RAW Predictions

Sasha Banks and Charlotte 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good! It's the start of yet another week witch means its time for this weeks RAW Predictions and as we make our way slowly into a new month and with Summer Slam fastly approaching we can expect a lot in tonight's show. Last week we were treated to what was a great Monday night RAW. It's been a while since I have enjoyed an edition of RAW that much. I had so much fun writing the Review and watching the show so I'm hopeing for the same this week. In today's blog post I'm going to be recapping all of last weeks action and giving you my full predictions for tonight's show. Before we get into the post however, I have a couple of updates and reminders for you starting with NXT month. So you will know by now that NXT month has officially started on my blog. We kick started the season with two NXT Review and on Saturday I started uploading the full posts in the series. So far you guys have been enjoying the series and I'm so so glad. I am still pre posting for the series so if there is any blog posts you would like to see in the series let me know by leaving a comment bellow and I will get right onto that. I want to remind you that I will be uploading my NXT Takeover Predictions much earlier than they would usually go up. So instead of them being uploaded on the week of the show they will go up a week before because of Summer Slam Prediction week but the Review and Reactions post will be up the morning after as usual. I will link bellow any recent blog post including the most recent NXT Season blog post and last weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for tonight's show are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

I'm going to kick start this weeks RAW prediction looking at the one thing we all haven't stopped talking about over the past week, an no I'm not talking about the Hogan situation, I'm talking about Brock Lesnar VS The Undertaker. So last weekend at the Battleground pay per view we saw the return of the Undertaker as he set out to get some redemption against the man ended he's Wrestlemania streak, Brock Lesnar. The night after on RAW the two superstar clashed in what was one of the biggest brawls of the entire year. It was announced during the start of the show that at the Summer Slam pay per view in four weeks time Lesnar and Taker would go one on one in the main event. So what can we expect tonight? Well during last weeks show we saw Lesnar leave the arena via force and there was no other talk of it on the show. We also got a phenomenal promo from Paul Heyman witch by the way is the running for promo of the freaking year. When it comes to this week I can imagine that the WWE will take things down a notch. This is the main event of the second biggest pay per view of the year so it's not going to be pushed aside what so ever but I'm not expecting part two of the brawl. What I would personally like to see is a response from Triple H. We did see him come out an try and separate Taker and Lesnar and he spent the first hour of the show stressing the fact that he did not want them colliding during the show and that is exactly what we got so it would make sense if he came out tonight either at the start of the show (witch would make the most sense) or at some point reacting to what happened last week and telling the WWE universe that it won't be happening again. I don't think there is a need for Heyman to cut another promo. There's quite some weeks until Summer Slam and I don't want all the crazy promos to all be thrown at us at the start. However, I do think he could easily fit onto the card tonight, maybe interrupting Triple H or something. I'm doubting both superstars being on the card tonight but it would be interesting.

Right, up next I'm talking about Seth Rollins. In case you forget he's our WWE World Heavyweight Champion, it's pretty hard to remember lately I know. I have no idea what the WWE are doing with Rollins at the moment. It feels like they've run out of ideas and are slowly giving up on him. Everything he does seems to be repetitive, the proms, the matches, the segments, the storyline's. There's nothing new and interesting to be excited about. Don't get me wrong he had a great Smackdown main event last week against Cesaro but apart form that I don't have anything very good to say.  I was disappointed with how things ended between him and Lesnar. They had such a great build up and such a great story and it just got lost. With Takers return it made us forget about the actual main event and the story there. I didn't feel like we got the ending that we should have and deserved so I was really disappointed. At the moment it looks like the direction the WWE are going in for Rollins is a Champion VS Champion match against John Cena at Summer Slam. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the idea. Plain and simple. I don't like it. I think if the WWE had dropped the US championship to Kevin Owens at Battleground (yes I'm still moaning about that) and then have Cena move onto a feud with Seth Rollins it would have gone down much much better. He would of been able to chase after the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and Owens could have defended the title against Cesaro. I don't know, I'm just not feeling the idea of a champion VS champion match. To be fair it's only been one week since the hints and the rumours started and I might even like the idea with time. For tonight however we seriously need to start seeing some stronger booking for Rollins. To be honest I would have preferred to have seen Rollins VS Triple H at Summer Slam but it's fine I can ditch the idea for now. Rollins really does need to start being booked stronger. The WWE need to start actually booking him like a champion. There's no reason for him to go one on one with Cesaro again so it's pretty hard to decide who he should take on but I'd say someone like Orton maybe. They have great back story and with the work between Orton and Sheamus they could easily tie in two feuds and a potential future feuds. If Rollins does take on Orton the match could easily end with Sheamus saving Rollins back by attacking Orton while also reminding Rollins he's Mr Money in the bank.

