9 Wrestlers I'm Completely Obsessed with Right Now

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! As I mentioned in last weeks posts and throughout the weeks this week I really want to shake things up a little here on my blog and bring you brand new new and exciting content. That includes cutting down on the amount of reviews/highlights posts that I upload which is something I have been working on. As you would have seen I have now decided to merge my RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights post into one and every Wednesday there will be a Best of RAW and Smackdown LIVE post to look froward to. I'm also keen on uploading more creative How I would book posts and new list articles that feature wrestlers from both in and outside of the WWE. So keeping all that in mind today's blog post is going to be another top seven however, as I just mentioned, I want to start writing about stars outside of the WWE and so that brings me to today's little post and this is something I have wanted to write for a couple of weeks now but just haven't had the time up until now. I have being paying extra attention recently to promotions other than the WWE and there have been a number of wrestlers that have stood out for me and in today's post I want to spend some time having a good old chit chat about them. Before we get started I just want to mention that there are a couple of WWE guys that will be featuring in this post but that's simply because I have gone back and re watched some of their older matches that date back to way before they joined the company. I am going to be uploading more posts like this so if you are a fan of these and would like more content that is centered around other promotions outside of the WWE then do let me know! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including parts one and two of my top ten WWE superstars of the year so far. Finally, you can let me know who you are obsessed with in the world of pro wrestling by leaving a comment down bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Will Ospreay 

As I take a look at my notes right now, Will Ospreay isn't actually a name I have written in my notebook to feature in today's blog post but he most certainly is someone that deserves to be. Recently, I have been going back and taking a look at some of his work from the past year and he really has been so amazing to watch. Why I didn't write his name down in my notes I have no idea but he's the very first name that just came to mind and I have to include him. Now, it's borderline impossible to be a hardcore wrestling fan and not be aware of the man that is Will Ospreay. For the past year and a half to two years he has been one of the fasts rising stars on the wrestling scene and has been impressing fans and big names in the industry massively and at only twenty four its crazy to think he has achieved so much and made the impact he has made so soon. Now, I've been aware of Ospreay for a while but it's only been recently that I have gone back and really paid extra attention to his matches and storyline's since his debut in the industry. Already, Ospreay has stepped in the ring with some of the best names in the world of pro wrestling including British talents such as Marty Scrull, Drew Galloway, and Jimmy Havoc and international stars such as Ricochet (who will also be featuring in this list), and Kushida to name just few and all of those matches have been huge hits getting everyone talking. His match up against Ricochet at last years Best of the Super Juniors was one of the best matches of twenty sixteen and one of my personal favourite matches of the past ten years. While it was a match full of a lot of flippy shit (something my friend always says about this match because he's simply not a fan of that style) it was exactly what I love and what I look for in a match. The pair have brilliant chemistry and its a match I have gone back and re watched so many times before. What has always stood out for me when it comes to Will is he's ability to push his character and work on improving it more and more every single time he steps in the ring. He makes a great baby face thats easy to get behind but he's heel work is what I really love and enjoy watching. He makes a brilliant bad guy. From his swearing to his facial expression to the in ring psychology. He knows exactly how to make you hate him but his in ring performances always leave you wanting more and right now I cannot get enough of the British star! He's so fun to watch and if you haven't checked his work out by now go and do it!

Kenny Omega 

I knew it, you knew it, Kenny Omega was going to feature in this list. He had to. No one has quite got everyone talking like this man. For the past nine months to a year, Kenny Omega has been one of the most talked out men in the crazy world of professional wrestling thanks to his cool entrances, entertaining tweets and phenomenal matches. Of course, I have been aware for Kenny for a while but it was singles match against Kazuchika Okada that be completely mind blown and even bigger fan than I already was. After watching their Wrestle Kingdom eleven match back at the start  of the year I have been filling my life with all things Kenny Omega. The thirty three year old has had the world talking about him following this match and his previous work has all come into play. Since Wrestle Kingdom eleven he has continued to impressive and deliver five star matches that have showcased him to be one of the best in the world.  As part of the Bullet Club his work with the likes of the Young Bucks (two more talents I'll be talking about in more detail soon) has elevated Omega and contributed to the reasoning of why he has become such a huge household name. I say household names because honestly, I have friends who only really watch WWE but know so a great deal about Kenny Omega and his work over the past year in particular. Now, I know there are a lot of fans that would love to see him go over to the WWE but personally I'm not sure I want it just yet. I understand that hes not the youngest and trust me I do want to see him join the roster at some point because he really does deserve plus there is totally a place for him thee but I'd love to see him finish the year on the indies still working in Japan slowly working his way through and competing for companies such as ROH and more here and there before reaching to the WWE and in the early stages of twenty eighteen I would love to see him finally join the company. As for now, I'm really enjoying going back and taking a look at his previous and current work and trust me when I say he is worth the stupid amount of hours I spend in front of my laptop watching him.

Tessa Blanchard

Okay, so I know I have already spent some time talking about this new talent this week but I have to include her in this list. As part of the my Top seen Mae Young Classic competitors I have already featured Tessa in another post this week (which will be linked bellow) but she really was the women who inspired me to write this post in the first place and I just have to write about her again today. Now, I'm gonna try and not repeat myself too much from Monday's post but if you read that then you most certainly have a n idea of how much of a big fan I am of Tess. It was writing that post that I only then learned that she's only twenty one which is crazy! To think shes only a couple of years older than me and she's just killing it right now. Its bold statement to make but I honestly do feel as though Tessa Blanchard is one of the best female wrestlers in the world today ranking in the top ten at least.I know there may not be as many fans that know of her work but since debuting in the ring back in two thousand and fourteen she has been killing it! Making her way up the ladder Tessa has been proving herself time and time again  and if you were to look at her in ring work right now you'd believe she's a ten year veteran. Sure there are parts she needs to work on and clean up but overall Blanchard is fantastic talent and over the past month in particular I really have enjoyed going back and taking a look at her matches. Throughout her early career Tessa gas faced some of the best names in the industry including the likes of Kimber Lee, Bea Priestley, Rachel Ellering, and boyfriend Ricochet to name just a few and in every single one of those matches Tessa has been beyond impressive. I have't personally paid much attention to her character work so I can't really comment on that but the third generation talent has been making a huge impact and being so young there's just so much more left to see from her and her growth in this industry. Tessa looks to be competing in  the Mae Young classic this summer and I haven't had a look at any of the spoilers so I have no idea how shes doing but shes one of the women I'm  firmly behind and you can have a look at who else I'm backing in that tournament by clicking the link to that post at the very end.

Pete Dunne

Up next we another Britt and the current WWE united Kingdom Champion. Okay, so I know I said I wouldn't be talking about WWE guys but technically Dunne isn't just a WWE guy and I really wanted to include him in this list. When I was taking a look at my list I realised that actually there really are a lot of British stars I wanted to talk about in this post. I did dedicated the entire month of January to British Wrestling but since then things have only been improving with more people paying attention to the British scene and the wrestling here just massively growing in popularity and getting better and better. Part of the reason why this has happened is the WWE United Kingdom championship tournament. Now, lets just make it clear, the WWE are not fully responsible for shining a light on British wrestling. Throughout the past couple of years its been promotions such as ICW, Progress and WCPW to name a few that have brought British Wrestling back to life. One of the names on the scene fans around the world have been completely obsessed with is the bruiser weight Pete Dunne. Where do I begin? This year alone I have spent so much time talking about this guy and I honestly never grow bored of doing so. He is forever giving us reasons to be talking about him and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that he is one of the faces of pro wrestling as a whole right now. He's the man the world cannot stop talking about and he is forever showing us why. Dunne has always had a loyal following thanks to his captivating character and phenomenal in ring talent but it was during the WWE United Kingdom championship tournament that we saw his fan base grow ten time stronger. Making a huge impact in the space of only two days Pete Dunne gave everyone a reason to be talking about him. While he didn't walk away with the win on the night of the final he did compete against the then nineteen year old Tyler Bate in the finals which honestly was one of my favourite matches of the night, he did however make the biggest impact. From attacking Sam Gradwell to his antic with William Regal Pete Dunne was a huge talking point and by the end of the first night it was clear that a brand new chapter in his career had kick started and twenty seventeen was going to be a huge year for Dunne. True to word, Pete has been crazy dominant this year. He's forever producing killer matches including his title match against Tyler Bate back at NXT Takeover, a match that is being considered the best WWE match of the year so far. He's work across the UK and around the world this year has got everyone wanting more from Dunne and with the United Kingdom Championship firmly around his waist things do not look to be slowing down any time soon for Dunne.

Ricochet 

And finally, finishing off part one of this post is the one and only Ricochet. So, I have already spoken a little about Ricochet but I'm sure you all would have expected him to feature in this post regardless; he's someone I have been talking about a lot on social media and occasionally mentioned here on my blog making it perfectly clear that he is one of my favourite professional wrestlers in the world today and I'm sure I'm not only there. For the past few years in particular Ricochet has been making a huge impact and the world has not stopped talking about him. At twenty eight years old Ricochet is still so young and yet has earned the right to be named one of the best for sure ranking in my personal top ten wrestlers in the world today. Everyone I walk to mentions their love for him and rightfully so. There are so many matches you can back watch and say contribute to why he is such a big name and personal favourite to so many. From his work across the UK to his work in Japan all the way to the stuff we saw from during his time in Lucha Underground. In fact it was watching Lucha Underground where I first became a fan. Prior to then I had heard his name before and seen matches here and there but I was far more focused on the WWE and Ricochet was a name I wasn't really looking at a lot. However, as I became a bigger Lucha Underground fan it became clear that Prince Puma was an early favourite and someone I could not stop talking about. Every week I was excited to see more from him and his matches with several other Lucha Underground stars including Rey Mysterio had me completely hooked. During this time I was also checking out his older work and I realised that every single week whenever I was watching him compete he was a man that was putting on stellar performances and some of the best matches I had seen in a long time. Of course we have already touched on his work with Will Ospreay but again those matches and matches against the likes of Kota Ibushi really have shown Ricochet to be one of the best and as I take look at more recent work matches against even girlfriend Tessa Blanchard have had me hooked and he had to feature in the post today.

So that is part one. Originally, this was going to be a top seven but with so many names on my life I have decided to half it and by adding two more names I will now be talking about the other four in next Thursday's post so make sure to keep an eye out for that! In the mean time you can let me know who you would have added to this list by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

This Weeks RAW and Smackdown LIVE Highlights
Top 10 WWE Superstars Of the Year So Far (Part 2)
My Seven Favourite Mae Young Classic Competitors

Comments

Popular Posts