RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It's of course Monday witch can only mean one thing; RAW Predictions time and with the road to Survivor Series officially in action we can expect another night full of promising matches, interesting story development, and of course a Seth Rollins promo! However, this month is not only about building Survivor Series or getting everyone excited for NXT Takeover London set to take place in December, oh no, this month we are also celebrating twenty five years of the Undertaker. I'm sure most of you have already seen but all week the WWE have been kick starting their month honoured to the Dead Man with articles and photo shoots focused around the phenom, we even have an up and coming pay per view that is pretty much centred around him. I was thinking of doing a special blog post focused on the Undertaker himself so if that's something you would be interested in just let me know and I will get onto that. I am currently trying to get back on track with everything and back into some kind of routine. I know that I have struggled to do so since being ill a couple of months back,but I'm getting there, just slowly, and it doesn't help  being so busy! A quick reminder that I have started pre posting for my of the year season that will of course be starting at the start of December, so if you can let me know what has been your match of the year and who has been both your superstar and diva of the year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post including last weeks RAW Predictions. Leave a comment letting me know what your predictions for tonight's show are if you wish. Right let's get into it...

With the WWE honouring twenty five years of the Undertaker throughout the month of November the storyline dominating WWE TV right now is of course the build up to team Bray Wyatt VS Team Taker at Survivor Series. Even though the match itself it yet to be announced the WWE have been centring their attention on it since the Hell In A Cell pay per view. A little recap. Last Sunday after being defeated by Brock Lesnar in their final showdown, the Undertaker was given one last little surprise when Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, and Braun Strowman aka The Wyatt family laid down an attack on Taker and carried him backstage. The following night on RAW we saw the exact same thing happen when Kane made the mistake of attempting to confront Bray Wyatt. Personally. I really really like this idea. The Undertaker has worked much much more this year including a one on one feud with Bray earlier on in the year so there is some back story. However, the WWE have to be very careful with how they go about with this storyline. Unlike the last time they feuded there isn't an obvious story the WWE are going on. It's not completely clear why Wyatt has targeted Taker and Kane. Last week during Monday night RAW he did cut an amazing promo where he spoke about Hell in a Cell where he claimed to carry out the soul of the Undertaker. It's once again very much about Wyatt becoming the new face of fear. This time round the storyline is much darker and much more intense and with Taker having nothing to loose and this being such an unpredictable feud we have reason to carry on watching. When it comes to entertainment this is a storyline that is without a doubt providing. Moving forward, the  question on everyone on everyone's mind is who's next? Who will be next to join the Wyatt family clan and who will the Wyatt's target next. During he's promo last week Bray did mention Reigns briefly but as we saw last week Roman is off chasing after the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, rightfully where he belongs right now, so counting him as a member of team Taker may not be the smartest decision but at the same time it's something you don't want to rule out completely any time soon. At the moment it is looking to be Ryback, Dean Ambrose, and Cesaro who will all stand as team Taker alongside Kane. To be honest, I could accept this as a team for Survivor Series. Ambrose, Ryback, and Cesaro are all in a pretty odd place at the moment. Ryback has just finished a rather terrible feud with Kevin Owens that did him no good what so ever. Ambrose has spent the past couple of months alongside Reigns, and Cesaro hasn't been involved in anything solid for god knows how long. Putting them together as apart of team Taker may be a little out of the blue and random but this is a good mixture of talents who all bring something very different so they have the potential to be an amazing team. Last Thursday on Smackdown the Wyatt family were able to keep momentum at a high after pinning Cesaro during six man tag team action. It's important they keep that momentum going leading up to Survivor Series. Personally, I'm expecting to see something like Cesaro VS Harper. Its likely their will be some kind of one on one involving two of the superstars that competed last Thursday.

A week into he's return to the WWE, Alberto Del Rio is looking really good. He was able to fit in two solid matches last week including the main event and he continues to receive a strong reaction from the live crowd. You guy's all know that I'm over the moon he's back inside a WWE ring and I remain every optimistic for the future. What's great this time round is there are a lot of WWE superstars now on the roster that Alberto hasn't faced and after putting on a solid match against Neville last week he's work with new talent could be something special. It's going to be great seeing how he fits in with the very new roster we have. Since the last time he was in the WWE there have been a great deal of changes and shift in power but he has come at a great time. There are currently a couple of strong names out of action in clouding Randy Orton, John Cena, and most recently Rusev, so it gives Del Rio the time to really take the spotlight and have he's "moment" if you wish. As it currently stands, there isn't a WWE superstar who has challenged Del Rio to a title shot. He's only been back a week and the WWE have been focusing on keeping he's momentum at a high witch we all understand. When it comes to likely opponents it for me is a difficult one to predict. I've mentioned it already but I would love to see him eventually do some work with Cesaro and Swagger, just because I think story telling would be simple for their feud and the matches they could put on have the potential to be very very special. A small alliance with Rollins would be an interesting road to go down at some point as well and I am predicting Ambrose and Reigns VS Del Rio and Rollins on a future episode of Smackdown. However, to be completely honest, I have no idea if Alberto is working as a heel or face right now so that just makes it even more difficult for me to predict.

At the moment I'm very love and hate with the tag team division. It's slightly messy but the competition is strong. The New Day have remained the best at what they day and are still at a high. This is just a team that keeps on delivering in everything that they do and it's so refreshing seeing the WWE actually book a tag team as strongly as they have been booking the New Day. Whether it is a singles match or a tag team match, these guys are everywhere and they are owning everything they do. Whatever comes out of their mouths is money and has me actually laughing out loud. Their humour is fantastic, their character is amazing, and the best thing is, is when they compete they really compete. Big E in particular has just been leaving me unbelievably impressed. Their matches both singles and tag team have been of a very high standard and have been keeping me personally, very entertained. Now, for the past couple of months the New Day have been doing a lot of work with the Dudley Boyz and to be honest I did think that by now we would have seen new champs crowned and history made again. However, being such a big New Day fan I'm glad they have kept the titles on them for as a long as they have done while also keeping the reign interesting and entertaining. Last Thursday on Smackdown we were able to focus our attention on the other tag teams in the division and to be fair during the match up they were all pretty impressive. A team I'm personally ruling out of the title picture for now is the Ascension. You all know how much I love these guys and how I strongly support them but it's just not their time right now. The winners of last weeks match was the Lucha Dragons witch was refreshing. This is a team that have taken a little seat back but have been impressive throughout the past year. They have been waiting for their moment and even though I'm not fully convinced that their true moment is now, putting them in the spotlight is a really good idea. Another team I'm loving right now and fully supporting is King Barrett and Sheamus. I have made it clear in the past that I'm not the biggest fan of two random superstars being put together and being made into a tag team. I hated it with Ryback and Curtis Axel and it took me a long time to get used to Cesaro and Tyson Kidd but I honestly love this pairing of Sheamus and Barrett. They have such strong chemistry and work amazingly well together. As a tag team they are easily branded and have bags of potential. This could be something very special if it's done correctly. A possible match for tonight could see the Lucha Dragons and the Dudley Boyz take on the Ascension and Barrett and Sheamus. Or after sending the message they sent last Thursday, the Lucha Dragons could challenge the new day in a none title match during tonight's show. Building up Sheamus and Barrett as a legit tag team for the rest of the year is a great idea and I really hope they stick to it and do it right. I also have to bring up the fact that the Usos will be making their return very very soon.

I am fully aware that I'm starting to sound like a broken a record but can we all agree at the divas divsion at the moment is just a complete mess. I honestly have no idea what on earth creative are doing or the direction they are going in because it's just one big mess right now. Last week on RAW Paige finally made her heel turn official without the crazy mind games (witch my the way I hate) when she attacked both Charlotte and Becky Lynch after yet another tag team match. Personally, I love Paige working as a heel. She's a natural bad guy and even though the WWE seem to always take her down the crazy root she doesn't need to go there. Something a lot of people need to realise is that a heel diva doesn't need to adopt a crazy chick gimmick. In fact I think Paige would be much better off as a heel minus the crazy character. Focusing more on her aggression and anti-diva characteristics would be much more entertaining, well in my eyes anyway. Last Thursday on Smackdown we saw Paige go one on one with Natalya. To be honest, I was expecting them to make a bigger deal out of Nattie's return considering how much it was talked about over the past couple of weeks. The match with Paige was just awful. There were a couple of good spots and they two have a great deal of chemistry but when you look at previous matches we have seen between the two of them especially down in NXT, you just know that they can do so much better than that. I understand the aim last week was to reveal Nattie's attacker but I would have liked to have seen a longer match between Paige and Natalya for all the obvious reasons and then have Team B.A.D come down to the ring and make the revelation. I did like the little twist of team B.A.D been Natalya's attackers and then of course seeing them attack her inn the ring during Smackdown last Thursday. What confused me was how over the past thew weeks we have seen the WWE slowly edge towards turning Sasha baby face, witch you know I have never been a fan of anyway. I don't think they want us to forget just how popular Sasha is and the idea of her breaking away from Team B.A.D or the team simply splitting is not something that the WWE have shied away from. However, what I noticed last week was how much more attention the WWE are focusing on Sasha. She came across much more like the leader of the group. Remember Banks is used to forming alliances and using other divas to get on top. From The Beautiful Fierce Females, to her alliance with Becky Lynch earlier on in the year. Manipulating Tamina and Naomi to get the divas championship is something we are really going to start seeing more often from this point onwards. Hopefully now the WWE will focus on giving the fans what they want witch of course is more Sasha Banks. We have been reminded of how dangerous she is now it's time to start looking at where they can go next. We could see her or another member of team bad take on Natalya in one on one action tonight but if we are going to focus more on the divas championship then a possible triple threat between Paige, Nattie, and Banks could be on the card for tonight, but there are many options as to what we could see from the division tonight. However, hopefully they stick to focusing their attention mainly on the divas championship and champion herself who is falling into the routine of getting slightly forgotten about.

