Wrestlemania Predictions: Andre the Giant Battle Royal

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. It's finally Wrestlemania week! It feels like the build up has taken forever but in reality I suppose it's actually gone pretty quick. I remember starting the Wrestlemania season on my blog last month after the Fastlane pay per view and thinking it was never going to come to an end and I would never get all the blog posts done, but hear I am coming into the final stages and I have to admit. I'm going to miss it, witch I never thought I was going to say. Emotional little speech over. We are in the final week of Wrestlemania and we are only six day's away from the biggest event of the year. Because it's the last week it mean's it's of course prediction week. The week I dread the most. This when I spend six day's giving you full predictions for every single match on the Wrestlemania card. In each post I will remind you of everything that has happened over the past thew months or even year to get to this point, what I think will happen on the night of the show and what I think is best for business for both Wrestlemania and the months after. I plan on hopefully uploading a post a day but there may be day's when two prediction posts go up. There will be changes to the regular uploads, RAW Predictions and Review and Reactions will still go up but NXT and Smackdown review and reactions and Saturdays top five will not be going up this week. Right, some quick reminders before we get into the post. The link to the most recent post in Wrestlemania season will be listed bellow including the latest prediction post. I will also leave my Q&A information blog post down bellow also so you can go and check that out. You guys will all probably know by now that I'm hosting a live Q&A two hours before the show. I will also be live tweeting throughout Wrestlemania. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for all the matches on the Wrestlemania card by either leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Right, let's get into the post!

We are on day three, Wednesday, and it's time to talk about the Andre the giant Battle Royal. Debuting last year, the memorial battle Royal is in memory of legend, Andre the giant and to be fair it did go down pretty well last year when Cesaro had a very memorable and impressive win, Eliminating the big show to be the first to hold the trophy. This yea the build up has been much weaker, mainly because there has been no involvement with Hulk Hogan who was the driving force of he project last year and because it flat out just doesn't have that feeling of importance as it did last year. Predicting a winner is a much more difficult this year. I think there are multiple superstars who could and need to win but highlighting a clear winner is much more difficult. I did initially think that Luke Harper was going to walk out the winner and he was my personal choice but after he was put in the Intercontinental championship match, everything changed. What I'm going to be doing today is giving you a list of possible winners and telling you who I personally would like to see win. Remember you can always let me know who yo think is going to win this year by leaving a comment bellow. 

Curtis Axel
The first name going in the list is Curtis Axel. This quite an obvious choice I know, but he is a favourite of mine to win and he is a possible winner this year. For the past couple of months, or should I say since the night after the Royal Rumble pay per view. Axel has been pushing the Axelmania movement after he was never eliminated or in fact never entered the Rumble, he has been claiming to be the rightful winner after he was attacked by Erick Rowan stopping him from being bale to compete. Throughout the past couple of months we have actually seen Axel really entertain the WWE universe, well he has entertained me anyway, witch by the way is an odd thing for me to say because I have moaned a heck of a lot in the past about how boring he is and how he never manages to be entertaining. After everything that has happened this year so far it makes a lot of sense to have Axel win. I think he will be a stand out in the match and he will make sure that all eyes on him as often as he can. I think it's unlikely he will win just because of how badly treated he is by WWE but I do think he will be a stand out and will come down to final five maybe. He is defiantly in with a chance.

Damien Sandow
Damien Sandow is next in the list. For a while now we have seen Sandow work alongside The Miz,starting off as he's stunt double and now he's personal assistant I believe, but as time has gone on the WWE universe have grown into a huge bunch of Sandow fans with everyone getting behind him. For months now we have all been waiting for Sandow to turn on Miz and have he's full on face turn, but it is still yet to happen. Could Wrestlemania thirty one be the day we have all been waiting for. It does seem likely and it does make sense. Any battle royal allows people to turn heel, to turn face, and to make an impact, I mentioned in a recent post that Sandow is in need of a Wrestlemania moment, and while he may not win the Battle Royal (even though having him win would go down really well with the fans) he could still have he's moment and eliminate Miz. The build up is there and to e honest I think if they were to hold it back any more it just wont work and be as effective.

Erick Rowan 
Erick Rowan is next up to go in this little list. I know I don't have to sit here and tell you how much I love Erick Rowan because let's face it, I talk about it pretty much every single freaking week. But on a more serious note he is in serious need of a big push and something new, giving him a Wrestlemania moment is just what he needs. Having Rowan win the Battle Royal wouldn't be a problem at all. He's size makes him an obvious winner and makes it all make sense while at the same time being a very convincing winner/getting a convincing win. Even if he doesn't win he will have a dominate performance and will really stand out. I think it makes sense for him and it will set him off in the right track. But because of how little we have seen of him I doubt he will actually win but I'm sure he will be in the final five or less. Do keep in mind however, he is my favourite going into the royal.

Ryback
Finally, Ryback. I think out of everyone going into the Battle Royal, this year, Ryback is the most likely winner. As I said there isn't really a clear winner but for the past couple of week's I've been watching everyone going into the Battle Royal and I do think Ryback is the most obvious, likely
winner. He's a big, stand out guy with a lot of strength/power and in this particular battle royal I think he really is a possible winner and could easily walk out the winner. He has picked up a thew little victories over the past thew weeks and has all round has had a pretty good five months or so and there is no doubt he will have a dominate performance and be a stand out throughout.

It was also announced this week that there will be a tournament during Wrestlemania Axess with the NXT superstars to determine who will compete in the Andre the giant memorial battle royal. It will consist of the likes of Finn Balor, Adrian Neville, Hideo Itami, and Tyler Breeze. In my opinion I think Breeze deserves it. He's worked he's but off this past year and he is more than ready for the shot and the main roster picture. I think it's close between him and Neville, wither one of them could have it. There set to make their main roster debut very very soon, I do think Neville is the most likely superstar to go into the match. I would really love to see an NXT star win the battle royal this year. It would be the perfect way to put over a new, hot talent and the best way to kick start their run on the main roster.
I have to admit that unlike last year I'm not looking forward to this battle royal. I think it will be quick and simple and won't be as memorable as last year. All of the above are possible winners but what I'm hopeing is we get a surprise winner. I do however like a battle royal, they do keep me entertained, it should be interesting seeing what goes down on the night.

Comments

  1. I like this a lot. Thank you for sharing. I'm always looking for upcycles like this. In the end, you don't know it was a shipping pallet to begin with!
    Natwest T20 Blast 2016 Tv Telecast
    India Vs Zimbabwe Live Telecast

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts