Elimination Chamber Predictions: Dean Ambrose VS Seth Rollins

WWE World 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all doing well and good! This Sunday the WWE will host a Network special as the Elimination Chamber returns with one monster of a card. We will see the first tag team chamber match, NXT Champion Kevin Owens will have he's first main roster match up, and Dean Ambrose will have one more shot at Seth Rollins and he's WWE World Heavyweight championship. With one busy show ahead I'm back with my predictions for the night, meaning I will spend the next six days taking a deeper look into each match on the card and making my bold predictions for the show. You will know that originally I was not going to be writing up any predictions or review and reactions posts for this pay per view but after thinking about it more and looking at the card I honestly could not resist. So here I am, back with another jam packed week! I hope you're ready! Before we get into today's blog post I will have the usual boring reminders for you. First of all, NXT month. As some of you will probably be aware by now, I have decided that July, here on my blog will see the return of NXT month. I did this last year around October and it went down really really well, so I decided to bring it back this Summer. If things go down as planned then the first post in the series will be up on the first of July. I would love to know what posts you would like to see throughout the month so feel free to leave your requests down in the comments section bellow. I will also be brining you some more updates and news surrounding my podcast within in the next month. I'm planing on actually kick starting the podcast around October/November, that's all the information I really have at the moment but there is more to come so keep an eye out. As usual, I will link bellow any recent blog post including my Payback and RAW Review and Reactions posts. and, finally, you can let me know who your favourite heel in the WWE is right now by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday live on the WWE network Seth Rollins will defend he's WWE World Heavyweight Championship against former partner and long term rival, Dean Ambrose. This will Dean's first ever one on one, pay per view, world championship match up and after having an amazing past month he is beaming with momentum, but will it be enough? Will he be able to beat the Authority and leave the Elimination chamber pay per view the next face of the WWE? Or will Rollins use Kane and J&J security to retain he's championship yet again? Well, in today's blog post I take you back to all the action from the Payback pay per view and everything that has happened since, and then finally going into my final big predictions. With so much to get through let's jump straight into things!

The month of May has been the month Dean Ambrose. Since defeating Luke Harper back at Extreme Rules things have only gone up for out favourite lunatic fringe. Surprising us all and jumping right into the main event picture, right where he belongs. I have been saying for what seems like forever that Ambrose is main event star. I have always been very vocal about my opinions of him and how much of a fan of he's I am. As someone who has watched him grow for so long, has seen him during he's CZW, Jon Moxley run and the amazing feud he had with William Regal back in FCW,  it feels great as a long term fan to finally see him get the attention he deserves. Now, the big push started when he defeated Rollins to earn a place in the Payback main event. On the night he had an outstanding, memorable performance and the match it self has been noted as one of the greatest of the year so far and I have to agree with that. I will admit that I was worried about where Ambrose would go next after loosing at Payback. There was nothing I wanted less than to see him go back down on the roster. We all know just how amazingly talented Ambrose is and so seeing him go back to the mid card section of the roster was not sitting well with me what so ever.Over the past month we have seen Ambrose seriously take the spotlight off of Roman Reigns, who has been receiving on heck of a push as he set to be the next big baby face in the WWE, but are there being some changes made? Could Dean Ambrose be our next big star. We have seen Reigns take a step back recently as Ambrose has continued to prove he is a consistently amazing superstar. He continues to be extremely entertaining and reliable with he's fan base growing more and more week by week. The crowd reactions he has been getting as of recent have been amazing as well as the reaction he has been getting online. If we look at were he was only a thew months back during Wrestlemania season and look at where he is now, it's such a huge transformation! Stuck in the mid card section with yet to pick up a pay per view win since going solo, things were not looking good for Dean at all. Meanwhile, Rollins and Reigns were competing at the highest level, with Reigns competing in the main event for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. As an Ambrose fan I was really not happy with what I was seeing and I was so so worried for him. With Reigns being centre of attention Ambrose really struggles to find something strong. However, fast forward to the start of May and everything had changed. It was now time for Dean Ambrose to take centre stage. He became the centre figure of weekly episodes of RAW, and it was only last week that we saw Ambrose force he's way into a championship match at Elimination Chamber. I did say earlier in the week that I was worried the match and feud was a little out of the blue and I wasn't sure if in the end he would loose all he's momentum and things would go backwards for him. However, things seem to really be looking up for him and with the role he is on right now and the faith the WWE are showing in Ambrose, everything is looking very promising. I think this weekend we will see the best in Ambrose. These two have been feuding since their early days in FCW so they do have so much history and they have the strongest chemistry going right now and that shows every time these guys share the same screen. What I'm hopeing is these two get a great deal of time to compete this Sunday. I really want a little flashback of what we got back in FCW. That means seeing more of Deans technicality because he really is an outstanding technical wrestle and I really want us to start seeing more of that.

