This Weeks Monday night RAW Best Bits

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well and good an having a good start to the week. Saying that I'm having possibly the worst start to the week! Honestly, I have come to the conclusion that I am cursed. This past weekend I spent some time at my grandparents house staying the night on Saturday and while I had an amazing time I ended up really really unwell an came down with a terrible flu. Now, I'm not sick like this often but when I am trust me when I say I get really really sick. I was supposed to be uploading a post every day this week but honestly I've been struggling to walk or move any part of my body. Today, however I am starting to feel a little better and so I've decided to get my laptop pout and get writing a little post for you. Now, I don't know how good this will sound but I'm going to try my best to make it sound as decent as possible. Last night, I was able to tune into this weeks episode of Monday night RAW and while I did keep falling asleep and waking back up thanks to the illness there was plenty that I enjoyed during the show last night and so I really wanted to try and write about some of those highlight moments. I am going to be bringing back my mixed RAW and Smackdown LIVE highlights posts hopefully in September if things work out but honestly I'm just easing myself in bit by bit. So, you guys know how today's post works, I take best bits from last night show and have a good old chit chat about them very matches, promos, and segments. Last night we had a strong women's main event match up, a new number one contender to the IC title and a segment that changed the game massively! As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow including my WWE SummerSlam and NXT Takeover Brooklyn III review. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks episode of RAW by leaving a comment or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.


The Women take Center Stage

I'm going to kick start today's blog post off by actually talking about the main event. Usually, I will save this part of the show for the end of a post but considering I have two things I want to touch on in regards to this weeks main event I thought I would divide it up a little. Okay, so last week at the SummerSlam pay per view we saw Alexa Bliss defend her RAW women's championship against Sasha Banks in what was hands down one of my favourite matches of the night. The end result did see Banks walk out a four time women's champion and the booking decision went down very very well with fans. The following night on RAW Bliss announced that she wanted her rematch to take place the following week in Memphis and honestly I was pretty damn excited. Watching the show last night I was hoping to see the women main event. This a pretty damn big championship match and we know these two have the potential to so easily deliver a fantastic match. In the end they were announced as the main event and on a night where we had a segment between John Cena and Roman Reigns and an appearance from Brock Lesnar I was very happy an proud to see the women take center stage. It gave me a reason to want to stay up and it made the show feel as though it had a much nicer flow to it. The match it self was solid and in my personal opinion was their best match against one another to date. The two have amazing chemistry and Sasha really does bring out the best in Bliss who continues to show improvement in the ring. Alexa ha a clean performance showing so much character as always and I really did enjoy her wrestling. It's amazing seeing how far she has come in the past year and a half. The match flowed really nicely, I loved the story being told and the fact that I genuinely didn't know how it was going to come to an end left me on the edge of my seat completely hooked. A good, different main event that really showed once again why women should take that spot of the show more often. As far as Bliss wining goes honestly I have mixed opinions. On the one hand it sets up an awesome feud I have been waiting for for quite some time which I will talk about in more detail a little later on however, on the other hand I can't help but feel angry and upset for Sasha Banks. For years now Sasha has proved to be the face of the women's divison in the WWE. Constantly delivering amazing performance in top quality matches she has faced off against some of the best names in the divison and not only come up on top but provided fans with amazing match we can totally enjoy. She is a fanatic all round competitor with the look, the in ring skill, the character and the popularity but for some reason the WWE have not given her the title reign she deserves. This was her fourth and once again she lost her rematch title defense. I love Bliss as champion but I really did want to see Sasha finally have the reign she deserves and I am super disappointed.

A Battle Royal kick starts RAW

I'll be honest, I jump back and fourth when it comes to Battle Royals. Sometimes I love them but often times I really dislike them. Now, don't get me wrong these matches can be really really fun to watch and if the right names are involved then I'm loving it but there have been so many I've watched and we've seen it full of jobbers with two or three names that are the obvious pick for the win, they're predicable and the same little spots are performed especially when we would see the likes of the Big Show or Mark Henry involved. Last nights Battle Royal however, I did actually enjoy. In all honesty it was probably the end result I enjoyed the most but there were plenty of little moments I really liked and enjoyed. We got to see a stacked battle royal full of so many former champions, up and comers and big star names including Matt and Jeff Hardy, Jason Jordan, the Club, and Finn Balor and we of course had the much needed jobbers and guys there for a certain spot including the big Show, Curt Hawkins, and R- Truth. There was honestly a nice mix and I loved that Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel were involved, they played a good role and it was a key part of the Miz and his character seeing him try his best to keep those two in this match. The first five minuets I didn't really enjoy but once we got a few eliminations out of the way I really did find myself liking what I was seeing. Finn Balor was a big highlight of this battle royal. He of course had a really strong performance and I did believe he had a chance of winning and even though he didn't his presence made this feel even bigger and more important.  I liked that we didn't get anything crazy from Bray Wyatt this week and his part in eliminating Balor in the Battle Royal was a nice simple moved that helped the feud just a little bit. My original pick however was Jeff Hardy but I wasn't sure whether or not the WWE were going to have the Hardy's start doing singles work just yet and so my mind changed a lot throughout the match. In the end it was indeed the former tag team champion who picked up the win after eliminating Jason Jordan. Talking of Jason Jordan I need to say that I really am a fan of his work and I  really enjoy his in ring stuff and I believe completely he has amazing potential however, Jordan wining the battle royal right now would not have done him any good and instead what he needed to do was make a big enough impact to grab fans attention and prove a point and honestly that is exactly what he did. So of course I was very happy to see Jeff get the win in the end. I'm really excited to see him and The Miz face off next week and the end result of that should be pretty interesting.


Brock Lesnar sets the Record Straight

A quick little topic now but something I really want to touch on today because of how much I am loving what we are seeing from this growing feud. Okay, so you guys know the story, at the SummerSlam pay per view Brock Lesnar was able to successfully defend his Universal Championship in a fatal four way against Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, and Braun Strowman despite taking the beating of all beatings. The star of that match was without shadow of a doubt Braun Strowman. Dominating everyone that stood in his way including the beast he took out the champ on several different occasions completely man handling Lesnar. He showed himself to be true champion material and the night ended with Lesnar as champion but Strowman one of the most talked about men in wrestling. On the post SummerSlam show it was announced after the opening segment between Lesnar and Strowman that the pair will finally go one on one for the Universal Championship at the No Mercy pay per view in four weeks time. Honestly, this is a match I cannot wait for! I'm really excited, I have high expectations and personally I'm really hoping we see Strowman walk out as the new champ, the guy really does deserve it. During the show last night we didn't see an appearance from the challenger but the current champion and of course Paul Heyman made their presence felt in an in ring promo that grabbed everyone's attention. Heyman as always cut a fantastic promo and sold his clients up and coming championship match perfectly but what made this feel even more intense was those few words from the man himself; taking Heyman's mic the champ stared down the camera and simply said "what he's tryna say is Suplex City bitch"... ah perfect! This one promo made everything feel far more personal and intense and I was able to see just how excited I am for this up and coming match. There's no big dramatic story here and instead we have two hugely dominant superstars fighting for gold in an intense, exciting an unpredictable match up and after last night I'm even more interested in the work set to go down between the beast Brock Lesnar and the monster Braun Strowman.

Okay... I'm Confused

I have been a wrestling fan honestly most my life and never until last night had I ever found myself so conflicted and confused thanks to feud between a pair of wrestlers. During last weeks episode of Monday night RAW one of the most controversial feuds kick started between two of the most controversial superstars in WWE history. For years both John Cena and Roman Reigns have been left at the hand of some brutal comments and reactions from fans all around the world. Labeled as two of the most disliked wrestlers in the community they are also two of the most popular pro wrestlers in the world. They may not get all the cheers but they always generate the biggest reaction  wherever they go and that speaks volumes. Personally, my opinion has always changed on both Cena and Reigns. More recently I have commented on Roman's work a lot more mainly because we have seen more of him and we've had more to talk about with him. With Roman he's the guy with all the potential. Its there, it's all there but the problem lies with how the WWE use and book him. If they had turned him heel a long time ago things would have looked very different for the former champion. He has however managed to deliver fantastic matches I have honestly loved time and time again against a number of superstars including the likes of AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, Samoa Joe and more and more recently we have started seeing huge improvements in regards to his character development and honestly I have been so so impressed and I've honestly seen myself begin to become a much much bigger fan of the big dog. As far as Cena goes it's mixed opinions. I respect him for all he does but honestly I have strong disliking for the guy. I've enjoyed so many matches he has been apart of that I can't even name them all but yeah... lets save the Cena rant for another blog post shall we. During last nights episode of Monday night RAW we were treated to the contract signing between these two for their up and coming one on one match at the No Mercy pay per view. Now, these two may not get the best reactions as we have touched on and we all know they are both strongly disliked however their feud is serious money and a one on one match up between them is something I would take as a Wrestlemania main event. I am totally invested in this feud and I seriously cannot wait to see them collide in four weeks time at No Mercy. I love how the WWE are making us wait to see them actually collide and leaving the physical action between them for the pay per view and instead forcing them to work together. However, before they teamed up to face Anderson and Gallows last night both Cena and Roman had a lot to say as the pair took part in what was honestly my favourite segment of the year so far. Bloody perfect. I don't have anything bad or negative to say. The segment came off as though it was completely unscripted, both men were pulling out these killer lines that us all sitting there thinking "shit can they really say that?". They both spoke some truth and were saying the things we as fans have been saying for a very long time making it difficult to chose a side. I was completely hooked throughout the entire segment and loved every single second, regardless of how you feel about both these men there is no one that can deny how strong this segment was. Personally I am looking to be team Roman but Cena nailed it last night and was the true standout.

Is Nia Jax our Next RAW Women's Champion?

If you have been following me for the past year to two years you will know for certain that I am a huge Nia Jax fan, I have been from the moment she debuted in the WWE. Her unique look, style and clear potential have always grabbed my attention and I've honestly always just loved everything
about her. There have however been moments of doubt. She has always worked on improving every aspect of her career from in ring to character development but her popularity has been a problem and it's taken her a little bit of time to actually get over and honestly she still has a lot of work to do there. However, she is getting better and stronger and last really did show just how much more over she actually is with the fans. After coming out to celebrate with Bliss after she was able to defeat Banks to become a two time RAW women's champion Nia had a little surprise up her sleeve for both the WWE Universe and her best friend Alexa Bliss. Turning on the champ, Nia made it perfectly clear their friendship was over and her goal was becoming the RAW women's champion. This kind of made up for Sasha losing in the main event. I've wanted to see that moment between Bliss and Nia for a long time now and it was done really well in the main event and the reaction she got from the live crowd was really really good. I'm interested in seeing where this feud goes and it was a strong ending to a really good show.

Again, I really really enjoyed this weeks RAW. It's very rare I enjoy two straight weeks of Monday night RAW but there was hardly anything I disliked during the show. As always any recent blog post will be linked bellow including my WWE SummerSlam and NXT Takeover Brooklyn III review. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of this weeks episode of RAW by leaving a comment or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria.

Is Smackdown LIVE on it's Way back to the Top?
Seven SummerSlam 2017 Standout Performers
5 Questions Raised Following SummerSlam 2017
NXT Takeover Brooklyn III Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts