TNA Stars that would be a great addition to NXT

Austin Aries
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! So, we have finally kick started NXT month here on my blog yet again. It's been almost a year since I last did NXT month on my blog and I'm so glad it's back. This is a series that you all loved and one that I loved writing so I'm really cited I get to do it again. I know that it's been a long wait. The original plan was to start it in June or July but out of nowhere I got a heavy work load and there was no time to do anything. But it's back now and it's time to get the first post up and going. Today we are talking TNA meets NXT as I give you a list of five TNA stars I think would be great addition to NXT. This post has been inspired by an article I read a couple of weeks back witch I will try and find and link bellow so you can check out. In this post there will be guys who may have worked with the company before, who may not be with TNA any more and who are still working for Impact. I'm not at all in this blog post saying that these stars will defiantly be coming to NXT but they are simply a list of stars I think would be great addition and who I would love to see join the NXT roster. This is a blog post I have been wanting to do for a long tie so I'm so excited to do it. I'd love to know what you think so either a leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria telling me if you agree or disagree with my personal list and who YOU think would be a great addition to the NXT roster. Intro over, lets get into today's blog post!

5) Samuel Shaw
The first guy we are looking at in today's blog post is someone we haven't seen much of, former TNA star, Samuel Shaw. It's been quite some time since we last watches Samuel Shaw compete in an Impact ring and as far as I'm aware he's no longer with the company. I do think he was wasted a little in Impact. I think they put a lot of effort into him in the early stages but it wasn't enough. No he wasn't the greatest wrestler in the world or on the roster but he was good. He was clean in the ring, he executed basic moves nicely, was great on the mic and had one of my favourite gimmicks/characters on the roster. When he came back after he's stalker storyline thing (witch by the way I really liked) he kind of fell a little flat. I didn't get he's relationship with Gunner at all and it was a disappointment. I think if TNA actually had a little bit more faith in him and allowed him to wrestle more and for a longer period of time he would of been great. But it's time to look to the future and I think Shaw would be a great addition to the NXT Roster. He's still a fairly young guy so there is time for him to improve and work on things. He has experience and we all know that he is great at coming across convincing and entertaining. I honestly do think he could bring a lot to NXT. Work between him and guys like Bull Dempsey, Solomon Crowe, Hugo Knox (who is yet to make he's debut), Tyler Breeze, and Baron Corbin would be great. He knows how to tell a story very well and convincingly and that's something that would benefit both NXT and he's career. All the guys mentioned above would be able to push Samuel to he's limits and he would be able to the do same thing. I'd love it if he did sign and they kept he's character or at least something different because could you imagine how great work between him and Dean Ambrose would be with their characters? But I do think he would be someone that would adapt to a new character quickly and well. Shaw's young, got a good body, has experience, and is an all round good, coach-able person, he would fit perfectly with the NXT roster.

4) Gunner 
I have been a huge fan of Gunner for a very very long time and even though things haven't been all that great for him when it comes to booking in recent years, nothing has changed. I still think he's an amazing talent and he's someone that really does inspire me. I wasn't a fan of he's work with Samuel Shaw at all. I don't think it had a clear meaning behind and the booking wasn't great, but I think Gunner still has a lot to offer and a place on the NXT roster might just be what he needs. Now, I will be honest, I don't know if he would have a place on the actual WWE main roster but he's someone who could be used greatly throughout NXT. He could not only push he's only career but help out some of the newer guys on the scene, giving them a little push and the kick start that they need. He's a big guy with a lot of presences and experience and so booking him wouldn't be a tough job what so ever. Personally, I think he would be a great person to work with Baron Corbin and not just because they are book so heavily tattooed either! Their both very very similar. They bring that same feel to arena when their in the room. He would be the perfect guy to carry on pushing Corbin as this top fearless, unstoppable force on the roster. I think there is a lot that he could do and bring to NXT. Work between him and Rhyno would be great also. Just last year Gunner had one of the best matches of he's career when he went one on one with James Storm. It's still a match I talk about a lot and to be fair Gunner is still fairly young and I do think he has a lot to offer. A part time deal would be on the cards one hundred per cent but I honestly do think a full position would be great for him. He would be able to push he's career to a whole new level and I think there are guys down in NXT that he could also learn a lot from too.

3) Velvet Sky
I only have one TNA knockout in this list and even though I know it's very unlikely Velvet Sky would sign a contract with NXT/WWE but she is by far one of the top names I would love to see join the NXT roster so I thought I would add her into the list today and talk about why I would love to see her come and work for NXT at some point. I have been a Velvet Sky fan pretty much from day one and to this day she remains a top favourite of mine. She has had a phenomenal run throughout her career and I honestly think that she could do even more NXT and take her career to a whole other level. The thing with Velvet is she's a women that brings something different. There is no one like her in the WWE at all let alone NXT and that's just with her image. If she was ever brought to NXT and there were member's of the WWE/NXT universe that were not aware of her she would straight away generate a lot of attention because of how she looks. She's something different and different always attracts a lot of attention. I think if she was to sign a contract with them as well she would bring a whole new audience and the WWE would be sending a huge message. Velvet has a big big audience and she would bring that to NXT witch would bring even more attention to the female division. When I talk about the WWE sending a big message to everyone I mean that they would be proving they are going in a new direction with the women of the company. For a long time now we have always see one type of image in the divas division. The model, girly type and when women like AJ Lee, Becky Lynch, and Paige came a long things started to change a little and looking at other women the WWE have signed it's clear they are going for a more diverse image and I love that. Bringing Velvet to the roster would really send a message that things are changing in the company and it would generate a lot of attention and talk. What Velvet would also bring is experience. At the moment there is no long time experienced female wrestler on the NXT Roster. We have girls from the independent scene and women that have been wrestling for a great deal of time but Velvet has a whole other level of experience and she would have so much to offer and bring to NXT. She would be able to help push and kick start the careers of women like Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Emma, and even Bayley even more. She would be seen as  areal threat to the division and the NXT championship and storyline wise there is plenty they could do with her because she has so much experience and we all know she tells a story great. I'd love to see Velvet join the NXT roster even if it's just for a thew months. She would be a great addition either as a part timer or a full time member of the roster.

2) James Storm
There have been a lot of rumours that the WWE want James Storm to work with the NXT roster and join a long line of big names making their way to the "developmental" territory" and I have to admit I would love to see him join the NXT roster also. Storm has so much experience in the ring after wrestling for  over fifteen years he has seen the best and worse of the business and it's that experience that would do wonders in NXT. Over the past year NXT has become way more than just a developmental territory and has morphed into it's own brand, now touring, having live shows, superstars and divas having their own merch, and stars like Rhyno and Samoa Joe being brought to the roster, NXT is the place for everyone. It's the home of the future and the present and James would fit right into the roster. The WWE do want to continue bringing this big, experienced stars to NXT. Having part timers and more experienced stars to the roster would boost the popularity of NXT and with more tour shows around the corner it's going to generate even more interest. James Storm is one of those stars. He would will come with he's very own fan base full of people who have supported him for many many years in he's career. For people who haven't heard of him it wouldn't take long for people to be hooked by him and take a big liking to him. He's someone who can captivate an audience at the click of he's fingers and over the years he has put on some of the best matches I have personally seen ever. What I've always about James Storm is he's a very dark character. He would bring something very different to NXT, something we haven't seen before, something that it's missing. Storyline wise the WWE would be spoilt for choice. It would be a dream seeing Storm and Balor feud in NXT. They could hands down have one of the best feuds and match and in NXT and WWE history. I also think they could do some clever work with the likes of Solomon Crowe and Hideo Itami as well with James Storm. He could really help kick start and get guys like Crowe and Baron Corbin off in the right direction while also ending he's own career on a big big high. He's well experienced in both singles and tag team competition, he's great at captivating an audience, telling a story and making money for himself and any company. I think he would be an amazing addition to the NXT Roster.

1) Austin Aries
And lastly, a man I have spoken tones about here on my blog and on twitter, Austin Aries. I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of personally but I think he's an amazing wrestler, one of the best
James Storm
in the world even, but I do think I prefer watching him when he is working as a heel rather than a baby face. Anyway, I have been saying for a long time that I think Aries would be a perfect addition to the WWE and I'm so surprised the WWE haven't had him already. Even though Aries is going back to the indies I do hold on to the fact there's a chance of him one day going to NXT with the fact that NXT is growing and getting better and better week by week, day by day month by month, NXT is the place for Austin Aries. Over the past year we have seen some big big names make their way to the NXT roster including Kevin Owens, Rhyno, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Samoa Joe and so many more, Austin Aries would be a perfect name to add to that list. He has so much experience, so much variety, so much story to bring and offer. Just like everyone I have mentioned above, Austin Aries is someone that will bring a huge following with him but by signing him the WWE would generate so much attention approval from the WWE/NXT Universe. For years now the fans of the WWE have been talking about how well Aries would fit into the WWE roster and how much he could bring and that hasn't changed at all. Can you imagine feuds between him and the likes of Finn Balor, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. These are dream feuds that everyone would love to see. He has a lot of experience, he has a huge following, star quality, and would be a huge huge name to the NXT Roster.

Comments

Popular Posts