RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It's RAW Predictions time and know it's been a while since I uploaded one of these posts but after last night's eventful Survivor Series pay per view I'm back making my predictions for tonight's fall out show. With a new champion, a return, and a new faces getting a push, tonight is guaranteed to be another jam packed show. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post including last weeks RAW Review and Reactions and of course my Survivor Series Review and Reactions post witch was uploaded earlier today. Remember my of the year season will also be starting next week so you can still let me know who has been your diva of the year, superstar of the year and what has been your match of the year. The series will start with my top five diva moments of the year so make sure to keep an eye out for that on the first of December. You can also tell me what your predictions are for this weeks Monday night RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.
I'm going to start this weeks RAW predictions a little differently and I'm going to start off by looking at the mid card section of the roster. Last night on the Survivor Series kick off show we saw Titus O'Neil team up with The Dudley Boyz, Neville and Goldust to take on the team of Bo Dallas, the Miz, the Ascension, and Stardust in a traditional five on five elimination match. I mentioned in my Survivor Series review and reactions (witch will be linked bellow) that I felt as though if there was any superstar who was definitely going to be eliminated in this match on their team it would be Titus O'Neil. However, he surprisingly looked very strong and dominate when he was in the ring last night not to mention he received a great reaction from the live crowd. We have recently seen him compete in a couple of singles matches here and there and I mentioned at the start of the year how I would really like to see Titus pushed as a strong solo competitor. Yes, the Prime Time Players are great and they have had a good year but with Titus build and he's charisma he has so much potential to be a bigger name on the roster if used correctly. If they did decide to give him a push he could easily pull of working as a heel or a baby face. Using similar character that the New Day posses right now just as a solo front man. I noted last night that a great starting point would be building him up slowly to chase after the United States Championship, building him up first would be important and in the mean time a feud between Swagger and Del Rio would work perfectly fine. Is a Titus O'Neil solo push something you would like to see? Do you think he has what it takes? Is there a spot for him at the top?

One of my highlights from last night was without a doubt the return of Goldust. The bizarre one has missed several months of action due to a shoulder injury but last night he came back to team up with The Dudley Boyz, Titus O'Neil and Neville to kick start Survivor Series and he made it perfectly clear he was focusing on he's brother. Once again, I mentioned it in my review but now I really want to see the WWE focus on brining back Cody Rhodes. I have made it pretty clear that I'm not the biggest Stardust fan and with the current state of the main roster, Cody Rhodes is very much needed. I'm also seriously disliking the alliance between Stardust and the Ascension. It just doesn't work for me. The two characters don't work together and I'm simply not sold on the idea at all. With Goldust being out for so long he really needs to start building momentum. I still think things were done wrong last night. Goldust should have eliminated both Konnor and Viktor or at least got the winning pin fall. I still don't get why they didn't do that. The excuse of saving Goldust pinning Stardust doesn't work fro me either. They could have easily have had the whole team take out Stardust and Goldie be the one to make the cover. How they build up the inevitable one on one between these two is really important. Stardust needs to keep momentum at a high, so I want to see some strong promos, segments, and matches from him maybe even a couple attacks on Goldust to send a message or two. For the next couple of weeks however I think it's even more important Goldust picks up a couple of victories here and there. It would be nice seeing him keep the momentum up tonight and maybe even cut a little promo or at least a backstage interview.

Last night Charlotte once again successfully retained her divas championship in a great match up against Paige. I was expecting a quite a bit from this match and both women delivered to a good high standard. The issue I had and the problem I have been picking up over the past couple of weeks is Charlotte's lack of character. During her championship match last night it was Paige who pretty much brought all of the character and charisma and I just wanted Charlotte to do something that made her stand out even more. Yes, she had some great spots and there is no denying that she is an amazing wrestler but being a great wrestler isn't going to be enough. If she wants to win over the WWE universe, more specifically the ones who have not watched her NXT work before then she is going to have to seriously start showing more character, improving on the mic, and showing much more charisma. The WWE also need to start taking more responsibility for her slower success. She of course has had some great matches but we need to start seeing more of the actual champion herself rather than Paige being shoved down our throats even more. What they do with Charlotte next should be interesting. I don't think there is a reason for Paige and Charlotte to continue feuding. Having Charlotte compete in a couple of strong matches here and there would work for a couple of weeks but I think for now, the best root to go down for the end of the year is to start focusing more on Team B.A.D. If I was booking the division for the next month or so then I would put Naomi in the championship picture leading up to TLC with the story of Sasha feeling as though she is being out-shined by her creeping in more and more and the end result would be Sasha turning on her team mates and going her own way witch would most likely allow her to be in the championship picture herself around Wrestlemania. When it comes to Paige, there is no way she is going to be fading into the background any time soon. With their recent twitter rants I'm expecting Lana and Paige to collide at some point when Lana is back from her injury.

If you read my Survivor Series Review and Reactions post earlier on today then you would know that I was extremely disappointed with a certain match. Tyler Breeze VS Dolph Ziggler. I of course had very high expectations of this match. I have compared the two superstars a lot in the past and I have mentioned before that I have wanted to see these them compete against one another so badly simply because you just know that together they are capable of putting on an amazing amazing match up. But for some reason last night they just didn't click. There was a lack of chemistry, the match was too short, there were a couple of awkward moments, it really didn't work last night. If it wasn't JBL hyping the fact that Breeze had just defeated a former World Champion then this match would not have remained in my mind. This was not the breakout match that Breeze should have had and I was left so disappointed. What it felt like was just another example of the WWE not knowing how to book and use up and coming NXT talent. We have seen it with Neville, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, and now Tyler Breeze. Breeze is such an amazing talent with so much potential what the WWE need to seriously start looking at is how they can really utilise him and show him off to the WWE universe. Meaningless, short, weak matches are doing him no good. Stick him in the ring with someone like Neville, maybe for a number one contender shot at the IC championship. Twenty minuets of those two going at it even if he does loose, Breeze would be on the road he needs to be on.

Talking of the IC championship, Kevin Owens was one of last night's top stand outs in my eyes after he's match with Dean Ambrose last night at Survivor Series. He didn't win it but he looked amazingly well throughout and had a great all round showing. He told a story, showed character, and once again showed us all just how much of an amazing in ring talent he is. With so many superstars out of action it does mean that competition for Owens is running low. Ambrose is an obvious choice of course. The two have put on some great matches recently and have amazing chemistry. Having them feud going into TLC makes perfect sense and I wouldn't have a problem with it what so ever. I'd like to see Orton take Owens on for the title when he eventually returns but it seems unlikely. Who Owens will be taking on over the next couple of months will become much clear tonight, either way the fact he is one of the bigger names on the roster right now means we can expect him to continue working in top matches.

The most controversial part of last nights pay per view was of course Sheamus cashing in on Roman Reigns to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. As a big Sheamus fan of course I'm super happy to see him on top and as champion once again but I know so many of you are beyond
pissed off. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting Sheamus to cash in last night just because I was more so expecting Ambrose or Reigns to turn heel, but the timing and how it was all done last night was so well executed and right that I can't really complain. Reigns spearing Hunter and then having he's moment taken away from him there was just so much going on and it all tied together well in my books. I'm liking the Daniel Bryan story they seem to be giving Reigns. All year round he has been having he's moment taken away from him and last night just with Bryan he had the championship, he had he's moment and it was taken away by a cash in once again. The WWE are really building up a great story here and I'm actually really excited to see where it goes next. With Sheamus and he's title run it's going to have to be really strong and really impressive to work out and the WWE are going to have to do a lot to win back the WWE universe. A strong gripping story is what they need. What Sheamus becoming champion does do is further push Reigns as a top baby face. Whether the two will do battle tonight has not been announced but I wouldn't be surprised to see it booked for the show tonight.

So they are my predictions for tonight's Monday night RAW, let me know what yours are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

WWE Survivor Series Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts