Payback Predictions: Ryback VS Bray Wyatt

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are doing very well! This Sunday the WWE will present the two thousand and fifteen Payback pay per view after just three weeks from Extreme Rules. The card has been set, the matches have been made official, and it's time for me to start my Payback prediction week. I know, it feels like only yesterday that my predictions ended. With it being Extreme Rules not that long ago it feels like it's prediction season forever; but I do like writing these posts at times and you guys do like reading them so I hope your not fussed at the fact there is another week and a half of predictions left. I say a week and a half because next week we have another NXT takeover live show witch means I will be uploading my NXT Takeover predictions this weekend also. But for now let's just keep our minds on Payback. If you are new to my blog then you may not know what prediction week is about. To be honest it's pretty self explanatory. From Monday to Saturday I will be uploading my predictions for every match on the Payback card. I will be talking a look at the action of the past couple of weeks, inserting what I wrote about the previous action between the two superstars at the past live show from my review and reactions post of that pay per view, then finally making my bold predictions for this Sunday's match, being spoken about in the blog post. I do this every month for every pay per view and they seem to go down pretty well. Prediction week does mean that I'm very busy with posts and so there are no Smackdown, NXT, Superstars, and Main event review and reactions and there is also no top five superstars of the week either. As usual I will be live tweeting throughout the show this Sunday using the hash tag "Payback" on twitter. Because I have such a busy month this month t does mean I will not be doing a dedicated month until June just because there would be no time to upload them all. Do please however let me know what you would like to see June dedicated to before the end of this month.  I will link bellow any recent posts including my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for this Sunday's pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

This Sunday, after moths of torment, Ryback will finally get the chance to get he's hands on the self proclaimed "new face of fear" Bray Wyatt. But with not the strongest of build up's and a weak popularity with the fans, how will this match go down? Will it be the dark horse of the night or will it turn out to be the weakest of the night? Who will come up on top? Will it be the big guy or the face of fear? In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you through what both superstars have been up to over the past couple of months, talking about what is best for them both for the rest of the year and then finally getting into my full, bold predictions for the match. With so much to get through let's jump straight into things and get started with the blog post.

Now, neither of these two superstars competed at the last pay per view witch of course was Extreme Rules, so there's nothing to insert there. But if we go back to Wrestlemania, it was a huge night for Bray Wyatt as he took on he's toughest challenge yet when he squared off with the original face of fear, The Undertaker. I will admit, I had high expectations of this match but for me it didn't live up to those expectations and I was a little disappointed. It was strong match, don't get me wrong, but I think I was just expecting so much more. In my opinion this had to be some kind of turning point for Bray. It had to be the night where he was made a true star in the WWE and for me it didn't have that feel to it. Since Mania we haven't see Bray hardly wrestle at all on TV. To be honest I can't actually remember the last time I watched he compete on RAW. But I actually think that was the right move to make and to be honest I think they should of kept him off of TV for a while until something stronger came up or simply have him gain momentum from mini matches here and there against bigger names on the roster. There are many times when they could of put him in the ring with the likes of Roman Reigns and Randy Orton but we never saw that. Saying that however, I completely understand why they have got him feuding with Ryback at the moment. A quick little feud with the big guy will allow Bray to gain some easy momentum and get back on track in time for the Money in the bank ladder match witch he is likely to compete in. However, after loosing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania and then missing Extreme Rules he's gonna need more than a mid card feeling feud that doesn't connect with the WWE universe. There's no doubt that over the past two years Bray has been one of the most interesting, captivating and interesting characters in all of the WWE and much of that has come from he's work as part of the Wyatt family faction. So is reuniting the Wyatt family best for Bray? Last Thursday on Smackdown we saw a very interesting moment between former Wyatt family members, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, after Rowan attacked Fandango after Harper had a match with the dancing superstar, hinting a reunion between the two, but there was no involvement with Bray on the night. I mentioned in my Smackdown Review and Reactions that I doubted they would all come back together but after looking into it more I actually think brining back the Wyatt family stable might be the best option for all three superstars. I still think the timing was all wrong with splitting these guys up. There was still so much to do with them and if they had done it all at the right time then they could of done some interesting stuff between them. Putting them back together may be difficult to make sense of but there's almost no option. Since splitting Bray has struggled to have some kind of strong direction as a huge character. After loosing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania Bray should of been put much higher on the roster. After all he did have a pretty strong match against one of the all time greats. Since arriving on the main roster, he has proven that he is main event material. A mid card feud against Ryback is not what he should be getting at all. 

Talking of Ryback, he has a huge up and down year. You guy's all know how much I hated he's tag team work with Curtis Axel and after he was out of action for several months he was thrown right into the spotlight when he returned I have to admit I was pretty surprised. I was honestly not expecting him to return and come into the main event picture at all. He did a great job when he was feuding with CM Punk a thew years back and he has proven that he's image and wrestling ability is enough for him to be main eventing weekly shows and pay per views. However, when you look at the top stars right now, main eventing they have huge personalities/characters. Guys like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Orton. Even Wyatt who should be main eventing, he has that captivating character that makes him a top star. Ryback doesn't have that. He's hasn't got the level of charisma and the strong character that makes him fit into the top spot picture. And I think it's that that's kept him back. Over the years I've been all over the place with how I feel about Ryback. I wasn't the biggest fan of him at the start but as he's career went on I found myself becoming more and more team Ryback and when he told he's story on an episode of RAW it was then that I fully became a Ryback fan. It was then that we were able to connect with him on a personal level and were able to understand him more. It's clear that this feud is not about Ryback. It's doing nothing for him at all and it's pretty obvious that this feud is all about Bray gaining some much needed momentum and getting back on track. I just think it sucks that they have to use Ryback of all people to put Bray over and put him back on track again. 

I'm not into this feud at all and I have made that beyond clear over the past month. It's just got nothing in it for me. It's not entertained me, I don't like the pairing and I think all round it's doing nothing strong for either superstar. For Bray it's a big step down from taking on guys like The Undertaker and John Cena and for Ryback who only a thew months back was main eventing episodes of RAW and even main events, it's not looking good. The build up hasn't been all that strong and has been dominated by Bray. I will admit that I have more interest in it now then I did at the start just
because we have heard more from Ryback and the promos from Bray have been strong as usual, but all round this is looking to be the weakest match on the card and the one I'm least looking forward to. However, these guys could easily turn things around and have it work in their favour. If they are given enough time they could put on a decent match but it's going to be far from match of the night. I'm predicting a dominate performance from Bray and if I'm honest I can't see Ryback winning this one at all. This is all about Bray gaining back some much needed momentum and getting back on track. But that doesn't stop Ryback from having a strong performance also and leave everyone talking about him.. A clean win is what is most needed for him however I think it's a huge possibility that this could all end in DQ if they decided to put the Wyatt family back together. I can see them defiantly coming out either during the match and attacking Ryback or attacking him after, making some kind of reunion, witch I wouldn't really mind. This type of ending however would probably leave the feud between these two going on for a little longer but with Money in the bank around the corner this could be the start of a huge year for Harper, Rowan and Bray. 

So, that's what I think but what are you opinions? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts