My Top 5 WWE Superstars of All Time

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Some of you may be aware that I recently uploaded a blog entitled "Five Superstars we All Imitated as Kids" and while I had so much fun writing that blog post it also inspired me to write another rather similar. During that post I spoke about writing an article where I list my top five WWE superstars of all time. I've basically grown up with wrestling in my life. I have been a fan since I was a really small kid and you guys have seen me speak about my childhood, growing up a wrestling fan with my brother and the amazing  memories we have thanks to wrestling. Of I course when we were younger we were WWE fans and WWE fans only to be honest ( when TNA did first really  branch out we were pretty big fans of impact as well  but back then my brother was by far a bigger fan of the company than I was but thats something for a whole other post) and so I have decided to focus on just WWE superstars but a TNA version is something I would be interested in writing up for sure. Also, keep in mind me and my brother are pretty damn young. I was born in the late nineties and my brother was born in two thousand and so there is likely to be names on this list that wouldn't be on yours and there may be some superstars you are probably expecting to be on this list but don't feature on this post  but remember that narrowing it down to just five superstars was super difficult considering that that I could have spoken of about twenty superstars. I am also planning on writing a women's version also which should be coming up over the next week! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and finally you can let me know who your favourite WWE superstar of all time is by leaving a comment bellow or of course by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

The Undertaker
If you asked seven year old Victoria who her favourite WWE Superstar was I can tell you that she would have given you at least twelve names but looking back there really has only ever been one man to make as big of an impact in my life and that man is the Undertaker. Now, I will admit that he isn't my all time favourite WWE Superstar but if you look back at my childhood he for sure was the biggest part of that. As a kid and to be fair even now as an adult, the Dead man as the most captivating superstar on WWE Television and while I spent half the time scared of the man I spent the other half admiring him and nothing takes away from the fact he was and always will be an all time favourite. There are so many childhood memories created because of the Undertaker. Having a younger brother we always took it upon ourselves to create a little Brothers of destruction 2.0 (this time of course with a female twist). The matches we would put on in our rooms with the pair of us dressed as either man and our mother telling us to keep the noise down and in her own words "stop trying to kill one another" are some of the best memories I have stored and will forever be apart of what was such a great time of my life. Watching the Undertaker as a kid is something only wrestling fans and kids who got the chance to see him perform either on TV or in person even if it was just for the once will understand. His haunting entrance, his ring gear, the way he moved when he competed and the stellar matches he would he deliver week in and week out are again such huge parts of my childhood and reasons why I'm such a big wrestling fan today. To this day the Undertaker remains a house hold name. Whether you are a wrestling fan or not you are more than likely to have heard his name and know what he does. Of course my heart broke this year when it was made clear that Taker would be retiring but as hard as it is to take in it was his time. Over the years the Undertaker has been such a huge part of wrestling fans lives. He's an all time favourite amongst the entire community and will forever go down as one of the most iconic characters, captivating and entertaining, and talented men in this history of this industry.

Goldust
I am fully aware of the fact that there will for sure be people reading this who probably were not expecting to see Goldust feature on this list  but if you know me well enough you will know that I have been the biggest Goldust fan for the longest time. It was always my life goal to see him perform live and last year I finally got to do just that. Growing up I was always attracted to the strange characters and Goldust was the epitome of strange. Everything from his entrance, storyline's, promos and even matches were strange and of course extremely captivating. Growing up I would always watch old tapes of Goldie and the more I watched, the older I got the bigger of a fan I grew to become. Anything Goldust related I knew despite the fact I wasn't even born when his career kick started or when he was in his prime. He was always the superstar that put a smile on my face regardless of what he did and what storyline he was involved with. Now, the problem I have always have is dealing with how massively underrated and more so recently underutilized. So many people seem to forget that Goldust is an iconic figure in pro wrestling. His in ring skills, experience, family, and history in the WWE is something we should all be amazed at. He has for sure had his brilliant moments and proved to the world why he is such an iconic figure but I strongly do believe that the WWE over the years could have done so much more. Personally, I feel as though they really missed out on something that could have been great between him and his brother Cody Rhodes who at the time was working under the name Stardust (a  blog post on how I would have booked the end of the Stardust gimmick will be uploaded in a couple of weeks which involved how I would have pushed Goldie). There have been so many amazing opportunities the WWE have missed out and it's such a shame but it sure as hell does not take away the fact that Goldie remains one of my all time favourite WWE superstars and while so many other faves could have taken his place in this list my strong love for Goldust could not go without be spoken about and I just had to feature him. After all, I am planning on dressing up as the man for Halloween this year...

Edge
This list would not have been complete without the rated R superstar. I wish I could put into words just how much I have loved Edge from day one. When I was taking the notes for this blog post I really struggled to only name five superstars but there really was one name I had no hesitations with and it's the man himself. So many of my all time favourite matches have featured Edge. He's the man that done it all but the man we wanted to see do even more. While he's career was cut what I still believe to be too short a few years back he accomplished so much and managed to very easily be named one of the greatest of all time and now a WWE Hall of Famer. He was the man as a kid I most certainly should not have been watching (and now as an adult I completely understand why my mum was not a fan of her seven and five year old watching this man every week). He was the guy you loved to hate and as a kid I remember just thinking wow... this guy is a prick (okay, maybe not that exact word was used but you get my point). He was the ultimate heel and for me raised the bar for future heels to come as I continued to watch the product. He was a man I genuinely hated at times and that really goes to show just how amazing he was at his job. His in ring work was fantastic, no one in the entire world can deny that but his ability to make you feel so many emotions towards him, for him to be able to get that reaction from the fans and for him to work his character as strongly as he always has done really does go to show just how much of a brilliant worker he was. I find it really difficult to sit here and talk about Edge and explain why he is an all time fave because there is so much you just want to talk about and fitting it all in is difficult. His tag team work is legendary and he and Christian will forever be known as one of the best tag teams in the history of the WWE delivering some of the best matches the division has ever seen. With the help of the Hardy Boyz and the Dudley Boyz these three teams raised the bar and to this day are what fans use to compare current tag teams and their in ring work. I also freaking loved watching Edge and his work with the likes of Randy Orton. He was apart of some of my all time favourite feuds taking on the likes of the Undertaker, Matt Hardy, and John Cena and that ECW match that saw him team up with Lita and Mick Foley remains one of my all time favorites also.  In fact, talking of his time working with Lita this was some of my fave work from Edge. Their chemistry was fantastic and while it for sure was not child appropriate I loved it and looking back now it remains some of my favourite stuff I have seen in the WWE (not the Live sex stuff... no....). He really is a man that has done it all, first Money in the bank winner, competed in a number of brilliant matches and feuds, headlined Wrestlemania, and worked with some of the best names in the business. Edge will forever remain an all time fave.

Stone Cold Steve Austin
This next entrant I really struggled with. Growing up the Rock and Steve Austin where two of my favourite WWE superstars and choosing a side was always difficult. Proving just how difficult I struggled massively to decide which one to put in today's blog post. While both men deserve their place and both are strong all time favourites of mine I only wanted to add one and so the decision had to be made. Now, I may regret my final decision in a few weeks but for now and for today at least I'm going to go with Stone Cold... I just had to. Even as a kid my heart always leaned towards Austin and deep down I think I know he was always my fave of the two. He was a man I was simply captivated by (a word I'm totally over using throughout this post today). He was the man that inspired me to be rebel and rock that "fuck it" attitude. Watching him as a kid he was just freaking cool. Plain and simple. Everything he did you wanted to do (even though it was pretty much all illegal). He was an entertainer. He knew how to captivate fans and have us all on our feet. He is the one man who's music hit and every single time he would have every person in the arena up off their seats. The impact that clash shattering sound makes even to this day is crazy. He too is someone who has just done it all. From iconic promos, King of the ring winner, Royal Rumble winner and so much more. He has worked with some of the greatest names in the business and again has been apart of some of my all time favourite matches (if you would like to see a post listing my all time favourite WWE matches then do let me know).  His work with Bret Hart, Booker T, The Rock, and so so many more will go down in history as some of the best rivalries, matches, and moments. Not to mention his work with the boss, Vince McMahon. Such a huge part of my childhood and such iconic moments it's impossible not to talk about. Again, it was really difficult to choose between Austin and the Rock but in the end Austin just topped. He had such a huge impact on my life growing up and inspired so many wrestlers to follow in his footsteps, how could I not have him in this list today?


Eddie Guerrero
And finally we have the man that will forever be the inspiration behind posts like these, Eddie Guerrero. I'm going to sit here and officially say that Eddie Guerrero is my all time favourite WWE Superstar. Just like ever other wrestling fan I'm constantly asked who my favourite WWE superstar/pro wrestler is and I will always have Guerrero's name come to mind first. Of course, the list of faves is endless and there will always be plenty of names to choose from however, Eddie will
always and forever be my number one and I will never get bored of talking about the name himself. When I was in year nine at school I met my best friend and we honestly bonded over the fact we were both massive Eddie Guerrero fans. We spoke of how our hearts broke when we were told the news that Eddie had passed and I will forever remember her telling me that she took the day of school as her brother took her out to break the news to her. Sounds rather dramatic  but that is the impact Eddie had on his fans. As a kid he was so (here comes that word again) captivating. He was fun to watch. He played the perfect heel and when he worked as a baby face he was still the bad ass that we all loved. As I've grown up I have been able to look back at Eddie work and appreciate it more and also appreciate the impact he had and made not only in my life but wrestlers that followed in his footsteps and the division he worked. He proved that the smaller man can hang with the big dogs and worked his damn butt off to make a stand. He was so much more than a pro wrestler; He was a fantastic entertainer, a household name, an inspiration. It was Eddie who inspired me and got me so hooked on wrestling. He took my love for the business to knew heights and raised the bar. He is such a huge part of the WWE and the fans lives. He competed in some of my all time favourite matches and went toe to toe with some of the biggest names in the history of the WWE. Sitting her and talking about Eddie you cannot help but think of what he could have been doing if he was still alive. The feuds and matches he could have been apart of imagine singles matches against the likes of Seth Rollins, CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan to name a few. The role of general manager on RAW or Smackdown LIVE; He would have continued to be a huge star  but when we look at what we did get to see him its enough to name Eddie Guerrero one of the greatest of all time.

Recent Blog Posts:
Five WWE Superstars We all Imitated As Kids
Five Biggest Talking Points Following WWE Payback 2017
Five Potential 2017 Money in the Bank Winners
Five Strongest Booked WWE Superstars Today

Social Media Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram



Comments

Popular Posts