My Top 5 Current British Wreslters

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Today, I'm back with something a little different. A couple of weeks back I uploaded a blog post talking about my top five current Lucha Underground stars and I mentioned in that post that I wanted to start writing more posts surrounding the wrestling scene outside of the WWE. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at the British wrestling scene as I count down my top five current British Wrestlers. I did write a similar blog post back when I first started out blogging and it went down pretty well. I've wanted to do an updated version for quit some time now and so I'm glad that I've managed to get around to actually writing it and uploading it now! Over the next couple of weeks or so I am planning on uploading even more posts talking about the British scene in particular so if this is something you like than do let me know. Note, that I would have loved to have mentioned plenty more names in this blog post and it was super difficult to narrow it down to just five! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW and pay per view review and reactions post. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and tell me who your current favourite British wrestler is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria

This blog post was written several months back. Since then so much has changed including Big Damo's signing to WWE NXT. An updated version of this post will be uploaded in January.

Big Damo 
I just had to start this blog post off with the current ICW Champion, Big Damo. Some of you may have seen Damo compete in TNA several months back during the UK tour but others will know him as one of the fastest rising and most popular stars of Insane Championship Wrestling. Now, I do have to quickly note that ICW is one of my personal favourite wrestling promotions in the entire world and over the next couple of weeks I plan on writing a bunch of blog posts talking about that brand. Anyway, keeping the attention on Damo he really is a star to watch out for and go and check out if you have never seen compete for. The first ever Irish born ICW champion, Damo has worked his way up the ladder and in a short space of time has grown to become one of the most popular and must see faces on the ICW roster. I remember watching interviews conducted with Damo and I was immediately hooked and interested in him. He has a brilliant ora and  fantastic star presences. All you have to do is take a look at Big Damo and anyone, wrestling fan or not, can point him out as someone who truly does have a special look. A dominate presences, Big Damo comes across as someone your sure as hell don't wanna mess with and when you look at his tape many will be surprised at just what he is capable of doing in the ring for a man his size. So far he has had an impressive championship reign and the more matches I watch him compete in and the more attention I pay on him the more of a fan I grow to become and I know for fact that if you go and check him out for yourself you too will become a big fan of Big Damo!

Mark Haskins 
If you have been reading my blog for long enough you would have seen me talk about Mark Haskins before. Not only is he one of my current British wrestlers but he remains an all time all round favourite of mine. I recently watched a singles match between Haskins and former NXT Superstar Sami Callihan aka Solomon Crowe, witch I have spoken about already in a separate blog post and trust me if you have not seen that match I seriously seriously advise you to go and check it out! The link will be bellow and trust me you will not regret devoting twenty minuets of your life to this match. It is without question one of my favourite matches of the year so far and possibly an all time favourite. It was one of those matches that genuinely makes you remember why you love this business so much! I won't talk too much about this match because I am planning on doing a separate post talking about it in more detail but it sure is one to check out and one that highlights Haskins as one of the best British Wrestlers on the scene today. A fast paced talent with an insane move set that will have you glued to your screens completely gripped and entertained by every single match he competes in. Many will recognise Haskins from his work around the world including TNA for a short space of time.He has been doing some great work in NGW as part of the Control alongside the likes of Rampage Brown and Sam Wilder and has been for a couple of years now. He has been doing some fantastic work recently and despite the fact there are plenty of guys I would love to add to this list I just had to include Haskins.

Joe Coffey 
Anyone that follows me on twitter will know that I am a big big fan of Joe Coffey! Over the past thew weeks I have not stopped talking about him all across my social media and so not including him in this list of my top five current British Wrestlers would have been insane! Talking of insane, it's over at ICW where I first came across Coffey and where I began to become completely obsessed with him. Working with his brother Mark at the start of his ICW career, Joe has gone on to have great success competing in several fantastic matches that I continue to talk about and hype. Most recently he competed in the first ever episode of WCPW witch you could still go and check out now over on YouTube. On the night I mentioned on twitter that he was without a doubt the stand out performer in my eyes. He had my full attention and I was left completely entertained and hooked from the start and throughout. The one thing I really do love about Coffey is his brilliant character and charisma and creativity has me completely hooked and only highlights why he is one of my favourite British Wrestlers of today. He really is such an interesting, entertaining, creative character and someone all wrestling fans reading this will sure love. Trust me when I say he is worth checking out and while you're at it go and check out ICW!

Zack Gibson
At number two we have Liverpools very own, Zack Gibson. For any of you that are either casual or loyal hard core fans of NGW you will know exactly who Zack Gibson is and if you don't, well I suggest you go and do your homework.  Known as "Liverpools number one" the NGW star has spent the past couple of years growing to become one of the most popular and must see stars on the British Wrestling scene. I stopped watching British wrestling for quite sometime and when I got back into it pretty recently Zack Gibson was one of the stars that I was drawn too and completely captivated by. When you look at him, lets be honest nothing really stands out and he doesn't come across nor look like a star or someone you would invest a great deal of money. However, once you stick him in a ring or give him a mic you know that his man is a star and without a doubt one of the hottest talents on the British scene today. Whenever I watch interviews with Gibson I'm always left completely hooked on my screen. Such a brilliant speak Gibson is able to tell a story so easily both in the ring and on the mic and his character shines through every single time he is put in front of  a camera. In the ring he is a true pro. Regardless of the opponent, the venue, or the stipulation he puts on a fantastic performance and delivers to the best of his abilities making a brilliant talent and fantastic matches.

Joe Hendry 
And finally at number one we have Joe Hendry. I may only be a recent big fan of Joe Hendry but I just had to include him in this post and have him at number one. It doesn't matter what I watch when at the moment Joe Hendry is literally everywhere whether it be ICW, NGW or even WCPW. He really is everywhere and twenty sixteen is looking to be nothing short of brilliant for the Scottish star. He really has had a brilliant year and it only looks to be getting better. Now, I don't know how many of you reading this outside of the UK will be aware of Hendry but trust me I really do advise that when you finish this you go and check him out and do your research. He is yet another talent you will not regret spending some time having a look at and watching. Working fantastically as both a heel
and a baby face, Joe Hendry is a man that knows how to entertain. A character you will either love or hate he will always be known as one o the most entertaining characters on the British wrestling scene. His entrance videos mocking his opponents have me genuinely in fits of laughter. There is not a single one that I haven't laughed at and completely loved so at least go and give those a look! Most recently Hendry has started working as part of the NGW roster and on his debut night became part of the new NGW tag team champions. He continues to play a bigger and bigger role on the British wrestling scene and it's going to be interesting seeing where he goes from this point on in his career.

So that is my little list! I had so much fun writing this post and so I hope you guys liked reading this also! There was of course plenty of names I wish I could have included such as Jack Jester, Mikey Whiplash, Rampage Brown and many many more but I'm confident you will be reading about them in the coming weeks here on my blog. Let me know if you would like to see more posts about the British Wrestling scene and I will for sure get onto writing those for you! As always you can have your say and let me know who your current favourite British Wrestler is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts