RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. So it's the night after the Payback pay per view and after what was an outstanding show last night the fallout is set to be a good one, and in today's blog post I will be bringing you my RAW Predictions, breaking down everything that happened last night and how all of that contributes to what may happen tonight live on RAW. I will be answering questions such as; Will Paige be making her return to action tonight? Will there be any more news and updates on the Elimination Chamber pay per view? and what's next in store last night's main event stars? But before we get into things, as usual there are some brief reminders for you. I will start to upload my NXT Prediction tomorrow. They will be going up for three days and I will then be posting my prediction and support pictures on Wednesday and I will of course be live tweeting throughout takeover. The NXT Takeover Review and Reactions post will be uploaded the following day so on Thursday Morning. Reminders of the blog being uploaded will be on twitter as usual every three to four hours. July will be NXT month on my blog as I mentioned last week so do let me know in the comments or on twitter what posts you would like to see go up in the series and I will be brining you more information next month on the start of my pod cast. I will link bellow any recent posts including my Payback prediction post. Finally,you can let me know what you thought of last nights show and your predictions for RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last night the WWE put on an outstanding pay per view, one that I have next to nothing bad to say about what so ever, and after a terrible Extreme Rules it felt like such a relief to get a pay per view I felt like was worth my money and more. Every single match was on point and even the ones I wasn't looking all that forward too came out strong. There was good story development throughout the night and the show in general was just at such a high standard. With all that being said it means that the standard for tonight's show is higher than ever and the WWE are under a lot of pressure to keep the momentum and the good shows going. Can they do it? Yeah, I'm going to stay positive and hope that things do stay at a high. In tonight's show we may get a return from the Anti diva, an NXT appearance is also a possibility  as the WWE may want to promote NXT Takeover one last time before Wednesday and the tensions between Kane and Seth Rollins will take an interesting turn. With so much to get through let's jump into things.

 I'm going to start with divas action again this week. I think last night the WWE were under a lot of pressure to deliver a good divas match, with it being NXT Takeover this week. I said before but it does make me mad that the pay per view shows are around three hours yet we only get one short divas match but NXT takeover is only two hours but this week we are set to have two outstanding divas matches. Last night, the girls didn't have that much time but they had more than what they usually get and as a result they actually had a pretty good match and one that I did actually end up enjoying. The match saw the Bella's work as full on baby faces and Brie did spend most of the time in the ring. The match itself was dominated by Tamina and Naomi and in the end Naomi was able to once again pin the divas champion. I did really like the ending of this match. I felt like it was well booked throughout, despite the fact I would of liked to have seen Nikki in action more, the closing moments where done really well and Naomi and Tamina had a great showing last night, working perfectly together. On tonight's show there are a variety of things that could go down. Because Naomi pinned the divas champion it does put her in line for another title shot and to be honest I personally would really like to see that happen tonight. We don't get championship matches very often on RAW now days unless it's a John Cena open challenge so it would be nice to get a divas championship match tonight. If we do get a one on one between Nikki and Naomi it's possible Paige could return half way through the match, costing Naomi her chance at becoming champion. Paige did return to action last week during a live show so it's very likely she will make her TV return tonight. It will be interesting to see where she fits into the Bella VS Naomi and Tamina storyline. Maybe they could have an angle of Brie getting injured last night and Nikki needing a tag team partner tonight, I don't know but I am expecting her return tonight.

The tag division were on fire last night. The kick off show match between The Ascension and Damien Sandow and Curtis Axel wasn't the best of matches but it was entertaining enough and it did get me ready and excited for the actual Payback show. I also thought there was some good booking decisions made throughout the match. On the main show the New day and Cesaro and Tyson Kidd were stand outs and had one of my favourite matches of the night. I would of liked it to have been a bit longer but I seriously enjoyed this and I have nothing bad to say about it. Even the ending went down well with me. I felt like the way the New day picked up the win was so clever and it proved yet again why they are the strongest heels in the WWE right now. Despite loosing the match, Cesaro and Kidd had yet another outstanding performance and Cesaro was just a top stand out of the entire night in my eyes, as was Big E. Later on in the night during an interview with New Day, Byron Saxton announced that in two weeks time at Elimination chamber, for the first time ever there will be a tag team Elimination Chamber match for the titles. Now, I'm really looking forward to this and I'm very interested in it, however, I have no idea how it's going to work so the WWE will be making things a bit clearer tonight and the teams that will be competing should be made clear. I think if the Ascension are going to be in the match they will be top stand outs of the night and it will be time that they prove why I have been hyping them up for so long. What will we see starting tonight all the way up to the Elimination chamber is strong use of the tag division. We will see all the major teams really shine and pick up momentum. Teams to look out for will be Titus O'Neil and Darren Young, The Ascension, Tyson Kidd and Cesaro and of course the New Day. I really like this idea and I think its's such a good way of keeping the momentum in the tag team division going and I'm really looking forward to seeing what is around the corner next.

Last night was also a good night for me and my fellow Sheamus fans as he picked up a huge win over Dolph Ziggler. I did really enjoy this match but once again I would of loved it if it was a tad bit longer. Sheamus however, did get exactly what he needed. He brought so much character to this match. He was barbaric, dominate and took full control of this match. I think what they do with both these superstars next will be very interesting. In two weeks time at Elimination Chamber, we will see six superstars compete for the IC championship and it's likely both these superstars will be in the match. Even though Sheamus has never held this particular championship and he would bring a lot to it I do think he needs something stronger and he needs to start entering the main event picture. I have mentioned several times before how I think he should start working for and alongside the Authority. It's possible he could instead be put in a feud with John Cena witch I wouldn't mind but I don't know if I want him to chase the United States Championship. Other superstars we could see him kick start a feud with include Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton. As for Ziggler, I think it would be a good idea to have him take the week off, just so that it can further push Sheamus as a dominate heel and prove that he is one of the most dangerous superstars on the roster. There's no doubt that he will be in the IC championship match at Elimination chamber.

It's going to be interesting to see who is next to take on Cena for the United States championship. After retaining last night against Rusev it means Cena needs something new and I really don't just want to see open challenges week after week. I want a strong feud and storyline for the title. Something I can really get into and will give the actual championship some attention. As I mentioned earlier, Sheamus is a big possibility, but I don't feel as though he is the right person to chase after the championship. Barrett is another possibility. He needs to get into a strong new, fresh feud and taking on Cena will put him in the spotlight big time and it after all it would be nice for him to chase after a title that he's never held before. The two have a huge history together and have had some great matches over the years so I wouldn't complain with that. Another superstar is Roman Reigns. I do think Reigns needs to take another little break from the WWE World Heavyweight championship picture. There's no real place for him at the moment so maybe challenging Cena for the United States championship could get him on the right track and allow him to showcase more. As for Rusev. despite loosing he's match last night, he has nothing to be ashamed of. He dominated the match and was the true stand out of the match and of the night. He loss didn't make him look week and it's going to be interesting to see what they have him do next. I think we will see the WWE focus on the growing tensions between him and Lana. The two could possibly split tonight or we will just see more grow between them.

Finally, the main event. The main event last night was just outstanding. I have nothing bad to say about it what so ever. There was some great story development and as a forever Shield fan I was the happiest person in the world last night throughout this match. I personally don't think that there is a reason to keep Reigns or Orton in the title picture. I think it's time to work more on the Rollins/Kane feud. I really want to see these two go at it in a full on feud and I think it's time that the WWE started focusing on that and its possible, after last nights actions, that they do decide to go down that root now. I'd really like to see Randy Orton go for the IC title. I do want to do a blog post talking about why I want bigger superstars holding the Intercontinental championship to let me know if that is something you would want to see. It would be pretty cool to see Roman go down the same root, chasing after the IC or US championship or maybe feud with Sheamus. If Sheamus does join the Authority tonight or any time soon a feud between him and any of the baby face superstars in the main event last night would really work. I still think that Ambrose will be this years Money in the bank winner but I would still like to see the two feud in the build up to Money in the bank. I think we will really start to see the Authority use Sheamus to punish a lot of superstars on the roster.

So, that's what I think, let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Payback Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts