WWE Superstars Who Should Go into 2017 Hall Of Fame

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Today I have a post for you that I have wanted to write for a thew months now but just never really got down to actually taking notes and writing the post. Now, I'm someone that does believe that if you bring a lot to the WWE, you have an impact and you step in that ring entertain you deserve a place in the WWE Hall of fame. In today's blog post we are going to be talking about just a thew names that deserve to be inducted into the two thousand and seventeen WWE hall of fame. Some of these names really should have been inducted years ago as I will talk about in more detail later on. Some of the names I'm going to be mentioning today are personal favourites of mine that I would just like to personally see go into the hall of fame that some of you reading this might not agree with but I do really really believe all these names deserve their place in the hall of fame. As per usual any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including this weeks Monday night RAW Highlights/Review and my Smackdown LIVE Best and Worse Moments. Finally, you can have your say and let me know who you think should be inducted into the two thousand and seventeen WWE Hall of Fame by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Chyna
Kick starting this special top five is the women who inspired me to write this post in the first place, Chyna. Hands down one of the most influential women in sports entertainment history Chyna is one of the first female athletes in the WWE to push women's wrestling to new heights and set the bar high for future female competitors. Watching her as a kid I was completely captivated. She was nothing like the other women being portrayed both in the WWE and on TV altogether. She stood out and was one of the first women I looked up to and took inspiration from. Her dominance, the confidence, and ability to take on any women or man that stood in her way had me looking up to her more than anyone. She was one of the first female athletes that made me fall in love with professional wrestling and saying that she deserves a place in the hall of fame is a huge understatement. For years I have sat here and spoke about how it's a joke that she hasn't been inducted sooner. It still angers me that the actions she made while outside of the WWE have resulted in her not being inducted years ago. When you take a look at her talent, what she brought to the company and the impact she had on fans around the world Chyna is a women that should have clearly made her way into the hall of fame many many years ago. Working in what was arguably the greatest era in pro wrestling, the Attitude Era, Chyna was one of it's biggest stars. Working as part of DX alongside the likes of Shawn Micheals and Triple H she also found herself standing side by side with names such as the Rock. Stone Cold Steve Austin and more. Breaking away from D-Generation X Chyna went on to make history. Becoming not only the first women to compete in a Royal Rumble match but at No Mercy 1999 she defeated Jeff Jarrett to become the first women in history (and the only women) to hold the Intercontinental Championship in World Wrestling Entertainment history. She has always remained in the public presenting awards, realising an autobiography and appearing in TV shows and magazine such as a Playboy. She had a huge impact on every single wrestling fan and remains one of the most popular faces in WWE history. It's saddens me to see Chyna pass away before she was inducted. It would have been nice to have seen her end things good with the company and make her speech. It's so so important that she is inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. There has never been a women like her and the impact she had will forever remain in our minds as she paved the way for every women to come after her.

Goldberg 
A slightly more obvious choice up next we have Goldberg. Out of everyone I have spoken about today Goldberg does seem like one of the more likely names to be inducted into next years Hall Of Fame. A huge part of both the WWE and WCW Goldberg is a name that every wrestling fan knows and every wrestling fan has an opinion on. An iconic figure in pro wrestling Goldberg is a man who has gone on to become one of the most popular names in wrestling history. Again, he's someone that I watched a lot as kid on tape and he remains a superstar I still talk about greatly and go back and watch old matches of. Coming into the business  Goldberg didn't have the most experience in the world but was able to use his size to his advantage and made a huge impact and we all of course remember that one hundred and seventy three - zero record he was able to rack up. A confident, cocky new comer, Goldberg would ask "who's next" after every single victory and over time he became one of the biggest names in the company. His WCW career saw him pick up huge victories over big names such as Raven another personal favourite of mine. By the end of his first year  the undefeated Goldberg was able to pick up the United States Championship. Back in nineteen ninety eight Goldberg put his impressive streak on the line against Hollywood Hogan's WCW Championship on an episode of WCW Monday Nitro back in July. On the night he continued to impress and make an impact picking up the victory and the title in one of his most memorable victories. In two thousand and three the man himself finally arrived in the WWE and he would continue once again to make a huge impact taking out the likes of Chris Jericho, Christian and the Rock and eventually became the World Heavyweight Champion. His career is a memorable one and with recent work with the WWE including a feature in the latest video game it seems like Goldberg really could be making his way into the WWE Hall of Fame.


The Dudley Boyz
I know this blog post is going to seem like one big Attitude Era party but the next guys I'm going to talk about just had to be included in this blog post. We have the Dudley Boyz. Over the years I have spoken a lot about these guys here on my blog and a little over on twitter. I have mentioned that they are easily one of my all time favourite tag teams and there is no denying that that they to this day are one of the greatest tag teams in WWE and sports entertainment history. Along with the Hardy Boys and Edge and Christian, the Dudleys were apart of an era that saw tag team wrestling at it's best. They competed in some of the greatest tag team matches of all time and those epic bouts with the other teams I just mentioned remain to this day one of my all time favourite matches. I mean come on, what wrestling still doesn't get chills thinking about that phenomenal TLC match at Wrestlemania? It's a match I regularly go back to. Just like Chyna the Dudley Boyz where two superstars I as a kid was completely obsessed with. Me and my brother would pretend to be them on a regular basis when we weren't jumping off things pretending to be the Hardys, and I would be completely captivated by everything they did and said. They were pure entertainment and iconic figures of that time in pro wrestling. Last year we got to see the Dudley Boyz make their return to the WWE in the Summer the night after the SummerSlam pay per view and while there were younger fans who probably didn't know them all too well as someone who grew up obsessed with the Dudley Boyz it was brilliant seeing them back inside a WWE ring after so long! Now, they could have had a better run during their return. A part of me really did want to see them as tag team champs one last time but unfortunately that never happened. They did however put a smile back on my face and it was nice seeing them back inside a WWE ring. Very recent the pair announced that they were once again parting ways with WWE and after a long career it was a bitter sweet moment. With everything they have done over the years it seems stupid not to put them in the twenty seventeen hall of fame. It feels like the perfect timing and with them being such an influential tag team and huge part of the WWE their induction would make a lot of fans very very happy indeed.

Balls Mahoney
Up next we have a personal favourite of mine. Now, I don't know how many you will agree that Balls Mahoney deserves a place in the Hall of Fame but as someone who grew up loving this superstar the late great talent in my eyes is more than worthy of his place in the WWE hall of fame. Writing this really has brought back a lot of memories and it still makes me sad to think he's dead. It's one of the things that just doesn't feel or seem real to me at all. He may not have had the most memorable career in the WWE and he may not have been one of the most popular but he had a strong, loyal fan base and made an impact on so many lives including mine. A talent that always grabbed my attention and stood out from the crowd he competed in matches I still go back and watch and was an important part of ECW. He worked both a singles career and a tag team career and was everything ECW stood for and was all about. Personally, I can't see the WWE inducted him this year but in an ideal world he's someone I would put in without a doubt!

"The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
And finally we have a man who I think we can all agree should have been inducted into the WWE
hall of fame a very very long time ago. In fact I honestly have no idea why on earth he hasn't been inducted already. Hands down one of the most iconic figures in WWE history, a man who paved the way for future talent and one of the most influential men in sports entertainment history. When I look back and I think about the superstars who have had the biggest impact in my life Davey boy is one of the first names that pops into my mind. He was one of the men that made me fall in love with professional wrestling, watching old tape of him as a kid he was one of the many men who made me realise that wrestling was one of the things I loved the most in the world. A captivating character with phenomenal in ring ability the British Bulldog was one of the most popular and influential men in pro wrestling and remains so to this day. A former World Tag Team Champion, European Champion, Intercontinental Champion, and Hardcore Champion the things Smith achieved in his career truly was amazing. He set the bar and paved the way for many superstars to follow. Apart of one of the most popular families in wrestling history and one of the most infamous tag teams it's crazy to think that in two thousand and sixteen we are discussing the fact he is not apart of the WWE Hall of Fame. I personally really did expect to see him inducted a year ago. I was confident he was going in the twenty sixteen hall of fame and I was so so disappointed not to see him go in! I'm seriously hoping that twenty seventeen will be his year as he more than deserves and more than earned his place in the WWE hall of fame as one of the most iconic figures in professional wrestling.

And that is my list! I had so much fun writing this blog post and I really hope you liked it ! As always I would love to know what you think so feel free to leave a comment bellow letting me know who you think should be inducted into the twenty seventeen hall of fame or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
Monday Night RAW Superstars who Should be on Smackdown LIVE
Best and Worse Hell in a Cell Moments 2016


Follow Me here:

Comments

Popular Posts