5 Former Divas Champions we miss

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good and have started the new year out strong! Today, I'm back with a good old fashioned top five. You guys know these are my favourite blog posts to write and I know that you guys enjoy reading these one's. Today, we are taking a look at five former divas champions that we miss. This will probably come across a little bias but I'm aware that there are a lot of women I will be mentioning in today's post that I'm sure you will all agree are missed in the WWE as well. There isn't a particular order to this top five unlike previous blog post. This is simply a nice little chit chat about a handful of divas that I miss seeing in the WWE and who I think would be a great addition to the divas revolution as former NXT Women make an impact on the main roster, slowly but surely changing the game there too. A quick note; I will also be doing a superstars version of this post which will be uploaded in a couple of weeks time so watch out for that. As usual you can let me know what former WWE Diva you miss and have your say on today's blog post by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Any recent blog posts will be linked bellow at the very end.

5) Eve Torres
Despite not talking very much about Eve Torres here on my blog very much in the past she was without a doubt one of my all time favourite champions. Admittedly it took me a while to like her and I much preferred her later work but she made such an impact on the division and generated so much attention that regardless of whether or not you were a fan of hers you cannot deny that she is still very much missed in the WWE and would have been a great part of the division today. Anyone could look at Eve and know that she was a WWE diva. She had an amazing look, she carried herself well both in and outside of the ring, and was a seriously strong wrestler. She was the one WWE talent that we genuinely saw make improvements more and more every single year both in her character and her wrestling ability and by the time she left the WWE her progress from her very first day was massively recognizable. If we try to imagine the impact she would having right now if she was still about of the roster I think we can picture a great deal. We all know that Eve was capable of putting on some great performances and competed in several solid divas matches that highlighted her career, her opponents, and the divas division. Given more time in the ring she could easily have put on a match that would have reached the standards of past NXT women's matches. If she was still apart of the division today she would have without a doubt been making history. Matches against the likes of Paige, Charlotte, and Sasha Banks could have really changed up the game and put women's wrestling on a very high pedestal. Her style of wrestling and what she capable of meant that putting her in the ring with any of the divas above and others like Bayley, Becky Lynch and as we have seen in the past, Natalya, would have created some great women's matches. I think Eve Torres VS Sasha Banks will forever be a dream match of mine. The last point I want to make about Eve is her ability to tell a good story and how great she worked as a heel. It just meant that she would have been a great addition to the divas revolution and would have played a major role in developing how good divas tell stories during feuds and matches if given enough time.

4) Beth Phoenix 
One of the most dominate female compositors in WWE history is without a doubt Beth Phoenix. Making a huge impact in the divas division and growing to become one of the most iconic women in WWE history. I remember when I first saw Beth compete and I was literally speechless. I don't know what it was about her that I loved so much but she was so captivating and I was hooked from the moment I first saw her and that's something that stayed with me throughout her career. It didn't matter how many times I watched her compete or the road in witch her career was down at the time she was always the most captivating and inspiring "diva" in my eyes and I still do look at her for inspiration. Just like with Eve, Beth made such an impact in the division and the WWE as a whole and you just know that if she was still apart of the roster she would be shining very very bright right now especially with women's wrestling going in the direction it is going in right now. She would have easily been a major part of the "divas revolution" and would have been a major figure in controlling the future of the division and passing on the torch. The future of the divas division could have learnt a lot from working with Beth in the ring and she could have gave some of the women some of the best matches of their careers. Twenty minuets in the ring with Sasha Banks would have been magic. Both very different from the way they look to their in ring style to their characters, you couldn't get two divas any more different but together would have been able to put on a match that would have been very special. It also would have been great seeing Beth work with Charlotte and Paige. With their in ring styles and backgrounds seeing how Beth faired in the ring against these two would have been amazing to see. There is still a diva to come along after Beth to match her power and strength but with the future looking the way it does their are a couple of potentials coming along. Beth will forever be a huge inspiration to future WWE divas and women across the world and every female competitor should be looking at her for inspiration.

3) AJ Lee 
Number three is one that will come to no surprise to anyone and one that I'm sure will cause a couple of you to role your eyes. No, I haven't let go of AJ yet and yes I do still miss her massively. I was a major AJ fan ok? Let me be. Whether you loved her or not, a fan or not, I don't think anyone can deny the fact that AJ Lee was one of the most influential WWE divas of all time. Regardless of the heat I'm sure I'll get for saying this, I still believe that she was the true diva to start a revolution and spark a change in the divsion. She's the one that came along with a different look, a very modern and different character. and changed the game massively. When AJ really did get started no one really saw women's wrestling or the divas division the same and she alone generated more attention for the women of the WWE. She was likeable, a natural heel, and a solid wrestler and great character. She developed and improved massively over the time she spent in the WWE. I did however wish to see more of the ability she showcased while doing NXT showcased when she was in the limelight. Her work with WWE Superstars made her the most popular, controversial, and must see divas and the history she made will always be remembered. AJ Lee will always be one of the greatest divas all of time in mine and many others eyes. Although AJ hasn't even been away from the WWE a year yet, her departure has meant that a lot of dream matches have been taken away from my imagination. There is not a doubt in my mind that AJ would have been on fire right now playing a huge role in improving the division and the state of women's wrestling. Her influence, experience and talent would have meant that she would have been one of the top women pushed in the divas revolution. She would have been guaranteed to participate in massive storyline's in the years to come and compete in some amazing matches. I know I have spoken about Sasha Banks a million times in this post already but anyone that knows me or has been reading my blog/ follows me on twitter will know that Sasha Banks VS AJ Lee has been a dream match of mine for a little over a year since the comparisons began.It would have also been great seeing her work with Bayley and many many more up and coming Divas, and the potential storyline's would have been endless.

2) Kaitlyn 
From the moment I first saw Kaitlyn compete I was a fan. I loved her look, I loved what she did in the ring, and just like with Beth she was someone I found massively inspiring. Going back to her FCW days, Kaitlyn always showed great potential and her talent was clear. Going on to NXT she continued to shine and despite some slow work to get to the top when she started to really take off and excel she really did take off and excel. She very quickly become a fan favourite with her likeability, charisma, and genuine, strong strong wrestling ability. Similarly to AJ she had a different look, different style, and pushing for a change in the way a typical diva was supposed to look and act. It wad difficult not to be a fan of hers. However, while in the spotlight and at her prime, there were multiple things the WWE did that I hated and it could have been anything simple from a storyline, to a match, to her attire at times but she always remained a favourite of mine and the more I watched the more I was hooked and enjoyed watching her compete. She of course had some amazing matches against the likes of Eve Torres, AJ Lee, and Natalya and was able to be apart of some of the best main roster diva storyline's in a long time. Particularly her storyline with AJ witch turnt out to be one of the most memorable and effective diva storyline's. Looking at what she could be doing right now we go back to sounding like a broken record but she could have been done some great stuff. I would have love to have seen her team up with Charlotte for a one off to take on Emma and Dana. Even going one on one with someone like Dana Brooke or Emma would have been great to see. A lengthy, well written feud with Paige would also would have been pretty awesome to see. I love to think Kaitlyn would one day make a return just like all the divas I have mentioned already today but anyone that follows her and her career still will know that she is doing amazing right now.

1) Maryse 
One of my all time favourite WWE Divas is without a doubt Maryse. If you have been following me for lone enough you would know this already and would have read many blog posts where I have spoken about her and mentioned her. This is just another one to add to the list. I have said it before but whenever I speak about the divas championship I think right back to Maryse. She's the first person that springs to mind and that's mainly because it was Maryse who was champion when I started paying more attention to the divas division again. She was so captivating, and I remember being massively entertained by her. I loved her style and her character and I would always enjoy seeing what she was going to do next. She was far more than a pretty face and proved time and time again to be a solid competitor with bags of potential. She improved the more she competed and was
one of not many divas that were able to generate a strong reaction from the crowd. She was the perfect heel and still to this day I claim that she was one of the best heel divas. If she was still competing today there would have been heaps the WWE could have done with her storyline wise both in the divas division and with the Miz (her husband) if they really wanted to. The fact she was such a great heel would have meant that working with someone like Bayley would have been great to see and a storyline between the two would have been a basic but very effective and entertaining one. The more I think about a Bayley VS Maryse feud the more I want it! And of course an all time great heel feuding with one of the greatest female heels and competitors of today,  Sasha Banks, would have been magical as well. Tell me that wouldn't have been awesome!

So that is my list of five divas we or should I say I miss. I really did enjoy writing this blog post and while there are still a couple more divas I would have liked to have mentioned I'm very happy and satisfied with this list. Remember, you can let me know what former divas champion you miss and think would have been making a big impact on the roster/division today by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts