Smackdown LIVE After Wrestlemania Highlights

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So last night was the final night of Wrestlemania week, the Smackdown LIVE after Wrestlemania and what a way to close the show. With two new arrivals, a Womens Championship match, and a return there is plenty to get talking about in today's blog post and loads to be excited about. Now, I know I have written so many highlights post recently but I promise this is the last one of the week as in today's blog post I will be listing five the most talked a bout moments of the night focusing on all the positive highlights. I did this week enjoy Monday night RAW a little better but to be fair it was expected and Smackdown LIVE still managed to deliver a killer show that I honestly loved. Now, I do have some posts coming later this week talking ab out the superstar shakeup which I will talk about in more detail later on in the post. I will try and live tweet throughout NXT tonight but I'm not promising anything. Talking of NXT, I was thinking of writing more content focusing on NXT and 205 Live and so if that is something you would be interested in do let me know down in the comments bellow! For now, any recent posts will be linked bellow including my Wrestlemania thirty three and Monday night RAW Highlights posts from the past thew days. I am still planning on writing that NXT Takeover Orlando review  post for you at some point  but it might be uploaded a little later than I expected just because of how busy I have been. As always you can let me know what you thought of last nights show and every other show from Wrestlemania week by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Erick Rowan Makes Surprise Return

I'll be honest, one of the most disappointing moments of the night Sunday at Wrestlemania for me was when Randy Orton defeated Bray Wyatt to become the new and fourteen time world champion. As far as myself, everyone online and the live crowd last night goes it looks as though we are all in agreement when it comes to this topic; Bray should have without shadow of a doubt retained his title on the grandest stage of them all. He needed that big win and lets face it there is so much they could do with him as champion. Just think of the stories they could have done with him and certain other superstars. Now, saying that I can completely see why they decided to have Orton get the win. Bray and his stories are far more limited as champion and I'm sure will be very hit or miss. It's a risk. Do I agree with it? Not at all and I really really hope they will keep Wyatt's momentum high and keep him looking stronger. The show last night kick started the new WWE Champion who slowly made his way to the ring with a strong echo of boos. It was kind of like Orton was getting the Roman Reigns treatment. I wasn't surprise to see him get the reaction he got. Bray has been fantastic recently and he's massively over, the after Mania crowds are always hardcore fans and know who should really be champion and in this case its wasn't Orton. He cut a promo and moved around the ring in a way that made me want to boo him, I still find it difficult to tell who the heel in this story actually is. Anyway, Bray would join the segment backstage and would challenge Orton to a championship match with a new kind of stipulation, a house of horrors match. I won't lie, I hate these big gimmick matches but saying that, if they get this right this could be something we all sit back, swallow our  pride and admit is pretty damn epic. Or it could turn out to be an epic disaster. Both men were strong in this segment but of course it was Wyatt who stood out for me yet again. After calling out Bray to come and fight him right then and there the viper was greeted  not only  by the former champ  but a returning Erick Rowan and while I know he didn't get the worlds strongest reaction online, you guys know how much I love Rowan and trust me when I say I marked out. I have no shame. The opening was strong but Harper did come down to make the save setting up a tag team match for later on in the show. It was solid opening. A return that helped the story and got the crowd going. I mentioned it on twitter last night and I will say it again,  I believe that Luke Harper is a fantastic singles competitor and could be huge if the WWE actually invested time in him. However, he and Rowan make a  brilliant team and I would love to see them back together and the tag team champs. Plus, lets face it, the Smackdown LIVE tag team division needs them!

Naomi Retains Womens Championship Against Bliss

One of my personal favourite matches of the night saw Naomi defend her Smackdown LIVE Women's Championship against former champ, Alexa Bliss. I really did like this match. I knew that if these two women were given the time they could really put on something special and while last night didn't see the best women 's match I'd ever laid eyes on take place it was a strong opening match that the fans were into and had the live crowd chanting and into the action which is always nice to see. Both women looked strong with Bliss showing off that fantastic charisma and working the crowd as well as she always does, working on the leg of the champ. While Naomi proved why she deserves to  be champ, it was also really great to see how over she was. It really has been a long time coming for Naomi. Now, I don't know how long she will be champ. The superstar shake up is sure to see a women or two from RAW move over to Smackdown LIVE and with the chances of Sasha Banks and Emma making the move it could mean that Naomi doesn't have that super long run she deserves. However, I am hoping its a strong title run and she really is given the spotlight she deserves.

