Five Superstars the WWE Should Bring Back

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and are having a great start to the month of May! So I'm back today with a  brand new blog post and an article I have wanted to write for quite some time now. As you most probably know, in the past I have written several blog posts talking about past WWE superstars who had parted ways with the company and gone on to make an even bigger impact all around the world working for several other promotions including the likes of TNA Impact, ROH, New Japan, WCPW, and many more. I have focused on this topic throughout the time I have spent actually blogging and today I'm going to be heading right back to my roots and focusing on that topic once again as I count down five past WWE superstars I think the WWE should bring back. With the  brand extension taking place almost one whole year ago we have seen several superstars make an impact and take advantage of the brand split. We've also seen NXT stars make their jump from developmental to either Monday night RAW or Smackdown LIVE and of course past superstars such as Curt Hawkins, Kurt Angle, and Mickie James have found their way back to the WWE  but lets not let it stop there. I would love to see even more past superstars make a comeback to the WWE and join either the RAW or Smackdown LIVE roster. Now, it was really hard to narrow it down to just five superstars so if you would like a part two including a women's only special then let me know down in the comments section bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. Just a quick reminder; I am planning on bringing back themed months here on my blog so if there is a specific topic you would like to see then do let me know! Finally any recent blog post will be linked bellow at the very end of today's post.

Ethan Carter III
I'm going to kick start today's blog post off with an obvious pick and someone I have spoken about a great deal in the past, Ethan Carter III. Around this time a year ago I wrote a blog post rather similar to this one and I spoke about Ethan a heck of a lot. Twelve months later he remains one of the biggest talking points when it comes to the topic of past WWE superstars we as fans are desperate to see make a return to the company. Now, not many will remember Ethan and his work in the WWE but to be fair it wasn't all too long ago however, his work in Impact completely changed the way fans had originally viewed him and he went from being a joke character in the WWE to one of the best professional wrestlers and characters in the sports entertainment world. I can't remember what year it was exactly  (it must have been around two thousand and fourteen/ two thousand and fifteen) but Carter was one of the biggest names in the industry and I personally found myself becoming obsessed with his work. To this day I don't really have anything bad to say about him. This is a man that was able to completely re-invent himself become the star he always had the potential to be. I went from barley noticing him to becoming one of his biggest fans. Ethan has his character worked down to a t. He knows how to cut promos, execute his moves, and take part in interviews all perfectly to fit his character. He's believable and captivating and and genuinely one of the most entertaining men in wrestling right now. That's not to mention his in ring work. In recent years EC3 has delivered some of the best matches from Impact and some of my personal favourite wrestling matches of the past three years or so. Now, Ethan is the perfect example of a man who's career didn't quite go the way he wanted it to go when apart of the WWE roster  but was able to walk away, start fresh and prove a point, a lot like current NXT Superstars Kassius Ohno and Drew McIntyre two men I'm confident he could so easily follow in the footsteps of. While I doubt he will make a return to the WWE in two thousand and seventeen he's someone I can honestly see having his WWE comeback at some point in the near future. NXT is a place that could really do with a man like Ethan Carter my only problem with the potential of him coming back to the WWE is the changes they will have to make. The EC3 character is perfect and like we have already touched on Ethan makes it work so much better than we could have expected. His taken a character and made into a perfect fit for himself and fans have reacted the best way he could have imagined. If the WWE were to re-sign him we can expect for a change in his name but they shouldn't feel the need to make any changes to his character. I would expect to see very similar work to what we have seen from him over the past few years and if he was to do just that the WWE could have one heck of a big new superstar on their hands and Ethan could so easily become the new face of NXT and the future face of the WWE main more roster.

Carlito
I'll admit it, I was never the biggest Carlito fan. He was never someone I truly enjoyed watching and while I was occasionally entertained by his work he never stood out to me as a top star and a personal favourite for mine. However, times change and right now Carlito is a passed WWE superstar the company could seriously benefit from re-signing.  Over the past ten months or so we have seen a number of passed superstars return to the WWE the likes of Mickie James and Curt Hawkins spring to mind first as past Smackdown LIVE returnees. I mentioned these two also because I believe Carlito should follow in their footsteps and first return to Smackdown LIVE. This is the brand that needs him the most. Now, the chances of him actually coming back and establishing himself as a top  big main star in the WWE is slim to none, while he isn't a jobber and should most certainly not be treated like one he isn't a superstar I want to see put in the top spot, as of now, he isn't the man for the job. Instead there is a spot for him to work with family members Primo and Epico. Again, Primo and Epico are not personal favourite of mine. There have been matches and moments from the pair that have stood out and I have been impressed with however their overall work doesn't leave me excited and there isn't much I can really say about the two that is leaning towards the positive side. Since the news of the brand split last summer fans have been questioning whether or not Carlito will be making a WWE return considering he is on good terms with the company and of course keeping in mind that Primo and Epico would seriously benefit from his return and working with him. Carlito is a man full of charisma and while he wouldn't make the biggest impact in the world he would really help these two out and he would of course be able to remind fans of his talent. Lets not forget that Carlito is a previous champion holding several titles in the WWE. I'm confident he could bring something fresh and exciting to Smackdown LIVE and really give us the excitement and craziness the blue brand needs.

Gail Kim
Up next we have another past Impact star and one of the most influential female performers in professional wrestling history, Gail Kim. There is no doubt about, Gail Kim is a legend. She's one of the original enforces in the women's revolution and has been at the forefront of changing the perception of women's wrestling. Over the years she has put on some fantastic matches and been apart of legendary feuds, I mean come on, lets be honest, he feud with Awesome Kong is one of the best feuds in impact wrestling's women's division history. Her work in impact and around the world has been fantastic and she is easily one of the most respected and recognizable faces in women's wrestling. Her WWE run was okay. She had some great moments, solid matches and decent feuds  but in comparison to what we have seen from her since she left proves that she was seriously underutilized and most certainly deserves another run with the company to showcase her skills in a WWE ring and platform. Looking at women's wrestling and where it us at now it's only more proof that Gail should make a WWE return. The reason why she wasn't the big star she deserved to be during her previous run with the WWE is because of the state of women's wrestling. The women's division in the WWE was the divas division and there was no time or platform for her to showcase her skills. Now however women's wrestling is taking over the world. The WWE have jumped on board and over the past few years we have seen the company turn things around completely with its female talent. Stronger booking, respected work, fantastic matches and captivating storyline's and I would honestly love to have seen Gail apart of the revolution. Of course it is not too late and there is always going to be a place for Gail Kim on the roster. It would be great to see her follow in the footsteps of Mickie James who of course competed in an NXT Women's championship match before going up to the main roster. Gail would be a fantastic edition to the NXT women's division and a match between her and Asuka is a dream. It would  be a fantastic way to build up her fan base from the WWE universe once again and bring attention back onto her before she goes up to the main roster. As far as which brand she should go to Gail would honestly be a perfect fit to either brand. Looking at the female talent in the WWE right now there are so many dream matches. Gail taking on the likes of Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Alexa Bliss in twenty plus minuet matches is a dream come true and not to mention the fact we know she can work with much bigger superstars and she could be a great asset in pushing Nia Jax to the next level. I honestly do believe Gail would be a huge addition to the WWE Women's division   and it would allow her to edge closer to a hall of fame spot sometime in the future.              

Bobby Lashley
If you remember the post I was talking about earlier on today when we were discussing Ethan Carter III you will most probably remember that former TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley also featured in that post and once again he is popping up in another similar post. I have mentioned in the past that Lashley is one of my all time favourite pro wrestlers. A rare pick and someone I'm sure a lot of people would not add to their personal list of all time faves but for me he is someone I have always been entertained by. His in ring work is something we as fans have really been able o see improve over the years and his character development has seen even bigger improvements. As his career has moved forward Lashley has proven himself to me one heck of an in ring performer and addition to the wrestling world. His fan base has grown and his credibility has increased. When we take a look back at his early work in the WWE he was for sure an impressive up and comer. He had the look and the skill to be a big name in the company and even bigger part of the roster. The WWE of course saw that potential and pushed him to the stars. His run could have been done even stronger but he got a solid time with the company and he was able to leave a lasting impression on me as a young fan personally. I always enjoyed his work and several matches he competed in during his time in the WWE standout to me and remain something I go back and take another look at. However, when you now watch his current work you have to be amazed at what he is doing and how far he has come as both a character and an in ring performer. His wrestling skills have gotten even stronger and his ability to work a captivating story welcomed with a entertaining and solid character. His feuds are far more interesting and his matches have been a heck of a lot stronger all round. For a long time now Bobby Lashley has been someone I would love to see make a return to the WWE. His MMA experience and wrestling ability now stronger means that he is an even bigger credit to the WWE and has an even bigger chance of being welcomed back with a monster of a push. In a dream world I would love to see him face off with Brock Lesnar, something I have been desperate to see for quite some time. We take a look how big the roster is now and the types of names in the WWE and there are so many superstars I would do anything to see Lashley collide with. The likes of John Cena, Shinsuke Nakamura, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and even Braun Strowman would all make fantastic opponents for Lashley not to mention that I would die to see him clash with the likes of Kassius Ohno, Aliester Black and of course Drew McIntyre (again) down in NXT. He is someone that like EC3 I can see making a return to the company in the near future. There will always  be a place for him and with so many opportunities waiting for him the WWE would be stupid not to bring him back to the company.

Johnny Mundo
And finally we have another personal favourite of mine, Johnny Mundo otherwise known as John Morrison. I will admit that as a slightly younger fan I wasn't completely sold on John Morrison and his character I was however in love with his in ring work. Not fully understanding characters and their purpose as much back then I wasn't always jumping with joy over Morrison's character and looking back now it's still not something I actually like. The character had nothing overly special and if it was to be reinvented now I most probably still wouldn't be sold. However, like I said, his in ring work has always been something I have been obsessed with. As an in ring performer he has always inspired me and when I would watch his work when I was younger I just remember really wanting to be like him. Me and my brother aspired to be able to do what he could and come on his six pack was always so damn impressive. Now, his WWE run was okay. He had several standout moments and a number of fantastic matches both as a singles performer and as part of a tag team whether it be with the Miz of as part of MNM. There are so many favourite moments and matches that come from him but his strongest work has by far come from what we saw from him after he left the WWE. I could never have predicted he would be capable of doing the things he has done and elevating his career to the level he has done so. He has without a shadow of a doubt evolved into one of my favourite wrestlers in the world today with pretty much every single one of his matches have entertained me and made me an even bigger fan of his. Since his departure with the WWE Mundo has not only proved himself even more in the ring but he has gone on to perfect a complete new character that has increased his popularity and fan base. His work in Lucha Underground has been phenomenal and we as fans have been able to see what the WWE really missed out on here with him and we can see now thanks to that he could so easily work as a top star and world champion in the WWE today. Now, I have no idea what his future in regards to Lucha Underground looks like but looking ahead there is no one I would quite like to see make a return to the WWE than Mr Johnny Mundo.

And that is my list! I honestly had so much fun writing this post and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it! As always you can let me know what you thought and who you would like to see make a WWE return by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria. 

My Top 5 WWE Superstars of All Time

Comments

Popular Posts