Wrestlemania Predictions: AJ Lee & Paige VS The Bella's

AJ Lee & Paige VS The Bella's
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. It's finally Wrestlemania week! It feels like the build up has taken forever but in reality I suppose it's actually gone pretty quick. I remember starting the Wrestlemania season on my blog last month after the Fastlane pay per view and thinking it was never going to come to an end and I would never get all the blog posts done, but hear I am coming into the final stages and I have to admit. I'm going to miss it, witch I never thought I was going to say. Emotional little speech over. We are in the final week of Wrestlemania and we are only six day's away from the biggest event of the year. Because it's the last week it mean's it's of course prediction week. The week I dread the most. This when I spend six day's giving you full predictions for every single match on the Wrestlemania card. In each post I will remind you of everything that has happened over the past thew months or even year to get to this point, what I think will happen on the night of the show and what I think is best for business for both Wrestlemania and the months after. I plan on hopefully uploading a post a day but there may be day's when two prediction posts go up. There will be changes to the regular uploads, RAW Predictions and Review and Reactions will still go up but NXT and Smackdown review and reactions and Saturdays top five will not be going up this week. Right, some quick reminders before we get into the post. The link to the most recent post in Wrestlemania season will be listed bellow including the latest prediction post. I will also leave my Q&A information blog post down bellow also so you can go and check that out. You guys will all probably know by now that I'm hosting a live Q&A two hours before the show. I will also be live tweeting throughout Wrestlemania. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for all the matches on the Wrestlemania card by either leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Right, let's get into the post!


The first match we are talking about this week and making our predictions for is the only divas match of the night witch will see the Current divas champion team up with her twin sister Brie to take on the team of the youngest divas champ of all time Paige and three time divas champion, longest reigning divas champion and the two thousand and fourteen diva of the year, AJ Lee. I have mad several comments since the match was announced that I think the booking is wrong and instead of  tag team match there should of been a fatal four for the title. I think the fact they haven't got the one and only championship in the divas division being defended at the biggest event of the year is just a major problem. With the #GiveDivasAChance movement being a big deal over the past thew weeks you would of thought that the WWE would have had something much stronger than a tag team match booked for the girls on the most important night of the year. I think in order for this to work and to turn around fan opinion, we are going to have to get one heck of a tag team match. One that is lengthy, entertaining, full of character, and each diva is given the time to shine. I still also think that we should of had AJ Lee VS Stephanie McMahon for Mania. Everything was set this year for the match. The tensions between the two has been growing for the past couple of years and with the Give divas a chance movement and the confrontation between the two over twitter, it would of made perfect sense to kick start the feud on the night of Lee's return, so I'm really disappointed with that and a little confused as to why they didn't go down that angle. What I'm going to do today is take you through what has happened with each diva over the past year, focusing mainly on the last couple of months leading up to Wrestlemania, then I will talk about momentum, giving my full predictions and discussing the months after Wrestlemania.


It was back at the twenty fourteen Survivor Series pay per view that Nikki Bella became the divas
champion after a controversial win over AJ Lee. Now, I'm not the worlds biggest Nikki Bella fan, but I will be the first to admit that over the past year she has shown serious improvements both on the
mic and in the ring and proven to be a worthy champion and whether you like it or not, two thousand and fourteen was all about the Bella twins. At the start of the year it was her sister Brie who was centre of attention, when she began working a feud alongside her real life husband Daniel Bryan, taking on the challenges of the Authority and demon Kane. After Bryan was forced to take time out of action due to a career threatening injury, Brie was given her moment in the spotlight when she entered a feud with Stephanie McMahon. Now, It's almost every single diva in the WWE's dream to feud with Stephanie McMahon, but when Brie was put centre stage she really did struggle at first with mic work and coming across convincingly in her promo's and segments. But when she returned from her fired storyline she showed instant improvements and was even given a match at the second biggest pay per view of the year, Summer Slam, against the one and only, Stephanie McMahon. It was at this pay per view that Nikki stole the spotlight. After spending months receiving punishments from the Authority, Nikki had had enough and double crossed her sister at the biggest moment of her career, setting up a feud between the twins. The storyline of Bella VS Bella didn't go down too well with fans what so ever, with beyond weak promos and segments,the girls struggled to prove they were worthy of being at the top of the roster. When they went one on one at Hell In A Cell, they
admittedly  had a pretty good match and I was impressed with both of them. After Nikki scored the win on the night, Brie was forced to become Nikki's assistant for an entire month witch included the night of Survivor Series when Nikki became the divas champion thanks to Brie herself, when she kissed AJ distracting her and allowing Nikki to get a quick win. To be fair since Night of champions Nikki has been proving herself. Since the performance of that night Nikki has been improving week after week after week both on the mic and in the ring and by the time she became the divas champion she had proven herself enough she was worthy of the championship. Over the past couple of months Nikki has had an interesting ride. She has had a great match with Paige on main event witch was hands down her best match to date. She has also had some decent title defences including her Fastlane match up against Paige and we have also really seen her grow and improve on the mic after she cut a great promo on Smackdown a thew weeks back.


We then have Brie Bella, who I have already spoke about above, has had a great year but since turning heel I really do think that she has struggled to shine and stay on a high. I don't think she works as well as a heel, she seems much more comfortable as a baby face ad comes across better as a baby face. Her heel turn was completely out of the blue witch was a big problem and there has always been that feeling that she will turn on her sister at any moment but it's just never happened. However, I do think she may have her turn either on the night of Wrestlemania or the week/night
after. She is definitely going into Wrestlemania with a fair amount of momentum. She has picked up a strong amount of victories, and has had a great match against AJ Lee a thew weeks back on Smackdown. She also has some solid mic work to bounce off of as well.


Onto Paige now, and let's face it, she had just as much of a good year as the Bella's. Debuting the night after Wrestlemania, Paige made an instant impact when she took on the longest reigning divas champion for the championship right then and there in her debut and shockingly defeated Lee for the championship and became the youngest ever divas champion. From that moment on wards Paige proved every time she was put in the ring that she deserved to be the champ and earned her place on the main roster, defeating the likes of Tamina, Aksana and Naomi. When AJ Lee returned the two girls began feuding and for the fans this was an early Christmas present as a feud between the two had over the years became one of the most anticipated diva feuds in the history of the WWE. However, the WWE failed to live up the hype and the storyline fell flat very quickly, failing to meet the expectations. However, Paige did manage to become a two time divas champion in the process. Unlike Nikki, I am a huge fan of Paige, I have been for what seems like forever. She's only twenty two years old and to think she has achieved so much more than the Bella's have with only being on the main roster under a year, and she is almost ten years younger than them is a pretty big deal. Her unique look and in rig style is always something Paige will have on her side. I am a viewer of Total Divas and I love her on the show and to be honest I don't think it's affected her negatively at all. After her amazing win over Nikki on Main event a couple of months back. I'm a little worried that Paige is going to be out shined by AJ Lee at Wrestlemania, the WWE love putting the attention on the three time divas champ and I'm really hopeing she is not pushed aside too much. This will be Paige's first Wrestlemania and I do think it's crazy that at twenty two and less than a year of being in the WWE she is having a Mania match but good for her, she has worked her butt off since coming up to the main roster and more than deserves a Wrestlemania moment.


Finally, we have AJ Lee. The face of the WWE Divas division. Lee has had an amazing past year, she was the longest reining divas champion, she held the divas championship twice making her three time divas champion and has not been out of the divas championship picture for around two years witch is pretty insane. She was named diva of the year in last years Slammy awards witch made her a two time winner of the award. The first time we saw AJ this year was only a thew weeks back on RAW (in her home town) when she returned after spending three months out of action. Coming to the aid of Paige the two cleared the ring of all Bella's and despite having their issues in the past the two have been working alongside each other and it's actually been really working. Both Paige and AJ are two of my favourite divas an so I'm never going to moan about them being on my TV screen every week. There is no doubt she will be centre of attention this Sunday and sooner or later she will be back in the divas championship picture.


As I said, I still think this should of been a fatal four way but what I am hopeing is that they get a really good match. I know that Wrestlemania night is a busy night and the divas do really struggle to get their time because of how busy it is, but as long as they given at least seven to ten minuets then I won't moan to much. I think with the whole Give divas a chance movement, the WWE can't really afford to screw up on the biggest night of the year with its female talent. I think the stand outs will be AJ Lee, Paige and probably Nikki Bella, but what I'm hopeing is they all get an equal amount of time to shine. It's most likely AJ will get the win for her and Paige but personally I would like to see Paige score the win. I'm also predicting Brie will turn on Nikki after the match or on the night after. The fallout the night after Wrestlemania in the divas division should be interesting.

Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts