My Seven Favourite Mae Young Classic Competitors

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have had a great weekend! As we kick start another week I'm hoping to have another set of seven days where I upload every single day. It felt so good to finally get back on track and have uploads all week. After going so long struggling with uploads, coming up with new post ideas, and dealing with everything going on my personal life it was amazing to have shit together finally! This week I'm hoping to have a repeat as I have a set of brand new post coming your way including, RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights article, part two of my top ten WWE superstars of the year so far, and my Battleground last minuet predictions which should go up on Friday evening/ afternoon depending on how my day plans out. As for today however, we are going to be focusing on all things women's wrestling. Last week the WWE introduced fans to the thirty two women competing in the Mae Young Classic this Summer. Don't worry, I'm not going to be spoiling  any of the results! Personally, I don't even want to know what the results from the shows from the past few days were, I'd match rather it be a surprise and be able to enjoy each match without knowing the end result. What I am going to be doing today is taking a look at my top seven competitors. Usually, I write top five articles but looking at the names competing this summer there were just too many women I wanted to talk about it was hard enough narrowing it down to seven names let alone five! I am going to be writing plenty of content focusing on this tournament including a full review after each show and an overall thoughts post at the end of the whole thing. Remember, that there are plenty of other names I would have loved to have spoken about today and I'll be giving them a little mention right at the end of today's post. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know who your favourite for the win is by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Mia Yim

Kick starting today's blog post off is Mia Yim. Before we get started let me just make it clear that throughout this post I'm going to be referring back to a lot of talents I have spoken about before her on my blog and over on social media, Mia Yim being one of those names. She's someone who over the past four years or so I have briefly spoken about here in previous lists and a little over on twitter. Looking at the line up in the tournament Mia is easily a fan favourite and I just had to include her in today's post. Known for her work in Shimmer, Shine, and TNA, Mia has made appearances in recent years  for the WWE including a couple of matches over in NXT. While I highly doubt she will walk away with the win she is a women I am expecting to make a huge impact and one of the talents likely to make her way to joining the NXT roster within the next year or so. Since finding my love again for pro wrestling it was about six years ago I cam across Mia Yim and ever since have been hooked on her work. Going back and taking a look at her older work and paying attention to her more recent stuff its clear that she is one to watch. One of the names more popular amongst fans around the world, Mia is walking into this tournament with popularity on her side and a great deal of fan support. Not only is she one of the most dominant women in wrestling today with a skill set that will keep you hooked on her in ring work she's also a domestic violence survivor and her story is one that will have men and women around the world desperate to know more about her and respect her even more. At only twenty eight years old Mia has already achieved so much in her career and with so much time left for her to explore that career and achieve even more its clear that she has a huge future ahead of her regardless of what happens during this tournament. What I'm hoping is that she is pitted against an opponent in that first round that pushes her and allows Yim to showcase her phenomenal in ring talent and versatility.

Kay Lee Ray

Up next is yet another woman I have spoken about plenty of times here on my blog. You may remember that back in January I dedicated an entire month to British Wrestling and during that month I wrote a post talking about five female British Wrestlers you should know and if you read that post (link will be bellow at the end) You will know that Kay Lee Ray was one of the women that was heavily featured. As one of my favourite women's wrestling in the world today I can honestly say that heading into this tournament Ray is a total favourite and possibly my number one pick for the overall win. Again, I have my doubts about her actually winning the whole thing, with the competition being so stiff thanks to the crazy talented big names we have competing it's hard to imagine the little Scottish girl can take home the big one, however, I do also believe she is one of the underdogs in this tournament. Reminding me of last years Cruiserweight classic winner, TJ Perkins, she too is entering this tournament with not the biggest following but a strong enough one to keep her going throughout. It was clear during last weeks little ceremony that she is one of the most popular talents competing after that amazing crowd reaction and we can expect her to remain a favourite. It's her fans support, talent, and unique style that gives her an advantage will have her remaining at the top throughout. Talking of that unique style there really isn't another women in this classic that is bringing what Ray is bringing to the table. From her bright red hair to her high flying extreme in ring style she stands outs massively and has already had fans around the world talking. While she may not have appeared on TV world wide making this her biggest platform to date she has a style that will connect with fans of all ages and talent that will have everyone wanting more. As the current ICW Women's Champion she knows exactly what it takes to make an impact and what that top spot feels like. Some of you may be aware of her brief work in TNA and previous squash matches for NXT including a one on one against Nia Jax where she again appeared to be popular amongst the NXT universe. Throughout her career she has faced off against some huge names including Viper now known as Piper Niven and also competing in the tournament, and this summer the thought of her competing in dream matches against the likes of Candice LeRae, Tessa Blanchard, and Kairi Hojo leave me very  very excited! Whether you are aware of her work or not however, Kay Lee Ray is someone you are all going to want to keep your eyes firmly on this summer as she looks to be heading into a stacked tournament an easy fan favourite!

Kairi Sane

Considering as we just mentioned her lets focus our attentions on yet another huge fan favourite in Kairi Sane. Previously known as Kairi Hojo this is a woman that is considered to be a massive favourite in the Mae Young Classic following her insanely impressive career over in Japan and huge popularity amongst fans all around the world. Recently signed with the WWE it's clear that Kairi will be making an appearance for NXT TV at some point within the next year joining a stacked roster there but right now the focus is on this summers tournament and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Kairi Sane could so easily walk away with the big win at the end. Any article or video you read about this tournament will mention Sane is one of the most likely competitors to walk away with the win and I strongly support everything I have read and watched that claims this. Personally, I'm not as clued up on her work as others but I have in recent weeks done extra research on Kairi and adding that to knowledge I already had on her there no denying that her chances of walking away the winner here are massively high. At only five foot one she is one of the smaller competitors but do not let that fool you at all! Kairi Sane is one of the most impressive, skillful and dangerous female wrestlers in the world today and her elbow drop is one of my favourite things in wrestling full stop! Her shots look absolutely killer and her move set is something that will have you completely hooked from start to finish. It also makes her the perfect opponent and over the years she has faced off against several names also competing in this tournament including  Toni Storm and Santana Garrett. I cannot wait to see the impact she makes during this tournament and whats to come to her after the summer. There is no doubt that her popularity is about to increase massively and at the moment if I was to bet on a winner I would have to go with the one and only, Kairi Sane.

Tessa Blanchard

Tessa Blanchard is a women I have also spent a lot of time obsessing over and writing about here on my blog and across social media. However, it was until up about a year ago that I actually became such a big fan of her work. Prior to that I had been aware of her and watched matches of hers against several different opponents but it wasn't until I did more research and started paying more attention to her matches that I became such a big time fan of hers and now as we enter the first ever Mae Young classic Tessa Blanchard is named one of my for sure favourites in the tournament. Throughout the past four months or so in particular I really have been going back and looking at some of Tessa's best matches and it amazes me that the WWE haven't snapped her up and made her the face of their women's divison by now but at only twenty one and so early into her career the company have plenty of time to use Tessa to their full advantage and give her the top spot she so rightfully deserves. As a third generation talent Tessa knows what it takes to make it big in the world of her pro wrestling. The daughter of WWE Hall of Famer and Four Horsewomen member Tully Blanchard and the granddaughter of Joe Blanchard, Tessa has an impressive bloodline, a family full of amazing talent. While she only debuted in two thousand and fourteen Tessa has already made a huge impact and moves around the ring like a ten year veteran already. Taking on some of the biggest names in wrestling today including boyfriend Richochet and fellow Mae Young Classic competitors including Kimber Lee (Abbey Laith) Blanchard has proved herself time and time again taking part in some of my favourite matches of the past year and its her track record that has me certain that she will for sure be one of the best all round performers in the tournament. I'm confident she will be apart of the best matches of the tournament this summer and while she may not get the win over all I do believe she will make an impact just like the likes of Cedric Alexander did during last summers tournament. However, I honestly do feel as though she is another underdog and has a high high chance of taking home the big win and becoming one of the biggest names in wrestling over the next year.

Shayna Baszler

Okay, so I may just be a tad in love with the next women featuring in my blog post today. I've said it a million times before and my friends will know that I have literally been obsessed with this women for the past four years or so and has become literally one of my biggest crushes! Focusing on the actual wrestling now and not the fact I want to marry this woman, Shayna is one of the older women competing in the tournament at thirty six years old and is bringing a great deal to the classic this summer. Without a shadow of a doubt one of the most popular names competing she is another huge fan favourite. Known for her role as part of the four horsewomen of UFC, Shayna is easily one of if not the toughest women in this tournament. With a UFC/MMA background this is a women to fear in the ring. Her transition into pro wrestling has appeared to be seamless as the current reigning AIW Womens Champion, IndyGurlz Australia Champion and PREMIERE women's champion, Baszler is paving the way and making a huge impact in the world of professional wrestling proving to be a hugely talented athlete and phenomenal influencer for women all around the world. She has dedicated so much time to crafting her style in the ring and it shows massively. Regardless on whether she leaves this tournament as the winner or not Shayna is bound to make a big impact over the summer and get heads turning and people talking. Already so popular this is a chance for fans who haven't seen her inside a wrestling ring to see what she is made of and for her to really prove herself to those who have ever had any doubts. As a close friend and helper of the likes of Natalya and Nikki Bella this is a women who knows her shit and honestly, the thought of her colliding with the likes of Kairi Sane in this tournament has me very excited!

Piper Niven

Up next, another women I have spent a lot of time talking about, Piper Niven, otherwise known as Viper. Also featuring in that same post I mentioned earlier where I listed five Female British talents you should know, Viper of course being on of the huge names I had to mention. Since appearing on TNA British Boot camp she has been out to prove everyone wrong and make her stand in the world of pro wrestling and that is exactly what she has done. Since around two thousand and fourteen Viper, now working under the ring name Piper Niven has worked her way up the ladder and earned the right to be names one of the most promising talents on the scene right now. Working brilliant matches and storylines with the likes of Kay Lee Ray, Little Miss Roxy, Toni Storm, and so so many more, Piper is a talent we should all be talking about and after this tournament I really do believe she will be a household name around the world. She is heading into the classic as the biggest competitor however, with names such as Sage Beckett, Kavita Devi and more she is going to face some tough competition. What I'm hoping is she really is given the time to show the world what she can do and really make an impact. Over the years Piper really has been apart of some great matches including a favourite of mine which sees her face off against fellow Mae Young Classic competitor Toni Storm. If she is given around fifteen minuets she really will be able to get heads turning and finally prove that she belongs here and has what it takes to be a big big name in this industry especially here in the WWE. I'm so so glad that she was added to this tournament and I'm really excited to see what she brings to the table and the impact she makes this Summer! Hopefully this is the start of new and exciting things to come for Piper Niven.

Candice LeRae

And finally, we have everyone's favourite, Candice LeRae. Yet another women I have written about before her on my blog and over on twitter in particular I am over the moon that she has finally been given the chance to showcase her skill on a WWE product. There is no one watching tournament that doesn't have Candice LeRae down as one of their favorites and rightfully so! This a women that has been making a huge impact for years and its about time she is finally given the chance to shine and take a spot at the top. For so many years fans all around the world have sat and expressed their love for Candice and made it clear that she belongs to be in the WWE at the top of the divison. It's crazy to think that the company haven't signed her up by now and pushed her to the stars but it's better late than never and I strongly believe that are about to see the era of Candice LeRae really kick start. The wife of Johnny Gargano, the two have stepped in the ring against one another in the past and
delivered a wrestling masterpiece but its not just her husband Candice has put on phenomenal matches with, the likes of Joey Ryan, The Young Bucks, and Adam Cole to name just a few not to mention fellow Mae Young Classic competitors she has squared off against in the past. At thirty one years old, Candice is a well experienced talent has exactly what it takes to not only make herself look good but any and every opponent she faces.  Time and time again she steps into the ring proves to be one of the best in the world, full of potential and resume that is beyond impressive. Looking at the women in this tournament there are so many potential matches that excite me and the thought of Candice clashing with the likes of Kay Lee Ray,Piper Niven, Kairi Sane and Sheyna just to name a few is a beyond exciting prospect. Not to mention that my dream final match in this tournament would be Candice LeRae vs Tessa Blanchard. Those two, give them over twenty minuets and we're so easily having a potential match of the year candidate on our hands. I do believe that this is a potential finale and I do believe that with her following and talent Candice is a huge favourite to be in that final and win the tournament!

And that is my list! I'm honest so so so excited for the Mae Young Classic and I'm looking forward to writing about it more over the next few months. There were other women I wanted to feature in this post including Santana Garrett, Bianca Blair, Sarah Logan, Taynara Conti  and more but I am planning on writing another separate post where I talk about them in more detail also! Over the next month I am going to be avoiding all spoilers! As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know who your favourite for the win is by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts