5 Current Female Superstars Who Deserve More Recognition

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's the start of a brand new month which means it's also time to kick start a new series here on my blog. Last month we dedicated four weeks to taking a closer look at the British Wrestling scene and I'm so amazed at the reaction! You guys loved the posts from last season so much and it really has inspired me to continue with these monthly seasons. I've already mentioned that these will be taking place every two months here on my blog so there is plenty more seasons to come. This month we are going to be taking a look at the women's division in the return of Women's Wrestling season. In the past I have focused a lot on the WWE women's division and it was around a year ago that I hosted my first Women's wrestling season here on my blog and because it went down so well and I had so much fun writing it I thought I would come back this year with part two! So over the next four week's I'm going to be taking an in-depth look at women's wrestling and this time we are also going to be focusing on promotions outside of the WWE! I have a bunch of exciting, fun posts coming up that I cannot wait for you guys to read and this will be the first post in the series. In today's blog post we are going to be taking a look at some of the most underrated women in the WWE today. This list will include female talent from RAW, Smackdown LIVE, and NXT. The women featuring in this list have all been making an impact since their arrival in the WWE, however, I personally believe that they deserve way more attention! This is a post I'm very very passionate about and I cannot wait to read your reactions. As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow and finally, you can let me know who YOU think is the most underrated female superstar by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

THIS POST WAS PRE POSTED IN JANUARY. AN UPDATED VERSION WILL BE POSTED NEXT MONTH

Alicia Fox
Alicia Fox is a veteran in the WWE Women's division. Apart of the WWE for ten years, she has pretty much seen it all. Her career started out as a wedding planner in a storyline with Vickie Gurrero and WWE Hall of Famer, Edge. Her career, of course, didn't stop after a cheeky kiss with the rated R superstar and Foxy would go on to compete in singles action later in her career. One thing that Alicia has always shown is fantastic capability. She has always showcased her talent to a high standard and no one not even in her early days could deny the fact she had talent and serious potential. However, despite all the different angles the WWE has put her in she's never managed to create that connection with the fans she has needed to really make it to the top. She is a former Divas Champion and has stepped in the ring with some of the best names the division has had to offer, from the likes of Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and Melina. She has been a part of some decent storyline's here and there and several matches have allowed her to at least she what she is capable of but it's just not been enough.The WWE have never pushed to the place where she deserves to be and there has always been another woman to step in and take the place at the top ahead of Alicia. In recent years Foxy really has struggled and the addition of new talents such as Sasha Banks, Charlotte, and Nia Jax hasn't helped what so ever. Her involvement in the Divas revolution was weak and she was without a doubt the most forgettable superstar in the mix. Her place didn't feel right in team Bella, something that I personally feel should have gone to Eva Marie (I can totally justify that). There have been so many opportinues the WWE could have jumped on and made Alicia a star and with so many new talents still coming up to the roster now there continue to be opportunities to push Foxy and place her in matches that will finally allow her to shine and show the WWE universe what she's really capable of.

Nia Jax
Up next we have a superstar you guys have seen me talk about many times before, Nia Jax. Saying I'm a Nia Jax fan is a slight understatement. From the moment she debuted for NXT I was completely captivated. There is no other women in the WWE today with her look and in-ring style. Her capabilities in the ring and what she can do to her opponents is something no other women can touch right now. However, Nia Jax is someone I'm constantly reading hate about and I have to sit here once again and defend her. I will admit that when she first arrived on the scene it was clear she needed a lot of cleaning up to do in the ring. She needed to showcase more to her move set and prove she could carry a storyline but many do forget NXT is after all the developmental territory and Nia Jax is someone that really did use that and use NXT to grow and develop as a character and a performer. Regardless of how you feel about Nia, you cannot deny how far she has come since her debut in NXT. She's faster in the ring, she's more confident in her character, and she is now able to showcase far more in the ring than she was two years ago. Of course, as I write this post she does have more to work on. She needs to focus on winning over the fans and proving herself. How does she do that? First of all the WWE need to book her even stronger. Let her put superstars through barricades, tables and god knows what else. Now, I'm pre-posting this in January and at the moment there is plenty of potential for the WWE to do something strong with Nia. They really could use this to allow her to gain some momentum and pick up a big win. Of course, she's likely not to have won the entire feud but a single win over Banks and a couple of crazy beat downs would be fantastic for her. They've already missed out on an opportunity. The night this feud started Nia could have beat the living crap out of Sasha but she hardly did a thing and this is where they are going wrong with her. If you want us to believe Nia is some kind of dominate monster than you have to showcase her as one. I do believe that at some point this year she will be championship material and I really do hope we can see her win over the fans.

