Top 15 Superstars of the Month: February

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. So we have reached the end of another month witch means it's time to count down my top fifteen superstars of February.  You all now know that this is going to be a monthly thing. At the end of each month I will be uploading my top fifteen superstars and a two part post listing my top twenty matches of that month. It went down really well in January so I'm really excited for February's lists. It's now also Wrestlemania season on my blog, witch means I will be uploading posts almost every day all about Wrestlemania with the final week obviously being predictions week. You can let me know what posts you would like to see in the series by leaving a comment bellow. The links to any recent posts will be bellow including my top matches and superstars of last month. Remember the lists are judged by both TNA, WWE and NXT superstars. You can let me know who your superstar of the month has been by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

15) J&J Security
Kicking off this months top fifteen superstars is kind of an odd one and I'm sure most of you will be pretty surprised to see these guys be entered into the list, but after having a really good February, J&J Security have earned their place at number fifteen. That's right, former WWE Wrestlers, Jamie Nobel and Joey Mercury have been back on our screens for almost a year now and this past month they have honestly stood out for me. Yes, they have left me beyond annoyed with their constant interference and pointless presences but the fact they have been on my screen more than the WWE World Heavyweight champion and have actually competed in a match or two, means they have caught me attention and whether if your talking good or badly about them, your still talking about them. Not only throughout this month but throughout their return to live action, J&J security have played a vital role and making Seth Rollins a top star and making him the centre of attention. By joining the Authority and allianceing themselves with the top performing heel on the roster, has made them stand out villains and thrown them into the spotlight. They have competed in varies handicap and tag team match with Rollins on RAW, Smackdown and house shows and by being at the side of Rollins twenty four seven has meant they have been on TV every single week saving matches for him and being the perfect distraction. Enough to make them top superstars of the month.

14) Awesome Kong
Earlier this year, we saw the return of one of the most dominate women in the world of professional wrestling and one of my personal, all time favourites, Awesome Kong. When I woke up to see Kong trending on twitter I wondered what was going on and I remember thinking to myself, there's no way she's back in TNA, and when I read the tweets I marked out so hard I'm sure my neighbours thought I was mentally insane! I remember watching Kong perform when I was younger and I was just obsessed with her and wanted to be her and seeing her return and back in action was just amazing. What made this all even more amazing is that she entered a feud with my current favourite knockout, Havok. You all know by now how much I love Havok so there's no need to go into that, but for me this was like a dream feud and when Kong returned that night it was like she had never gone away and this was were she was suppose to be. She got an insane reaction from the crowd and everyone at home and she more than deserved it. Her match at Lockdown between Havok was great, just what you expected and touch more. She looked great throughout the match and of course dominated while still putting the younger, Havok over.  We now know she's going after the Knockouts championship after she had a little bout with current champ, Taryn Terrell. It's been a great month for Awesome Kong and I'm sure it's only about to get better.

13) Jeff Hardy
Up next, at number thirteen, is another all time great, the one and only, Jeff Hardy. It's been a really good month for Jeff despite what went down after he's Lockdown match. We have all seen him and brother Matt, feud with James Storm and he's rather strange little faction and to be honest at first I wasn't all for this feud but the amazing matches just took over and changed the way I felt completely. If we look back at some of the best TNA matches so far this year, Jeff is in many of them and this month he was in two stand out matches for me personally. The first was of course he's one on one match with Abyss a thew weeks back. This was just yet another great match to add to Hardys resume and at Lockdown he and Matt were in one of the best tag team matches of the year so far when they challenged James Storm and  Abyss for the TNA Tag team championships. They may not have one the match but they were the stand outs of it and Jeff was hands down the stand of the entire match, literally from start to finish.

12) Baron Corbin
At number twelve this month is an NXT superstar I talk about all the time on my blog and on twitter, that of course is Baron Corbin. I actually had Baron in my top fifteen superstars to watch in twenty fifteen and since January he has been proving exactly why he was in that list. This month Corbin has just gotten better and better and better and a huge turning point in the middle of the month. We saw he's feud with Bull Dempsey continue and he managed to score three impressive wins over him. But the main reason Baron is in my top fifteen this month is because of he's one on one match with Adrian Neville the last Wednesday before Takeover. After winning he's second match against Dempsey he qualified for the semi final round in the number one contenders tournament for the NXT Championship and was set to take on the longest reigning NXT Champion in history, Adrian Neville. I will admit I was a little worried for Baron going into this match. Neville is much much more experienced in the ring and has a much wider move set and I thought he would really struggle to match Neville in the ring but he did a great job. This was by far he's best match to date, he showed so much more of he's move set and proved to be one of the strongest most dominate wrestlers on the NXT roster, controlling a good chunk of the match and really holding he's own throughout. He's loss didn't make him look weak and really added more to he's feud with Dempsey. At Takeover he scored he's third huge win in a no DQ match against Bull and earned he's position in this months top fifteen.

11) Seth Rollins
Coming in at number eleven and just missing out on being in the top ten is Mr Money in the bank, Seth Rollins. This has been a real up and down month for Rollins. He's booking has been odd and with the attention mainly on Reigns and Bryan he hasn't been centre of attention as much. This month also saw Rollins personal life blasted on twitter putting him in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. Now, you all know how much of a huge fan I am of Rollins. I'm always talking highly of him and he was my superstar of the year last year but I do think number eleven is the perfect slot for him. He has still been main eventing episodes of RAW and Smackdown and has had four stand out matches. He's two one on one matches with Ziggler, one on RAW and one on Smackdown, He's main event match with Daniel Bryan witch was just outstanding and most recently, the tag team main event were he and Randy Orton took on Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan witch was yet another match of the month. He dominated and was the man of all these matches and with he's feud with Orton slowly coming together for Wrestlemania, I predict March to be the month of Seth Rollins.

10) Bobby Lashley
Kicking off the top ten this month is TNA World Champion, Bobby Lashley. Some of you may or may not know that Lashley is actually a long term favourite of mine. I loved he's run in WWE and I was a huge fan of he's back then and I still am now with he's work in TNA and MMA. I have been paying extra attention to the TNA roster this past month and almost every week it's Lashley who is stealing the show for me. You might disagree but I've just been loving he's work this month. He's face turn was timed perfectly and I think so far he's been making a great baby face, not too over the top but enough to make you back him and want to see more. He has solid performance after solid performance and the main event at Lockdown was for me, he's best performance/match of the month for him.

9) Tyler Breeze
In at number nine in my top fifteen superstars of February is one of my all time favourite NXT
superstars, Mr Tyler Breeze. I really struggled this month in deciding where to put Breeze in the list. I knew I wanted him in my top ten but I didn't know where it exactly. It went from ten to eight to Six and finally I decided to go somewhere in the middle and went for for number nine. This month saw Tyler return to action after taking some time out and when he returned he returned and entered a major feud, a feud with one of the biggest signings in WWE history, Hideo Itami. I will be the first to admit and hold my hands up and say that I was worried they were just going to have Breeze job to Hideo and help build him by making Tyler look weak but that is not the case at all. Over the past year Tyler Breeze has proved time and time again he is a top talent and one of the best of the best in NXT and throughout this month and he's feud with Hideo he has been proving that again. He had an amazing match against Itami in the number one contenders tournament, grabbing the attention of the NXT universe one again but it was at NXT Takeover Rival that he really stood out. Having one of the best matches of the year so far, Breeze stole the match and the show and had one of he's best performances to date. He may not have won the match but he had an outstanding performance.With the feud between the two still active it looks to be another great month as the prince of pretty slowly makes he way up to the main roster.

8) Kevin Owens
At number eight in this months top fifteen superstars of the month is Kevin Owens. The past four weeks or so have been amazing for Owens, to be fair since arriving in the WWE Owens has been dominating and this month he reached the highest position on the roster. After a really strong build up for he's Takeover match at the live show Owens dominated he's match staying in control for ninety per cent of it with the end result seeing him pick up the win and becoming the new NXT Champion after only being their a couple of months. He has also been in huge, outstanding matches against Adrian Neville on two occasions having yet another dominate performance and victory.

7) Bayley 
Up next, at number seven is NXT Diva Bayley. This month Bayley returned to action after being out of the ring for a couple of months due to a knee injury. Upon her return she was put straight back in the spotlight and after hitting the belly to Bayley on the champ at that time, Charlotte, it was later announced that she alongside Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch and Charlotte would compete for the NXT Women's championship at NXT Takeover Rival. At the live show Bayley would be the stand of the match. The stuff she did during the match I had no idea that she was even capable of doing. She completely stole the match and  was a stand out throughout the match. I wrote more about the actual match in my Review and reactions posts witch I will leave the link to bellow so you can check that out.  Bayley may not have left Takeover with the NXT Women's championship but she got a great reaction from the crowd, was the fan favourite and had her best performance to date.  Since returning to action she has dominated the roster and had some great matches making her this months number seven in my top fifteen.

6) Sasha Banks 
Sasha Banks comes in at number six in this month's top fifteen superstars of the month. Banks has had a great past year. She has gone from being the girl who stands next to Summer Rae to being considered the best diva in NXT. Last year she was in some of the best diva matches in the history of the the WWE and this month she added yet another to the list. After having chance after chance to capture the NXT Women's championship from Charlotte she was given one last chance. She alongside Becky Lynch and Bayley would compete in a fatal four way for the championship and the match itself was just amazing. Sasha dominated parts of the match and remained the centre of attention throughout it. In the end she was able to pin the Charlotte to become the new NXT Women's champion. She proved not only at Takeover Rival but all year round that she was a worthy champion and deserved to become the champ. She has been the centre of attention all month long, her work with Becky Lynch has played a huge role and she now considered to be the face of the NXT Women's division.

5) Bray Wyatt
As we enter the top five, Bray Wyatt joins the top fifteen superstars of the month list. For the past month the WWE have been building Bray up for something big. Something really big and throughout February the build up has continued and we finally found out what that big thing was. After spending weeks of delivering cryptic messages to an anonymous superstar the WWE universe began to predict who Wyatt was talking to and at the Fastlane pay per view last weekend, Bray would come to the ring in a coffin leading the fans to believe it was Undertaker making he's first TV appearance since Wrestlemania thirty. However, when the lid was lifted it was Bray Wyatt himself who sat up and delivered yet another amazing promo revealing he has been talking about the Undertaker all these weeks and wants the dead man at Wrestlemania. I will have more about this feud in the next couple of weeks. This was the icing on the cake for Wyatt. He had already had an amazing month full of great matches and promos and the revelation of he's feud with The Undertaker just made it that much better. The matches I'm talking about are of course he's two outstanding one on one matches with Dolph Ziggler on RAW witch both featured in my top twenty matches of the month.

4) Hideo Itami 
Coming in at number four is NXT star and one of the biggest signings in WWE history, Hideo Itami. Since arriving in the WWE and NXT, Hideo has dominated the roster and been making a huge impact from day one. He's alliance with Finn Balor at the start was amazing and we saw some great tag team matches but this month, Hideo has really come into himself as a singles wrestler and has been some of the best matches of the year so far. When I look back at all my NXT Review and Reactions and my notes/tweets, I was always seeing Hideo's name pop up time and time again. This month he has just been in some truly amazing matches. We have he's two matches against Tyler Breeze. The two have been feuding since the middle of the month and had a great match at NXT Takeover Rival witch sat Itami score the win on the night. We then have yet another outstanding match this time between he's former partner Finn Balor. I know for a fact this will be one of the matches of the year. Yes, we are still waiting for him to use the GTS but what an amazing month for Hideo and we still haven't seen half of what he is capable of.

3) Roman Reigns
At number three this month is the highly controversial Roman Reigns. I know, for someone who is not a Reigns fan I do speak highly of him a lot, but I will always admit when a superstar of diva has done something really well and has stood out and this month as much as I hate to say it, Roman Reign has been on fire. Since he's controversial win at the Royal Rumble, Reigns has been forced to put up or shut up, he has to prove all the critics wrong and show massive improvements. Has he done that?  Yeah, I honestly think he has. We all know he's never going to be up there with top talkers like Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose and he's hardly going to be able to match a man like Sami Zayn in the ring but in the space of less than a month he has improved great both in the ring and on the mic. I still pushing the idea that less is more for him when it comes to mic work. I still think he is putting too much into he's promos and all round mic work, the less he thinks about and the less he tries to amaze everyone the better he will do, he's proved that in the past. What I've loved the most about Reigns this much is he's change in attitude. I've bee much more entertained and gripped by the Roman Reigns we have had this month., The tougher, more heel like, no nonsenses  Roman Reigns. He has had some great matches and he's tag team work with Bryan has been great also, the highlight being the Smackdown tag team turmoil. However, the biggest turning point for Reigns this month was he's Fastlane main event match against Daniel Bryan. This was were he really earned my respect and proved himself. Amazing match and a huge huge huge turning point. He more than deserved that win.

2) Daniel Bryan 
Coming in at number two and just missing out on the umber one spot is leader of the yes movement himself, Daniel Bryan. Initially I was actually going to have Bryan at number one but I wanted to shake things up a little so I suppose we technically can see this as a double number one spot. February has been a great month for Bryan. The Royal Rumble pay per view left the WWE universe beyond annoyed ad forced the WWE to make some kind of amends with the fans. Putting Bryan right back in the main event picture, he was given the chance to main event Wrestlemania and take on Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. On the night of the announcement he
would take on Seth Rollins with the winner going one on one with Roman Reigns at Fastlane for the chance to face Brock. The RAW main event match between Bryan and Rollins was just amazing, one of the best of the year so far. I wrote more about this match in my top twenty matches of the month. After winning the match he was forced to team up with he's Fastlane opponent, Roman Reigns on several occasions and had some great matches there also, with the best being the Smackdown tag team turmoil. At the Fastlane pay per view, Bryan had the match of the night against Reigns and even though he didn't win he did a great job putting over Roman and had an all round amazing performance.

1) Finn Balor 
Finally, my superstar of February is the one and only, Finn Balor. Where do I even begin? Just like Hideo, Balor had dominated the NXT roster since making he's debut and time and time again the WWE have made it clear that they are extremely high on him, putting him top matches, putting a lot of time, money and effort into Balor's physically appearance and entrance and so much more. Wherever you go everyone is talking about Finn Balor and what he is going to do next. This month I haven't sopped mentioning him on Twitter and here on my blog. He's had amazing match after amazing match has been standing out more than anyone on the roster. Two matches stand out the most this month, one, he's match with Hideo Itami witch was just outstanding, I wrote more about this in my top twenty matches of the month witch I will leave the link to bellow. We then had the phenomenal match up between Balor and Adrian Neville witch just left me speechless, and trust me, that never happens. He of course also had that amazing entrance at Takeover.  With a teased feud with a retuning Rhyno and the fact that he is the number one contender for Kevin Owens NXT Championship means that things can only get better.

TOP 20 MATCHES OF THE MONTH

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts