9 Wrestlers I'm Completely obsessed with Today Part 2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! As I mentioned in last weeks posts and throughout the weeks this week I really want to shake things up a little here on my blog and bring you brand new new and exciting content. That includes cutting down on the amount of reviews/highlights posts that I upload which is something I have been working on. As you would have seen I have now decided to merge my RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights post into one and every Wednesday there will be a Best of RAW and Smackdown LIVE post to look froward to. I'm also keen on uploading more creative How I would book posts and new list articles that feature wrestlers from both in and outside of the WWE. So keeping all that in mind today's blog post is going to be another top nine however, as I just mentioned, I want to start writing about stars outside of the WWE and so that brings me to today's little post and this is something I have wanted to write for a couple of weeks now but just haven't had the time up until now. I have being paying extra attention recently to promotions other than the WWE and there have been a number of wrestlers that have stood out for me and in today's post I want to spend some time having a good old chit chat about them. This is of course part two of this post, last week I uploaded part which saw me talk about the first five and the link to that post will be bellow. Before we get started I just want to mention that there are a couple of WWE guys that will be featuring in this post but that's simply because I have gone back and re watched some of their older matches that date back to way before they joined the company. I am going to be uploading more posts like this so if you are a fan of these and would like more content that is centered around other promotions outside of the WWE then do let me know! As always, any recent blog posts will be linked bellow including parts one and two of my top ten WWE superstars of the year so far. Finally, you can let me know who you are obsessed with in the world of pro wrestling by leaving a comment down bellow or by tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Johnny Gargano

Okay, so if you read part one of this post you will know that this whole article is based on wrestlers outside of the WWE but I did also mention that there would be three people I'd be talking about that are apart of the WWE. All of which are not as heavily featured as the likes of Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, and Charlotte for example (who all would have featured in a WWE only version of this post) and I so really wanted to include them in this post. The reason they have featured as well also comes down to the fact that I have spent a lot of time watching a lot of wrestling recently and there have been certain men and women I have watched more than others, Johnny Gargano seems to be one of those men. Over the past couple of years you would have seen me talk about Johnny Gargano quite a bit. Arriving in the WWE along with now former tag team partner Tommaso Ciampa the pair set out to change the game in the NXT tag team divison in the past year in particular have been to of the biggest and most impressive names on the roster providing fans with some of the best matches in NXT history. Their rivalry with the Revival saw some of the best tag team work I have ever seen and I spent so much time re watching those matches and writing about them over the past twelve months or so. Personally, I've always been the bigger Ciampa fan but more recently I have been going back and taking a look even more of Gargano's work. I've always been aware of both men and seen so many of their previous matches against neumours opponents around the world but again it's always been Ciampa I have seen more of and paid more attention to. The past few months however I really have taken the time out to do more Johnny Gargano research and I have to say that my love and admiration for him has grown immensely . Such a a passionate, intense in ring performer Johnny Gargano has earned the title of "Johnny Wrestling". Every single time he steps in that ring you can feel how much he loves what he does and now days that can feel pretty rare. He's easy to get behind, works amazing as both a heel and a baby face but when he is working as the good guy he's the ultimate baby face. He's also proven that it doesn't matter who he is competing with he can deliver a killer match up and there has been so many matches from him that I have claimed to be some of the best I have ever seen. As he enters a new and exciting program with former tag team partner Tommaso Ciampa heading into NXT Takeover Brooklyn three it looks as though things are far from slowing down and I cannot wait to see the wrestling magic those two are going to out on over the summer.

Kazuchika Okada

Up next we have a name that will come as no surprise what so ever, as a man that the entire world is talking about right now it won't shock anyone to see Kazuchika Okada in my list of nine wrestlers I'm completely obsessed today. Now, I really do want to start spending more time talking about New Japan, this year in particular I really have taken the time out to spend more time watching NJPW and I have to say I can totally see the hype. Over the years I've dipped in and out not really paying attention clearly a much more casual viewer, however, this year after watching Wrestle Kingdom I found myself wanting more and while it's difficult to keep up with all the wrestling the world has to offer I have tried my best to keep up to date and tune into NJPW as often as I can. Recently watching the G1 and re watching that epic match between Okada and Omega I've realised just how obsessed I am with Okada. Going back and taking a look at even more of his work from the past few years he is someone that I can say has seriously become one of my favourite wrestlers in the world today. Completely captivating how can anyone deny the fact he is one of the best in the world? Amazing to look at, a unique style and a brilliant skill set Okada is genuinely someone I can invest so much time into and never get bored of. This year he completely grabbed my attention when he and Kenny mega put on one of the best wrestling matches I have ever seen. I have a whole post coming up where I talk about that much in far more detail but I have to agree with the rest of the world and say that that really was a phenomenal wrestling match up. There isn't enough I can say about it. Aside from that match there have been so many others singles matches I have watched him compete in over the years and more recently that have contributed to why I think so highly of him. He's one of not many wrestlers I can sit and watch compete over and over again and there are so many dream matches I'd love to see him compete in which again I'll be talking about in more detail soon.

Marty Scrull

Back in January I dedicated four weeks to British Wrestling here on blog. I spent extra time paying attention to the wrestling scene here in the UK, reviewed both days of the WWE United Kingdom Championship tournament and uploaded a series of blog posts dedicated to the British wrestling scene. During that time I got spend hours re watching some of my old favourite matches from here in the UK and taking an in depth look at the talent we have over here. However, before I had even started this little series I had spent a lot of time talking about my next entrant in today's blog post. Marty Scrull really has been a UK talent I have not stopped talking about over the past few years. He was one of the first British wrestlers I spoke about here on my blog and a couple of years down the line he remains in my list of wrestlers I am completely obsessed with. I'll admit that there was a time where I pretty much stopped paying attention to his work, I was so focused on discovering other talents in the UK that I kinda pushed Marty to the side however, more recently I have gone back, re watched some of my favourite matches of his and his current work has had me completely obsessed with him once again as he continues to remind the world why he is one of the best in it today. The year of twenty seventeen so far has proven to be the year of Marty Scrull. Joining the Bullet Club not too long ago, smashing it on the indie scene over in the US and of course breaking out in Japan and really making an impact there. Prior to this year he had of course been apart of some great matches and storyline's but this year really has seen Marty break out and grow to become such a huge star in the world of pro wrestling. He's had some brilliant matches this year which I will be talking about in far more detail in a recent post including some amazing work with fellow Britt Will Ospreay.  The fact we are only a little half way through the year speaks volumes and with already seven brilliant and exciting months behind him the rest of twenty seventeen looks to remain very strong for Marty and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for him.

Seiya Sanada 

I promise this post isn't just dedicated to a bunch of wrestlers around the world I'm actually in love with and dream of actually marrying... I promise... I mean it. As I have already touched on in this post I have spent a lot of time this year checking out NJPW and that whole scene. After spending the past couple of years dipping in and out its been a lot of fun investing so much time into New Japan
and I have to say that it has totally been worth it. In previous posts this week I have mentioned that I've really struggled to keep up with all the wrestling currently being thrown at us and being so far behind in the G1 Climax my life at the moment has been taken up by all things NJPW. I can't complain however, every single time I sit down and watch a show I'm honestly completely entertained and captivated by the action being presented. One of the men I have been paying extra attention to is Seiya Sanada. So there may be apart of me that is a little in love with Sanada but I promise I love his actual wrestling too. Every time I watch him wrestle I'm hooked. His in ring style is something I love watching and he has a way of totally captivating an audience. An amazing look, a series of fantastic matches to his name, and a following that is forever growing Sanada is one of the my current favourite wrestlers in the world and the more I watch the more I'm obsessed with him and his work. A well traveled,  brilliantly skilled wrestler Sanada has competed against some of the best names in Japan, the US and the United Kingdom and I honestly can say he has become a true favourite and I cant wait to write about him more in the near future.

I was actually planning on writing about the Young Bucks and Kimber Lee in this post but I decided that I'm going to do a tag team and women's special of this post so keep an eye out for that next month. For now, you can let me know who you would have added to this list by leaving a comment or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Part one will be linked bellow.

Recent Blog Posts:
9 Wrestlers I'm Completely Obsessed with Right Now Part 1
WWE Battleground Highlights : Worth the Watch?
Top 10 WWE Matches of 2017 So far (Part 1)

Comments

Popular Posts