RAW Predictions

Randy Orton on Smackdown last week
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! Tonight we have the official go home show for the Battleground pay per view witch of course will be taking place this Sunday live on the WWE Network and cable TV. You will all know by now that my predictions for the pay per view have already started being uploaded with the first going up earlier on today. I will make sure to link that bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. Throughout the week right up until Saturday I will be uploading those prediction posts and then on Sunday I will be live tweeting throughout Battleground. In today's blog post I'm going to be giving you my predictions for this weeks Monday night RAW. Looking at what I think needs to happen in the final build up to Battleground and recapping all of last weeks action. Before we get into today's blog post I have a couple of reminders and updates for you starting with NXT month. This week NXT month will start and run all the way through until the middle of August. I mentioned last week that because of the fact we have NXT Takeover and Summer Slam one day after the other it would mean I would of had no time to upload all the NXT blog post for the series I would of likes to and I didn't want to push it back another month, so the first post will be up sometime this week and NXT Review and Reactions post will be up every week from this week as well. I will link bellow and recent blog post including last weeks RAW Predictions and Review and Reactions. Finally,you can let me know what your predictions are for this weeks RAW by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So we are just six days away from from the two thousand and fifteen Battleground pay per view witch means we only have one more RAW left until the show. Tonight is so so important in giving the matches for the Battleground card one last push and for those matches that have not been announced yet to be announced and put on the card. There is still space for a couple more matches and so we can expect those to be announced tonight. In this weeks RAW Predictions I'm going to be doing things a little backwards. Instead of saving the main event stuff till last I'm going to be talking about all that right now at the start of the post. So last week we saw Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar open the show with a killer promo. The entire show revolved around Lesnar and Rollins but we once again never saw the two actually collide. Instead, mid way through the show instead attacking the champion, Brock took it upon himself to take he's anger out on the car that Rollins had brought J&J Security the previous week. Now when I say he destroyed that car, I literally  mean he destroyed that car and in the process almost killed a fan by throwing a car door. Just another typical day for Brock Lesnar. On Smackdown Rollins got a little lippy with Heyman witch I loved. The opening segment between the two of them was great and I really did enjoy it. I thought it was a vital part of the build up and it will play an even bigger part in tonight's show. What I'm expecting to see this week or at least what I would like to see is for Rollins and Lesnar to clash. I have heard that Brock is scheduled to appear on RAW again tonight. In a dream world I'd like to see Lesnar gain even more momentum by competing in a little squash match. Even though I know it's seriously unlikely I do think it would be a great addition to the show. If Kane's back from he's little vacation then maybe that could be something we could see. After all Kane did miss the action last week and it would be he's turn to get a taste of he's own medicine from Lesnar. No matter what we get tonight what I think we really need see is Lesnar and Rollins clash one on one. So no interference by Kane or J&J Security just a flat out brawl between Rollins and Lesnar just so that we can  be reminded once again just how dangerous he is and allow him to gain even more momentum. Maybe a contract signing would be a great way to set it up. But we can expect to see in tonight's show is more mic work from Paul Heyman and Rollins. I'd like to see Rollins compete tonight just so he can gain even more momentum and after month Cesaro is having I'd love to see them go at it in a huge match tonight. Even though after how Smackdown ended it's more likely we will get Ryback ad Reigns VS big show and Seth Rollins witch I will hate!

Talking of Cesaro, we have seen the former tag team champion on a massive role over the past couple of weeks. We have finally seen the WWE book him good and right and it's been a huge treat seeing him being treated so well by the WWE for a change. For two weeks in a row we have seen him take on United States champion John Cena both for the title in two phenomenal matches. Two matches that have once again proven just how great of an in ring competitor Cesaro is and after seeing actually main event an episode of Monday night raw was just amazing. It's a great time to be a fan of Cesaro right now. I have read a lot of articles over the past week talking about how now is the right time for Cesaro to get he's big push and I have also read a lot of articles that claim that he should be put in the United States championship match at Battleground. Personally, I do think now is the perfect time for Cesaro to get he's big push. He more than deserves it and he is on the right track at the moment but I'm not sure about putting him in the championship match at Battleground. I think we have a lot of great stuff going on between Owens and Cena and while it would be easy to put Cesaro into the match I don't think he should be added to it just because I'm enjoying the work between Cena and Owens as it is and I think we should just keep it like that for now. However, like I said I think that now is there perfect time for him to start getting a push. Now he's working as a baby face it opens so many doors for him and I think there is so much that the WWE can do with him right now. I have already mentioned that I would like to see Cesaro go one on one with Seth Rollins tonight. Given the time these two could easily have a match of the year quality match up. I think keeping the booking strong for Cesaro is going to be key. So allowing him to take on big names like Sheamus, John Cena, and of course the WWE World Heavyweight champion, Seth Rollins.

As we have already started talking about John Cena and Kevin Owens we might as well continue and stay along those lines. So, this Sunday John Cena will defend the United States championship against Kevin Owens for the first time. I honestly cannot wait for this match. I think out of every match on the card this weekend this is easily the one I'm most looking forward too. It's had a very strong build up and we can only expect the best from these two. Like I have already said I don't think the WWE will put Cesaro in the match and I'm not sure if I would like to see him in the match but I wouldn't mind and it wouldn't come to a surprise if they did add him to it. Of course if it does become a triple threat that will be announced tonight. However, keeping to what we already know and using that to make our predictions for tonight I would love to see Kevin Owens in action. He didn't compete last week so it would be nice to see him gain some much needed momentum tonight. After loosing he's NXT Championship to Finn Balor at Beast in the east, Owens really is in need of a big win before taking on Cena this weekend. The most likely booking would of course be Cesaro VS Owens and if we do get that I hope that the match is a long one just because I know these two could tare the house down. They had a pretty good match last month so I think given more time they could easily have a match of the month. As for John Cena, if we get another open challenge it would be hard to choose someone to awnser it. Maybe someone like Ambrose or Reigns. If he took on Reigns it would make it easy for it to end by DQ with Wyatt interrupting it. It would also be an easy way for both superstars to gain some momentum and have a good showing before Sunday and their matches on the pay per view.

Moving on to Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt. I loved this feud at the start but the fact that Reigns has still had so much involvement with Seth Rollins it just hasn't worked as well for me. I wanted to see much more effort put into this storyline because it could of been great but for me it just hasn't lived up to the expectations and I'm really really disappointed with that. However, we have seen them collide a couple of times over the past week and I think tonight it's important we see that continue. I'd love to see Roman Reigns just stay as far away from Seth Rollins as physically possible this week. All the attention needs to go on him and Wyatt so that there is a lot of interest in their Battleground match. Like I keep saying, I really do think it's important Bray is in action tonight. We hardly see him wrestle on RA and so I'd like to see that change tonight. Maybe he could take on someone like Cesaro or we could see him take on John Cena in an open challenge. Either way I really want to see more work between him and Reigns tonight. The most likely booking for Reigns tonight is tag team action as I have already mentioned you know how much I really wouldn't like seeing but I can't see how else they would book him unless he got he's rematch against either Big Show or Sheamus from last week.

So last week saw Randy Orton return (again) to the WWE and set he's sights on Sheamus (again). I don't have a problem with these two feuding. I think it's what they both need. They have great chemistry, great history and we know they can put on a great match against one another. We can more than expect a one on one match to take place at Battleground to be announced for the two tonight at some point in the show. I doubt they will go one on one tonight and instead we are more likely to just get a response from Sheamus after what Orton had to say last week on Smackdown. When it comes to booking tonight we could see a lot from both. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between Reigns and Sheamus. I also wouldn't mid seeing Sheamus take on someone like Cesaro. As for Orton booking him tonight might be harder but he does need to be in action. He's been out for a while and if he is to compete against Sheamus at Battleground this weekend then he is going to need some momentum before the show. Maybe after what we saw last week on Smackdown we will see Orton compete in a handicap match against the Ascension. Other things we can expect to see is the New day and The prime time players continue to try and one up each other and get the upper hand before Sunday. Rusev will also look to continue to keep he's momentum at an all time high and if
Cesaro last week on RAW
Ziggler isn't set to return any time soon the Rusev will be competing in another basic match to keep him looking good. If Ziggler is back this week and they don't keep him out with a big injury storyline then a one on one between them for Battleground is likely to be announced.

Finally lets look at the divas division. I'm still really hating the work from the divas division right now. I hate that it's looking as though Nikki won't be defending her Divas championship this weekend and the storyline at the moment has gotten way too boring for my liking. It feels as though the main roster divas division is taking a huge step back slowly but surely. If there's going to be a divas match for Battleground this weekend then it should be announced tonight and it seems like we are most likely going to get something like Tamina, Naomi and Paige VS The Bella's and Alicia Fox. I'm still waiting for Charlotte to debut and Eva Marie to get back in action so there is at least something to look forward too.

Remember, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Battleground Predictions: New Day VS Prime Time Players

Comments

Popular Posts