley Defeats Sasha Banks to Become NXT Women's Champion 

We start today's blog post counting down my top five emotional championship victories with the first of two NXT matches to feature in this list; Bayley's huge victory over the Boss, Sasha Banks at NXT Takeover Brooklyn. This is the most recent win that will feature in today's blog post and while I'm sure many will argue that there were plenty more moments in wrestling that were a touch more emotional than this for me personally it just had to go in the list as there is no doubt that Bayley's win over Sasha was one of the most emotional moments not only of twenty fifteen but of the past decade. The match that changed women's wrestling completely the two NXT stars battled it out in a phenomenal match that was highlighted by many as the match of the year for two thousand and fifteen and the best women's match in WWE history. If you have been reading my blog for the past twelve months you would have seen that I have written about this match on several different occasions and to this day continue to mention it both on social media and here on my blog. There was a clear story being told and with Bayley spending the best part of an entire year chasing after that women's championship this did feel like her last chance to prove herself and finally walk away with the title. It was a passionate, heartfelt battle full of fantastic spots and brilliant wrestling. A match that revolutionised women's wrestling and changed the game completely. After a back and fourth bout and several close calls, it was Bayley who finally picked up that huge victory in a classic ending that will go down in history. As the ref made the three count the arena went insane with everyone on their feet cheering for the newly crowned champ. There were tears in the eyes of everyone! From fans in the crowd, to people at home to the women competing on the night. A special moment shared between the four horsewomen of NXT made this the perfect conclusion to their story as three of the four were set to make their way up to the main roster. A special moment for Bayley and a special moment for the entire NXT universe.

Dolph Ziggler  Cashes In On Del Rio on Night After Mania

Dolph Ziggler is a fan favorite superstar. Over the years he has managed to develop a loyal following that has continued to support him throughout his career. For years Ziggler has been highlighted as one of the most underutilized superstars on the roster. A clear brilliant in-ring competitor and easily one of the best sellers on the roster Ziggler has always had the support of the fans and for years the WWE universe wanted to see him crowned as champion and finally get that big push he deserves. However, the WWE were far from willing to just give it to him. It's been made perfectly clear that the WWE don't have the most amount of faith in the show-off. He's not so strong mic skills and mediocre character has allowed him to be placed firmly in the mid card section of the roster throughout most of his career and while he has competed in several fantastic one on one matches he's never been the top guy he deserves to be portrayed as. However, a couple of years back Ziggler finally was given an opportunity by holding the Money in the Bank briefcase and in that  year we saw him take part in a handful of standout matches and feuds that include a storyline with John Cena. Moving on from that angle Ziggler kept us all on edge and wondering when he would finally cash in that briefcase with the one year mark fast approaching. The moment finally arrived however on the night after Wrestlemania and what a night it was for the show-off and his loyal fans. Moments, before we had seen a Wrestlemania rematch between Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio and after Del Rio, suffered a leg injury Ziggler saw his opportunity and when he's music hit the arena blew up with everyone on their feet and everyone cheering for Dolph. This was without a doubt one of the biggest crowd reactions I have ever heard and the reaction alone is something fans still talk about to this day! The win wasn't a quick one for Ziggler and the crowd and everyone at home was left waiting on the edge of their seats for that moment we had all spent years waiting for. Eventually, Ziggler was able to take advantage of another perfect moment and finally pin Del Rio to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. It was a moment both fans and Ziggler had been waiting for for years and with every single person in the arena on their feet for the show-off, this will go down as one of the most memorable and emotional championship victories in WWE history.

Sami Zayn Finally Becomes NXT Champion 


I still to this day believe that Sami Zayn is the face of NXT. From day one he was the man that I found myself rooting for an as an NXT original he's someone who I always pay credit to for making NXT what it is today. Without a doubt, one of the most popular and loved stars of the developmental territory Sami Zayn will forever be known as the heart of NXT. One of the biggest stories in NXT history saw Sami Zayn on his road to becoming champion. Throughout his time competing in several outstanding matches that were highlighted as some of the greatest matches in NXT history Zayn's number one goal remained the same, to become NXT champion. Everything he did, every feud he worked, every promo he cut went back to the dream of one day being champion and the face of NXT. From day one the NXT universe followed Zayn in his quest to become champion but the fan favorite always found himself coming up short and there was always someone better or someone who got there just before him. Taking part in fantastic matches and feuds against the likes of Cesaro, Tyler Breeze, and Tyson Kidd Zayn continued to come up short time and time again all receiving title opportunities before him. On his road to redemption Zayn did everything in his power to earn one more title shot and with the fans firmly behind him this final opportunity to capture gold became one of the most intense matches in NXT history and the storyline itself will forever go down as one of the most gripping and entertaining stories in NXT and WWE history. Over the past couple of years, I have written about Sami Zayn and that epic one on one championship match against Adrian Neville. I have noted it as one of my all time favorite NXT matches and one of the best for the careers of both superstars. The passion, the emotion and the fan reaction throughout this match really was phenomenal. I was gripped from the moment the bell rang! You could feel all the passion and energy burst through the screen and I remember watching the action and literally not wanting to see it come to and end. This was the true definition of on the edge of your seat action and with Zayn finally picking up the win and becoming champion after a long battle to the top Full Sail went insane and with the entire NXT roster coming out to celebrate this was a moment that will forever go down in history not to mention the epic Kevin Owens twist to close the night!

Daniel Bryan Wins the War over the Authority 

Daniel Bryan is without a doubt one of the biggest success stories in WWE history and one of the most popular babyfaces of this generation and possibly of all time. He's road to the top has been one that we have all been following and there is no denying that every wrestling fan has at some point been completely captivated and engaged in his work. His underdog story has been one of the standout stories of the past decade and he's storyline with the Authority will go down as one of the most popular and one of the true standouts of this generation. I'll admit that I was never one to really jump on the Daniel Bryan bandwagon. I can sit here and say that he is a brilliant in-ring competitor and his storylines over the years really were amazing at times but in comparison to so many people, I know I wasn't the biggest DB fan. I did, however, love the build up to Wrestlemania thirty and Bryan's story going into that pay per view. How could you not? An easy highlight feud of the past ten years this was a storyline that I found myself completely invested in and on the night of Wrestlemania everyone in my house was glued to the TV screen all pulling for Bryan to finally after all this time pick up the victory and walk out as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. This was a story fan had been following for months and months and Wrestlemania thirty marked the end of it. With Bryan set to first go up one on one against Triple H in the opening match of the night, everyone was one edge wondering if Bryan could pick up this hugely important victory for the chance to be apart of the main event. The match itself was yet another standout and was highlighted also as one of the best matches of twenty fourteen. It was one of not many matches of that year that genuinely left me on the edge of my seat, yelling at my TV. Despite Bryan picking up the victory, the match was a gruelling one that pushed both Bryan and Hunter to their limits and with Daniel set to compete one last time in the main event we all wondered if he had it in him to walk out as champion after all. The triple threat main event was stellar. With Randy Orton, Batista and of course Daniel Bryan all competing to leave Wrestlemania thirty the WWE World Heavyweight Champion it was a must see main event and it was safe to say that most fans were backing the underdog of all underdogs Daniel Bryan. Now, I have written about this match plenty times before here on my blog so I'm not going to go into huge detail but this was a strong, solid main event and as Daniel Bryan picked up the biggest victory of his career one of the most emotional championship celebrations took place. A moment that still gives me goosebumps when I go back and rewatch, no one can deny this was one of the most emotional championship victories in WWE history and a truly iconic moment. 

Eddie Guerrero Wins WWE Championship

Without a doubt my all time favorite title win comes from Eddie Guerrier's WWE Championship victory over Brock Lesnar. As one, my personal all time favorite wrestlers I grew up the biggest Eddie Guerrero fan! Me and my best friend were literally obsessed with him and his work and even now in my adult life he's someone I look up to and use as inspiration in everything I do. I am planning on writing a blog post where I speak about Eddie in much much more detail so keep an eye
out for that over the next thew weeks. There are not many people I know (if any) that weren't fans of Eddie Guerrero. As one of the most inspirational and talented men in WWE and pro wrestling history he left a mark on everyone and forever changed wrestling. It was Eddie along with Foley who made me such big fans as a kid. Keeping all that in mind you can only imagine my reaction as a kid when he defeated Brock Lesnar all the way back in two thousand and four to be crowned the new WWE Champion. This was such a highlight time for me as it was the time I started to really understand and love wrestling as a kid. I remember watching this match and being completely captivated by the action rooting for Eddie and every single part of me wanting to see a new champion crowned. When I go back and watch this match that exact same feeling is there and I remember just how great wrestling was at this time. This was wrestling at its best and for me and so so many others Guerrero was a man so heavily responsible for that. Because of how much I loved Eddie and was a fan of Lesnar and of course how special this time was for me this match really will forever go down as a personal favourite of all time and those closing moments that saw Eddie capture the WWE Championship will go down as a standout moment both in my life and in WWE history. The reaction his win got, the feeling I had as a kid and the feeling I still get now when I rewatch. The emotion and the passion in the eyes of Eddie and every single person in the arena were infectious and there is no doubt in my mind that this had to go in this list as my number one emotional championship victory!

There were so many more titles victories I wanted to talk about today! The five we have just spoke about are some that came to mind first and of course, Eddie's win was always going to be number one. Because I have so much more matches and emotional victories I want to talk about I would love to write a part two so if that's something you would be interested in then do let me know down in the comments section bellow. For now, you can let me know what has been your most emotional title win you have witnessed by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
5 Superstars Who Should be Inducted into 2017 Hall of Fame
Monday Night RAW Stars That should Be Drafted to Smackdown LIVE
Best and Worse Hell in a Cell Moments 2016

Social Media Links:


Comments

Popular Posts