Summer Rae 
Summer Rae is another WWE Superstar I have spoken a lot about over the years both her on my blog and over on social media. I have mentioned time and time again that I believe she is an extremely underrated talent and someone who really does deserve more respect from both the WWE and the fans. In all fairness, however, the WWE universe have at times over the past twelve months expressed a demand for more Summer Rae and its about time. Without her, the women's revolution really would have been missing something. I still to this day believe that the women's revolution kick started in NXT, I don't think anyone can deny that and if we go back far enough it was Summer Rae who made talents such as Paige, Sasha Banks, and Charlotte. She gave Paige one of her best feuds/storylines's in her career and formed the first female "faction" in NXT including Sasha Banks and Charlotte. It's safe to say that without her there wouldn't have been a women's revolution in the first place. She has always shown great potential. She clearly has talent in the ring. That's not me sitting here and saying she's the same level of Banks and Charlotte but she's decent enough and her charisma is enough to pull her through a great storyline and a couple of solid matches. Why the WWE have not jumped at the chance to push Summer I don't know. She plays the bad guy perfectly and a couple of matches on Main Event and Superstars have shown she can also work as a babyface too. She has been dealing with an injury over the past thew months but I would love to see her bounce back and finally used properly in the WWE.

Carmella 
Just like most the women I have already spoken about in today's blog post, Carmella is a superstar I have been a fan of from day one. If you have been following me for long enough you will remember I was super excited for her debut and I spoke about it plenty of times over on twitter. When she finally arrived on the scene I was not disappointed at all and I have been obsessed with her ever since. When she first aligned herself with Enzo and Cass I wasn't too sure how long it would last for. While Enzo and Cass were clearly big baby faces Carmella always had a heel vibe and there was always the feeling that she was going to turn on them. However, eventually she really did become a fantastic part of the tag team and the trio would grow to become one of the most popular things in NXT history. Her involvement was huge. From her backstage work to what we saw from her at ringside was great and she without a doubt won over the NXT fans. Over time she did slowly start to break away from her boys, chasing after the NXT Women's division and in all fairness she did put on some solid performances. Her best match to date is still her one on one championship bout between Bayley. She proved down in NXT that she was massively over with the fans, seriously charismatic, and clearly had great potential. However, the WWE made a huge mistake when they called her up to the main roster back in the Summer of last year when she was the last Smackdown LIVE draft. Now, the issue I always had with the paths they went down last year was splitting up Carmella from Enzo and Cass. I honestly don't believe it was the best decision to this day. They could have easily had her turn on them eventually and go her own way but the timing was completely wrong last year and they never should have put them on separate shows. It was clear from the first night she appeared on Smackdown LIVE that she wasn't over with the fans and since her debut fro Smackdown LIVE it's been a struggle getting her to pick up any reaction from the fans. Personally, I don't understand why she shouldn't be at this point. I do think the wrong move was made but since she turned heel she has been on fire and honestly, in my opinion, one of the standouts of the Smackdown LIVE women's division. She really did prove herself on the mic and as a character throughout her feud with Nikki Bella and I honestly do believe she deserves more from both the WWE and the fans over the next year.

Peyton Royce
And finally, we have NXT's very own Peyton Royce. Over the years I haven't written all that much
about Peyton Royce. I've mad it clear in the past that I have always been a bigger fan of Billie Kay. However, over recent months my opinions have changed a lot and I really have grown to become a big Peyton Royce fan. Now, as I said this is a pre-posted blog post and so I don't know where Royce will be at this point when this post is uploaded but I just had to include her in this blog post today.  When she first arrived on the scene I was much much more aware of Billie Kay but Peyton was someone I wanted to see more of. She never truly captivated me massively at first and that was down to her character and how she was coming across. She showed that she had amazing potential in the ring and she was someone I knew that the more I saw of the more I would grow to love her and that's the point I'm at now. It took me ages to jump on board with her character but once she really aligned herself with Billie Kay and they began to make an impact on the roster as the mean girls of the division I was hooked and I wanted to see more and more of her. She has over the past four months or so come a long way. She's picking up more of a reaction from the fans but I do believe she is someone that deserves in more and I hope that this year brings her a lot of success. There is plenty of storyline's for her in NXT and I'm confident she will have a standout match this year.

And that's it! That's my little list for today. As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow and finally, you can let me know who YOU think is the most underrated female superstar by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Smackdown LIVE Hits Back in Superstar Shakeup Part 2
Seven Biggest Talking Points Following WWE Superstar Shakeup Part 1

Comments

Popular Posts