As I've already mentioned he's name I might as well move on to talking about Kevin Owens. I'm not going to go into one big rant about he's Battleground loss because I will bore you all to death with it! What I will say is that I still have hope for him and I don't think he's loss against Cena at Battleground is going to badly effect he's career. I have heard some rumours that there are certain names in the WWE that are not rooting for or seeing the hype in Owens witch by the way, if you don't see the hype in Owens then you shouldn't be working in the Wrestling business. Simple. Before he had he's championship match against Cena at Battleground we saw him slowly start a feud with Cesaro and over the past week really have seen that get going. Now, I don't know about you but I love the idea of these two going at Summer Slam. Give these two fifteen minuets in the ring and they are hands down going to give us the match of the year. No doubt about it. They are two of the most interesting, entertaining superstars to watch in the ring and I would have the time of my life writing a prediction for their match and a review on it so I do hope it's booked. Last Thursday on Smackdown  we did see them compete in separate matches. Owens went one on one with Rusev witch made perfect sense and Cesaro was in the main event going one on one with the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins in what a phenomenal main event. They did however cross each other backstage and Owens did attack Cesaro after he's match closing the show. I don't think they will meet in the ring tonight, I would mind if they did but I'd rather it be saved for Summer Slam. The booking for them both tonight should be interesting. I would like to see them both compete tonight. Maybe we could have Sheamus take on Cesaro and Owens go one on one with someone like Randy Orton for example. I do think they will collide at some point tonight after how Smackdown last week ended. Cesaro is going to be out for some revenge tonight.

Let's next take a look at the divas division. The diva revolution is on fire right now. Last week on RAW the women got two great matches and on Smackdown we had yet another awesome match witch was actually one of my favourite diva matches of the month. I'd really like to see Becky Lynch compete tonight in a singles match. We've only seen her compete in tag team competition so far and I love for her to get in the ring during tonight's show maybe taking on someone like Alicia Fox. Fox, Lynch and Tamina are the divas we are yet to really see in action since the revolution. We got a taste of Becky Lynch last week on RAW but it wasn't enough at all. I think it's pretty clear Tamina in particular will be competing tonight. She really does need to do more because before her Fox seem to be a little lost at the moment. What I am loving is that for the first time in a long time I'm excited for diva matches and I'm expecting a lot from them witch is just amazing and about time too. It's great seeing that everyone is excited for diva matches now.

Dolph Ziggler has been out for action for a thew weeks now and it's only a matter of time until he makes he's return. Now, there are a number of Summer Slam matches that could be announced with this love square. We could have Dolph and Rusev go one on one while also getting Lana VS Summer Rae or we could get a mixed gender tag team match. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the above. We have seen Lana give Summer Rae a little taste of her own medicine and we all know that this week Summer and Rusev are going to have a thew things to say about what happened last week. I'd like to see Rusev and Summer cut an in ring promo talking about what happened last week and we see Ziggler return. Lana did mention last week in a backstage interview that Ziggler just needs the all
clear and I do think it's a huge possibility he could be making he's return during tonight's show and if he does come back we all know that he will be going straight for Rusev. Another feud I have been really enjoying is the work between Stardust and Adrian Neville. I know that there a great deal of people who are not liking this and think that Neville deserves better and you're right he can be booked stronger but I'm loving this feud so much right now. Like I said in my Smackdown review, I'm such a big comic book fan and this is just fulfilling all my needs right now. I'm so entertained by it and I just love it. I do think that we will eventually see the dude from Arrow make an appearance. Either Stardust will face him one on one at Summer Slam after defeating the current hero Adrian Neville or we will get a triple threat, either way I'm excited. I don't think they will have another match tonight because their both already one/one and I'm not sure if ending it yet is the right thing but it will be interesting.

Finally, we have the work going on between Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. I'm actually really liking where this is going. It's an interesting feud and one that's so easy to get into. We are likely to see Harper and Ambrose go one on one tonight. It would be interesting seeing who else joins the Wyatt family with Rowan out of action and the same goes for Reigns and Ambrose.

Let me know what your predictions for tonight's show are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

NXT Stars Yet to Debut to watch out for
RAW Review and Reactions
Smackdown Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts