Four Things to be Excited About this week in Wrestling

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It's Monday which of course means its the start of a brand new week and what a week we have ahead. Last week was of course Wrestlemania week where we saw NXT Takeover Orlando, Wrestlemania and the RAW and Smackdown LIVE after Wrestlemania, all shows being so massively strong. The week saw several new champions crowned, returns, and three debuts! Throughout the past seven days I have uploaded reviews for all three shows and spoke about the biggest talking points of the week. In today's blog post I want to start something new. I have the idea of a "Five things to look forward to this week in Wrestling" post for quite some time now but I haven't been too sure if its something you guys would be interested in so I thought I would test it out this week in a combination post. So today I will be combining two separate blog posts into one. The first half will be a a Last week In Wrestling post where I will run you through the highlights of the past week and the second half will be listing three main things to be excited about in the world of Wrestling today. If the post goes down well then I will be writing more combination posts and I will make the second part a regular single post feature. This Friday I have a pre posted top five post for you that I wrote all the way back in January but found over the weekend. I will be live tweeting throughout RAW, Smackdown and NXT this week commenting on the superstar shake up in particular. As always,any recent  blog post will be linked bellow including my list of Five superstars who should move and five superstars who Shouldn't move brands during tonight's Superstar Shakeup. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post  by leaving a comment  bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Superstar Shakeup

Last week during the RAW after Wrestlemania show, WWE Chairmen, Vince McMahon came down to the ring to make two huge announcements. Not only was Kurt Angle appointed the new general Manger of Monday night RAW but this week we would see a superstar shake up. Since then we have learnt that nine superstars will be moving brands and the new has had the Wrestling community talking all week long. Since last Monday night I have read so many posts/articles, listend to so many podcasts and spoke to so many friends and people online about the Superstar Shakeup and hearing everyone's response to the news has been really cool. Everyone has different opinions on who should move to RAW to Smackdown LIVE and from Smackdown LIVE to Monday night RAW. There are several names the majority of fans have agreed should move or shouldn't move but as usual everyone is thinking of different superstars. I myself have written two posts on the topic, the first counting down Five Superstars who I believe should switch brands tonight and the other listing five superstars I think shouldn't make the move. Both those posts will be linked bellow at the end as per usual. The names I have seen pop up time and time again when it comes to who should switch include the likes of the New Day, Anderson and Gallows, and Sasha Banks. Rumors of AJ Styles moving to Monday night RAW has really divided fans with half  believing its the right move, it means we can see him reunite with Anderson and Gallows and we can finally see him and Finn Balor battle it out to determine the real leader of the club. Not to mention, I myself have written a how I would book AJ Styles VS Finn Balor and that story. The other side of the argument and the side I personally am leaning more towards, strongly believe that Styles should remain on Smackdown LIVE. With Nakamura there we all want to see those two battle it out at some point. Plus if Anderson and Gallows make the much needed move to Smackdown LIVE then we can see the Club reunite. Personally, I feel as though more good will come out of Styles remaining on Smackdown LIVE and Anderson and Gallows moving. It just seems like the best option for the blue brand and the actual superstars. This is what Smackdown LIVE needs.

Overall, the Superstar Shakeup is bound to be the highlight of the week this week in Wrestling. Its actually rather unpredictable one you take out the more obvious names. You genuinely don't know who will be moving and there are sure to be a few surprises. There will be great conversation on this topic throughout the night and the rest of the week and I cannot wait to see everyone's reactions. I will be live tweeting tonight and so you can catch all my live reactions by following me over at @TezangiVictoria. I will also be reviewing the superstar shakeup and RAW as a whole in tomorrow's blog post. I have heard rumors that NXT Superstars will be included tonight however I haven't seen that confirmed and after the three debuts last week I doubt they will feature. You can let me know who you think should switch brands tonight and who you believe shouldn't by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Kurt Angle's First week as RAW GM

One of the things I'm most excited about this week is seeing Kurt Angle perform in his first week as the new active RAW general manger. Most will remember him as the Smackdown GM years back. An entertaining figure there he is sure to be just as entertaining and influential as the RAW GM and keeping fans, especially the hardcore fans interested. We got to see him in action last week after the announcement was made when he booked a number one contenders match for the Tag team championships between Enzo and Cass and Sheamus and Cesaro. However, his first proper week as the RAW Gm will be a big one with the superstar shakeup taking place. Seeing how he plays a role in that tonight is sure to be interesting and how he runs the show will determine whether or not fans will be coming  back for more more excited than usual or not. It will also hopefully spark a new feel to Monday night RAW. For far too long we have seen Stephanie McMahon dominating Monday night RAW and with her away from TV for a few weeks this should be interesting to see Kurt work his magic. Personally, I wasn't a fan of Foley's role and what he brought to the table as the RAW GM and so I'm hoping to see a new feel to Monday night RAW and to enjoy Kurt's performance as GM more. I'm also super excited to see the relationship between him and Stephanie on screen too once she returns. Again, Kurt is sure to be a big talking point during the show tonight and he is bound to make a big impact.

