Five Superstars Who Should Switch Brands After Wrestlemania

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! I know it's been forever since I uploaded! The last post you would have seen from me was a Monday Night RAW Highlight post back on the episode that saw Bayley crowned the new RAW Women's Champion. I mentioned in that post that I was going through a lot in my personal life that I wasn't ready to talk about and after I uploaded that post. things just happened to have gotten worse and I had a lot to deal with and the last thing I was thinking about was working and uploading any posts. I did, however, try and live tweet throughout as many shows as I could and I have made sure to keep on track of most wrestling shows but I do have a lot of catching up to do. I am now ready to return to normality and get uploading posts for you as per usual. Now, I'm likely to be fully back on track n March, especially that first full week of the month with all the usual posts coming back including this week in wrestling and reviews for every WWE main show including NXT. My goal is to start writing more creative posts, I know my booking posts go down pretty well so I'm working on creating more of those for you guys over the next few months. As far as Fastlane goes, the plan is to live tweet throughout that show as per usual including the kickoff show and a Review of some kind will be uploaded on the Monday as always with the Last Week in wrestling addition of that week being uploaded on the Friday. I want to thank you all for being so kind and patient with me over the past month and I really am ready to get back on top of things now. In today's blog post I'm going to be talking about five superstars I believe should be drafted to different shows after Wrestlemania. Now, you can expect to see plenty of Wrestlemania posts coming up over the next month and this really is the start of that little series. As always you can let me know who you think should be re-drafted after Mania by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

THIS POST WAS PRE POSTED LAST MONTH

The New Day
Kick starting today's blog post are three superstars I never actually planned on talking about in this blog post at first. I originally had Chris Jericho in this blog post but you will see that he has now been moved to tomorrows blog post where I actually list five superstars I don't want to see move brands. Now, I didn't want to go over this entire blog post and change everything but I did want to change this one little part. You guys know how much I love the New Day and how much I have loved them for the past couple of years. They have been the most dominate tag team in the WWE up until recently, becoming the longest reining tag team champions in WWE history and killing it over on Monday night RAW.  However, its time for a change. More recently the threesome (interesting choice if words Victoria) have really struggled. After losing the titles their  booking hasn't been as strong  and we haven't actually seen much from them Storyline wise. A move to Smackdown LIVE is exactly what these guys need and would seriously benefit them. One of the things I have spoken a lot about recently is how amazingly well we have seen the WWE tag team division improve. The addition of the Revival and the return of the Hardy Boyz mean that the RAW tag team division is stacked and we finally have faith in tag team wrestling again as far as the WWE goes. However, the tag teams over on Smackdown LIVE have been struggling so much! With no team over as much as they should be and the storyline's beyond weak. A team like the New Day is exactly what the blue brand needs.

Kalisto
To this day I still have no idea why on earth Kalisto was not drafted to Monday Night RAW. It honestly made no sense. I can understand the decision to have Kalisto and Sin Cara on different shows but really it just made a load more sense to have him over on RAW. In fact there most certainly is a story to be told between the two former NXT Tag team champions that would have worked amazingly well for both of them. When I was taking my own notes for the draft and deciding where I would put each superstar Kalisto was one of the easier decisions and I was certain on draft night he would be heading to the red brand.One of the main reasons I was sure Kalisto would be heading to Monday night RAW was, of course, the Cruiserweight division. Now, to be honest, I could sit here all day and talk about this division and trust me I do want to write an entire blog post on it. Kalisto would have without a shadow of a doubt been an important part of the division. As a face and name, casual fans are likely to be more aware of his a touch of familiarity that the division really needed in its early days and to be honest something it still needs now hence the reason I strongly believe he should make his way over to RAW after Mania. He has a lot he could bring to the cruiserweights from a feud with Sin Cara which could, in fact, be pretty strong if the storytelling is done right and the WWE really hit the nail on the head. He'd be able to put on some fantastic matches with several superstars in the division given the time and could seriously help elevate some of the heels struggling to get as over as they should be. There is also the simple fact that there just isn't really a place for him over on Smackdown LIVE. He's not over with the fans at all and everything and everything he does gets such little response. He has without a doubt had some strong performances since the brand split, his chairs match with Baron Corbin was very impressive but what he needs is a fresh start and moving over to Monday night RAW could be exactly what he needs.

