Top 5 Superstars of the week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all doing well. It's the end of yet another witch means its time to go back on all the action of the past seven days and give you my top five superstars of the week list. This has been an amazing week in the WWE. We was treated to an outstanding RAW, one witch was quite possibly the best RAW of the year so far. It was everything you could of wanted in a show and everything that the WWE universe ask for for every Monday night RAW. It was followed by a pretty good Smackdown on Thursday also. So all round it's been a really really strong week, making it pretty difficult to create this weeks top five list but I think I have managed to get a list I'm happy with. Before we get into today's blog post I have a thew little reminders and some information for you. Next week will be the start of my Payback prediction week meaning that I will be uploading my predictions for the Payback pay per view from Monday all the way through to Saturday. Then on Sunday I will be live tweeting throughout the show and I will also start to upload my NXT Takeover predictions and they will be going up until Tuesday then I'll be live tweeting also, throughout that show. So it's a big week of predictions next week. I've also decided to have NXT month back on my blog. It will be either in June or July but I haven't decided yet. As soon as I know I will let you guys all know. Another thing I'm going to start doing is adding a couple of TNA stand outs to this post and if it goes down well I might start doing top five TNA stars but that will be going up every two weeks. As usual I will link bellow any recent posts so you can stay all up to date on everything, including this weeks review and reactions posts. Finally, you can let me know who your superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

5) Tyler Breeze
Kicking off this weeks top five superstars of the week is one of my all time favourite NXT stars, Tyler Breeze. I've always made it clear that Breeze is one of my favourites not only in NXT but the WWE as a whole. I think he is the full package and is one hundred per cent the love child of John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler. Every time he is in the ring he proves he is one of the best of the best and proves why he deserves to be pushed as a top talent. And I'm so glad the WWE do actually see that in him and are using him right. This week we saw him go one on one yet again with long time rival Hideo Itami. I wrote a lot about this match in my NXT Review and reactions post witch will be linked bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. I mentioned in that post that I could watch these guys wrestle one another all day and usually I would moan about two superstars competing against each other on so many different separate occasions but because every single match between these two is so so strong and so entertaining it honestly does not bother me what so ever and I have no reason to complain. This week Breeze had another solid performance and brought so much personality to the match.  He may not have one the match but it's actions after that stood out. Not only did he super kick Finn Balor but hit the beauty shot on Hideo, leaving himself as the last man standing. He had a strong reaction from the crowd and it didn't matter if they were for or against him, they had something to say about him and it's that that matters. He had a good night and I think he has even better weeks to come this month.

4) The New Day
The New day are up next and in at number four. I have mentioned quite a bit over the past couple of weeks or so how much of a new day fan I am and I have to be honest it is not easy being a fan of there's considering the reaction they get from a good chunk of the WWE universe. But even if your not a fan of them or the decision to make them the WWE Tag team champions, you cannot deny that they are improving week after week after week. They are working better and better as a team. Their promos and segments are more than entertaining and I'm just enjoying so much of their work. I honestly do believe these guys are the biggest heels in the WWE right now. The crowd genuinely dislike them and they are getting under the skin of everyone in all the right ways and I love it. There that team you love to hate at the start but then just end up loving them. This week on RAW they were booked really really well. We saw them right at the start of the show when they interrupted the opening segment between Randy Orton and Roman Reigns. The guys cut a promo on the top talents that actually did really make laugh out loud, witch hardly ever happens lately. The whole thing resorted in a three on handicap match and I could not have been happier that they were actually being put on a strong match and were being used to the best. I'm always saying that I would like to see the tag teams used more and play a more important role and that's exactly what we got this week. They worked perfectly together and they may have had a rough start but they worked so well together and I was so glad to see them pick up the win witch was a nice little surprise and one that helped them a lot. Then on Smackdown they scored yet another big win in six man tag team action adding to their momentum.

3) Sami Zayn
At number three this week is a superstar we can all agree has had a great week, Sami Zayn. This week in my RAW predictions I mentioned that Sami Zayn was at RAW backstage but after hearing this multiple times before I was not getting my hopes up at all and I really did just believe it was more likely he would just be backstage watching the show and taking stuff in. Oh how wrong I was. Throughout the entire show the crowd made it clear they wanted their home town boy out their performing, with "ole" chants echoing the arena throughout the show and with such a vocal crowd there was no ignoring what they were chanting at all. Eventually, the time would come for John Cena's United States open challenge and by this point I knew I was getting my hopes up too much and when Bret Harts theme hit I may have marked out just a little. Bret would come to the ring and say that he was there to introduce someone. That someone was one of the greatest Wrestlers in WWE today. A top star down in NXT and a home town boy. That man was Sami Zayn. The reaction he got from the live crowd was just insane! You could feel the energy and excitement just by sitting there and watching it on your TV screen. The match itself was one of my favourites of not just the night or the month but the year so far. Zayn took control of the entire match and it was clear that that match and that night was all about the former NXT champion. The commentary team could not have  spoken any more highly than they did. The reaction he got online was just as strong as what he got in the arena and even though the match was not the longest in the world (long enough) he was able o showcase all of what he is made of and gave us all he's best moves he has. He brought something new and exciting to the show and it very quickly became the Sami Zayn show. Not many can say they had their first major match on the main roster against Fifteen time champion and face of the WWE, John Cena for the United States championship. And was introduced to the rig by Bret Hart in their home town. He also had a great interview with Michael Cole on this weeks NXT.

2) Seth Rollins 
In at number two and just missing out on the number one spot is the WWE World heavyweight champion, Seth Rollins. It feels really good to be able to have Rollins back in the list at a high entry. I remember a time where he was number one pretty much every single week and I will admit I found it really hard to choose what number to put him at this week. It was clearly between number one and number two but after going over my notes of the week it was clear that the number two spot was right for him, but it was difficult to decide. I have speaking a lot lately about Rollins brining back he's darker side. I've been craving the Rollins we are used to getting like crazy recently. The Rollins that put he's former partner's head through cinder blocks. The Rollins that broke the ribs of Brock Lesnar and was my superstar of the year. Not the one that hides behind the Authority and gets walked over in segments by various superstars. This week we got the original Rollins back. On RAW he was in multiple segments backstage and even though he was being the wimpy Seth I dislike it all worked together really well throughout the show as a whole. He had the match of the night when he took on Dean Ambrose in a Smackdown rematch. I cannot praise this match any more than I already have over the past week. Rollins stood out in the match for all the reasons he stands out all the time. He's performance was outstanding and despite not getting the win he brought the excitement and proved why he deserves to be the WWE World heavyweight champion. Later on in the night he played Reigns and Orton and the WWE universe right into he's hands and half way through their match gave them a good old beat down alongside Kane and J&J Security. Then Thursday on Smackdown he during the contract signing he proved why he was the champion again and why he deserves to be, when despite acting like the wimpy Seth I hate he was left the last man standing in the night looking the best out of all he's Payback opponents.  Another good week for Rollins and with Payback around the corner I don't think it will be long until he is back at number one.

1) Dean Ambrose 
And finally, this weeks number one spot and my superstar of the week is our favourite lunatic fringe, Dean Ambrose. I know, it's been a very long time since Dean Ambrose was my superstar of the weeks so trust me, I'm really  really delighted that he get's to come into the list. Since the Extreme Rules pay per view the booking for Ambrose has been so so strong and this week things have only got better for him. Way way way better. Last week on Smackdown we saw Ambrose go one on one with former shield partner and world champion, Seth Rollins and after the match saw various outside interferences Kane ordered a rematch between the two during the RAW show this week. Now this news in itself made me want to jump with joy but before the  bell was rang, Kane made another appearance had yet another huge announcement. He made it perfectly clear that if Rollins lost this match than Dean Ambrose would go on to compete in the Payback main event alongside Rollins, Randy Orton and Roman Reigns, making the WWE World Heavyweight championship match a fatal four way instead of a triple. This announcement left me in a very serious mood and I did not take my eyes off of the TV. You have no idea how delighted I was that Ambrose was finally, after struggling to get on he's feet and in the right path, getting the push he deserved and what one heck of a push it was. I will admit, despite being the biggest Dean Ambrose fan I was not expecting him to walk out of this match the winner at all. I knew they would have a strong match but I wasn't expecting him to walk away with the victory because of what the win would of meant and because of the build up to
the Payback main event I just didn't feel he would win this at all. The match itself was absolutely outstanding, and is hands down another to add to the list of the many great matches they have already had in the past. Ambrose had such a dominate performance and he kept the crowd going throughout the entire match. The closing moments were very entertaining to say the least and it did all happy very quickly but in the end our favourite lunatic fringe walked a way with a victory over the WWE World heavyweight champion meaning that he will be competing in the Payback main event. Later on in the night when all hell broke loose between Reigns, Orton, and Rollins. Ambrose would soon make an appearer and after hitting the dirty deeds on Orton he was left the last man standing closing the show to a strong reaction from the crowd. On Smackdown Dean kept us all entertained in the contract signing despite not ending the night on the highest not. This past week could not have been any better for Ambrose and I'm so so happy for him. He is finally get back on track and getting that push we have all been waiting for him to get. Things are set to really really good for Ambrose in the next thew months.

Smackdown Review And Reactions
NXT Review and Reactions
RAW Review and Reactions


Comments

Popular Posts