NXT Takeover Predictions Part two

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This up and coming week will see the next NXT live show and of course that means I will be here every day this week with my predictions for every match on the two hour card. You guys know just how much I love NXT and it's live show's so I'm so glad there is another one around the corner and I was delighted to hear that it would be becoming a monthly thing or at least a regular one. Unlike my pay per view predictions for the main roster, I might be writing and uploading two predictions in one post like I have done in the past but that doesn't seem to be a problem with any of you. I know that I have been bombarding you lately with Predictions posts with it being Payback prediction week last week and now NXT takeover but these posts do go down well and I do have some new stuff coming up very soon including a post all about Renee Young and why I think she will continue to make history in the business and a post all about why Sheamus should join the Authority. So bare with me, the prediction posts will be over soon, I promise. Anyway, in each prediction post this week I will be taking you through what has happened over the past thew months or since the last NXT live show, I will also be inserting what I wrote in the last NXT Takeover Review and reactions post, then finally I will have my actual predictions for the match I'm talking about. I will of course leave the links bellow at the end to any recent posts including my Payback Review and Reactions post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for NXT Takeover by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

This Wednesday live on the WWE Network at NXT Takeover, Kevin Owens will defend he's NXT Championship against former champion and face of NXT, Sami Zayn. After a twelve year build up this is Zayn's last chance at capturing the gold for a second time. It will also be Owens last time in proving that he is jut as good if not better than Sami. But who will come up on top? Who will leave Takeover the NXT champion? Only time will tell but in today's blog post I'm going to be making my full predictions for the match. I will also be taking a look back at their previous match against one another and taking a look at what both superstars have been up to over the past thew months. With so much to get through let's jump straight into the blog post.

Here is what happened when Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn went one on one at the last NXT live show. Content from NXT Takeover Rival, review and reactions post.
"Finally, it was time for the main event, witch saw Sami Zayn defend he's NXT Championship against Kevin Owens. The build up for this match was amazing and the expectations were really high, but they did once again, live up to the expectations. The match was slower paced than I expected but that was mainly because the match was Owens pace but I really liked that. The match had so much feeling to it, so much story and character and it felt extremely real and convincing. The fans were so passionate and everyone was glued to their screens. Owens dominated most of the match witch as a Zayn fan was pretty painful to watch. The action in this match was just none stop and as the commentators said, it reminded me a lot of the John Cena/ Brock Lesnar Summer Slam match, in the sense it was so one sided. Zayn got such little offence but when he did it was as usual a great performance. Towards the end of the match the referee declared that Zayn could no longer continue witch meant that the title would change hands making Owens the new NXT Champion. I thought the match was good, the ending made me feel a little cheated, but storyline wise it fitted so well and made so much sense. The only problem I had was that I do think Zayn's championship run should of been longer."

Since the last NXT Takeover show we have seen Sami Zayn take a little seat back on the NXT Roster. He was out of action for a while touring with the main roster witch even though did make me miss him it really enabled Kevin Owens to take the spotlight and it further pushed him as a top dominate heel, while at the same time Sami was able to go off and make he's stamp on the main roster. Going into he's match this week he is beaming with momentum, after having an outstanding match against Rhyno and then he had huge appearance at RAW when he opened John Cena's open challenge in he's home town for the United States championship. Having a phenomenal match there also he is going into this looking strong. But will he's recent shoulder injury come into play?

Kevin Owens on the other hand has been on a role since the last NXT Takeover show and he has continued to be the most dominate force on the roster. The main focus has been he's feud with Alex Riley. Now, I have had very mixed feelings on this whole thing. A huge part of me what really worried for Alex Riley. Even though he says and does some pretty stupid stuff I have been a supporter (not fan) of Alex Riley and I've always wanted him to go down the right path.  Over the past year or so that right path has been clearly highlighted as a career in commentary. I honestly cannot fault Riley as a commentator. I have spoken about it on my blog before and I have made several comments on how I believe that he could of become one of the best heel commentators in quite sometime. So at the beginning I was not happy at all with the decision to have Riley go down this road of "quitting commentary" to get back in the ring and take on Owens. However, I loved the storyline. It had all the qualities to be a top feud if done right and with it being NXT I had really high standards and to be honest it did not disappoint what so ever. It was such a clever way to make Owens look really strong and also bring something new. It really worked and I seriously have been enjoying the storyline. Owens gained so much momentum from this feud, picking up two victories over Riley. He's also competed in an outstanding match against Finn Balor for the NXT Championship and had a huge successful title defence. He's had some great backstage interviews, segments/promos and commentary work.

