Survivor Series Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with my two thousand and fifteen Survivor Series review and reactions. Last night, I tuned into the WWE Network to celebrate twenty five years of the Undertaker, a superstar who has become one of the most memorable, captivating and intense talents in WWE history. As the phenom once again stood by the side of he's brother, Kane, the two legendary tag team took on the young guns in the Wyatt Family in a battle of the supernatural superstars. We also saw Charlotte defend her divas Championship against Paige in what would become one of Charlotte and Paige's best main roster matches. Tyler Breeze was able to pick up he's first big win last night as well and  the closing moments of this year's Survivor Series event saw what was a well executed and timed twist to conclude a solid pay per view. In today's blog post I will be taking you back through all of last night's action, telling you what I thought of every single match of the night. As usual any recent blog post will be linked bellow including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. You can also let me know what you thought of last night's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Last night's kick off show saw a traditional Survivor Series, five on five match take place. I'll be honest, at first I thought that this was the only traditional five on five we were going to get for the night and of course as a result I was pretty pissed off about it. This whole pay per view is pretty much based on this particular match and the thought of not even having one on the actual main show just made no sense to me what so ever. However, after later learning it wasn't the only traditional Survivor Series match we were getting (thank god) I was beyond relieved and was able to stop going off on one big rant. And to be fair a traditional five on five on the kick off show was actually a great idea and made perfect sense. I will admit when I'm wrong, okay. The teams consisted of The Miz, Bo Dallas, The Ascension, and Stardust and then The Dudley Boyz, Titus O'Neil, Neville, and a returning Goldust. I'll be honest, I marked out like a crazy person when Goldust came out last night. Anyone that has been reading my blog or has been following me on twitter for a while will know that I'm a huge Goldust fan. He's one of my all time favourites and a superstar who I will only ever have positive things to say about. Goldie has been out of action for a while so it was amazing seeing him back inside a WWE ring again. What I want to see the WWE focus on now is getting Cody Rhodes back and binning Stardust. You guys know I'm not the biggest Stardust fan at all and what I dislike even more is he's alliance with the Ascension. I really am not sold on the idea what so ever. I don't think the two characters work together, I don't think they have any chemistry as a trio, and the idea just doesn't work or make any sense to me. What we need to see over the next couple of months is Goldust really try and get he's brother back, using all different kinds of tactics. We are going to need to see Goldust build some momentum over the following weeks but we are also going to want to see Stardust keep momentum at a high. So that includes seeing him cut promos, segments, solid matches, picking up victories left, right and centre, and targeting he's brother. The start of the match saw Goldie on a role, taking out Viktor from the Ascension and brawling with Stardust. Personally I would have liked to have seen the two brothers brawl for a bit and then see Goldust take out both member's of the Ascension just to send a message to the fans and the he's brother and so that he can really show that he has come back with a bang. I was surprised to see Neville as the only member of he's team eliminated. In all honesty, if anyone was going to be eliminated I was expecting it to be Titus O'Neil, but he actually had a solid performance. He looked strong and dominate whenever he was in the ring and he had a great reaction from the live crowd. Maybe the WWE should being considering taking Titus down a strong solo run. The Dudley Boyz also had a great showing last night and were the ones to pick up the victory for their team. The booking for this match was interesting. We didn't get to see as much of Goldust as I would have liked. He should have looked much stronger and really should have been the one to pick up the winning pin fall for he's team. They could have easily had the whole team work together to take out Stardust with Goldie being the one who makes the cover. It was also a little odd seeing Neville eliminated as I mentioned already but on a positive note Goldust is back and Titus had a good showing.

After Lillian Garcia sang the national anthem, the Pay per view was underway and the opening match saw Roman Reigns and Alberto Del Rio compete for a place in the finals, taking place later on in the night. From the early stages of this match Del Rio went straight on the attack of Reigns' shoulder. Targeting the area, the US Champ remained viscous and aggressive throughout working on the shoulder as Triple H watched from backstage. Reigns fought back strong but it was Del Rip who kept in control of the match making sure to always go back to that shoulder. Alberto scored several near falls witch increased my interest in the match despite it remaining a very predicable one. As the match progressed Reigns grew with strength and momentum and in the end it took a spear to take Del Rio out as Reigns advanced to the finals. Of course we all knew how this match was going to end but the near falls and and physicality of this match made it much easier to get into and get behind. I liked that we saw Triple H backstage. He played a key role throughout the tournament and kept you wondering what he had planned and waiting around the corner next. Del Rio pushed Reigns well and as a result we were able to see a good performance from Reigns and Del Rio had a great showing as well. There was a great deal of energy throughout and you could feel just how much both these superstars wanted to become champion. It was a strong start to the night and I thought they both did amazingly well.

Up next was what soon turnt into a brawl between arguably, two of the WWE's most over superstars on the roster, as Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens did battle in an attempt to qualify to the finals of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship tournament. I had really high expectations of this match. These are two of the best in ring performers and characters the WWE have right now. They have a great deal of chemistry, they know each other well, their both over with the fans, and they are both championship and main event event material without question. Not to mention that they are two of my personal favourite WWE Superstars of course. Heading into this match I was expecting
nothing but the best from these two and it is exactly what they gave us. It was a fast paced fight with some great technical wrestling. Back and fourth with both superstars pulling out their best moves on one another. Owens did spend more time in control of the match as expected but Ambrose thought back well and the crowd kept behind him one hundred per cent. Once again this was a predicable match and we all knew how it was going to end but with Owens getting just as much of a strong build up as Ambrose and the amazing story telling and character we got from these two this was an entertaining match based completely on pure wrestling. It was a more physical and much rougher bout than the first match of the night. It had a different feel to it, much more raw than Reigns vs Del Rio. Everything seemed to flow well and it was a neat, clean, and well put together match. Owens may not have have picked up the victory but he looked amazingly well throughout and was very impressive from start to finish.

We then had the second traditional Survivor Series five on five elimination match of the night. This time the teams consisted of; Ryback, the Usos and the Lucha Dragons and The New Day, Sheamus, and King Barrett. I tweeted it out last night and I will say it again here, the heel team was honestly my dream team. It was a good mixture of my favourites and some very very talented superstars. Of course before stepping in the ring the New Day mocked their opponents. It wouldn't be a New Day match without some good old New Day mockery now would it? The baby face team didn't have me super excited if I'm being honest. I'm not the biggest Ryback or Usos fan but I am a big supporter of the Lucha Dragons who were rocking that ring gear last night. Despite a rocky start, the heels were able to get right back on track by focusing their attentions on Jey Uso, backing him into a corner and wearing the former tag team champion down. There were a couple of really good spots in this match but there was nothing that completely blew my mind away. The eliminations came pretty quickly and if it wasn't for all the character and entertainment being brought by the New Day I probably wouldn't have been as interested as I was. Talking of the New Day their exit was really clever actually and I really liked it. Only Big E was technically eliminated and by walking out of the match they were able to carry on keeping their momentum fairly high. Leaving Sheamus out there to compete on he's own also gave the Money in the bank winner the chance to show he's dominance but it wasn't really done as well as I would have hoped. It would have been great seeing him take out a couple of superstars on he's own and look really strong before being eliminated. I'm hoping that next year the WWE work harder with their traditional Survivor Series five on fives. All they did this year was through together a group of superstars last minuet and it didn't work what so ever.

After their controversial contract signing last week on RAW, Paige and Charlotte walked into their match knowing all eyes were going to be on them and knowing full well that they had to put on one heck of a bout to match how good the hype was. We saw a great video package before the match, and we all knew that there was a strong story/build up to this match, witch makes a difference with the main roster divas and their storyline's. I was actually really looking forward to this match and allowed myself to expect something really good and I wasn't left disappointed for a change. Both divas ripped into each other not holding back what so ever. It was a physical, aggressive match with a story being told throughout. Charlotte controlled much of the match aiming to teach Paige a lesson and get her revenge for what Paige had said and done over the past month. There was a good mixture of technical wrestling inside the ring and an all out fight/brawl outside of the ring. Paige showed her furry well and brought a lot of character to the match. Something I picked up on last night and have briefly mentioned in the past is the lack of character from Charlotte. If the former NXT Women's Champion wants to win over the WWE universe especially those who have not seen her NXT work then she is going to have to show more character. The crowd were fairly split last night but a majority were backing Paige who was extremely over despite being such a strong heel. Being a great wrestler isn't going to be enough for Charlotte. She's going to have to show much more character and charisma. Once the divas were back in the ring, Charlotte was able to lock in the figure eight to retain her championship. A solid, strong, entertaining match up that met most of my personal expectations but like I have said time and time again, Charlotte is the champion and even though she is putting on great matches we need more character and we need to see much more of her and less of Paige.

Now, I'm going to be honest, my biggest disappointment of the night was without a doubt Tyler Breeze VS Dolph Ziggler and trust me it kills me to say it. I was really really looking forward to this match. If you have been reading my blog for a while then you would know that  I have compared these two superstars many times before and I have commented on how badly I have wanted to see these two take each other on but their match last night was a complete let down. There was a lack of chemistry between the two superstars, no story being told, they didn't have that much time and there were several awkward moments and as a whole it just didn't work. For some reason the two superstars just didn't click last night and it was so disappointing to see. This was supposed to be a huge night for Tyler Breeze. The night he showed the WWE universe what he is capable of, the night he was supposed to show everyone why he is a superstar we should all be keeping a very very close eye on. It wasn't that big break out match it was supposed to be for Breeze. He did show us he's aggressive side but if you have seen he's NXT work then you will know that last night didn't even show a fraction of what he is capable of. In my opinion I think they need to ditch the idea of him and Summer being a couple, have him work alone and build up the way he should be. These weak, meaningless matches are doing him no good what so ever and what we are seeing is another example of the WWE failing to know how to book it's NXT talent when they get the call up. We saw it with Neville, we saw with it with Adam Rose and Bo Dallas and we are seeing it with Tyler Breeze. If it wasn't for JBL hyping Breeze's big win over a former World Champion last night then this wouldn't have felt like a big deal at all.

Of course last night we were celebrating twenty five years of the Undertaker and after an amazing entrance fro the dead man (witch really did get me even more excited for the match), the brothers of destruction came together to take out Erick Rowan who we didn't see again for the rest of the night. Bray Wyatt then choose Luke Harper to stand by him to take on Taker and Kane witch I thought was a great choice. There's no doubt about it; Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt are the strongest of the four members of the Wyatt family. They have great wrestling ability, good ability to tell a story, they have great chemistry and are clearly the most worthy of taking on the duo. The match itself I will admit wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be if I'm being completely honest. It wasn't as long or as intense as I was expecting but it was still amazing to watch. It had that this is awesome feel throughout and the two teams worked really really well together. Strowman working as a distraction and then going through the Spanish announce table worked in my eyes. I was disappointed with how little involvement Bray really had. I would have liked to have seen him wrestle even more and play even more mind games. We also didn't get the feel as though the torch was being passed onto Bray Wyatt. I understand that this was a huge night for Taker but I just can't deal with the fact that Bray and the Wyatt family clan have suffered yet another loss. What the WWE seriously need to start focusing on now is building the future of their company. I have said it a million times before but Wyatt is a huge part of that future and it's about time they started using him better, giving him stronger victories and actually allowing him to come up on top of a storyline. Of course it was great seeing the Brothers of Destruction team up one last time.

Finally, our main event. After going through a tough tournament, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns were left the last men standing as they did battle one last time to see who would be crowned the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Roman Reigns wasted no time getting into this match and making it perfectly clear that friendship was being put aside for this match. He wanted to be champion and you can see that in ever single move he made and ever single facial expression he pulled. Reigns used he's power to get an upper hand, throwing Ambrose around and across the ring like a rag doll. Throughout the match the intensity didn't weaken in fact it increased if anything. They both showed their exhaustion with every move looking like a real effort. You got the genuine feeling as though they were giving it there everything.  They of course had amazing chemistry and bounced off each other really well. I would have liked the match to have been longer just because I think that with more time they could have put on something very very special but for the time they did have they put on a solid match easy to get into and it did at times leave me on the edge of my seat. I didn't see the closing moments happening, mainly because I was expecting the match to go on longer but it worked and tied into the match well. After picking up the victory and becoming champion Reigns showed a great deal of emotion and you could really see how much it meant to him being champion. I loved the little moment between Ambrose and Reign's. Throughout their careers these two have stood by each others side and last night was no different. There was a big celebration in full swing with confetti filling the arena along with a great fireworks display and then  of course Triple H made he's appearance of the night. Coming down to the ring to congratulate Reigns, Triple H looked to have
found he's new top guy until the new Champion made it clear all was not good between him and the boss and fed hunter a gorgeous spear. The celebration was then cut short with Sheamus entering the ring and cashing in he's money in the bank contract. I'll be honest, I as actually expecting a heel turn from Reigns or Ambrose. I didn't feel as though it was Sheamus' time to cash in so I was left on the edge of my seat watching as Sheamus stole the moment from Reigns and became the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. You guys all know I'm a huge Sheamus fan. I have been from day one and so he's victory last night left me heading off to bed a very happy fan. It does feel as though Reigns is being given the Daniel Bryan story at the moment. He not only came close last night but he became champion and this time it was taken from him by Sheamus. He had he's moment and it was taken away from him again. If the WWE keep this up they have a great story heading into the new year. What I'm hopeing now is Sheamus gets a strong title run and surprises doubters and the WWE universe as a whole.

I know a lot of you really didn't like the twist at the end with Sheamus' cash in but I could not have been happier. Last night the future of the WWE had their time to shine. With bigger names out it allowed a group of superstars who may not have gotten the attention before get what they deserved.I felt as though we had a handful of strong matches last night but also a couple of disappointments. The TLC card should be very interesting and what they do next with the likes of Barrett, Ambrose, Del Rio, Owens, Reigns, and Sheamus will be very very interesting. Remember you can let me know what you thought of last night's show by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts