WWE Feuds We Need to See Over the Next Year

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Today I have a blog post that was inspired by a recent episode of Smackdown LIVE. Since I kick started my blog I have spent a great deal of time talking about matches, feuds and storyline's I would like to happen and today I have yet another one of that kind of posts. This week we are going to be taking a look at five WWE feuds that we need to see happen within the next year. I have to admit it was pretty hard narrowing it down to just five considering that there are so many I could talk about but remember a part two could and would always be on the cards! Also keep in mind that this is a personal opinion post and I'm sure there will be plenty of you that will disagree with some (maybe even all) of what I have to say today and the feuds we are going to be talking about. This post will not include NXT Superstars so if you would like me to write a whole other blog posts writing and talking about an NXT version. As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my most recent RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights and Best and Worse Moments. I will also leave my most recent NXT and Pay Per View Review and Reactions posts. Finally, you can have your say and let me know what feuds you would like to see happen both in NXT and on the WWE main roster by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

Baron Corbin VS Kane 

I'm kick starting this weeks special top five with the one thing that inspired me in the first place. Now today as you know we are talking about WWE feuds we need to happen within the next year and the idea for this blog post came around last week when I was watching Smackdown LIVE. I mentioned in my review for that show in particular (which will be linked bellow) that while I do think the WWE are on the right tracks with Baron Corbin he needed to be pushed that little bit further and they needed to speed things up with him. We have seen since his arrival on the main roster that he is a promising, dominate, and fearless character. His I don't give a shit attitude and desire to hurt anyone that stands in his way places him as a top contender and one of Smackdown LIVE's most promising up and coming stars. During that week Corbin main event the show taking on current WWE World Champion Dean Ambrose in what was yet another bout that showed Corbin's improving in ring capabilities and wrestling skills. Just before the match kick started the camera showed the former NXT talent having a brief moment with future WWE hall of famer Kane. The may only have passed and looked at one another but it sparked all my creative feelings. In the past, I have commented on Corbin needing to be pitted against big guys with a brilliant track record to help him get to the point of his career where he needs to be and establish himself as the kind of bad ass superstar he needs to also com across as. Kane really is the perfect man. You don't need a huge story here, keep it simple  and basic between the two and your result could end up being something pretty special. Kane has the track record and the experience to give Corbin what he needs and pass the torch on to a new face of dominance and fear on Smackdown LIVE. The former world champion is now in a place where he has the power to put over new talent massive and Baron Corbin is someone he could help big time. Hopefully, last week was the seeds being planted for this must-see feud between these two giants!

Sasha Banks VS Bayley 

Up next we have a feud that we have actually already been given over the past twelve months but one that desperately needs to see a return within the next year also. In two thousand and fifteen, Sasha Banks and Bayley took the women's revolution to a whole new level. With NXT being the home of the best women's wrestling in the world today Banks and Bayley took it upon themselves to take the expectations to bigger heights and at NXT Takeover Brooklyn the shocked the entire world with what they did in the middle of that ring. Completely tearing the house down they managed to not only put on the match of the night but one of the strongest and best matches of the year. Months later they became the first two women to main event a WWE Live special back at NXT Takeover Respect. Over a year later and I am sat here telling you all that this is a feud the WWE must come back to within the near future. With both women now competing as Monday night RAW Superstars up on the main roster and both women tightly in the women's championship picture it makes perfect sense for these two one day to meet again in the ring. It's inevitable that the pair will collide again at some point and where better than Wrestlemania. Now, I am planning on writing a full blog post talking about I would book the four horsewomen fatal four way here I'll talk about what I'm about to address in more detail. We all know that once Banks is back from her injury we will see her chasing after that title once again and with Bayley the superstar currently in the picture we have a story written itself. We have Bayley chasing for a month or so only for Sasha to come back take Bayley out of the picture to win her title back. That allows Sasha and Charlotte to feud a little longer while Bayley is off gaining momentum and taking out other women that may want to get their hands on the title before her. With Bayley building momentum once Charlotte is out the picture we can see Bayley demand a title match and get back into the picture just in time for Mania. An easy standout Wrestlemania match this is something the WWE will not want to miss out on something we all desperately need!

Braun Strowman VS Brock Lesnar 

For quite some time I have sat here and spoke both on my blog on twitter about this next dream feud that we must see happen. It's something we have all been talking about for a great deal of time and writing this blog post and not including it would be criminal! Of course, I'm talking about Braun Strowman VS Brock Lesnar. This is something over the past nine months or so has been a big talking point. Strowman hasn't been up on the main roster very long at all, we're looking at a little over a year yet he has found himself in great talks of being the man that puts an end to Lesnar's rather impressive run/streak. I'll admit that at first, I wasn't feeling it. I definitely was not one of the many people who understand and agreed with Strowman getting such a big push. The issue everyone had with him including me was the lack of information we had on him. I personally was briefly aware of some of his work. He never made an NXT televised debut but he did work many live shows/ house shows off the course of about a year or so. He also worked as a Rosebud a couple of times. That was pretty much all I knew about him and so developing some kind of opinion on him was difficult. Sure he was a big, intimidating man but the WWE have plenty of those around and making him stand out as someone worthy of getting such a big push took time for me to come to terms with. However, with time he was able to show some serious potential. Again, never really booked in many singles matches or feuds that would put him over Strowman had a huge problem, of course, getting over the fans and proving himself. His impressive spots and clear capability were what allowed me to jump on board. Now, when he was separated from the rest of the Wyatt family back at the brand split you guys will probably remember me not being all that happy about the whole thing. As a "fan" of Strowman I feared the separation from Bray and Rowan would put him into a spotlight he couldn't deal with and in a matter of time, we would be seeing him jobbing out to bigger stars on their way up to the top. However, I could not have been more wrong. Since the brand split, Strowman has been booked like a true beast. Taking out local competitors every single week he continued to dominate Monday night RAW. Yes, it one hundred percent has got to the point where it's slowly becoming boring. Strowman is in desperate need of a mini feud to prove his point but leading up to Wrestlemania next year or maybe even SummerSlam if you really want to push him Strowman should be looking at being the man that puts Lesnar in his place. We all know that whoever the man is that defeats Lesnar is getting the biggest push known to mankind. Someone like Strowman would be believable and bloody great to watch. It would be interesting seeing the story they are able to build and the direction Strowman would go in after. This is exactly what Strowman needs. Established as the true new big, nasty, beast a win or even a feud with Lesnar would put him at the top as a serious contender and the new top dog.

Apollo Crews VS John Cena 


Okay okay okay, just listen to me. I know that there will be plenty of you reading this and thinking okay....well she's lost it but let me explain. First of all, I am not expecting or in my dream fantasy booking planning seeing Cena turn heel. Despite the fact, there is still a part of me that would love to see that actually happen I'm not going to be talking about that today. The idea of Apollo Crews and John Cena working a mini feud together is simply to put over Crews and give him that damn push that he needs. I've been an Apollo Crews fan for as long as I can remember, way before he made his way to the WWE. Since he has signed however he really has struggled to get over with the fans as
much as expected and it's safe to say that he was far more over when he was working down in NXT. His problem? Character. If you were asked what Crews' character actually is all you could honestly reply with is "he's a guy that loves to smile". I've spoken about it in separate blog posts in the past but he the one man in serious need of a character change up or a little boost. A man that could help him is John Cena. Sure he has a terrible history of burying every young up and coming talent (Bray Wyatt) but he also has the ability to make someone a true star. Crews are someone that could do with his help. Now, in my dream world, we don't have to turn either of these guys heel we just give them the same thing to fight for.  What I would love to see and what we are starting to really see is more attention in the IC championship. Let's say that around Wrestlemania season maybe sooner/ a lot sooner both these men find themselves looking for an opportunity to challenge for the title. Let's pretend that the Miz is still champion at this point and  he refuses to give either of these men a title shot and tells them both to sort it out on their own. When you give two superstars the same thing to fight for at the same time things are going to get heated. It becomes an old VS new situation with Cena keeping to his promise that every new star is going to have to through him if they want to prove they are the best. The two have a couple of bouts to earn their right to get into the championship picture and after Crews finally proves his point after a thew heated segments and promos he manages to earn the respect of Cena and moves on to challenge for the title. Or, slightly less complicated, Cena at some point captures the title from the Miz, something I would also love to see which eventually leads to Crews VS Cena with Crews desperate to prove a point and walk away with his first title in the WWE. 

Social Media Links: 

Comments

Popular Posts