I, alongside everyone else, have really high expectations of this match. The chemistry between these two superstars is so so strong and they both know how to tell a great story in any match, especially against one another. They have so much history together that the moment they are in sharing the screen together they grip you so strongly. The match has that important, life depending on it feel and that's something that we hardly see now days in the WWE. This will definitely be one of if not the longest match of the night. I think it will be far less one sided than their previous match and we will see far more action from Zayn. I think Zayn will dominate the match very early one but the champ will be the one who uses he's strength advantage to that to control the pace of the match. The crowd will defiantly be all for Zayn but there is not a chance in hell the title is changing hands this week at all. I think it will be a match in the running for match of the year and they will tell one heck of a story throughout but it makes more sense for Owens to retain. It would be completely pointless for Zayn to recapture the title.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sasha Banks VS Becky Lynch

Before we get into the final prediction post of the week let's take look back at what happened at the
last NXT Takeover show between Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks, in my Review and Reactions posts from the show.
"We then had the NXT Women's match witch saw Charlotte defend the title in a fatal four way against Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch. I know I say this about every NXT live show divas match, but this was honestly the best divas match I have ever ever seen. I don't even know where to start. They all had such an amazing performance. A lot of the time with fatal four way matches, there is always one or two people who it feels like they shouldn't be there. That they don't have a place and do really do much, this was not the case in this match. Every single one of these divas deserved to be their and all of them performed outstandingly. It's almost impossible to choose a stand out but if I had to choose one it would have to be Bayley but they all did so well. Bayley just took it to another level. She did stuff in the ring last night I had no idea she was capable of doing and she really did out do herself. The weakest of the match has to be Lynch. She did have a great performance but out of everyone she was the weakest and that was clear. What I loved the most about this match was the length. These girls gout almost thirty minuets in the ring and honestly I couldn't be more happy. I'm always talking about the divas getting more time and NXT just give them that. The fact they got such a long match means that they got to show so much and what frustrates me so much is that NXT only got two hours last night but they manage go give the girls close to half an hour in the ring, yet RAW is a three hour show and the divas struggle to get ten minuets a week. The divas on the main roster are capable of performing to this level but they don't get the time to stand out. Last night these girls raised the bar and proved that women can do just as much as men. I was expecting Bayley to walk away as the new champ but it was beyond happy to see Banks crowned the new champ, She was the one I was personally rooting for and she more than deserved the win. We saw her use Becky at the start of the match and it was great seeing the tensions between the two rise and see her eventually pin Charlotte to become the new NXT Women's champion. It was also great seeing Charlotte and Banks have their little moment at the end of the match. It was also so nice seeing how much respect the divas get down in NXT from the fans and live crowds, their storyline's are so well written and NXT
proves people want to see divas wrestling matches."

At every single NXT takeover special the divas put on an outstanding match. There is yet to be one contest that does not go down well with the fans and if I'm being honest, I don't think we will ever see that day. The girls down in NXT Perform on a level that no women in the business are performing at right now. I never have a bad word to say about the female talent down in NXT because there simply is no reason to have anything bad to say. This week will be very interesting as Becky Lynch goes one on one with Sasha Banks for the NXT Women's championship. We all know far too well just how good Sasha is. I would go as far as to say she is the best in ring performer in the WWE divas division as a whole. Over the past year we have seen her grow so much both in the ring and as a character and she has more than earned the right to be named the best of the best. Becky Lynch however is still out to really prove herself in NXT. She has had some great matches and all round performances including at the last NXT live show and the triple threat match where she earned her title shot. Plus she has managed to squeeze in some solid one on one matches on the way also. But she still has a lot to prove and show if she wants to rank up their with the likes of Charlotte, Banks, and Bayley. This match will be her turning point match. I honestly think that she is going to be the one we are all left talking about
come the end of the night. The girls always get a long time in the ring at live events and so she has a lot of time to show what she can do. Plus being in the ring Sasha will force her to show us stuff we haven't seen from her yet. I do think she is going to leave us very very surprised. There is no doubt that there will be some good story telling between these two considering their history. I think Lynch will have a great performance but in the end it will be Banks who retains. I have said it quite a thew times but I do think the title will change hands in a couple of months time and it will be Bayley to takes the championship off of her. I do think this will be a great match and Lynch has bags of momentum heading into the biggest match of her career so far.

Comments

Popular Posts