NXT Review and Reactions

Carmella VS Emma last night on NXT
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. It's that time of the week again as I give you my NXT Review and Reactions recapping every single  match, promo, segment and interview. Just like always, last night's show was a great one full of great story telling, amazing wrestling and a good push in storyline's and current feuds. This week we got a lot of tag team action witch was nice to see and a huge main event with four of the biggest stars in NXT. With such a big show we have loads to get through in today's blog post but before we get into everything I have a couple of reminders and up dates for you.  I have already mentioned that there has been a set back for NXT month and instead of it returning in July it's now going to be coming back in August, my birthday month. I really do wish that I didn't have to push it back again but I have been so busy recently with all the live shows and prediction posts that I have no time to pre post for NXT month. I would love to know what posts you would like to see in the season to let me know by leaving a comment bellow. I will also soon be brining you my updates and news surrounding my podcast and a couple of other new projects I'm working on. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog posts including this weeks RAW Review, last weeks tough enough review and reactions and  my Money in the bank review and reactions blog post. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for tonight's show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

This weeks edition of NXT kick started with tag team competition as the Vaudevillians, Simon Gotch and Aiden English took on the Mechanics, Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson.  I'll be honest, this was a very predicable match. I kinda of knew straight away how this match was going to go and how it would end but that didn't stop me from being interested in the match. It was only a couple of weeks ago we saw the return of the Vaudevillians and the were welcomed back by the NXT universe with huge open arms. I was actually really surprised with the reaction they got from the crowd. Don't get me wrong they more than deserved it. Their a team that have spent the entire past twelve months building themselves up, working hard in the ring, with their mic ability and their character and as a result they have become one of the most put together tag teams in NXT. They have a very different, very unique, interesting gimmick that only they could really pull off and make so captivating and actually make work in the first place. It' nice seeing them come back and get such a great reaction from the crowd, their run as baby faces will be a good one. I do think they are in big competition with Enzo Amore and Big Cas. Their both two of the biggest baby face tag teams and both have a huge chance of becoming the next NXT Tag team champions. It literally is anyone's game and so we can expect to see the next month or so having them both try and gain some momentum. The Vaudevillians will really be trying to get back on track and make their way to getting a title opportunity but after being out for so long, getting some momentum back is very important. Their opponents last night were the Mechanics, Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson. We haven't seen all that much of these guys to be fair but the NXT Tag division is in need of some heel teams so this could be the perfect time to start introducing them. Yes, Murphy and Blake are the dominate bad guys of the division but we need some more and Dawson and Wilder might not be getting their big push just yet but they are needed on the roster and their push/moment is waiting just around the corner for them. The match last night was actually not one quick one sided, squash match and it was fairly decent. Not the best match in the world but Wilder and Dawson did get some great offence and had a good showing. They spent a lot of time in control of the match but in the end the Vaudevillians got the victory. A nice well put together match and great way to start the night.

Baron Corbin was in action next as he took on a local wrestler. I'm going to be really blunt here and brutally honest, the WWE and whoever is booking Baron need to get the shit together. He's spent almost a year proving himself and competing and quite literally, terrible matches. He's been booked poorly and for almost a year has been facing nothing but local competitors. He's only had two "big" feuds, witch yes he has come on top of but they haven't ever got him anywhere. Now, Baron is someone who needs some work. He has a lot of improving to do with he's character, mic skills and all round wrestling ability but we haven't seen nearly enough of him to be able to fully judge he's wrestling. What we have seen from him is how dominate he is. He has a lot of presence and a lot of power, he's someone that connects with a crowd without saying anything and he clearly works extremely hard. The WWE obviously have a lot of faith in him with the fact he has he's own merch and they gave him a feud with Rhyno but their not doing enough with him. He's feud with Rhyno should of been the turning point in he's career. The thing that makes us all talk about him and wonder what he is going to be doing next. It was after this feud that the booking should have massively improved and we should of started looking at when he could be put in the title picture. I did actually write a blog post writing about why I think he could be an NXT champion in the future and I will link it bellow. What we need to start seeing now is him take on superstars like Tyler Breeze and Solomon Crowe. Superstars who can push him to he's limits and bring out the best in him. If they keep booking him to take on local competitors its going to do him no good at all and eventually the fans are going to get bored of him and loose faith in him. He has all the qualities to be a top star so they need to start making him into a star. Last night's match was just how I predicted. It was very very short lived, Baron dominated and in the end hit the end of days to pick up a huge win .

Divas action next as Emma took on Carmella in one on one action. I thought this was a pretty good booking decision. I'm a huge fan of both Carmella and Emma. I think their both extremely talented divas with huge futures ahead of them. I'm absolutely loving the work from Emma since she turnt heel. I think the heel move was a risky move to take considering how big her previous gimmick was but I think so far it's really paid off. She knows how to use her new character to the best and she's coming across very convincing and entertaining. She tells a good story throughout her matches and her alliance with Dana has been great. I think it's such a shame that the WWE failed her on the main roster. She has so much potential and has proven to be one of the best in ring divas in the WWE today. Hopefully the new character and heel turn will be exactly what she needs to get on track. I cannot wait to see where they go with this. As for Carmella she has been on fire over the past couple of months. Even though she been working with Enzo and Cas right from the start of her career she's always worked as a heel so over the past thew months it's been great seeing her work as a baby face has been great. She does a really good job and has so much charisma making her really connect with the fans. I do think she still needs to improve a lot before she can start performing at the level of someone like Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch but she still has a lot of time to improve and she is doing great. I was actually looking forward to this match quite a bit. That's the thing with divas matches in NXT. Your allowed to be excited and expect a great deal from them and the match so I was intrigued to see how that match was going to go. To be fair it wasn't a bad match. Emma did carry the match in my opinion but it was very split. Carmella did have some decent spots and she did show some new stuff in the ring witch was great but but like I said she's got a lot of improvements to make. In the end it was Emma who picked up the victory. I was glad to see her pick up the win. She's on a big role right now in the win really did work in he's favour. I don't think the loss will badly effect Carmella at all, she had a good showing and it won't effect badly at all.

Tyler Breeze was in action next when he took on Tye Dillinger. You guys know I love both of these guys. I'm a fan of both of them and I was hopeing, even though I knew it wasn't going to happen, that Tye Dillinger would pick up a huge win last night just because I think he needed it and really deserved it.To be fair he did spend a lot of time in control of this match right at the start witch was nice to see for a change.

Finally, our main event and what a huge main event it was as four of the biggest superstars on the NXT Roster took centre stage. After the antics from last weeks show, number one contender Finn Balor teamed up with Samoa Joe teamed up to take on Rhyno and the NXT Champion Kevin Owens. This screams all star match. It's one of those matches that satisfies all your wrestling needs and as a long term fan of all four of these superstars I really let myself sit back and enjoy this one. After all, how often do you get to see Rhyno, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, and Samoa Joe all in the same ring, in the same match at the same time? Because this was such an all star match the expectations were so so
Finn Balor pins NXT Champion Kevin Owens
high and everyone wanted to see a match of the year quality performance. What I loved about this match the most was the amount of story there was. There's so much going on with all these superstars and it made the match so much more interesting, so much more intense, and so much more entertaining. We have the little feud between Balor and Rhyno, then there's the work between Owens and Samoa Joe, then we have Balor and Owens who will go one on one in a couple of days time in Japan. So with so much going on with so much chemistry between all four superstars this was a match to enjoy. I did really get into this match a lot. I was disappointed with how little we saw Samoa Joe in action but at the end of the day they were promoting the Tokyo show so I understood why the match went how it went. It was also pretty surprising seeing just how well Rhyno and Owens worked together throughout this match. Balor really did take a lot in this one. He took one heck of a beating but in the end it was Balor who picked up a massive win for him and Joe when he was able to pin the NXT champion, Kevin Owens. I honestly did not see that win coming at all, I wasn't expecting it to end like that. I'm glad it did because Balor needed some kind of victory over Owens before the go one on one in Japan. So now Finn had bags of momentum going into he's big title match and Samoa Joe continue to be working on a high. An amazing match with an amazing ending.

I really did enjoy last night's show. It was great to see some tag team work. I didn't like seeing Baron working another squash match but all round it was a good show with some great booking decisions.I'll rate the show an eight out of ten. So that's what I think. Let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts