Last Week in Wrestling

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So it's the start of a brand new week and I have to admit that I'm actually really looking forward to the week ahead. It's been a really tough month and with us still be fresh into March I'm trying my best to remain positive and put the past four weeks or so behind me.  I would love to thank everyone for being so supportive and patient but I promise I'm now getting my shit back together and focusing on this blog and making sure it gets completely back on track. Now, last night was the two thousand and seventeen Fastlane pay per view and let's be honest, it wasn't great and I did actually fall asleep during the show which never happens with pay per view shows but it was really really bad. So keeping that in mind I have decided not to write any kind of review of the show today and instead upload my "Last week in Wrestling" post and I will be of course talking about last night's show in more detail alongside talking about all the biggest topics in the world of wrestling from the past seven days. I've mentioned before that I want to start uploading different posts and I'm going to be testing that out over the next couple of weeks so expect there to be changes to my usual uploads and we may not be seeing as many reviews, highlights, and best and worse moments posts this week. As always any recent blog posts (which of course isn't many) will be linked bellow and you, of course, can let me know what you thought of last nights Fastlane pay per view and all of last weeks wrestling moments/highlights by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Let's start off by taking a look at WWE news and one of the biggest pieces of information we took away last week was the announcement that Jack Swagger has asked for his release from the WWE after around eleven years of being with the company. You guys will probably know that I've always backed Swagger and spoke about how underutilised and underrated he is and while I was expecting him to part ways with the WWE soon I was surprised to hear he had done so last week. The former US Champion made the announcement himself I believe in a radio interview (correct me if I'm wrong). To be honest I'm glad to see Swagger move on and begin a new chapter of his life. He wasn't used to his best abilities in the WWE and I strongly believe he's going to now go out into the world and show everyone what the WWE were missing out on and what they could have done with him if they had just used him best. He has already started taking bookings in the independent scene with his first match set to take place in Norwich here in the UK and there are rumours of him maybe going down the MMA root so there's something to look out for. Like I sai, I do strongly believe that things are really going to head in the right direction for Jack. He is an amazing talent, very underrated and I'm confident he will shine on the independent scene following the likes of Cody Rhodes and Drew Galloway.

Last week we also heard that X-Pac made comments on the Rock leaving a voicemail for CM Punk after an episode of Monday Night RAW and let's just say that the general response backstage hasn't been great as expected. In other news focusing on NXT, Asuka held onto her NXT Women's Championship when she defeated Peyton Royce and we now have the beginnings of her and Ember Moons feud which we can expect to see develop over the following weeks and the pair to clash at the nxt Takeover event for the title where Asuka is likely to drop the title. Elias Samson is also another name we need to talk about in today's blog post. After losing a loser leaves town match in a recorded episode of NXT the drifter could be heading up to the main roster over the next month or so. He is probably more likely to go over to Smackdown LIVE and while I haven't been a big fan of him from the get-go hopefully the necessary changes are made to his character to help him flourish on the main roster. Last week Randy Orton also finally turned on Bray Wyatt in what was one of my favourite promos in a very long time. You can check out what I thought of that in detail in my last post which will be linked bellow. This week on Smackdown LIVE Randy Orton will go one on one with AJ Styles in what will sure be an epic match I honestly cannot wait for!

Looking outside of the WWE and we no longer will be uttering the words "TNA" with the company sticking to Impact Wrestling which, to be honest, I'm happy with. I have to admit that I have a lot of catching up to do over the next week or so but I do believe the company are heading in the right direction and we will see those much-needed improvements over the next year or so. Talking of improvements and moving forward the company now have the addition of Alberto El Patron/ Alberto Del Rio who has now signed with Impact and made his debut during recordings last week. I honestly believe that Alberto will be a huge part of Impact and moving it forward. He is amazingly talented in the ring and when given the freedom to be himself he really is very very charismatic. He has a strong loyal following and it's going to be interesting seeing what he brings to  Impact Wrestling and how the company use him. Trust me, I'm very very excited about this. And the final piece of Impact Wrestling news comes from the announce team with JR hinting that he could be joining the Impact Wrestling announced team following a tweet he made about the show. This really is huge. If he was to join the impact commentary team we could see the general feel and vibe of the show change completely. He is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best announcers of all time and he really could help the company and bring a heck of a lot to it.

Tonight WCPW will also host Exit Wounds which will air on YouTube live and for free. One hundred percent a show to check out with a very interesting card. I'm planning on live tweeting throughout the show and I may upload a review of it later in the week. I'll see which should I prefer more, Exit Wounds or Monday night RAW tonight.

And of course, finally, we need to take a look at last night's pay per view. Okay, so let's be honest, it wasn't the best show we have ever seen. I'll admit that my expectations for this show weren't very high in the fist place. I wasn't expecting this to be a fantastic show at all and I mentioned on twitter when the show started that I wasn't really looking forward to Fastlane and in fact, I was far more excited for the up and coming Smackdown LIVE show which I have already spoken about. The standout match of the night was without shadow of a doubt the Cruiserweight Championship match between Neville and Jack Gallagher. This really was fantastic and was honestly one of only two matches that I really enjoyed. I will admit that I didn't head into this match expecting a lot. I thought it was going to be a lot lot shorter and far more simple but they completely tore the house down and made a huge impact. They finally showed what the cruiserweights can bring to the table. The crowd were completely invested in the match with "This is awesome" chants and everyone up on their feet backing the baby face while also showing respect to the champ. The longer went on the more I began to change my mind on who I believed would walk away with the win but everything was done so well and that ending was great. This was easily the best match from the division so far and we can hopefully expect to see this continue and the standard to remain this high. As far as Wrestlemania goes it looks as though Neville was Austin Aries for the title could be on the cards. The second best match of the night came from the women's divison. Bayley and Charlotte provided yet another fantastic match that I honestly loved. I did have to catch up on this this morning because I fell asleep during the match before but the two women gave it their all once again telling a great story and putting on some brilliant wrestling. I did predict that Charlotte's record would be coming to an end last night thanks to Sasha and the only part of my prediction that didn't happen was Sasha turning heel. This does shake up Wrestlemania plans and it's going to be interesting seeing what's coming up for the four main women over on Monday night RAW. I'm definitely excited to see the fallout tonight.
In other news, Goldberg's victory over Kevin Owens came as no surprise and I have to admit I'm not the happiest person in the world over the result, however, I'm glad to see Chris Jericho back in action and seeing his feud with Owens develop heading into Mania. I don't even want to touch on how genuinely pissed off I was to see Roman pick up the win over Strowman clean last night, I'll save that rant for another day and the tag team action was at least better than I expected it to be. The WWE did waste nearly an entire hour burying Jinder Mahal and Rusev yet another thing I would like to pretend didn't happen and just for the sake of saying it again Rusev's hair... Rusev's hair though...

Plenty went down last week in the world of pro wrestling and I had a lot of fun writing this blog post today and I'm so glad to finally be getting back on track on things. I am going to try my best to make sure these posts are a regular thing once again here on my blog because they do go down well and I have a lot of fun writing them. I would, however, love to know what posts you would like to upload here so feel free to let me know down in the comments bellow or tweet me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Recent Blog Posts:
RAW And Smackdown LIVE Best Bits of the Week

Social Media Links:
Facebook
Twitter 
Instagram 
Snapchat: vtezangi

Comments

Popular Posts