Top 20 Matches of July part 1

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. So it's the end of another month witch means I'm back today with my top twenty matches of July! I really do think that July was actually a long month! So many people told me that they thought July went past really really quickly but I could not disagree any more! Literally, I think it was the longest month of the year so far. I was super busy throughout July and I know for a fact that I'm even more busy in August. Next month is a huge huge month, we have Summer Slam, NXT Takeover, the end of Tough Enough and NXT month here on my blog will continue and conclude. So the work load is going to be huge over the next four weeks or so. Plus it's my birthday on the eighteenth so there's also a lot to look forward too in August. I hope you guys are all enjoying NXT month so far, it's been so fun and I have really enjoyed writing the blog post. Now, I am still pre posting for the season so if there is any posts you would like to see in the series then let me know before the end of next week! I have also started pre posting my predictions for Summer Slam and NXT Takeover. My NXT Takeover posts will be up a week before the show because of Summer Slam. I will link bellow any recent blog post including this weeks RAW Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know what has been your match of the month by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

20)The Bella Twins VS Naomi and Sasha Banks (Smackdown 23/7)
Up next, another divas match. It feels so good to finally be able to have more than one divas match in my top twenty matches of the month. There have been many months where I haven't even had one so to be writing this months top twenty and having up to three is just great. It's been an amazing month for the WWE divas division and this was hands down one of my favourite diva matches of the month. I know there are a lot of people who don't watch Smackdown but I hope you have seen this match anyway. I wasn't actually going to watch Smackdown on this weeks but I'm so glad I did. The girls had one of the longest matches of the night if not the longest. That in itself is just music to my ears. I cannot remember the last time I said a divas match was one of the longest matches of the night. I felt as though the Bella's had the night they had been waiting for since the divas revolution. They finally were able to get their stand out night and time to shine. They worked amazingly well together. Even though Sasha Banks and Naomi worked great together the fact that the Bella's are twins and have been teaming together since birth just shined through in this match. They had some great double teaming and worked perfectly with one another. Nikki Bella finally had time to look like a divas champion. She looked strong and dominate whenever she was in the ring and I was left really quite impressed with her performance. The exact same thing goes to Brie Bella who has been impressing me throughout the month. Sasha Banks and Naomi did just as good. Making frequent tags and dominating a good chunk of the match. Sasha looked much much more confident. She's hands down one of the best female wrestlers the WWE has ever had but we could tell she was a little nervous at Battleground however last night on Smackdown she seemed much more comfortable and at home. She brought the sass, the attitude and the character and was great stand out. Despite being pinned, Naomi also looked dominate throughout this match. I love her aggressive nature and attitude she brings to any match. I really really enjoyed this one. I loved how it ended, I think the Bella picked up a much needed win and I liked the role Tamina and Alicia also played out side of the ring.

19) Bray Wyatt VS Roman Reigns (Battleground 19/7)
We are once again going back to the Battleground pay per view for the next match in my top twenty of the moth and this time we are looking at the one on one match between Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt. This was one of my favourite feuds of the past month but it had its weak moments. Right at the start we got such great story development and story telling that I was hooked and my expectations reached an all time high. However as time went on in the build up Reigns did a lot of work outside of the feud witch at times I wasn't all that sure about. However, the actual match did not disappoint in the slightest. I was honestly hooked when it came to this match. I was honestly taking it way too seriously. Reigns did come into this match with a whole new attitude. There was no smile on he's face and he had he's game face on completely. It meant that the story telling in this match started right at the very start when they were entering. You could see and feel the story being told and I loved that. The match was much much more fast paced than I expected it to be.It was split throughout and it meant that you never knew what was going to happen next and who was going to get the upper hand. I also think this was the perfect match to showcase how far Reigns has come over the past year. Wyatt really pushed him to he's limits last night and Reigns didn't back down. He worked really really hard and stood he's ground perfectly. I also liked how split the crowd was in this match too. There were a couple of predicable moments but they faded out and because I was so into the match I didn't really care. Wyatt's all round performance in this match was just amazing! He was seriously on he's A game last night. But this was also one of the best performances I have seen from Roman Reigns so I have to credit them both. I know a lot of people moaned that this match dragged on but I loved it and thought it was an amazing match. The closing moments saw Roman Reigns get attacked by a man in a hoodie who would later be revealed as Luke Harper. This allowed Wyatt to get a quick victory. I loved the ending to this match. Like honestly cannot tell you how happy this made me. The ending to this match was done so so well and it tied everything together perfectly.

18)Robbie E VS Jessie Godderz (TNA 12/7)
Up next is a match that really really impressed me and I'm so glad I can put in my top twenty matches of the month. I honestly did not expect this to be one of my favourite matches of the month at all when this was first announced for the night. Even though I have been a fan of the storyline and watching Jessie's big heel run as a solo competitor, I haven't ever been a big fan of either of these wrestlers from the start of their careers so my expectations where fairly low. I have to admit though, these guys stole the show for me and really changed my opinion. Jessie has been impressing me so so much since he parted with the Bro mans. Working on he's own as this big bad guy is really paying off for him. I still think he lacks a lot of character and charisma and I can't see myself jumping up and down as he enters for a match but he is impressing me so much in the ring and I had no idea he was as good as what we are seeing from him recently. He's really standing out for me and impressing me. What I loved about this match is how much chemistry we had between Robbie and Jessie. After teaming up for so long these guys know each other so well and that showed throughout this match. They kept it interesting by telling a story and I found myself very very entertained by the action. I was surprised with just how strong and good the actual wrestling was from both guys. They upped their game massively. I was hooked from the start and throughout and I found myself into the match way more than I was expecting too. I loved how it ended. Jessie came across very very strong throughout the match and the ending was great for him. Robbie E had a great showing too and together they easily put on the best match of the night. I just had to have it in this months top twenty.

17)Brie Bella VS Charlotte VS Sasha Banks (Battleground 19/7)
Now, if you have been living under a rock over the past couple of weeks then you won't know what I'm talking about but long story short, the divas of the WWE took the fuck over as Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and the current NXT Women's champion Sasha Banks arrived on the scene and we had Team Bella, Team Paige, and Team BAD go to war. Last night at Battleground on the kick off show it was announced that Stephanie McMahon had told all nine divas to be at Battleground. Stephanie then announced that each team had to chose a representative to compete in a triple threat match later on in the night. We found out later on in the night Sasha Banks would be competing for her team, Charlotte for hers and Brie Bella for team Bella. The crowd were very very behind Sasha last night and it was so great seeing the crowd so into a divas match. All the girls got an amazing reaction from the crowd. Team Paige probably got the biggest pop. Sasha by far brought the most character. She was the true stand of this match from the start and throughout. She showed the main roster what a real viscous diva looks like and does in the rig. She took control, making alliances in the match and proving why she is the NXT Women's champion. You could tell both Charlotte and Sasha were a little nervous. there were a couple of messy moments but this is the first time they have competed at a live pay per view so I'm not going to be too judgey.  Brie did get lost in the match a couple of times but she had her moments and had some great spots. She was under a heck of a lot of pressure competing against two of the best women in all of the WWE in fact two of the best female wrestles in the world but she held her own really really well. I think the problem with this match at times was that it was too thought out. They over thought some things and that's what made it messy but it was still a great great match and so much better than what we are used to seeing from the main roster female talent. We got some amazing spots last night from all three girls. In the end Charlotte was able to get Brie Bella to tap out but this was one great match. Finally, some changes in the women's division and its about time. The diva revolution has officially started. This being the first match in the change and it being so long, and so technical, and full of so much action, it had to be in my top twenty this month.

16)Sheamus VS Dean Ambrose (Smackdown 23/7)
Up next the Smackdown one on one match between Dean Ambrose and Mr Money in the bank, Sheamus. I think the booking made sense. I don't mind seeing Ambrose and Sheamus, aka two of the most attractive men in the WWE go one on one. They have a decent amount of chemistry, they work well together and have put on some pretty decent matches in the past. I do want to see more from Sheamus in the next couple of weeks or so leading up to Summer Slam. After all he is Mr Money in the bank and I would really like it if he started being booked like it. I am really enjoying him work as a top heel. He makes a great bad guy. Really convincing and he's giving us so much character and charisma whenever he is on screen. Before the match started Sheamus took it upon himself to cut a little promo. He did a good job but he seriously needs to watch what he says becomes sometimes I'm listening to him and I'm just thinking, wow this guy sounds borderline insane. So he just needs to reign it in a little. Ambrose did have a little smart come back to get under the skin of Sheamus before they started wrestling witch was a nice little touch. We saw the early stages of the match dominated by Dean Ambrose. He controlled the pace of the match and really took it to Sheamus. Straight away this became a very physical match with a lot of the action both inside and outside of the ring. One thing that both superstars really brought to this match from the very start right to the very end was character. Their both huge huge characters and we saw them bring so much of it to this match. We had crazy Ambrose being crazy Ambrose and we had Sheamus bring that old school tough guy feel. I'm seriously loving both characters and together they just work perfectly. I felt like both superstars had a good showing. I really really enjoyed the match. It was full of character and was very very physical. They told a good, strong story throughout the match and I found it to easy to get into. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the match half as much as I did and I thought it was a great way to open the show. The closing moments of the match saw Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper cause the distraction allowing Sheamus to pick up a much need big win over Ambrose. I know there are going to be a lot of people moaning about how this match ended and what ever but you know what, I really liked it.

15) Drew Galloway VS Ethan Carter III (TNA 19/7)
Up next is another TNA match and this is probably the TNA match up that I enjoyed the most this month. It was one of the matches I was most looking forward to and most got into so I had to have it in this month's top twenty. Earlier on in the show we sat a twenty man over the top battle royal take place to determine the man who would take on Ethan Carter in the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight championship. From the moment this was announced I was backing Drew Galloway. There was no doubt about it. He's one of my top favourites on the entire roster and after what happened the previous week I felt like he would have been the best option for the main event, so you can imagine just how happy I was when he won. The championship match itself didn't disappointment. It was honestly, a great main event. These are two of my favourite wrestlers in the company so I may be a little bias here but I enjoyed this match so much. Galloway spent a lot of time in control. He's a big, powerful guy and he showed that massively throughout this match. He used he's height and weight advantage to just that and those chops literally had me clenching my own chest! I loved the fan interaction in this match as well. Both guys have a unique way of getting the crowd involved and I love that. I was actually surprised to see just how well they worked together and how much of a good story they told throughout this match. I wasn't expecting that at all. I really liked outside work between Tyrus and Eli Drake too. The match was so easy to get into, it was easily the match of the night and I enjoyed it so much more that I thought I was going to. I really really liked how this match ended. I was honestly not expecting that heel turn from Eli Drake. It came to such a surprise but it made me love the match even more. Everything about it was great and I really really liked this match.

14)Dean Ambrose VS Bray Wyatt (Smackdown 2/7)
On the second of this month we had a great match between Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt on Thursday night Smackdown. The eater of worlds VS The Lunatic Fringe.These guys have a great history in the ring and have had some great great matches in the past. Their two of the biggest characters in all of the WWE and that combined with their chemistry and amazing story telling means they put on phenomenal matches and keep me and everyone else very very entertained. I thought the booking made sense last night and was a good move to make. Ambrose hasn't really been in a big  feud or storyline but he is still being booked very well throughout the month and taking on someone like Wyatt was great for him. As for Bray, he's been a great storyline with Roman Reigns but on the night as I had spent all of that week saying we need to see more of him actually wrestle because cutting amazing promos all the time isn't going to be enough. I'm a huge Bray Wyatt and I want to see him actually compete and so going one on one with Ambrose was perfect booking in my opinion. It was a really great way for him to gain a great deal of momentum, get everyone talking, and fit in a great match in the process. So to be fair this was a win win situation for both superstars. This match was just fantastic. A really great way to open the show. It was very fast paced throughout, literally from the very start right through to the very end. They worked exceptionally well together in a match that flowed and was all round really well put together. I also actually liked the commentary for this match. Tom, Jimmy Uso, and Jerry did a great job calling the action and hyping the current feud between Bray and Roman and I liked Jimmy's personal input also. However, what I loved the most about this match was how basic it was and the ending. It was a simple clean ending. There was no outside interference, no wrong decisions, nothing. The closing moments all came together well and it was so nice seeing a match just end cleanly. Wyatt pinning Ambrose was exactly what he needed. It was that big win that I have been saying I want him to see all week long and I'm so glad he got it. It was a great match and Wyatt picked up a great deal of momentum while Ambrose got a great match also.

13)Sasha Banks VS Paige (RAW 27/7)
Up next is another divas match. I meant it when I said there was more than one divas match this month! So on the last RAW of he month it was all about firsts and Paige and the NXT Women's Champion, Sasha Banks went one on one for the first time on Monday Night RAW. I was looking forward to this match because I knew it was going to be a good one. They were two of the original NXT Divas and they have such great history in the ring together and that shows when ever they share a ring. It's clear they have a great deal of chemistry and their styles compliment each other so well. Now, although Paige did botch the bank statement (again) the match was one of my favourite diva matches of the month. It had a good length to it, both divas got to showcase a great deal and I did really really enjoy it. I thought Paige was very impressive despite botching a thew moves and being a little unclean at times. It was good seeing her try some new things. The crowd were really behind her. She easily had the most support from the live crowd. Sasha Banks however I felt carried the match. She spent the early stages of the match taking a real beating from Paige but while the former two time divas champion may have been in control, Banks sold every single move down to perfection and made getting beaten up look good! Talking of Sasha, the amount of character she brought to the match was great. I loved it when she mocked Paige and spoke directly at the crowd. She has a great connection with the fans and in my opinion is hands down the best female heel in the WWE right now. The booking made sense, the match was long and I was beyond delighted that Sasha picked up the huge win. That is how you end an amazing month for the division.

12)Rusev VS Cesaro (Smackdown 16/7)
Up next is one of the matches I enjoyed this most this month and one of the best matches from a Smackdown show all year round. Going back tot he sixteenth of this month we saw Cesaro and Rusev go one on one. This was only a thew days after we saw them compete in an amazing triple threat on RAW alongside Kevin Owens. We all know that these two are capable of doing in the ring. Only a couple of days back they had had one of the best matches of the year and over the past twelve months both Cesaro and Rusev have put on some outstanding matches! This one was just another to ad to the list. Because they had such a great match on RAW we all expected some good stuff from them in this match and they didn't disappoint. It was a match full of energy and excitement. They worked extremely well together from start to finish and it was such an easy match to get into and enjoy. There was story behind the match that was told all the way through. The showcase of strength was insane. These are two very very powerful, strong men and they showcased their strength amazingly well in this match. But it wasn't all about power. They showed so much diversity and the pace of the match was actually quite fast. I was so glad they got a great deal of time as well. I was really hopeing that they wouldn't just be booked for a small little five minuet thing so I was so glad to see they actually got a decent amount of time. It was enough time to make this one of my favourite matches of the month. I also want to mention just how amazingly well Cesaro is working the crowds lately. There is no doubt that he was made to be a baby face WWE Superstar. Since turning baby face he has been on a roll. The fans love him more than ever and he has such a great connection with them. It makes every match of he's so much better. As for Rusev, he just keeps on impressing me more and more.

11)Sheamus VS Randy Orton (Battleground 19/7)
Back at the Battleground pay per view Mr money in the bank, Sheamus went one on one with the home town boy, Randy Orton. I mentioned in my prediction post, witch will be linked bellow, that I wasn't all that happy with the build up the match. There was a decent story but there wasn't a big storyline or big build up and because of that I wasn't as excited for this match as I wish I was or as I was for some of the other matches on the card. I haven't stopped saying however, that because of their chemistry and their history it was okay to still expect a lot from both of these superstars. They are more than capable of putting on a great match it just lacked story to it witch was a real shame. I was backing Sheamus for this one by far. I felt as though he needed the momentum to continue and he needed to stay on a high. I think Orton would have been able to bounce back from a loss better but if the WWE intended on having this feud last up until Summer Slam then it would have been okay for Sheamus to loose this one or have it end in DQ. So I did have some interest in this just not as much as I would have liked. The one thing Sheamus did bring very very early on in this match was character. He does make a great heel and he is working this new character perfectly. We saw him get under the
skin o both thee WWE universe (live crowd) and Orton right at the start of the match and we saw that continue throughout this match. The typical, slow the pace of the match, wear the opponent down method from Sheamus took early control last night. As soon as Orton started to take control Mr money in the bank would opt to taking a breather outside of the ring, witch eventually would work against him when Orton sent him right into the barricade. Of course the crowd were one hundred percent behind Orton. There was no hiding the fact that the twelve time champion was in he's home town. The crowd were electric throughout this match. Despite being in he's home town, Orton struggled to get any offence in the first part of this match as it was dominated by Sheamus. I think what was so great about this opening match was that Sheamus and Orton know each other so well. They do have so much history and so there were some great counters and moments in this match you wouldn't get from a match were the two superstars were not as familiar with each other. I really really got into this match. It was very very physical. Great showcase of strength from both superstars but there was a great feel to it. Great way to kick start the night. The match was much much better than I thought it was going to be. The only way it could have been any better is if Sheamus won, because I was backing him but it was a great night and I don't think Sheamus will suffer from the loss at all. But I had to put this match in my top twenty no matter what happened after it.

Comments

Popular Posts