WWE NXT Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I'm back today with a blog post I haven't written in a long time, an NXT Review and Reactions post! Long term readers of my blog will know that these used to be regular uploads here but over time they just kind of faded out and promising they would be making a return just became a weekly part of my intros! But this week I decided to bring them back even though I was supposed to be taking the week off! I watched the show this morning after catching up on the past thew weeks yesterday and after enjoying the show so much I thought why not write a little review. I am planning on bringing these posts back full time. They are always something that go down well and I always enjoy writing these posts. I also have a little announcement; starting in October I will be bringing a new weekly series to my blog. Every Friday evening I will be uploading my This Week In Wrestling post where I will take you through some of the highlights from all things wrestling focusing more so on promotions outside of the WWE. If you have any suggestions as to what posts you would like to see then do let me know! As always any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including my WWE Clash of Champions Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks show by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

This week's episode of NXT kick started with the perfect ten, Tye Dillinger as he set out to go one on one against a personal favourite of mine, Angelo Dawkins. Since I started blogging I have written about both these superstars on several different occasions. As two of NXT's longest serving stars both men have become favourites of mine and while we still haven't seen all that much of Dawkins on TV he remains someone I continue to tell people to watch out for in the near future. On last night's show, both men sought to gain momentum at an important time in NXT and with so much potential and crowd support for both this was going to be an interesting little starter to the show. Now, the action wasn't very long at all. The match was kept short and simple but like I said, it was an entertaining little start to the show and the wrestling was neat and impressive from both Dawkins and Dillinger. Throughout the match, both men looked good with offence coming from both very early on but with Dillinger looking to keep up his winning streak and impressive run the "curse of Greatness" was unable to pick up a victory over the perfect ten and a Tye-Breaker left Dillinger picking up another victory but the night as far from over for the fan favourite who was soon confronted by the Glorious one, Bobby Roode. As announced recently the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic will be returning in the coming weeks and so every man on the roster is on the hunt for a superstar to stand alongside him in the hopes of making history following previous winners Samoa Joe and  Finn Balor. After his opening match, last night Dillinger was confronted by Roode who had a rather glorious offer. While he made it clear he doesn't believe Dillinger is a perfect ten just yet he does believe that Tye holds great potential and could be the perfect tag team partner heading into the Dust Rhodes classic. This for me was the highlight of the night. We did have a brilliant episode last night that I enjoyed massively but this segment between Roode and Dillinger was just perfect. Their two characters work so well together and the potential stories between these two are just endless and sure to leave us very entertained. I honestly cannot wait to see these two work together in the coming weeks as this little alliance is sure to be Gloriously perfect.

During last week's episode of NXT former NXT Champion Samoa Joe promised William Regal that if he didn't get what he wanted, his title back due to forfeit from current champ Shinsuke Nakamura than he was going to lay waste to the entire roster and keeping to his promise Joe made an appearance last night and well lets just say he gave the new boys in town, the Ealy Brothers a brutal welcoming to NXT. The brand new tag team were set to take on current NXT Tag Team Champions, the Revival in the hopes to make an impact weeks before the start of the Dusty Rhodes Tag team classic but it didn't take long before their moment was snatched away from them at the hands of Samoa Joe who took out both men single handily sending yet another message to general manager William Regal. Personally, I'm really loving what I'm seeing from Samoa Joe. I cannot wait to see Nakamura make a return and the rematch between these two is sure going to be a must see! Not to mention that the involvement of William Regal is just making this whole thing even better!

Over the past month or so we have seen several new faces make their way to the NXT Women's division. Wih Bayley, Carmella, and Alexa Bliss all making the jump up to the main roster a batch of new superstars have set their sights on making an impact and becoming the new NXT Women's champion. Last night two of those new faces competed in one on one action in what surprisingly one of my favourite matches of the night. I say surprisingly because I honestly was expecting this to be much shorter and far more on the side of Ember Moon. Since debuting at NXT Takeover Brooklyn Ember has been on a roll and completely unstoppable. We may not have seen much from her yet but she has made a huge impact and with the entire NXT Universe talking about her she's a firm favourite to be the women that finally knocks off current champ, Asuka. Going one on one against Tough Enough runner-up, Mandy Rose, this looked to be a simple squash match for the newcomer but the blonde bombshell sure did leave a lasting impression. If you are a long time reader of my blog you will know that I have never really been Mandy's biggest fan. Throughout her time on Tough Enough I was one of many to critique  her work and make it clear I wasn't a supporter of hers. However, last night despite my previous opinion on her Mandy seriously impressed me. It's always been clear that she has great potential but last night she really did shine brightly. Ember is a superstar who has a tonne more experience than Mandy but the tough enough runner-up was able to keep up just fine and fitted in a couple of forearms and knees that had everyone up on their feet. She didn't show any weakness at all and held her own amazingly well. She honestly managed to change my opinions on her massively in this match up alone and I can honestly say I'm very excited to see her grow and develop while in NXT. As for Ember she was just as impressive as she has been from day one. Picking up another victory thanks to that epic finisher she continues to gain momentum and make her way up to earning a title opportunity.

As we have already spoken about loads already today, the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team tournament is making a return and after the bar was set so high last year thanks to winners Samoa Joe and Finn Balor every team on the roster set to compete is out to make an impact and become early favourites. Last night we saw and heard from some of the men competing including the Authors of Pain who after taking out two local competitors made sure that everyone knew they were going to do the exact same to every other team that stood in their way. It was great hearing from Paul Ellering who is just the perfect man for the job. Without him, I honestly wouldn't have as much of an interest in The Authors Of Pain.

We have already touched on the fact that a bunch of new women have been making their way to the NXT Women's division and last night one of those new faces set out to make a huge impact following her open challenge to current NXT Women's Champion Asuka. Liv Morgan is someone I have always been a fan of. She's someone who in the very early stages of arriving in NXT showed great potential and grabbed everyone's attention very early on. In recently week Morgan has been gaining momentum by picking up varies victories on NXT TV and last week the young star challenged the undefeated Asuka in what was probably the equivalent of asking to be murdered on TV. This week Morgan got what she wanted, a one on one match against the champ however in a non-title bout. Again, the action was kept very short and simple. Liv showed that she was completely focused and determined very early on but the sheer power and experience of Asuka meant that the challenge really did struggle to get any offence going what so ever and it didn't take long until the champ was able to force Liv to tap out. I've mentioned in that past that I feel as though we don't see enough of Asuka but her year-long undefeated streak means she remains one of the most dominant superstars on the NXT roster and with no women yet to take her out and take that title away from her it could be a long time until we see a new Women's champion in NXT and Asuka dethroned.

We saw him compete this past Monday on RAW in tag team action and last night Cruiserweight Classic competitor Lince Dorado made his NXT debut going one on one against Hideo Itami. For the past thew months now the Cruiserweights really have been taking over the WWE and Lince Dorado last night proved exactly why they are the biggest talking point in the company today. While the
match wasn't the longest main event it was an entertaining one with some fantastic spots and two brilliant superstars who showed what NXT is all about. In the early stages of this match, we saw Dorado living up to his name darting around the ring and avoiding those devastating strikes from Itami, keeping the crowd loud and on their feet. However, it didn't take long for the pace to change and with Itami in control of the action those strikes were back into play and even a pretty epic Asai Moonsault was not enough to put away Hideo who since his return to action has been on fire! The closing moments were well put together with Dorado missing a shooting star press Hideo was able to take advantage and a series of kicks led to a go to sleep to end the match and give Hideo another impressive victory. The night, however, was not over and during his post-match celebration, Itami was blindesided by rival Austin Aries who finally got the upper hand on Hideo. This is definitely a feud that with time I'm growing to really like and enjoy and I do have high expectations for when they eventually go one on one.

I really really enjoyed this week's episode of NXT. I've been falling behind a little recently and I've had to do some catching up over the past thew days but I thought this weeks show was one fo my favourites since NXT Takeover Brooklyn two. Like I said in my intro, I am going to try my best to keep up with uploading NXT Review and Reactions posts so keep an eye out for those. As always you can let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
WWE Clash Of Champions Review and Reactions

Social Media Links:
Twitter
Facebook

Comments

Popular Posts