Smackdown LIVE Best and Worse Moments

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This past Monday the red brand delivered a fantastic episode of Monday night RAW. Jam packed full of brilliant wrestling, strong storytelling and the introduction of new superstars and entire new division they gave Smackdown LIVE a run for their money this week. Last night the blue side looked to deliver too and I have to say that by the end of the night I was equally as entertained and excited as I was by the end of Monday's show. This week's episode of Smackdown LIVE saw the build up to the No Mercy pay per view continue with Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch signing the contract for their championship bout set to take place in two weeks at that very pay per view. We also got a title match between Dolph Ziggler and The Miz and a shocking turn of events in the main event left us all questioning who really is the face that runs the place? In today's blog post I'm going to be taking you through some of the best and worse moments from this week's Smackdown LIVE. Now, I have, to be honest, I really did enjoy the show this week and I feel as though there is plenty to talk about so I did find it far more difficult to narrow it down so expect a couple of bonus points today. As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including last week's Smackdown LIVE Highlights and this week's Monday night RAW Highlights. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last night's show by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

A Not so great Contract Signing 

I'll be honest, I love a good contract signing in the world of wrestling. A sure segment to end in chaos and more anticipation for the up and coming big match, they're always something I make sure to tune into and give a good watch! Last night it was announced on the Smackdown LIVE pre-show that a contract signing for the up and coming women's championship match between Alexa Bliss and current champ, Becky Lynch would be taking place on this week's show. I tweeted out moments before Smackdown aired that I was really looking forward to this contract signing and had high hopes. However, I was left disappointed by what we were given and simply craving more. The segment opened the show which of course sat well with me, you know how much I love seeing women open the Smackdown and RAW but apart from that there was just nothing really doing it for me personally. Now, I've made it perfectly clear that I'm a huge Alexa Bliss fan, I always have been and I'm confident I always be. She's one superstar that screams potential and is clearly capable of having a fantastic WWE career and make a huge impact. Last night, however, her flaws really were exposed. As much as I love her Alexa isn't strong on the mic at all and we've seen that from her loads over the past couple of weeks and when pitted against someone like Becky who knows how to work her character so well and deliver what she needs to say on the mic so strongly Alexa was always going to be exposed here. She struggled to make valid points and deliver harsh comebacks that challenged the champion. Sure, there were some great moments where a story was being developed but it just wasn't enough. I liked the brief attack on Becky and the moment she pushed over the table but it just left me wanting more. There really was so much potential here for something much bigger to go down between the two. Becky did leave with the upper hand after forcing Bliss to run off backstage but it just seemed very weak and poorly done. I'm hoping that over the next two weeks they really focus on build something much stronger between these two women. On a side note, I have to say I really am loving Becky Lynch as champion.

The Usos are heading to No Mercy

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to be talking about the Usos so much here on my blog. The entire world knows by now that I am not a fan of these two superstars in the slightest but like I've been saying for the past two weeks these two are just killing at the moment and we really do have a lot to talk about when it comes to these former tag team champions. I mentioned last night on twitter that despite their heel turn I have zero interest in these two, which was maybe a little exaggeration. I'm still far from a fan of these two but I definitely have found myself much more entertained and interested in their work in recent weeks. Now, it wasn't all that long ago that Jimmy and Jey attacked former NXT Tag Team Champions, American Alpha during the semi-finals of the tag team tournament. Taking out Chad Gable the Usos were able to eliminate their biggest threat and go on to compete in the finals at the Backlash pay per view. After coming up short they continued to dominate last week on Smackdown LIVE once again taking out the Hype Bros. On last night's show American Alpha made their return to action and with Gable healthy again the pair looked to get a touch of revenge on the former champions. We were given a pretty decent tag team match as the opening bout of the night and I was left really entertained by the action. Now, I may be the world's biggest American Alpha fan but I wasn't too disappointed to see the Usos pick up a win over Gable and Jordan. I do really want to see American Alpha as tag team champions eventually but with the story, the WWE are telling right now I do believe the wait will be worth it. The Usos will be challenging Heath Slater and Rhyno in two weeks time at No Mercy for the tag team championships and as much as I hate to say it, I really do believe we will be seeing new champions crowned. It allows more work between American Alpha and the Usos and hopefully by the end of the year Gable and Jordan are holding those Smackdown LIVE Tag team championships. The tag division over on Smackdown LIVE is so strong at the moment and with three standout teams and storyline's and characters I'm genuinely interested in it makes me so happy seeing tag team wrestling back at the top once again.

The Miz Sends another Message to General Manger Daniel Bryan

I said it last night and I will say it again, The Miz is without a doubt one of my favorite things in wrestling today. Over the years I have spoken about him plenty both on social media and here on my blog, highlighting him as one of the most underrated and underutilised superstars of this generation. Over the past thew months, however, he has managed to capture everyone's attention with the entire WWE universe talking about him and his actions. Following that epic promo on Talking Smack a month ago, the Miz has been centre of attention over on Smackdown LIVE and rightfully so. Since winning the Intercontinental Championship back at the night after Wrestlemania, the Miz has been on fire and has done so much for a title that for a long time has gone misused and almost forgotten about. His storylines have been nothing short of entertaining and he has managed to truly become one of my current favourite WWE Superstars. Since that episode of Talking Smack, the Miz has found himself in a growing feud with Smackdown LIVE general manager, Daniel Bryan and on the show this week we really got to see that develop even more. A backstage segment between the two showed that they had come to an agreement on the terms of Miz's contract, something that has been well documented on twitter. Miz was also set to defend his IC championship once again against Dolph Ziggler in what was the match of the night without a doubt. Both Ziggler and Miz delivered a fantastic performance and the longer the match went on the more I genuinely had no idea who would be walking away as champion. Throughout the match, while Ziggler showcased his amateur wrestling background more than ever the Miz continued to send a message to Daniel Bryan, mocking the "yes" chant and mimicking famous moves from Bryans arsenal. Like I said, I found this a very entertaining match, I was left truly on the edge of my seat and with Maryse being sent to the back and all the little moments throughout this title match really did make this a stand out of the night. I was, of course, left really really happy seeing the Miz retain his championship. The way he won has left a lot of doors open. I personally don't have any interest in Dolph Ziggler and what he does but there is so much going on with Miz and his story and I honestly cannot wait to see what goes down next with him and his growing work with Daniel Bryan because I really am loving it.

Why Carmella why?

I'm a pretty big Carmella fan. I've said it loads of times here on my blog and I have spoken about her on several different occasions both on social media and here on my blog but I have to say that today I will not be complimenting the work of the Princess of Satan Island. On her first apperance on Smackdown LIVE Nikki Bella was set to go one on one with former NXT star Carmella. However, the up and coming talent did not waste any time and was sure to finally make an impact, turning heel and attacking Nikki during an in ring interview. I spoke a lot about not being a fan of the idea of Carmella going heel but I think we can all agree that it was a move much needed. Since her call up on the main roster Carmella really has been strugling to get over with the fans and make an impact. But if we take a look at what she has done since turning heel nothing really has changed. She's still not picking up a big reaction from the crowed and her actions just seem pointless and clearly having zero effect. Last night both women were set to be in action with Carmella teaming up with Natalya to take on the team of Nikki Bell and Naomi. However, the action was very minimal with Carmella once again unable to keep to the rules. Attacking Nikki yet again the match was cut short and no tag team action took palce. Now, I really do beleive a feud with Nikki Bella could be great for the early career of Carmella. Nikki is an established talent with loads of veteran expereince and so could easily teach Carmella a lot and help her massivley but everything they're doing just feels wrong. I was watching the show last night and all I could think about was why Carmella was even attacking Nikki in the first place. There's been no story, hardly any mic time for Carmella to explain her actions and I just don't understand this whole Beat up Nikki Bella campaigne she's started. I don't doubt that the pair will finally go one on one at the No Mercy pay per view but for me personally to gain an interest they're going to have to give me a little more. 

Who Really is the Face that runs the Place?

I mentioned in last weeks Smackdown LIVE Higlights posts that Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, and John Cena are killing it in the main event picture for the Blue brand. That main event match up between Ambrose and Styles at the Backlash pay per view was a highlight of the entire year and since then I have not stopped talking about just how oustanding their perfromance was. Last week Ambrose was once again a high talking point when his segment with John Cena left everyone chatting. The heat between the two and the change in attitude from Cena was a huge talking point and again, I have not stopped writing about last weeks opening. The pair alongside AJ Styles and the Miz main evented in another stand out tag team match that saw Cena pick up a much needed victory. On this weeks show a huge main event was booked with Cena set to go one on one against former champion, Dean Ambrose. Throughout the night I really was excited about this main event. I was certainly interested in seeing how things were going to turn out and what the two would be delivering. Now, I have to admit that I was honestly expecting to see John pick up this win so that kind of took away from the excitment. Every single part of me was expecting a simple victory from Cena or an interuption from Styles. However, in a shocking turn of events Ambrose was able to capatlise on a perfect opportnity
and pick up a quick roll up win over Cena. Yes, thats right, Dean Ambrose defeated Cena. Clean. I cannot actually believe I just got to type those words. The match wasn't the strongest of the night but those closing moments were so well done and I loved what followed after. With Styles making an appeance he went on the attack with Cena in his sights but it wasn't long uuntil General Manager Daniel Bryan made an apperance of his own and had a little annoucement too. With Ambrose promised a one on one rematch for the WWE World Championship Bryan announced that that rematch would be taking palce next Tuesday on Smackdown LIVE. The closing moments of the show saw Dean Ambrose as the last man standing yet again after hitting dirty deeds on Styles. Now, I will be the first to say that I freaking love Dean Ambrose. And after waiting for him to get his moment for so long it feels amazing seeing him as the man over on Smackdown LIVE. Taking out both Styles and Cena in one night and making the impact he has been making has been great to watch and he really has been leaving everyone wondering who really is the face that runs the place? 

I really did love this weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE. I felt as though there was so much left for me to talk about and a lot to be excited about. I was left even more excited for the No Mercy pay per view witch is looking to be pretty damn strong! I do think the weaker points of this weeks show did come from the women's divison but it was all around a solid show that gave RAW a run for its money. As always I would love to know what you thought of this weeks show so feel free to leave a comment bellow or drop me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria. 


Recent Blog Posts:
WWE Monday Night RAW Highlights
WWE Feuds We Need to see Over the Next Year
WWE Smackdown LIVE Highlights

Social Media Links:
Twitter
Facebook

Comments

Popular Posts