As for Rollins, the past month has been very up and very down. He had a phenomenal showing back at the Payback pay per view and had a huge title retain. Since then he has had some good mic work moments but we haven't seen nearly enough time of him in the ring at all. I know I have moaned recently about how disappointed I have been with Rollins booking. I will insert in a minuet what I wrote in my previous pay per view prediction post but I do still feel as though we are still not getting that barbaric, ruthless, scheming Seth Rollins.The Rollins that put he's former best friends head through cinder blocks and broke the robs of Brock Lesnar. I think it's got to the point where everything with Rollins is becoming very predicable and I want to see less of J&J Security and more of just Seth Rollins. I think it's so so so important that Rollins walk away with a clean victory. He needs a solid, dominant, phenomenal performance he cannot win by any kind of assistance/help. It won't help him at all in looking like a strong champion at all. HERE IS WHAT I WROTE IN MY PAYBACK PREDICTION POST: Creative have really struggled to portray Seth as a dangerous force on the roster. They have done a good job in making him come cross as devious, arrogant, a little deluded, and slimy but not as though he is a champion to be feared. With the Authority at he's very side at everything he does, Rollins has been coming across as the cowardly heel. He has been made a joke of at the hands of the man who is suppose to be on he's side, and only this week the arena gave Rollins a nice big "Justin Bieber" chant. The WWE have always attempted and succeeded in making their champion look a little foolish and embarrass him every now and then but he has always responded strongly and bounced back well. Rollins however isn't getting that. This is the man who put out a top veteran in Randy Orton out of action for months, a man who curb stomped he's former partner's head into cinder blocks, and broke the ribs of Brock Lesnar. Since becoming champion we haven't seen that rough, barbaric, dangerous side of Seth and as champion it's something we need to start seeing more of. A couple of weeks back on RAW, he was pushed out of the opening segment, we first saw Orton take over then Reigns and then Kane. Later on in the night he was still unable to pick himself back up after another poor performance. Not only did he lose the match but after being speared by Roman Reigns he didn't even end the night on a high. As champion we have seen him get pinned way too often. He is coming across as a man who needs to hide behind the Authority. Even at Extreme rules it took a choke slam from Kane and a banned RKO for Rollins to pick up the win over Orton and he didn't even pin him to get the win and simply walked out of the cage to win. I personally was expecting a bigger win. Something that would of left Orton needing medical attention after and maybe a little attack on Kane to teach him a lesson. What we need to see at Extreme Rules is a champion to fear. A simple win is not going to be enough. We need that Seth Rollins who stabs you in the back the moment you show weakness or take him for a fool. Before becoming champion the WWE did such a good job in portraying Rollins as serious heel who could cause serious damage. We need to see that again this weekend.

I think we can all agree that the standards of this match are really high and we are all expecting a lot. These two have had some phenomenal match ups against one another throughout their career this one is bound to be another. I think this is an important match for both of these superstars. For Seth it's
about proving himself as a champion. Proving he doesn't need the Authority to help him keep hold of that title. For Ambrose, it's about keeping that momentum going. Proving himself yet again that he is a top, main event talent and that he deserves to be competing for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. I think it will be a very fast and the furious, back and fourth style match up, full of excitement and insane moves from both Rollins and Ambrose. I don't think the title will be changing hands at all. The timing isn't right and Seth is defiantly getting a longer title reign. If Ambrose has  a strong performance then he won't be in any trouble at all and I do think he will be the next Money in the bank winner so there is that to really look forward to as well. This possibly going to be the match of the night but it's a strong strong card so it's hard to call. Let me know what YOU think by leaving a comment down bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts