Five WWE Superstars We all Imitated As Kids

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! As you all know I have been on the hunt for new blog post ideas. I recently made the decision to take some time away from writing and uploading reviews and have used the past month to dedicated my time to writing brand new exiting and unique blog posts for you all. Looking at my blog I realised it was missing something. It was missing that personal touch, some light humor and a look  back at the moments that have made me and so many others the huge wrestling fans they are today. So keeping all that in mind in today's blog post I have something different for you and I really do hope you guys enjoy what I have in stall ! As kids me and my brother would always use our free time to imitate our favourite wrestlers. We would go upstairs into our bedroom, dress up as our favourite WWE Superstars and literally beat each other up for hours. It's crazy to think that we were still doing this when we were in secondary/high school. Even now events such as fancy dress parties and Halloween for example are used as excuses to take on the look of the superstars I have  been obsessed with my entire life and current favorites. In today's  blog post we are going to be focusing on this element of being a Wrestling fan as I count down five superstars we all imitated as kids.  Now, keep in mind I was born in the late nineties and my  brother was born in two thousand and one so there will be plenty of names that may not feature in this post that older fans most probably would have added to this post. I would of course love your input so feel free to leave a comment bellow letting me know which WWE Superstars you imitated when you were a kid or you can drop me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow.

Jeff and Matt Hardy
Little fact to start things off, today's blog post was in fact inspired  by the return of Matt and Jeff Hardy. Last month at Wrestlemania thirty three me and my brother were left jumping up and down and running around the house like we were seven years old all over again after the Hardy Boyz made their shock return the WWE. After capturing the RAW tag team championships and single handily saving the tag team division the entire world was talking about one of the biggest tag teams in professional wrestling history. Their return had been massively anticipated and something me and my brother had waited eight years for. In fact, since Jeff in particular had left my brother had spent every single year claiming that would be the year we would see him back inside a WWE ring and after years of waiting he was finally back and boy where we excited. And so it was that that inspired me. I grew up a huge wrestling fan as did my brother and we were always imitating WWE Superstars, it's what our childhood consisted of more than anything and so I wanted to take a look at the five superstars we all imitated as kids (and lets be honest...now as adults).Kick starting this blog post off today is of course, Matt and Jeff Hardy. These two are just nostalgic. Whenever they grace my TV screen I am transported back to being a kid, not to mention Jeff Hardy was my first wrestling crush (six year old me is still desperate to marry him).  As a child I remember my brother always dressing up as Jeff, painting his face, making Jeff's signature gloves out of socks and rocking a vest just like Jeff. Our poor aunt spent ours doing all this for us and then watching as we almost killed ourselves. We would put down this soft mat kind of thing (I have no idea what it was called) and literally jump from the stairs, ladders, the sofa, our beds, pretty much anything, doing the one thing we were warned not to do before every show, copy Jeff Hardy. I being the oldest always had to be Matt and with us both being the bigger Jeff fan it kinda sucked but hey I wonder how many kids now would much rather play as broken Matt Hardy.... If you speak to any wrestling fan regardless of their age they will most certainly tell you they at least one imitated Matt and Jeff Hardy, I mean, come on, are you seriously reading this and telling me you never copied that entrance?

The Rock
To be fair me and my brother are really young. I was born in the late nineties and my brother was born in two thousand and so we missed some of the best moments in wrestling. We also missed watching the Rock live and in his prime  but that never stopped us from being huge Rock marks and imitating his every move. I in particular was a huge Rock fan to the point where I would tell kids at school he was my biological father... thats right six year old me was a right little crazy fibber. Rocky I'm still waiting for you to collect those fathers day cards... Anyway, the Rock is an iconic figure in professional wrestling. Regardless of how old are you right now you were a Rock fan and know all too well of his in ring work. He's someone that I was always captivated by and he was one man who would also silence chatty young Victoria. I would watch every single one of his matches on the edge of my seat glued to the TV and it was the one time I wasn't being a massive chatter box. What made the Rock such a huge star for me was how easy it was to imitate him. His music would hit and I would jump off my seat and copy everything he was about to do, from that captivating entrance ( the door way was of course the start of the stage in my house), right down to his fantastic catch phrases. There have been times I have dressed up as the Rock himself and spoken like the man in my day to day life... I told you I was a crazy ass kid. Even now as an adult I can't help but copy every single word he says and when I hear that Iconic " and if you smeeeellll" I cannot just sit there and not say "what the Rock is cooking". I mean can you really call yourself a wrestling fan if you don't? The Rock is someone we all imitated as a child and even now as adults. His catch phrases, entrance, and move set is something as a kid is just fantastic (and as an adult of course) and it's impossible not to want to be him and copy every single thing he does.

The Macho Man Randy Savage
While this may not be as big of a popular choice as some of the other names I have mentioned in today's blog post I just had to include this man. Like I said, me and my brother grew up in the late nineties/ early two thousands and so superstars like the Macho Man Randy Savage were not as highly spoken of  but I grew up loving him and he remains one of my personal favourite WWE Superstars of all time. He was a big part of my childhood and one of the main reasons why I am such a big pro wrestling fan today. He inspired me and captivated me and he just had to be apart of this blog post today. I remember just wanting to look like him (strange little girl I as). I wanted his jacket, I wanted his overall look and as I got a little older I wanted Miss Elizabeth. The pair were so entertaining and a kid just something you looked up to. I would stand on my sofa or bed and drop a classic Randy Savage Elbow drop onto my teddy bears. Okay, so my brother wasn't a fan of The Macho Man or many superstars from that era so I had to wrestle my teddies on this one. Now, I do plan o n doing an entire blog post talking in more detail about some of the sueprstars who made my childhood and five of my favourite superstars of all time where I will be talking about the Macho man in more detail so keep an eye out for that post very very soon!

Triple H
As an adult my opinions of Triple H change a lot on a pretty much a monthly basis.  While there is so much I dislike about the man there is also a great deal of respect for him. Over the years he has done so much for the company and the careers of future talents not to mention what he has done over in NXT, the man is such an important part of the WWE. However, as a kid none of that mattered. It wasn't about backstage politics, creative, bookings or anything like that,as a kid it's simply just about enjoying what is being presented to us and when I was little I was all about Triple H. Again, he just captivated me. He was someone that was forever evolving and bringing something new and there are so many different versions of Triple H I remember. For me growing up the time I grew up and being the age I was my favourite Triple H has to be his work as part of D-generation X. Just tying those words makes me feel like a kid again, bringing back so many good memories. In fact writing this whole post has made me really wish I could go back to being a kid just for one day. Triple H was a massive part of my childhood. He was always on  my TV screen and he was one of the most entertaining characters and one of the strongest in ring performers. I grew up basically wanting to be Triple H. My brother wasn't as big of a fan (he was more a Shawn Michaels kinda guy) and so our roles were made clear. However, he would always copy that iconic Triple H entrance regardless of how big or little of a fan he was. I cannot tell you how much my mum hated it when we would spit our water out. We honestly would be in our grandparents gardens imitating that entrance spitting water out over and over again. For anyone around the area that wasn't a wrestling fan we must have looked mental! But it was fun and something so basic brought a lot of joy to our childhood. We also loved watching them and their crazy antics. I'm pretty confident it was D- generation that are responsible for our little rebel moments and pranks. They had us genuinely laughing our arses off and we always had a smile on our face. Triple H is such a big part of pro wrestling and the future of the WWE but lets not forget what he brought to our childhood and the impact he had there.

The Undertaker
And finally, we have the Undertaker. Come on, this post would not have been complete without this man featuring in it. It is b borderline impossible to find a wrestling fan that did not imitate the dead man ( a strange sentence to read if you are a non wrestling fan). He is one of the most ionic figures in professional wrestling, one of most captivating and original characters in history and one of the most popular wrestlers in the world. He's a house hold name and even if you're not the biggest pro wrestling fan you know who he is and you most probably pretended to be him at least once in your life. He has to be one of the most imitated men in sports entertainment history, to this day fully grown adults spend their time dressing up as him for events including Wrestlemania, other wrestling events,
Halloween, and fancy dress parties/events. Whether you are reading this and you are a younger fan or a much older fan I believe you are a massive Taker fan and at some point you have imitated the man himself. When I was little all I wanted in life was a big leather jacket, some black eyeliner and a black hat. My life would have been complete with those three little things in it. Trust me, I was easily pleased. Me and my brother were such big Undertaker fans and our granddad in fact has always also been a big Taker fan. This meant that there honestly was times where my granddad would give us his leather jacket (which to be honest wasn't as cool as Takers but it was sure as hell good enough!) and me and my brother would pretend to be him. When we would watch a Taker match we would be up off our seats and copying his entrance along with Taker himself. We would copy his signature moves and nail that eye roll perfectly. It was also so much fun imitating Kane as well. Big fans of the brothers of destruction me and my brother were more the brother and big sister of destruction. There are so many childhood memories thanks to the Undertaker and I find it amazing that to this day fans of all ages continue to imitate him.

I honestly had so much fun writing this blog post today! It felt so good going back and reliving some of those moments. Wrestling was such a massive part of my childhood and I'm left now feeling very nostalgic. As always I would love your input! Let me know down in the comments bellow which WWE Superstars you imitated as a kid. There are so many names I missed out what I wish I could have put in this list so if you would like a part two tweet me over at @TezangiVictoria,.

My Sexual Assault/ Rape Story


WWE Payback Highlights

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts