Go Home Show Proves More Wrong Decisions are Being made For Wrestlemania 33

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! This weekend the WWE will host Wrestlemania thirty-three and with an interesting card, last nights go home show was very important in making sure that fans were truly invested in the biggest show of the year. However, I being the negative missy that I am, have to say that I was not happy with what we were presented last night. I didn't feel as though the WWE put enough effort in to make sure that hardcore fans, in particular, had enough reason to tune in on Sunday and to be honest it didn't feel as though this was the big final stop before that most important and must see event of the wrestling calendar. In today's blog post I'm going to be talking about this in more detail as I list four areas during last night's show that proved more wrong decisions are being made in regards to Wrestlemania thirty-three and to conclude the post I will briefly go over the things that I did actually like about the show last night. Tomorrow I will be uploading a similar post reviewing the final Smackdown LIVE before Wrestlemania which hopefully goes down far better than what we got last night. I, of course, will be live tweeting throughout Smackdown LIVE tonight and as far as the rest of Wrestlemania week goes I, of course, will be live tweeting throughout every up and coming show including the Hall of Fame ceremony, NXT Takeover, and Wrestlemania (that includes all kick off shows that will take place also). As usual, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of the RAW go home show for Wrestlemania by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezngiVictoria.


RAW Women's Championship Announced as Fatal Four Way Elimination Style Match

I'm going to kick start today's blog post off with something that I really wasn't happy to hear last night. A few hours before the show started it was announced that the fatal four-way match for the RAW Women's Championship would now be elimination style and while I completely understand why the decision was made, let's face it they need to do something different, they want to make the match more interesting and they have to have a distinct difference between the two women's matches from both brands. However, making this a fatal four-way elimination match just doesn't sit well with me and I strongly believe this will not be as big of a success as a simple fatal four-way match. Now, if you have been reading my blog for long enough you will know that I wasn't even satisfied wth this match being a fatal four way in the first place. I have mentioned time and time again that I strongly believe the RAW Women's Championship match should have been a one on one between Sasha Banks and Bayley. While I understand that as far as Wrestlemania goes the WWE like to make sure as many people are on the card as possible but this is something that has been an issue for quite some time now and the decision to have as many stars on the mania card has meant that we have had to go without seeing matches that would have felt like a far bigger deal and would actually have gone down far far better and this is exactly the case here. Now, I still believe that this could be an amazing match if the women are actually given the time they deserve. If you really let these women have their time they could very easily steal the show. We have four women with completely different styles and I still have faith in this match. I also feel as though this match could lead to more feuds really developing such as a separate feud between Charlotte and Nia. Talking of Nia Jax, I have to mention that I really was impressed with her last night and there's a small part of me that would now love to see her as champion, I of course strongly doubt she will walk out of Mania with the title but her time will come and I believe that her performance at Mania will be the one that finally turns heads and changes the general perception of her. However, I do feel as though there is something being taken away from this match and it would have been stronger if the elimination stipulation wasn't there.

Sami Zayn not Booked in a Singles Match

There is no doubt about it, Sami Zayn is one of the hardest working, deserving, and talented men in the WWE today. He's also one of the most underutilised and mistreated men on the roster. Now, since the brand split last summer he has actually had several standout matches including a strong feud with Braun Strowman, some amazing segments with Mick Foley and matches that have really allowed him to showcase his in-ring capabilities. Week in and week out he proves himself and shows just how badly he deserves a big babyface push. He did come pretty close to that push rather recently, however, for some reason the whole thing was dropped and he has once again found himself at the bottom without even a Wrestlemania singles match to his name this year. This has got to be one of the most disappointing things that I will be talking about in today's blog post. At least with some of the other points such as the one just mentioned there is no upside to this.Of course, we could say that it would be a huge deal if he walked away with the winner of the Andre the giant memorial battle Royal and while I would love that there is a part of me that believes Strowman deserves that spot far more. Now, of course, my little booking mind is working like mad and as you guys know I do feel as though Strowman should make the move to Smackdown LIVE in the coming months and if we can start building something up between him and Luke Harper than I can see how Zayn could walk away with the win and for it all to be ok however I just can't see the WWE booking that this Sunday. Even if he did walk out as the winner of the battle Royal it just doesn't feel good enough. He really does deserve a singles match at Wrestlemania more than anyone and I have no idea why on earth they haven't booked him in a singles match when the story was there. Put him against Samoa Joe and put his job on the line and you have something that fans are going to be invested in. Putting his job on the line last night against Kevin Owens in a match we have seen a million times already did nothing and while the match was solid I wasn't as hooked as I would have been if this was done at Mania against Joe.

Cruiserweight Championship match to Take place on Kick Off Show

I know I've said it about every point that I've made today but I'm just going to have to deal with sounding like a broken record; this next point really did piss me off last night. The cruiserweight division didn't have a strong start what so ever and the progress has been far longer than expected and longer than it should have been. I have sat here time and time again moaning about the Cruiserweights and fans all over the world have spoken about what they believe should have been done to help build the division and send them in the right direction. From moving them to Smackdown LIVE to giving them more time on Monday night RAW, so much has been discussed in regards to this topic. Over the past couple of months, we have finally seen the Cruiserweight division had in the direction they should be and finally be given the storylines they need to make an impact, turn heads and get everyone talking positively about the division. It's only now that we have seen fans and live crowds actually invested in what has been presented by the division and we have three men to really thank for that, Jack Gallagher, Austin Aries and of course the current champ, Neville. It was made official a couple of weeks back that Neville would defend his Cruiserweight championship against Austin Aries at Wrestlemania and finally I could have something to really look forward to and be excited about. Finally, there was a match being presented from the division that had the fans excited and really does feel as though it has the ability to be a real standout at Wrestlemania. However, it was announced during last night's show that this match will not take place on the main show and instead will be a part of the kickoff show... another prime example of the WWE fucking up big time. This match has the potential to really be a standout and it is exactly what the division needs. The exposer of a Wrestlemania crowd in full attendance would have been amazing. A singles match for the title between two of the most popular, over, and talented men in the division is exactly what the cruiserweights needed and so shoving them on the pre-show just feels like a massive insult. These guys have worked their butts off to make an impact and this match is such a huge deal, putting them on the pre-show is a real kick. I still believe this match will be a standout of the weekend if they are given the time but they really deserve to be on the main show and it really is such a shame that plans were changed.

A battle Royal to promote a Battle Royal?

If there is one thing the WWE continue to get wrong it's their build up for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. While it's never really felt like a huge deal its something that I have always felt deserves to feel like a big deal and something that she pushed as far more important than it has been. Past winners Cesaro, Big Show, and Baron Corbin have all been worthy winners and this year I genuinely cannot wait to see who will join the list. Now, I know there are obvious names this year we have Braun Strowman as the favourite and during last night's episode of Monday night RAW the WWE attempted to build up the battle royal and generate more interest, however, failed miserably. They once again decided to go with a battle royal to promote a battle royal something I literally do not understand and the fact the big show was once again made a main feature. The whole things just didn't work. Yes, throughout the night names such as Sami Zayn, Big Show, and Strowman were all
made as obvious picks to win but the approach could have been a lot different.  I really do wish they had made more of an effort to really sell this and actually, make a bigger deal of the Andre the Giant Memorial battle royal. I do still have an interest as always and I have already touched on in today's post, I strongly believe they could really turn this around with some storytelling if they involve the likes of Luke Harper and really use Sami Zayn and Strowman to their best abilities and book them right on the night.

Overall

The show overall was far weaker than it should have been. I am naturally excited for Mania but the show last night could have done a better job at making me even more excited. In tomorrow's post, I will be touching on the news that there will be a special guest referee for Nikki Bella and John Cena VS The Miz and Maryse's mixed tag team match because trust me I was not happy about that either. I thought the final segment during last night show was fairly strong but again it could have been a lot lot stronger. I did however like parts of the build up from the tag team division and their title match.  As always I will be live tweeting throughout Smackdown LIVE tonight and throughout all shows across Wrestlemania week. 



Comments

Popular Posts