NXT Stars Set for a great year

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. I'm back today with a little top five this time counting down five NXT superstars who are set for a great year in two thousand and sixteen. This blog post was supposed to be up a lot earlier than it has gone up but I will be honest, I completely forgot I started it and left it. But I decided to finish it off anyway  and upload it because I love this post and I'm sure you will all enjoy reading it. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post including the most recent review to be uploaded on my blog. You can also let me know what NXT Superstars and divas you think are set to have a great year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Don't forget you can also let me know what you would like to see posted during Wrestlemania season here on my blog.

Baron Corbin
I know you were all expecting Corbin to feature in this blog post so I thought it would be best to start the whole thing off with the the man himself. I have spoken about Corbin on several separate occasions here on my blog and on twitter and you guys all know that I'm the biggest fan and supporter of he's and even no matter how much heat he receives I know that I will always back him. Over the past year we have seen Baron go from strength to strength, getting better and better as the months go by. Right at the start of twenty fifteen we saw him take on several local competitors in small squash matches lasting under thirty seconds. While the squash matches did what they needed to do, make him look strong, put him over, showcase he's dominance, and create a product, they did over time become boring. We knew what was coming and as such a major Baron fan I was so desperate to see him do something new and start showing off what he was capable of. Eventually he started feuding with Bull Dempsey and would eventually turn hell and begin a decent feud with Rhyno. Now, I do think that turning Corbin heel was the right thing to do. He's a natural heel and he is best showcased as a heel but he's early storyline's did nothing for him. They were dull, lacked any strong degree of entertainment, and he wasn't able to show us what he was truly capable of. He wasn't being pushed enough and they weren't going far enough with the two storyline's. The turn around for Baron was defiantly he's little feud with Samoa Joe. It was simple but their one on one at NXT Takeover Brooklyn allowed Corbin more time in the ring and there for more time to show the fans what he can do in the ring. He didn't pick up the win on the night but it was a massive step forward and a huge part in him making he's way up to being named one of the top stars on the roster.From that Takeover event things have only really gotten better for Corbin. He had a great showing in London and picked up a massive victory over Apollo Crews and with more TV time we have seen him grow so much. I do think he is still missing something. He does need a lot more work with mic skills and character development. I don't think he needs a character change at all. He has something a little different that is very marketable and easy to develop I just think he needs to work on more building Baron Corbin the character up a little. I want to know how Baron Corbin is supposed to walk, talk, move, cut promos, wrestle, dress and so on. I would love to see him put more of he's real life character into Corbin. Anyone who saw him on Breaking Ground would know that he has such a great natural douche-bag attitude that would really work if he applied it to he's character. The one big problem I have with Baron is that it's hard to tell who is booing him because they dislike him and who is booing him because they're bored of him. He needs to make the fans hate him instead when he's music hits I just think to myself "Oh yeah it's Baron". I know that if I look away I aint going to miss anything big. He needs to captivate us and once he does that he's going to be amazing. The WWE are clearly very high on him and have a lot planned for him. He's had a great past couple of months and if he can keep this momentum up then things will only get better. I'm confident that at some point this year he will be NXT champion. I don't doubt that for a second and I honestly believe he will be a great champion and offer something new. A call up to the main roster this year is unlikely but I won't completely rule it out and neither should you.

Dana Brooke
When Dana Brooke made her NXT TV debut last year she left a pretty big impression. Whether you liked her or not you were talking about her, good or bad. Personally, I was one of the people who had anticipated her debut, hyping it on twitter, Facebook, and here on my blog but I will admit I was left pretty disappointed. I hated the entrance, the constant touching herself and flexing was one of the most awkward things I had ever seen, she showed basic wrestling ability, and I really did not like the finisher what so ever. Looking on twitter she certainly got a reaction but the majority agreed with me in saying that it was a disappointing debut. Saying that, I could easily see the potential in Dana. She has a great look, an amazing work ethic, and she's brining something a little different to the table, she just needed to take some time to improve and show us more and that is exactly what she did. Whoever thought it was a good idea to pair Dana up with Emma deserves a little gold sticker. It was easily the best move to make with Dana. I didn't see it coming at all but the alliance has benefited both women massively, it's clear they have both helped each other greatly since joining forces. Since working with Emma, Dana has just been getting better and better going from strength to strength. Her wrestling ability has improved, going back to her NXT Takeover match against Asuka, it was hands down her best performance and the night she showed off her potential. She has also grown massively with her character. Backstage segments and interviews have shown off her mic ability (witch is surprisingly pretty decent) and she is clearly a natural heel. Looking at the future, things seem to be pretty bright for Dana Brooke. She has been out of action for a while with an injury but after coming across extremely well on Breaking Ground her return to action is actually something I'm pretty excited about. You put Dana in the ring with someone who can really challenge her and push her she can put on a great performance. The WWE have already highlighted her as one of the talents to watch in twenty sixteen and with massive potential storyline's for her this year I would one hundred and ten percent agree. If I was booking her I'd keep her working alongside Emma for a little longer but at some point this year one is going to have to turn on the other and I'd actually really love to see Dana work as a baby face. Could she end up as NXT Women's champion at some point? Yeah, I one hundred percent believe she could easily be champion at some point this year. She's a hard worker and has so much potential, if they book her right and keep her going in the direction she is going in right now, Dana could have a massive year ahead of her.

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable 
One of the most over NXT talents of today is without a doubt Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. Proving to be a huge hit both in the US and in the United Kingdom, these two are one of the hottest tag teams in all of the WWE and one of the fastest growing in NXT and WWE history. Now, I will be the first to admit that I hated the idea of them working together when they were first put together and that's mainly because I was such a fan of Jordan and Tye Dillinger as a team but I can now sit here and say I was very very wrong and whoever decided to put these two together is a genius. Their chemistry is fantastic, they give off the vibe that they have been working together for years yet still have so much to show and offer. They bring that old school, traditional feel and you have to love it. They're not an overly gimmicky tag team that you'll end up bored of in a thew months. It's such a basic idea but it works. They are such a captivating, talented tag team and there really isn't any tag team like them in all of the WWE right now. I'm always geniuenly excited to see them compete and they never ever fail to impress. Jason Jordan in particular has come such a long way in the past year. Since teaming with Gable he has managed to show so much more character and charisma. That thing he was missing he now has and it's so much clearer now how much he was being held back before. Now, Jordan and Gable haven't been together all that long but they have already made a huge impact and are growing in popularity more and more as the weeks go by. Twenty sixteen is guaranteed to be a huge year for these two and I don't doubt for a single second that at some point they will be NXT Tag Team Champions. Right now, they are the hottest team going and are easily the ones to beat right now. They're taking all the boxes and are heading in the right direction. Two thousand and sixteen will be a massive year for Jason Jordan and Chad Gable.

Asuka 
Asuka is the biggest female signing that the WWE has ever made and she has been proving since the moment she arrived in NXT why she really is worth the hype. A debut feud against Emma and Dana Brooke, the NXT mean girls, has put Asuka in the spotlight, with Dana being one of the most talked about women on the roster and Emma of course being one of the original NXT divas. Most fans have seen Asuka compete before or at least heard of her and so know to expect nothing but the best from her.From the moment she first competed in an NXT ring the crowd have been left at the edge of their seats hanging on her every move. She works a crowd like a true pro and gives her challenges a true challenge every single night. She has grabbed the attention of everyone in the early months of her being apart of the division and is a clear future NXT Women's Champion. Now, we all know that the standard of the NXT Women's division is massively high. It's the best place for female wrestlers and Asuka joining has only proven that even more as she keeps us all believing that the future of the division is in safe safe hands. She has already got a solid match against Emma under her belt and the amazing thing is is that we still haven't even scratched the surface with Asuka. She's such an interesting character with so much wrestling experience and talent that there is so much they can do with her. There is no doubt that the WWE have some big big plans for her for the next year and so on. Personally, I don't think I want to see her be the one to take the championship from Bayley. I would love to see her have a couple more feuds to build her up even more and tease just how far she can go in the ring and then challenge whoever is champion. To be honest, this is mainly because I'm the biggest Carmella fan and I would love to see her as champion but first, however saying that the reality is is that Asuka is more likely to be the next champion. Either way, no matter what happens in the next couple of months or so there is not a single doubt in my mind that Asuka will be champion at some point this year. The WWE are not going to waste any time with her what so ever and once she is champion she is certainly going to be brining something different. Something no women has brought yet. There hasn't been anyone with her style, ability, and skill and so it should be very interesting seeing her as champion. I also need to say how badly I want to see a Sasha Banks VS Asuka match. The money I would pay to see that one on one...

Apollo Crews
The last superstar I'm going to be talking about today is Apollo Crews. Only an active member of the roster since August of last year, Apollo has already gone on to become one of the most popular, must see superstars on the NXT Roster. Walking into the WWE already with a solid, loyal fan base and following he was set for big things and he has not disappointed in the slightest. Focusing he's attention on nothing but the NXT championship, Crews has done everything in he's power to get to the top of tower but is yet to capture gold but I doubt he will be chasing for much longer and it's only a matter of time before he has a comfy championship wrapped tightly around he's waste. Now, we all know what Apollo can do in the ring. He's an extremely talented performer comfortable both on the top rope and tossing he's opponents around the ring left right and centre. He's the super athletic power house who can pull off anything and everything. He's only problem at the moment is character and mic work. I'll be honest, I love the fact that he's not this big overly gimmicky character but to remain interesting and keep up with the likes of Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, and others he's going to have to work a lot lot harder on finding that something that makes him stand out and makes him different. That
something that gives him that little edge in he's character because he has everything else. He has already proven he is capable of putting on phenomenal matches and the longer we see him compete the more everyone is going to grow on him and the more we are going to realise just how much of a major superstar he is going to be and has the potential to be. He has a great finisher, a strong connection with the fans, and it's clear the WWE are massive on him. He's ticking all the boxes he just needs to focus on the little things that will stop him becoming complacent. Loosing to Corbin at NXT Takeover London was the best thing for him. Once he lost that undefeated streak I gained even more interest. There's nothing holding him back now and there is so much more they can do with him at this point. Keeping him relevant won't be difficult if the WWE keep to their strong storyline's in NXT. I would love to see him as champion at some point this year and I do think it's possible.It will be great seeing a black champion again. I think we can all agree on that as well. And to be honest I really do believe he will be the change we need to see in race in the WWE. I recently spoke about how black superstars are booked in the WWE and I seriously believe that Apollo will be the man to change that around.

I one hundred and ten percent believe that NXT are set to have another phenomenal year and I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us for the next twelve months. Remember you can let me know what NXT Superstars you think are set for a great year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts