Battleground Predictions: Roman Reigns VS Bray Wyatt

Roma Reigns VS Bray Wyatt
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Last month the WWE gave us an amazing Money in the bank pay per view. It was jam packed of phenomenal matches, great story telling, and all round amazing entertainment but now it's time to look at the next chapter, as the road to Summer Slam begins and we starting with Battleground. That's right, this Sunday the WWE will present the third annual Battleground pay per view live from St. Louis, Missouri and what a show we have waiting for us. Our main event will see the self proclaimed future and present of the WWE, Seth Rollins defend he's WWE World Heavyweight championship against the beast, the man who ended the streak, and the man Rollins took the title from back at Wrestlemania, Brock Lesnar. This pay per view has had an insane build up and I cannot wait to really get into prediction week. Now, if you are new to my blog and you don't know about prediction week it's plain and simple; every day from Monday to Saturday I will be uploading prediction blog posts for every single match on the card, analysing every single little thing getting you already for Sunday's show. Then on Sunday I will be uploading my pictures to twitter of who I'm personally backing for each match and I will also be live tweeting throughout the entire show. On the Monday I will have my Review and Reactions post up for you all at eleven PM, UK time with my RAW Predictions following after later on in the day. With so much to get through in today's blog post I don't want to waste any time so I will give you my quick reminders and then we can jump right into everything.  I have already mentioned that I have pushed back NXT month again which I have hated doing but I've had no choice, there will be more on that later this month with more details. I will also have more information coming up with some new projects I'm working on. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts bellow including my Money in the bank review and reactions. Finally,you can let me know what your predictions are for this weekends pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

After Bray Wyatt cost Roman Reigns a shot at a chance of becoming a future WWE World Heavyweight champion last month back at the Money In The Bank pay per view this Sunday live on the WWE network two of the WWE's hottest talents will go one on one live at Battleground. With a surprisingly great storyline and build up this should be an interesting match up but who will be leaving the victor? Will Roman Reigns pick up yet another gigantic win on he's road to the top? Or will Bray Wyatt and he's cryptic mind games lead to him to a victory over the company favourite? In today's blog post I'm going to be going over what both superstars have been up to over the past month and giving you my final, bold predictions. With so much to get through let's waste no time and jump right into things...

Sine Wrestlemania Bray Wyatt has really been struggling to get back on track and get back on a momentum high. We've hardly seen him compete and the best we have had out of him has been he's completely random feud with Ryback. You will remember me having a good old moan about this a couple of months back. I absolutely hated it. It made no sense what so ever and it did nothing for Wyatt apart from keeping Bray on our screens and giving Ryback a great match. I couple of weeks back I did write the second part to my "top five missed opportunities and mistakes made by the WWE in the past five years" and I did a whole paragraph about Bray and he's work with the Undertaker so I will link that full post bellow but I will insert some of what I wrote in that blog post later on. The feud with Reigns has been exactly what he needed to get back on track. The timing has was so so right. Costing Reigns the money in the bank ladder match was the perfect way to get everyone talking about him and get him out of that mid card section of the roster that he has been stuck in over the past couple of months. He has been thrown right back into the spotlight and he's finally got back the attention he needs. The actual storyline has been amazing. I honest did not expect to enjoy it as much as I have been. It's been such a captivating, interesting storyline and one that has really been done well. As usual Bray has delivered some phenomenal mic work and has carried and brought so much to it all. I would of liked to have seen him in action more over the past month but he has done so so well and has made me seriously interested in this storyline. This Sunday he's going to bring that to the match. He's going to bring the unpredictability to the match and really carry on playing the mind games. He always tells such a great story throughout a match and that is going to be something we really see this weekend. I do think this will be a stand out match and I do think that Bray will have a stand out performance. There's no doubt that Wyatt will be someone we all talk about come the end of the night but it's not going to be enough if he doesn't win. He really needs a win this weekend to get right back on track. Both these superstars are on a journey to proving themselves to be future world champion but Wyatt by far needs the win more. A victory over Roman Reigns will get him back on the road he needs to be on and will challenge some of the thoughts we have on the relationship between Roman Reigns, the higher ups and the future of the WWE.

The year of twenty fifteen has been simply phenomenal for Roman Reigns. He's won the Royal Rumble, main evented Wrestlemania, competed at the money in the bank, and be in some of the hottest matches and feuds of the year. Its no secret that I'm not the biggest Reigns fan in the world. I have him a heck of a lot of stick back at the start of the month and I will easily admit that. We all knew that he was no ready to be main eventing and to be WWE World heavyweight champion. He needed to improve and show a lot lot more before he had convinced the fans that he was the right man to hold the gold and I can honestly say he has done just that. I have spent the past thew months really getting behind Roman more and highlighting the fact that he has made some huge changes and improvements both on the mic, in the ring and as a character. Week after week after week he is just getting better and better and better. He's showing more in the ring. He's finding he's own unique style to apply to both he's character and he's mic work and he really is coming together as a top WWE superstar. Saying that, I do still think that he was not ready to become Mr money in the bank this year. Yes, he is getting better, there is no doubt about that, but he's still not just about ready for it yet and I'm glad the WWE realised that. I had the biggest smile on my face when Wyatt cost him the money in the bank contract and I thought it was such a clever way to get him out of the picture. Since Wrestlemania he has been hovering around the WWE World heavyweight championship picture and he needed some time away from it and the Authority. Feuding with Wyatt is just what he needed and I have to say  I have once again bee very very impressed with he's work this past month. This feud has really allowed Roman to shine and come out of he's shell more. This is a much more personal storyline and he has been so convincing and so captivating throughout the build up. He's fully applied himself and on the way has picked up some great victories and competed in some amazing matches, some to have featured in last months top twenty matches of the month, which will be linked bellow. This weekend will be very interesting. Reigns is really going to be pushed to he's limits by Wyatt. This is going to be a really really physical match this Sunday. I don't think Roman needs the win half as much as Wyatt but for the sake of the storyline also, I do think this needs to be Wyatts night for a victory. But Reigns does need a strong performance and I do think he is going to give that. This could easily be Reigns best performance to date.

I have genuinely been surprised with just how much I have enjoyed this feud. I can honestly say I had no interest when the feud started and my expectations were really low. I wasn't expecting a strong story, build up or much from the actual match but that has all completely changed and this has somehow out of nowhere become one of my favourite feuds in all of the WWE right now. The storyline has been done so so well. It's not often now day's in the WWE that I find myself really captivated and interested in a feud but this has done just that. It's been entertaining, haunting, clever and really well done. I think what I love the most about this feud is the timing. Back at the Money in the bank pay per view I really didn't want to see Reigns become Mr money in the bank as I explained earlier and when Wyatt came out the timing was just great right but this was honestly the perfect time for these two superstars in particular to start feuding. As I have already spoken about, Bray has really been struggling since Wrestlemania to find himself in a unique, different, captivating feud that isn't predicable and has bags of entertainment and as for Reigns he needed time away from the Authority storyline and the WWE World Heavyweight championship but still in something strong and interesting. Both these superstars are on their way to the top and while they are both at different stages when it comes to ability they are both still looking to establish themselves as top stars and future champions in the company. I have already spoken about it in today's blog post but both of them had such an interesting, identical performance at Wrestlemania and were really at the peak of their careers and ever since they have struggled to maintain that momentum and keep on a high, more so Wyatt. If they are able to have a great match this weekend then that will be exactly what they need to get back on track. I do think they are going to work really well together. They have great history from the Wyatt Family VS Shield days and they have had some great one on one matches against one another so the chemistry is strong and clear between these two. They gel really really well together and bring out the best in one another. Bray is great at at telling a story throughout a match and knows how to captivate an audience the moment he's music hits. He brings the unpredictability,danger and fear to any match. Reigns on the other hand brings a lot of basic moves to he's matches and adds he's own sense of viciousness and aggressiveness that I love about him. As I mentioned before he is a fighter and when he goes into any match he gives it he's all and he carries on telling that story of a man on a mission to prove himself and that is what we are going to see this weekend. This a very personal, intense, clever feud and one that has and will continue to in the actual bring out the sinister
Roman Reigns on RAW
side of Bray Wyatt and a darker more intense, serious side to Roman Reigns. This is the type of feud that feels so much more real and that brings something to this match no other on the pay per view card hard. We're going to really see Wyatt bring out the best in Reigns and he's wrestling ability. He's really going to push him to he's limits and force Reigns to up he's game to a whole other level. Roman is going to need to be stronger, faster, more technical and more in touch with he's surroundings. I'd love for this to be a real lengthy match, something around the fifteen minuet mark will be great. That will allow them both to showcase a heck of a lot and will put them both under a lot of pressure to deliver to a new standard. In my opinion there is no questions about it, Wyatt needs this win. He's really been struggling since he's feud with the Undertaker back at Wrestlemania and even though he has had a couple of good matches it's not enough. He needs a dominate all round performance and a huge win. I can see this feud going on for at least another month or so witch means there is no problem for Wyatt to pick up the win and it would allow it to go on for a little longer and would push the storyline up a bit. I do think we will see the mind games continue from Wyatt throughout the match and I am really looking forward to this one.

Let me know what your predictions are by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts