Top 5 Superstars of the week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all very well! I'm back today with my first top five superstars of the week in May. I honestly cannot believe just how quickly April went by. It feels like only a week ago I was sitting here writing my first list for April, the months seem to be flying by way to quickly. Anyway, you may remember me saying last month that I was going to be writing my content and there I would start writing up my TNA Review and Reactions posts but at the start of the month I was very ill, then I had family come and visit, and then after that I started having problems with my anxiety and so things did not go as planned. However, I can promise you that May will be exactly what I promised for April and I'm defiantly in the work mode this month. Now, May is going to be a busy month. We have an NXT live show and Payback in only a couple of weeks so there will be a lot of prediction posts coming you way. Because it is so busy it does mean I will not be doing a dedicated month until June just because there would be no time to upload them all. Do please however let me know what you would like to see June dedicated to before the end of this month. I will link bellow any recent posts including my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month. Finally, you can let me know who your superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

5) Dolph Ziggler 
Kicking off my first top five superstars of the week in May, we have Dolph Ziggler. April was a really great month for Dolph Ziggler and he ended it on a nice big high. For the past four weeks or so we have seen Ziggler feud with a returning Sheamus and I have to be honest, this is by far one of if not my favourite feud right now on the main roster. I've been loving all the decisions made for this feud and Ziggler has been doing a great job, including scoring a win almost a week ago at Extreme Rules against Sheamus. This week he continued to have a great week. On RAW he had an awesome match against Bad News Barrett, the first match in the King of the Ring tournament. Ziggler had a great showing and all round performance but the closing moments saw Sheamus come out to distract Ziggler costing him the match and the chance to become the two thousand and fifteen king of the ring winner. Later on in the night however, Ziggler would make another appearance when he attacked Sheamus during he's first round match. However, the attack during the match meant it ended in DQ and Sheamus then advanced to the next round. The following night, Dolph did get he's actual payback when he cost Sheamus the second round match and then attacked him after the match. This week the feud between two of my favourite superstars has continued and I have been loving the work between the two. Ziggler's great match on RAW and continuous attacks on Sheamus means he comes in at number five this week.

4) Adrian Neville
Up next, is another favourite of mine and a man that is no stranger to my top five and fifteen posts, Adrian Neville. Yet again this has been a great week for Neville and another that has seen him climb he's way to the top. Before I get into what he has done this week I just want to remind you that Neville was my superstar of the month last month the link to that post will be bellow so you can go and check that out if you want after this. Right, back to this week, and we first saw Neville on RAW when he took on Luke Harper in the first round of the King Of the Ring tournament. This was by far one of my favourite matches of the week and was even out in my top twenty matches of April post, witch will also be linked bellow. The match saw Neville take serious control and dominate a good chunk of the action. He brought the excitement, the energy and the fast past action to it all and made sure that everyone had their eyes on him and everything he was doing. I honestly did really really enjoy this match and I cannot sit hear and say anything more positive about it. The end saw Neville pick up a nice, big , clean win against the much larger Luke Harper. The following night in the King of the ring special show, Neville first took on Sheamus in another great match witch saw him get the win over the former world champion meaning he advanced to the final round, where he would take on Bad News Barrett. I'll be honest I was expecting Neville to win this and be crowned the King of the ring winner so I was very disappointed when he didn't. But he has nothing to be ashamed of as he had yet another great match. Three strong one on ones in one week is more than enough to put Neville at number four this week.

3) Dean Ambrose
Dean Ambrose is up next, in at number three. Let's be honest its been a while since we have seen Ambrose in my top five superstars of the week posts and so I'm so glad that I can finally out him back in the list. Since Extreme Rules Ambrose has been on fire and he's finally been getting the booking he deserves. He's match against Harper at Extreme Rules was a strong one but the main thing we all took from it was the fact that it was Ambrose's first pay per view win since the split of the Shield, so there was something to celebrate their for the Ambrose fans, witch was nice. The following night on RAW, Ambrose participated in the first round of the King of the ring tournament where he went one on one with Sheamus. Its no secret that Dean was my favourite going into the king of the ring tournament. I would of loved to have seen him crowned the king of the ring but hey, we can't always have what we want, right? Anyway, I had high expectations for the match up between these two and they did not disappoint what so ever and the match was even put in my top twenty of April. Ambrose had a great showing throughout but in the end due to an interference from Dolph Ziggler the match ended in DQ and Sheamus got the win. On Smackdown things went up a notch when Dean was booked in a huge match. A one on one with the WWE World Heavyweight champion and former Shield brother, Seth Rollins. I was so glad Dean was finally getting a strong booking and a nice big main event, it's a shame he didn't get it on RAW. The match was another great one and once again they did not disappoint what so ever. Dean was strong throughout this match and was the stand out of the two despite not walking away with the win, witch was pretty obvious anyway. It's been a great week for Ambrose and I can only hope it's about to get better.

2) Bad News Barrett
In at number two and just missing out on the top spot in this weeks top five superstars of the week is Bad News Barrett. I promise I haven't just took a bunch of my favourites and put them in this weeks list because my favourites. Once again, April as a whole was a really great month for Barrett and he was featured in my top fifteen superstars of the month post witch went up earlier this week. He had a great match against Neville on the Extreme Rules kick off show witch I loved and I did actually have in my top twenty matches of April. The following night on RAW Barrett's great run continued when he had a stand out one on one match against Dolph Ziggler in the first round and first match in the king of the ring tournament. Yet again, another match I loved and in the end Barrett was able to walk away with the win, advancing to the second round, thanks to Sheamus. Then on Tuesday, at the King of the ring special show, Barrett first went one on one with R-truth in a very basic match but still counts as a win. This meant he would be competing in the final round of the tournament and he's opponent would be Adrian Neville. I honestly could not have been more proud of my British boys. They really are doing England proud and representing their country well.  The match was yet again another great one and one that I really really enjoyed watching from start to finish. Barrett had such a good showing and to top it he managed to pin Neville making him the two thousand and fifteen king of the ring winner, putting him at number two this week.

1) Roman Reigns
Finally, at number one, and this weeks superstar of the week is Roman Reigns. I told you this was not just a list of me putting my favourites in. The past month has been very up and down for Roman but the last couple of weeks have seen him pull it all together and finish April on a high. He had a huge win over the Big Show in what was surprisingly a very good match. Then the following night on
RAW he put himself in the championship picture when he joined the opening Segment. He was straight away put in the main event match of the night, teaming with Orton to take on Seth Rollins and Kane. Once again I was not expecting to like this match what so ever or half as much as I did. I was really into this match and and enjoyed it far too much. I was very surprised to see just how involved Reigns was in the match. He was actually in action more than Orton was and he had a seriously dominate performance throughout. At the end of the night it was announced that Roman
would take on Seth Rollins alongside Randy Orton at Payback for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. He closed the night by attacking Rollins, sending a huge message to the authority, the champ, and the WWE universe. On Smackdown he actually cut a pretty good segment and then got a count out win over Kane. The match surprisingly not that bad and Reigns had yet another dominate, stand out performance. He closed the show by helping out Ambrose after he's match. I honestly have been so impressed by Reigns this week and throughout April. He is showing some huge improvements both in the ring and on the mic. When I was watching Smackdown and I was watching what he was doing, I straight away knew I had to do a top five this week and I had to have Roman Reigns as number one.

Top 20 Matches of the month part 2
Top 15 superstars of the month
Top 20 matches of the month part 1

Comments

Popular Posts