Monday Night RAW Proves A Massive Point

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! So you would have realised that it's been over a week since I uploaded and with my usual schedule consisting of daily uploads from Monday to Friday some of you were probably wondering why I hadn't posted anything. I have recently decided to take the time away from blogging to focus on creating stronger and more entertaining content here for the up and coming months while also working on a few new projects which I will be talking about in more detail in the near future. During this time out I will be posting reviews here and there for Monday night RAW, Smackdown LIVE, NXT, and any up and coming pay per views and/or major live events. I'm currently writing this post at five AM UK time, struggling to sleep I thought I would get my laptop out and create something new for you guys. So, I have just finished watching this weeks episode of Monday night RAW and I have plenty to talk about. With the fallout of the WWE Superstar Shakeup still effective and the first pay per view since Wrestlemania looming the superstars of Monday night RAW looked to keep fans talking and interested in what is set to come within the following days. Now, we of course was not presented with the show of the year but there was something I did notice about this weeks show; there was a completely different feel to what we were being presented in comparison to what are used to seeing. The show was run slightly different with new superstars opening and closing the show as well as important segments that made the show that little bit more of an interesting watch for hardcore fans like myself. I don't know if I'm alone in this opinion but I honestly did feel as though this weeks RAW had a very Smackdown LIVE feel to it and in today's blog post I really want to talk about this in more detail! Grab a snack or a cup of tea (well, we're wrestling fans so lets stick to the stereotype and grab an adult beverage or a Mountain Dew) and sit back as I run you through some of the highlight moments of this weeks episode of Monday night RAW that sent a huge message and proved a massive point; that the red brand were capable of change and catering to its hardcore fanbase. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of this weeks RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria

Will the Miz Continue to Standout On Monday Night RAW?

I am fully aware that at this point I am beginning to sound like a broken record when talking about former Intercontinental Champion, The Miz. He has been such a major talking point in the wrestling community over the past nine months and for all the right reasons. The twenty sixteen brand extension allowed Miz to shine brighter than he ever has done and prove to the world why he deserves a big time push. Promos, segments, feuds, and matches put him center stage and while he's booking at Wrestlemania was questionable in the eyes of hardcore wresting fans it didn't change the simple fact that the Miz was smashing it and someone so many believed would take home the WWE Championship come the end of twenty seventeen. However, two weeks ago the A- Lister was drafted back to Monday night RAW, a decision that left so many fans worrying for the future of The Miz. After spending so long and working so hard re-establishing himself and becoming a big time name over on Smackdown LIVE the last thing anyone wanted was for him to make the move to a bigger roster where the competition was  far more stiff and the opportunities were far slimmer. I expressed greatly in recent blog post that the switch in brands is something I seriously didn't like in regards to the Miz. He's someone I believed still had a great deal of work waiting for him on Smackdown LIVE including more of his story with general manager Daniel Bryan to be progressed and a feud with the recently debuted, Shinsuke Nakamura. My biggest fear has been that he will take ten massive steps backwards and once again become an after thought in the WWE, being swallowed up by bigger names.  During the show last night however, the Miz was a focus point, something that came as a great surprise. From the top of the show to the very end he was the man we were all talking about. The WWE gave him something to run with throughout the night that tied in with whole show perfectly. While he didn't end the night standing tall (thanks to Bray Wyatt) he did remain one of the most talked about men of the night. He's performance in the main event was as strong as ever, and his over all performance of the night was perfect as per usual. Backstage segments with general manager Kurt Angle, and his opening segment with Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose allowed the spotlight to be firmly on him and boy did he own it! He really does have such a massively charismatic personality and its that that pushed him as one of the biggest stars of the night. Now, I've been watching the WWE product for a very very long time and so I know better than to go getting excited. While things may look pretty good now I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Miz thrown into a dumpster next week (we're so sorry Kalisto). I of course am hoping and praying to all the wrestling gods that the Miz is able to keep momentum at an all time high and continue to have performances like we saw last night. Let me know down in the comments if you believe the Miz will be successful on Monday night RAW or if you think he will be working as a jobber before we all know it.

Character Development is in the process For Several RAW Superstars 

If there is one thing I now so desperately want to see on both RAW and Smackdown LIVE its improvement on creating new stars and developing characters on both rosters. We have seen the blue brand take the likes of Naomi, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, The Miz, and Baron Corbin to name a few and develop their character and give them the push the need and deserve. With the superstar shakeup still working its effects we are beginning to see more changes head our way and with a fresh faces needing to step up the WWE are now looking at superstars they can elevate to the next level and give them something new. During last nights show we saw RAW take a leaf out of Smackdown LIVE's book and pay a little bit of attention to working on improving and developing certain characters, giving them the air time, push, and change up they so desperately need. The likes of Dana Brooke, The Miz, and Apollo Crews all stood out for me for different reasons. Lets focus on Apollo for now; as I tweeted out during the show, Crews is a fantastic in ring performer, there is no one in the world that could deny that. I have mentioned several times before that I was a huge fan of his work on the indie scene and when he was signed I was so happy and so excited for his future, however, since his arrival things just haven't gone to plan. He's not really over with the fans, his ring work isn't strong what so ever and a lack of time to showcase his skills means he has fallen deep into the worse part of the roster. However, he continues to be someone the WWE talk highly of and lets face it, he has some serious potential. All he needs is an opportunity. Now, he could win over the fans easily by simply being given twenty minuets in the ring with someone like Seth Rollins for example but this is the WWE and the chances of that happening are slim to none at this point. What we did take away from last nights show however is that there may be something decent in the running for him. Allying Crews with Titus O'Neil may seem like a recipe for disaster but I wan't to remain positive. Its the opening to something new and if the WWE can manage to get this right then they could be onto something half decent. It's great to see them giving Crews something new and something that could elevate him a little more. I cannot see a big push coming his way anytime soon but it's a step in the right direction at least.


Braun Strowman Continues to Impress

I know you are all probably sick and tired of hearing me talk about Braun Strowman but he just has to feature in today's blog post. Week in and week out Braun is proving himself to be one of the best there is in the WWE right now. He proves why all eyes should be on him, he proves why he deserves to be such a major talking point, more importantly he proves why he should be WWE Universal Champion. I have mentioned a great deal recently that I personally am not the worlds biggest fan of Brock Lesnar being champion. I was most certainly okay with his previous run but this time round I'm not a happy bunny. I don't enjoy part timers holding major championships or any championships for that matter. I understand the type of superstar Brock is and the impact he has on the WWE and the WWE universe but when we are living in an era where we have so many talented superstars so hungry and so deserving of being the face of the company and holding onto gold (or in this case red) it becomes very frustrating. Men such as Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, The Miz, and Bray Wyatt to name just a few would all make and have made brilliant champions and in my opinion are more worthy. I am planning on writing a blog post discussing part timers and if they should hold titles in the WWE in an up and coming blog post so keep an eye out for that one! Now, Braun Strowman right now would without a shadow of a doubt  be my pick for WWE Universal Champion if I could hand pick a current superstars to hold the title. He simply has it all. Right now he's one of the most talked about WWE superstars, he's consistent, delivering fantastic performances every single week, and he's over, and he looks like a legitimate champion. He's the only man at the moment who acts and works like a champion. This up and coming Sunday he will face Roman Reigns in a singles match and while he should one hundred percent keep his momentum going and pick up the win, knowing the WWE, the chances are very very slim. However, last night Braun continued to impress. He was another huge focus point throughout the night and he has remained one of the standout superstars of Monday night RAW. When I heard the news he was going to feature in the first ever dumpster match against Kalisto I wasn't the happiest girl in the world. It just felt like they were kind of taking the piss but I have to admit... I was actually really entertained. I was on the edge of my seat at times, I was laughing (probably not what I should have been doing) and I felt as though there was plenty to talk about. He's beat down on Kalisto was another standout of the night. No one quite does a beat down like Strowman. It was convincing, he looked like a beast, and the actions legitimately looked devastating. The match and overall segment was done very well and it did leave me more interested in his up and coming pay per view match.

More Women are Featured During this weeks Episode of Monday Night RAW

I have mentioned plenty of times already in today's blog post that last nights episode of Monday night RAW did feel like an episode of Smackdown LIVE in some areas and one of the moments that really sparked this opinion was the first women's segment of the night. I have sat here and complained about the fact we are constantly seeing the same women in action over on RAW week in and week out with the WWE failing to use its other female talent. However, during last weeks show we got to see a backstage segment between Dana Brooke, Emma, and Alicia Fox and while it was nothing major it grabbed my attention for the sheer reason we were seeing female talent on our TV screen
that were not Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Nia Jax. During the show last night, the three were back on our screen with a very very short match between Dana and Foxy. The match again was nothing special but it was a step in the right direction. It does feel as though RAW is taking a leaf out of Smackdown LIVE's book once again here. The blue brand do a fantastic job using all its female talent to its fullest, making sure every single women is involved in something and thats what we got last night with the RAW women. I also have to say that I genuinely am interested in seeing the story between Dana and Emma develop, I've personally always loved their work together. Alexa Bliss was in my personal opinion the star of the night. Her performance on the mic was fantastic as always and she proved why her she deserves the big push she's getting at the moment with her ever so captivating character and connection with the WWE universe. I do honestly also look forward to her up and coming RAW women's championship match against Bayley this weekend.

Bray Wyatt Sends a Message Ahead of Payback

I could not be happier to be closing this weeks RAW highlights post with Bray Wyatt. Some of you may remember that a couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was seriously worried about Bray Wyatt's move to Monday Night RAW. He was the massively unpredictable and surprise superstar to switch brands. I didn't feel as though he should have been moved what so ever and to be honest I still feel as though he should be working as part of the Smackdown LIVE roster considering there is simply so much more waiting for him there. However, last night he was able to close the show as one of the biggest talking points. The WWE are in a bit of a mess with Bray at the moment and I do feel as though they will be able to really get him where he deserves to be once the Payback pay per view is over and his feud with Randy Orton comes to an end. We have seen a teased feud between him and Finn Balor and its something I have expressed I most certainly have an interest in. Wyatt does have such a captivating character that he is forever evolving and what I love about him the most is that it does feel as though the mystery continues, that we still don't fully know the story that is Bray Wyatt. We saw a fantastic promo from him earlier on in the show last night which actually did the impossible and made me more excited for his up and coming match against Randy Orton this Sunday. That match is something I do have a massive interest in and something I actually really am looking forward to seeing. The promo last night was actually pretty haunting... However, what made him standout in my personal opinion was his actions during the main event. Coming out mid way through the main event he took on the role as the Miz's tag team partner and took out Ambrose and Jericho within in minuets but of course this is Bray Wyatt and after taking out the baby faces he turned his attentions to the Miz who he hit a sister Abigail on to close the show. Perfect. I loved how they booked Bray last night. I liked that he wasn't apart of the match from the beginning and I loved how he introduced himself into the match. Last night was a great indication of how over he is right now and it again also made me wish Lesnar wasn't champion...

I actually really enjoyed this weeks episode of RAW. It didn't feel as though we got any pointless segments or matches. Everything actually felt like it had a purpose and the show flowed perfectly. It wasn't the best episode of RAW of the year at all but it was an important and eye opening one. Could we be seeing a step in the right direction for the WWE's flagship show? Leave a comment bellow letting me know or drop me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts