Top 5 Shocking/ Awesome WWE Moments Of 2015

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good. By not you will all know that my Of The Year season has officially started here on my blog. Throughout December and the start of January I will be uploading posts that highlight the best and worse of two thousand and fifteen from match of the year, to superstar and diva of the year. I mentioned a while back that I was pre posting from October and even though I started pretty late in October I'm so so happy that I was able to get everything done on time and I have to say I am extremely happy with the results and now I just cannot wait to see what you guys think and to hear your reactions. Right, now on to today's post and it's finally time to take look back at some of the most shocking an awesome moments from the past year. Whether it be NXT or WWE Main roster, today we are acknowledging the special moments that had the WWE Universe either speechless or marking out, from Sami Zayn facing John Cena in the US Open Challenge, to Dean Ambrose being screwed out of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, all the way to that backwards hurricanrana from the top rope delivered by Bayley at NXT Takeover Brooklyn. I have to admit, I really did enjoy writing this blog post and because I found so many moments that I loved this post went from a top five to a top ten so I really really do hope you enjoy reading this blog post as much as I did writing it. As usual I will link bellow any recent blog post including the latest post in my Of The Year season and the most recent RAW and Pay Per View Review and Reactions post. Finally, you can let me know what has been your most shocking and awesome WWE moment of two thousand and fifteen and you can also let me know what has been you march of the year, superstar of the year and diva of the year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

5) Sami Zayn answers John Cena's Open Challenge
Kicking off my top five shocking WWE moments of two thousand and fifteen is also one of my personal favourite moments of the entire year. The night that saw NXT Superstar Sami Zayn answer John Cena's United States open challenge. As we all know, Sami Zayn is one of the most decorated NXT superstars in history. He's created he's own legacy down in NXT, becoming one of the most popular and must see talents the company has to offer. On the fourth of May there were rumours left right and centre as to who would be facing Cena for the United States Championship just like any other week. However, on this particular night, RAW was being hosted in Quebec Canada, the home town of NXT's very own, Sami Zayn, so we all knew who the fan favourite was for this weeks particular open challenge. As usual, Cena cut the typical promo hyping up the open challenge and declared the open challenge officially open. Now, to our surprises it wasn't Zayn's music that first hit, instead we were all shocked to see the one and only Bret Hart make he's way down to the ring to make a special announcement, well after he delt with Heath Slater of course. Without going around the houses and leaving the WWE universe hanging on for too long, Bret introduced Cena's opponent, the former NXT champion, Sami Zayn. The reaction Sami received was just insane! It was without a doubt one of the strongest crowd reactions we had seen/heard throughout the entire year. The whole arena had been spending the night chanting for Sami in hopes that he would eventually make an appearance and there he was, he's music hit and the arena went mental. Not only was he facing John Cena in he's first ever singles WWE RAW match but he was in he's home town and introduced by the legend that is Bret Hart. It doesn't really get much better than that now does it? The match itself was absolutely outstanding and in a couple of weeks times you can see if it made my top twenty matches of the year. When I was writing my notes for this blog post and was going back on what I had written over the past twelve months I knew hat this had to be in the list. When it comes down to both shocking and epic moments this moment cannot be missed out and the number five spot felt like the perfect place.

4) The return of the Dudley Boyz
Up next is a personal favourite shock moment of two thousand and fifteen. It's a moment that I could not have missed out in this blog post and a moment that had to be discussed during my of the year season. Of course, I'm talking about the return of the Dudley Boyz. If we take a little look back at January then you will remember Bubba Ray return during the Royal Rumble, witch was a massive shock in it's own. On the night the live crowd and of course everyone at home was chanting for D-Von to also make an appearance but we were left waiting another thew months before one of the most decorated tag teams in WWE history were once again standing in the middle of a WWE ring together. After months of wondering when and if we would see Bubba Ray and D-Von make a return to World Wrestling Entertainment, we were all left almost speechless as the pair made a shock return the night after SummerSlam surprising both the WWE universe and the tag  team champions at the time, the New Day. Everything about this moment was just amazing. Of course I grew up loving the Dudley Boyz and have followed their careers for years. Their return this year was done so so well and it really was a surprise. It's difficult now days with social media and everything else to keep debuts, return and in fact anything a secret but this was extremely well kept. There were no rumours about the return/appearance, no predictions, no spoilers, nothing and it made this moment so much better. To pull off such a major return as well as they did with the Dudley Boyz is pretty amazing. You can begin to forget just what it's like to be genuinely surprised  at something when watching Monday night RAW week in and week out but this was a job well done from the WWE.

3) Dean Ambrose's false Championship victory
Unless you watched the Elimination Chamber special on the WWE Network mid way through the year then you might not be completely aware of my number three spot holder but with the storyline that we were given I'm pretty sure everyone will know what I'm talking about. So we are going back to the thirty first of May where the WWE held the Elimination Chamber event as a network special. The main event, Seth Rollins VS Dean Ambrose. Of course the expectations of this match were extremely high. These guys have always delivered and put on outstanding matches, leaving us all entertained and on the edge of our seats and this match was absolutely no different, going down as one of my personal favourites. The closing moments of this match were possibly the most exciting, gripping, on the edge of your seat moments of the entire year. Like I said the match was absolutely outstanding and they had once again raised the bar extremely high. Now, Ambrose being as over as he is, almost the entire arena and everyone at home was backing him and clinging on to  the top that he will become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion and so when he was announced as the winner of the match both twitter and the live crowd went insane and if I try and put into words just how excited and happy I was I would fail. Honestly it could have almost brought tears to my eyes. However, the moment of celebration didn't last long as it was soon revealed that while Ambrose did win the match it was a victory that came via disqualification meaning that Seth Rollins was still the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Now, when it comes to shocking, memorable, WTF moments this is high high up there. I really could not have missed this moment out in my top five shocking moments of the year.

2) Seth Rollins' Wrestlemania Cash in 
It was back at the Money in the bank pay per view in two thousand and fourteen that we saw Seth Rollins kick start he's own legacy to a new level when he became Mr Money in the bank. For months we saw the Authority's golden child hold onto that briefcase with all he's life while making a huge impact along the way. We all wondered when would be Rollins perfect moment to cash in and become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion but with Brock Lesnar keeping a tight grip on the championship, Rollins held back a little and focused he's attentions on Randy Orton during Wrestlemania season. On the night itself the two superstars did battle in what was a great match up but the night was far from over for Seth Rollins. After winning the Royal Rumble in January, Roman Reigns was set to go one on one with Brock Lesnar at Mania for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and as the two did battle in a match up we won't be forgetting any time soon, the closing moments had everyone on their feet gripped. As soon as Seth Rollins music hit we all knew what was about to happen and personally, it took a while for me to actually process what was going on and the marking out that took place in my house was something in itself to be remembered. Running down that ring with the briefcase we all knew it was finally time. It was Seth Rollins time and he could not have gotten the timing any better. We were all already on the edge of our seats during the Reigns vs Lesnar match but the reaction Rollins got at this moment was just insane. Moment's later we are seeing a new champion crowned as Seth Rollins makes history becoming the first ever superstar to cash in at Wrestlemania and became the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. When it comes to shocking, awesome,stand out moments of twenty fifteen it doesn't really get much better than Seth Rollins' massive Wrestlemania cash in.

1) Alberto Del Rio Returns at Hell in a Cell
 Finally we have reached the number one spot and I have voted that my most shocking and awesome moment of two thousand and fifteen is the return of Alberto Del Rio at the Hell in a Cell pay per view. You will all remember that John Cena was holding an open challenge on the night for the United States Championship but we were all left in the dark as to who will be answering the challenge. Every name from Dean Ambrose to Finn Balor, to even Samoa Joe were rumoured and in all honesty I was expecting someone like Ambrose to awnser. There was not a single person (or from what I saw anyway) that had predicted Alberto Del Rio. When Zeb Colter first came out to address
Cena and the WWE Universe was actually expecting a Jack Swagger push, witch by the way I'm still waiting for. As he built up the contestant more and more I still wasn't getting at any hints and at this point had no freaking idea who was about to come out. When the words Alberto Del Rio were announced and he's music hit I don't think I knew exactly how to react. With the reasons he had parted with WWE being what they were I wasn't really expecting to see Del Rio back. There had been rumours of him in talks with WWE but I don't think anyone was expecting him to return on this night and the way he did. It was all done so so well. Just like with Dudley Boyz and their return no was expecting it because there had been no rumours, no spoilers, and no hints from the WWE. It was another one of those rare moments where you were genuinely shocked and like I said already in this blog post, it's such a special moment and time when this happens. It was in so much shock that I didn't even get to properly mark out until he was actually in the ring just because I needed time to actually realise what was going on. It was pretty much a "pinch me is this real" moment.

There were so many shocking, awesome moments throughout two thousand and fifteen so it was difficult narrowing it down to just five but I think I'm finally happy with my list. An NXT Shock moments I almost added to the list this year include Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake winning the tag team Championships and of course the arrival of Samoa Joe.  Remember, you can let me know what was you most shocking moment of the year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Top 10 Diva Matches of the year

Comments

Popular Posts