Tonight, I'm also expecting Tyler Breeze to have he's debut main roster match up. Since he arrived a couple of weeks back on Smackdown we have seen Breeze ally himself with Summer Rae (witch I'm still not a big fan of but adjusting too) and target Dolph Ziggler. I will link bellow a blog post I wrote a while back where I actually compared Ziggler and Breeze before the two even collided. Now, on both occasions where Breeze and Ziggler have met Breeze has stood tall and sent a message. Anyone who has watched NXT over the past year or so knows full well that Tyler is much more than a pretty face and a flamboyant character. He is without a doubt one of the most talented in ring competitors the WWE have right now but for those who haven't watched NXT I'm predicting that their first impressions are not the best and he most likely is coming across almost like a joke who will have he's fifteen minuets in the spotlight and then fade out into Fandango 2.0 or something along those lines. The good news is that the WWE have done the right thing having he's main roster debut feud with Dolph Ziggler. Their both very alike and you know for a fact that the pair of them could put on one heck of a match given the time and attention. Ziggler really could bring out the best in Breeze and set him off in the right direction. My personal problem isn't with the wrestling or the feud, it isn't even with Tyler's pairing with Summer Rae. What I worry about is how far they will go with he's character. They have to be very careful not to go too far and too over the top. Do that and he will come across in the worse way possible and I hate to say it but go down the road I and every other NXT fan doesn't want him to go down. When coming from NXT you can go down two roads, the Adam Rose road or the Kevin Owens/Seth Rollins road.I don't know about you but  I know where I want Breeze to go. Focusing our attentions back to tonight, and like I said, I really am expecting Breeze to be in action. If he does compete tonight then I doubt it will be against Ziggler, they will most likely save that for later on, preferably Survivor Series, so taking on someone like Neville who Breeze has a lot of history with could be a possibility. I would personally love it if Ziggler addressed Breeze and the two attacks so that we can get more of a feel for this feud and we can generate more interest.

Roman Reigns has spent the past year trying to win over the WWE universe and prove himself. It may have taken some time but I think he has done exactly what he needed to do. I'm not sitting here saying that he's the best thing the WWE have at the moment because he isn't and he still has a long way to go before he truly comes across the way the WWE want him to come across. He still has work to do on he's mic skills and character but compared to where he was this time last year he is doing amazingly well. I never actually thought I would be calling myself a Roman Reigns fan but he's won me over. Last week was a great week for Reigns. He was impressive in all three matches we saw him compete in. I particularly enjoyed what we saw between him and Kevin Owens. They actually work
pretty well together and I could have watched them compete against one another even longer last week during their one on one on Smackdown. Focusing Reigns on Seth Rollins and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship was always going to happen at some point and I'm glad that the WWE Spent time working on him and building him up. Reigns and Rollins have fantastic history and chemistry and so I'm very interested in seeing how their story/feud plays out in the up and coming weeks. Now, Reigns may be the main focus but there is a lot going on this month in the WWE and I really really don't want to see Rollins get lost. He needs to keep momentum at a high, he needs to carry on coming across like a strong, dominate champion and a real challenge for Reigns. It would be an interesting story development if we saw Reigns work on the weaknesses of Rollins. Knowing him so well means that we could get a great story from Reigns as he chases after the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I would love to see Rollins in action tonight. I am expecting some kind of tag team main event involving Owens and Rollins VS Reigns and someone else but I would of course much rather see some one on one action so that both superstars can gain the needed momentum.

So they are my predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW. I did have to rush this blog post so I'm sorry if it's not the best in the world. Remember you can let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

The NXT Divas Who Will keep up high Standards

Comments

Popular Posts