Rusev
Talking of a fresh start Rusev is someone I really want to see switch brands after Wrestlemania. He's one of the WWE misused and underutilised superstars currently on the roster and we all know he deserves a heck of a lot better than he's getting. I've said it a million times before but I am such a huge Rusev fan. I've gone on rants and moaned about the poor use of the former United States Champion and I know for a fact I'm certainly not the only one not happy with the little we are seeing of our RuRu. Two thousand and sixteen was such an interesting year for Rusev. He had a solid run as champion which in time left him winning over the fans massively and his involvement in Total Divas alongside more mic time allowed him to show a whole new side to his character. We got to see how passively charismatic and naturally funny he is and it's that has left to his fan base growing twice the size. His matches have continued to be strong and his shown that given the time he is more than capable of putting on not only great matches but gripping and entertaining storylines. However, more recently he just hasn't been doing anything worthy of paying attention to. He's been stuck alongside Jinder Mahal in a pointless and boring story with Enzo and Cass and now he's pretty much just floating around the roster with nothing to do. It angers me how poorly he's being used and I really do believe that a brand switch is what could really save him and give him that fresh start he desperately needs. Let's face it, just like plenty of the superstars I'm going to be talking about in today's blog post, Rusev is likely to get plenty more opportunities over on Smackdown LIVE. Thinking about it now there really is so much more he could do there. I would love to see him as the Intercontinental  Champion at some point and looking at the men on the roster the potential feuds we could see him in within the next year is endless and something to really be excited about. Stick him in a feud of simply a one on one match with the likes of Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, or AJ Styles for twenty minutes and you're going to get something that will have everyone talking. I do believe he really does need that fresh start and while Monday night RAW did appear to be the perfect fit for him last Summer a lot has changed and making a new home over on Smackdown LIVE now seems to be the best next move him Rusev.

Carmella 
Up next we have the only female superstar to feature in this blog post, Carmella. For me, it was easy to choose a female talent to go into this list. For me it was simple, Carmella has to switch brands at some point after Wrestlemania. She really has struggled since her call up to connect with the WWE Universe. The company have done everything they can to put her over and she's just not getting where she should be. I personally have remained a big Carmella fan from day one to now and I do still believe she has some serious potential. She is forever improving whether it be on the mic, with her character or in the ring. She's getting better and better as time goes by but what she needs is the right booking and the chance to really get herself over with the WWE Universe. I still to this day do not understand why she was not drafted to Monday night RAW in the first place so she could start working with Enzo and Cass again. It's exactly what she needed and she would have been far more over by now if they went with that move. Like I said, she does still have plenty of potential and I do believe you can save her. Move her over to RAW and there is plenty you could do with her. Keep her off TV for a bit, have her play a big part in a match Enzo and Cass are competing in, maybe something she does could result in them walking away as champions at some point that puts her back with them for a bit. Even if you don't want to go down that root with her and keep her on her own her friendship with Bayley is something that has been well documented. The pair have fantastic chemistry and last year managed to put on a pretty solid match and so having some work between those two would really benefit Carmella.

Braun Strowman 
And finally, we have Braun Strowman. When I was taking my notes for this blog post Strowman was the first man that I thought of and the first I knew for sure just had to feature in this blog post. He's someone that I have been obsessed with since the Summer of last year and I think it's safe to say that when it comes to Monday night RAW, Strowman is the man that has most benefited from the brand split. Seeing how far he has come since he was drafted is a huge deal. He most certainly is not the same man he was this time last year. He's character development has been fantastic and while there are still little areas there I'd love to see him work and improve on he has come so so far and its something we have to mention. The WWE really did do a brilliant job re-branding him and his push has been great. We have seen him also improve massively in the ring. He hasn't really worked badly since the brand split. His feud with Sami Zayn was certainly where we saw things change for the better for him. He really did grab everyone's attention and you guys will most likely remember me talking highly of the work between these two superstars. It was here things just got better for him and he was able to shine and stand out as a top superstar. This year alone he really has stepped up. His booking has been a heck of a lot stronger, he's stepping foot in the ring with bigger names and his matches have been a lot-lot better. Take that singles main event between him and Big Show. Everyone ruled that match out as one bound to be weak but both men surprised us all massively and actually delivered a match much much better than could have been predicted. Strowman continues to be a big name over on Monday night RAW and he continues to grow and develop into a big name star. Now, heading into Wrestlemania, I'd love to see him win the Andre the Giant Memorial battle Royal but after Mania, I really do want to see him maybe move onto going over to Smackdown LIVE. He has come so far but there really is only so much he can do over on RAW. His size and character and the way he has been booked means he really is limited and a switch in brands is what he needs. He really has got plenty more opportunities waiting for him over on the blue brand with so much waiting for him. I believe he is more likely to find himself in the championship, main event picture and even more likely to actually have a title run over on Smackdown LIVE. There's a story already waiting for him with Bray Wyatt which I would  love to see develop. There's fresh competition waiting for him and I really do think the move would be perfect for him in the months following mania.

And that is my little list! I will be uploading part two of this post where I will talk about five superstars that shouldn't move brands. Now, as I mentioned in the intro there are many other superstars I would like to see move switch brands including Sasha Banks, Cesaro and Sami Zayn  but I believe they are more obvious names than the ones I mentioned in today's blog post. As always, you can let me know what you think of today's topic by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Post:
Smackdown LIVE After Wrestlemania Highlights
RAW After Mania Highlights
Seven Wrestlemania 33 Moments We Can't Stop Talking About

Comments

Popular Posts