NXT Takeover Returns to Full Sail

THIS PART CONTAINS SPOILERS!
Last week NXT returned to full sail for a set of  tapings and I'm sure a lot of you reading this would have checked out some of the spoilers  but just in case you haven't this part of the post will include spoilers so if you don't want to know anything about this weeks up and coming show skip this part! Ok, so, this week is set to feature some big names and the next few episodes are set to be pretty damn entertaining. Aleister  Black (otherwise known as Tommy End) is set to  be in action this week. The former ICW star made his NXT debut during Wrestlemania weekend at NXT Takeover Orlando making a huge impact. The match itself was decent  but it was the character  Black himself that got everyone talking and being such a big fan of his work I cannot wait to see him continue to make an impact in NXT. There's no one else like him in the WWE right now. He has a different look, a different in ring style and he really is someone that fans will either love or hate but I'm  hoping for the best. This week he is set to make his debut at fullsail when he takes on Corey Hollis in what is sure to be a squash match.

During Wrestlemania week we saw Shinsuke Nakamura and Tye Dillinger finally get their call up to the main roster with both moving to Smackdown LIVE.  Both men will  be apperaing on the show this week to address their move to Smackdown LIVE. Dillinger will also look to conclude his feud with Eric Young before parting ways with NXT. A backstage interview will reveal a steal cage match between the two set to take place during next weeks show. As for Nakamura I'm sure most of you have seen the video footage and pictures that have been floating around online of Nakamura bidding farewell to the NXT Universe. The whole roster will send him off with Finn Balor and Triple H taking part in the goodbye's. The Revival are not set to make an appearance on the show this week.

And finally we of course have to talk about Drew McIntyre (it's going to take so long getting used to calling him McIntyre again and not Galloway). The former IC Champion made his return to the WWE during NXT Takeover Orlando where he made a crowd appearance during the show and in a backstage interview revealed he would now be apart of the NXT Roster. During the show this week you can expect him to make his NXT Debut where he will challenge another personal favourite of mine in Oney Lorcan. I've heard this was a pretty good, stiff match that closed the show. It's said he got a huge reaction from the crowd with Welcome Back chants. He also cut a promo after his match where he made it clear that he can run through the men over on RAW and Smackdown easy but NXT is where he wants to be and he will do anything to get his hands on the NXT Championship. Personally, I am so so so happy to see Drew back in the WWE. The company know they fucked up big time with him and I'm confident they will get things right with him a second time round. From the moment he left the WWE he showed everyone why they had made a mistake and proved that he has all the potential to be a huge star and that's exactly what he is now. The competition right now is so so high on NXT with the likes of Aliester Black and Kassius Ohno as well as current champ Bobby Roode but I'm sure the WWE want to make a big name out of McIntyre this time round and it's not going to be long before that title is resting on his shoulder. NXT is so hot right now and there's plenty to be excited about. With Asuka still the women's champion talk turns to new contenders for her and with Ruby Riot set to make an impact this week in debut singles match could she be up next? There really is so much to be excited about in regards to NXT.

New Arrivals and Returning superstars  Look to Make an Impact 

And the finally we need to touch on the new arrivals and last weeks returns and debuts. While Smackdown LIVE saw Shinsuke Nakamura and Tye Dillinger make their debut over on Monday night RAW not only did the Hardy Boys,Emma and Finn Balor make their returns to RAW but former two time NXT Tag Team Champions the Revival made their debut. This week all of these superstars will be looking to make an impact. All eight superstars turned heads last week and will all want to keep it that way. I can't see any of these superstars switching  brands during the superstar shakeup tonight but as I have already said, nothing would really surprise me. If anyone does move out of this lot I would probably go with Emma  but  regardless of where she goes I'm sure she will make an impact. Personally, I believe she would be  better off on Smackdown LIVE but I cans see a lot of changes coming to the women's division and RAW in particular needs something new. Hence why I'm sure she will stay where she is. Emma does seem to be pretty over right now and hopefully they continue to book her right and keep her as a main attraction. The tag team division on the other hand is on fire right now. I am expecting a lot of changes to take place with the superstar shakeup but the arrival of the Revival and the return of the Hardy Boyz does make things very very interesting and its a bout time things looked better for the division. Finally there is interest in the tag division. As far as Dillinger and Nakamura go, I'm hoping both stay on Smackdown LIVE. It's where they belong and there is no need to move them what so ever. I am interested in seeing if Nakamura makes his in ring TV debut. He did face Dolph Ziggler at Smackdown LIVE last week but that wasn't aired on TV. I am like most people hoping he starts a feud with the Miz. Miz coming out and cutting one of his ever so brilliant promos on the former NXT champion will certainly be fun to see. The direction Dillinger will  be going should be made a little more clear also.

I really do think that there is a lot to be excited about this week as far as Wrestling goes. Now, when I post these posts I will be featuring other promotions however, over the past week I've only been focusing on the WWE so I wanted to keep this a WWE edition this week. If you like the idea of this new post do let me know! I will be live tweeting throughout all three shows mentioned in today's post throughout the week. Finally you can have your say and let me know what you're looking forward to this week by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Recent Blog Posts:
Five Superstars Who Shouldn't Switch Brands During Superstar Shakeup
Five Superstars Who Should Switch Brands After Wrestlemania
Smackdown LIVE After Wrestlemania Highlights
RAW After Mania Highlights
Seven Wrestlemania 33 Moments We Can't Stop Talking About


Comments

Popular Posts