Tye Dillinger and Shinsuke Nakamura Make Main roster Debut

I mentioned in yesterday's blog post that the RAW after Wrestlemania is sure to present us with debuts. For the past few years we have seen the show include the debuts of Rusev, Paige, Neville, Enzo and Cass and Apollo Crews to name a few. During Monday's show two time NXT Tag team champions the Revival finally arrived on the main roster and what a huge reaction they got. It was one of my favourite moments of the night and I still have not stopped talking about it. Last  night was no different. The Smackdown LIVE after Wrestlemania saw two new arrivals, giving the roster the little boost that I needed and boy did I mark out like a mad women for both. Now, neither of these debuts came as a surprise. We were all expecting them both to make an appearance on the show last night but it didn't change the fact that I was so so so excited. First up we had Tye Dillinger. I have spent a great deal of time talking about the perfect ten here on my blog and over on social media. He has had such a crazy, interesting journey. Working for the WWE for several years, Dillinger is a veteran in his own right. He has heaps of experience and was down in NXT purely because of the difficulties he had working his character. For the past year he has been killing it with the perfect ten gimmick and has become one of the most over superstars not only in NXT but the WWE as a whole. Last night he finally he made his main roster debut when he opened Curt Hawkins open challenge. It actually gives me goose bumps thinking about it. The reaction he got was huge! And I could not have been happier. I cannot wait for him to make an impact on the main roster. Yes, I'm totally expecting a feud between him and  Dolph Ziggler at some point  but I am excited for him.

And the second debut was even bigger. As I started to doubt whether or not he would be actually making an appearance on the show I wasn't sure what to expect but I was not left disappointed at all. All weekend I had not stopped talking about Shinsuke Nakamura. My mum doesn't watch NXT and only really tunes into a wrestling show when shes up late, last night happened to be one of those nights and all night long I was talking about Shinsuke Nakamura and how badly I want to see him make his Smackdown LIVE debut. When the Miz and Maryse came out last night to mock John Cena and Nikki Bella ending their feud perfectly if I must say, they were interrupted   by the former two time NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura as they were heading off backstage. I literally, and trust me I'm not joking when I say I jumped up off my seat and started marking out like a made women. I did manage to contain my excitement enough to make a little snapchat but this was honestly one of the best moments of the entire Wrestlemania week for me. He had the guy come out and start playing his entrance theme and we all knew was what about to happen. It could not have been done any better. Now, I know there are a lot of people that were not happy about the fact he didn't actually do anything, no promo, no match, nothing, but I personally had no issues. Smackdown LIVE are working less time and lets face it, Shinsuke doesn't really need to do anything to make an impact. He got the world talking and everyone excited about him. I am excited to see what will go down  between him and Miz because lets be honest this is the perfect first main roster feud for him and I'm so so so excited.

AJ Styles and Shane McMahon Prepare for Superstar Switch

And my final point in today's blog post is something that I'm gonna talking about in more detail later in the week. As you all know  by now, this past Monday on the RAW after Wrestlemania show we saw Vince McMahon announce that on next weeks episode we will see a superstar switch up. The
news has got everyone in the WWE universe talking and during last nights show we got to see Smackdown LIVE commissioner Shane McMahon react to his fathers news. Talking about his match at Wrestlemania, taking the time to thanks the fans he moved on to make the bold statement that every superstar on the RAW Roster should be praying they get to come over to Smackdown LIVE. Now, on Friday I will be uploading a blog post where I will list five WWE Superstars who should not switch brands. Now, during this segment last night AJ Styles would make an appearance and would actually finally have his baby face turn. He too spoke of the up and coming brand extension mentioning that he doesn't want to go anywhere and that Smackdown LIVE is his home and the place he built. Personally, I want him to stay on Smackdown LIVE but I happen to believe he will be the one Smackdown superstar that makes the move. He would also shake the hand of Shane McMahon and a mutual respect was shown. This was one of my favourite moments of the night. You got that family feel of the Smackdown LIVE roster and it made the  blue brand feel special. Not to mention its great seeing AJ work as a baby face and it's going to be interesting seeing where his character will go whether he stays on Smackdown LIVE or moves to Monday Night RAW.

And we have finally finished with Wrestlemania season and a  brand new season has kick started. A fresh start and a very exciting time. Future post will include a full NXT Takeover Orlando review, a five WWE Superstars who should not move brands post, and a How I would Book blog post. As always you can let me know what you thought of last nights Smackdown LIVE by leaving a comment  bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
RAW After Wrestlemania Highlights
Seven Wrestlemania 33 Moments We Can't Stop Talking About

Comments

Popular Posts