Who Should Face Alexa Bliss at WWE SummerSlam

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and have had a great weekend. As we kick start a fresh new week out attentions once again turn to SummerSlam and with the biggest party of the Summer fast approaching every week we look to have an even stronger card built and with the two big main events announced for each brand there is even more to look forward to! During last weeks episode of Smackdown LIVE we learnt that Shinsuke Nakamura will challenge Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship while over on Monday night RAW Paul Heyman announced that if Lesnar does not successfully defend his WWE Championship in the fatal four way match against Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, and Braun Strowman than the pair will leave the WWE. These are all topics I'm going to be talking about later this week in future blog posts however, today is going to be focused on the women's division. During her singles match against Nia Jax last week Bayley was left with a shoulder injury and as the story has progressed ti appears as though the former champion will not longer be able to compete for the RAW women's championship against current champ Alexa Bliss in a few weeks time at SummerSlam. With that being said a new question has popped up; Who will face Alexa Bliss for the RAW women's championship at the SummerSlam pay per view. Now, I know this may seem like a pointless blog post, Sasha Banks is so clearly the favourite when it comes to this topic and we know that she is most likely going to be announced as the new number one contender however, I honestly do feel as though there are several women I'd love to see step up and challenge Bliss for the title and so in today's post I'm going to be listing five women I believe could and should have the opportunity to go one on one against Alexa Bliss for the RAW women's championship at SummerSlam. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and who you think should face off against Bliss in three weeks time by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Emma

Okay, looking at this list that I have planned for today's blog post, Emma is one of the less likely superstars the WWE will put forward and give a championship opportunity to at SummerSlam. However, recently I have spent a great deal of time talking about Emma and in particular mentioning how underutilized she is by the WWE. For years Emma has been completely mistreated by the company and we have continued to see women given the push that may have belonged to Emma in the eyes of many fans. Her change in character was clearly much needed and she benefited from the change massively! During her second run in NXT she was competing in decent matches, her feud with Asuka was strong and she was able to show the world and the WWE of course that she was worthy of a big time push somewhere down the line. A couple of years later however and next to no improvements/changes have been made. Despite the fact she is clearly frustrated with how she being treated and the fact that she's so obviously over the with the fans the WWE have refused to show signs of giving her a push. More recently, there have been hints that a romantic storyline between Emma and Jason Jordan could be on the cards and while that is something I see having potential and could progress into something really well effectively helping Emma edge closer to a title opportunity I would much rather see Emma given her own big push and given the opportunity to compete for the title after earning it and proving everyone wrong on her own. As I said, it's very unlikely Emma will be thrown into the championship picture so randomly and so close to SummerSlam however, everyone I'm going to be talking about today isn't a superstar I really believe the WWE will give the opportunity to, however, I love to be surprised and I love to believe that there may just be a chance they could give us all a SummerSlam treat and give a big time opportunity to. Who deserves that? No one quite like Emma. Will she get a shot before the likes of Sasha Banks? Unlikely, but say a number one contenders fatal four way is set up tonight who's to say a little a surprised won't be thrown in ad after all her comments and antics backstage Emma somehow walks away as the new number one contender. I of course would love to see that happen and while I doubt it will at some point within the next year Emma should most certainly be in the talks for a title opportunity and run.

Sasha Banks

Okay, so I mentioned it in the intro and I'm going to say it again, Sasha Banks is most likely to be the women announced as Bliss' new SummerSlam challenger. Do I have a problem with that? No not at all. I have already said it before but I have always felt as thought she should be the one to challenge Bliss at SummerSlam this year. Their previous match at the Great Balls of Fire pay per view was far better than I expected it to be and by the end of it I was left desperate to see the two women collide once again and compete on even bigger stage. It felt as though Banks was for sure going to be given a second chance and a title match at SummerSlam and so when she lost against Bayley in a number one contenders bout a couple of weeks back I was honestly left so massively surprised. I tweeted out and mentioned in a couple of blog posts that I didn't see it coming at all and I was so hugely disappointed to see Bayley crowned as the new number one contender. That doesn't mean I dislike Bayley or anything along those lines however, with their more recent history and the fans opinion it just appeared as though the best option was Banks VS Bliss. Of course, the moment it was announced that Bayley had suffered an injury my first thought was that Banks would be announced as the new number one contender and I'm still one hundred and ten percent expecting that to be announced during tonight's episode of Monday night RAW. I know I'm going to repeat myself a million and one times in today's post but just bare with me, its been a long week! Banks of course i the best option. Her and Bliss have a brilliant short history and we know for a fact they could so easily put on a brilliant match when SummerSlam roles around. If there a chance someone else could be announced? Totally however, as it currently stands Sasha Banks is the number one pick and if in a segment tonight the announcement is made that she and Bliss will challenge at SummerSlam I would have zero complaints. Not to mention this also sets up a bigger story upon Bayley's return and a feud between her and Bayley which of course is something we all so desperately want. The one issue I have is the chance that Banks will not walk away with the title. There's a story there and it makes sense but weather or not the WWE will have Bliss drop her title just yet is something I'm not sure on.

Nia Jax 

Up next is a superstar who I actually do believe does actually have a chance at competing for the RAW Women's championship at SummerSlam in a few weeks time. While the chance still remains slim, looking at the list I have created today Nia is most certainly one of the names more likely to be given the chance. In past blog post I've spoken about much of a big fan I am of Nia and have spent so much time defending her in blog posts and over on social media. Since debuting for the main roster around a year ago, Nia has been nothing short of dominant. She has continued to show improvements time and time again. Over the past twelve months Nia has improved massively in the ring, been given great opportunities and has slowly started winning over the fans. Of course It's clear that Nia has a lot of work to do. Her character needs further development and she still has a lot to do in order to really get herself over with the WWE universe, however, she really has come so far and finally we are beginning to see a champion in the making. I have spoken about how I feel in regards to having a championship opportunity. She is someone I have been backing from day one and I honestly do feel as though she would make a great champion. Is her time now? Maybe not but it's defintlety something worth taking the risk on. She has it in her to compete in a great match up considering she given enough time and she is constantly growing, showing more in the ring and more depth to her character, however, their are women on the roster like Banks and Emma who appear to be miles ahead of her. At the moment we are seeing Nia involved in work with Bliss where she appears to be working alongside the champion. This is something that again I have spoken about in recent blog posts and over on social media. Thanks to their amazing real life friendship the two have great chemistry and work really well together. Their alliance of course hasn't been going for long and so that's pretty much why I feel as though Nia won't be given the opportunity, there is still a decent amount the WWE can do with the pair as a duo which we are still yet to see. However, I wouldn't be  surprised to see Nia turn on Bliss this week and demand a title opportunity. After all she was the one that injured Bayley and so why not take her place. She has a valid argument and I can see it happening but personally I'd like to see this carry on a little longer and see what the pair can do together for just a little longer even if that only stretches to SummerSlam where Nia would then turn on Bliss.

Paige

Okay okay okay, I know. I know okay. This is extremely far fetched and there's more chances of an NXT talent coming up and facing Alexa Bliss at SummerSlam than Paige but honestly, I would love to see her make a surprise return and challenge the champ and the biggest party of the Summer. If I'm being honest, this post was actually inspired by Paige in the first place. It's been well over a year since we last saw Paige inside a WWE ring (despite it feeling a heck of a lot longer) and while there have been so many issues surrounding her and her life outside the WWE (which I wont' be getting into at all in today's post) I do believe she will return to the WWE and when she does I do strongly feel as though she is more than worthy of being given an opportunity. Now, I of course would much prefer to see Paige come back, enter a huge hot feud, build momentum and earn herself a title
opportunity. Regardless of her personal life and what has happened over the past year or so there is no denying that her wrestling is something that we all love. She has been a massive part of the women's evolution and over the years has been apart of some of the best matches, feuds, and segments from the divison, really changing the general opinion on women's wrestling and what a female superstar should look and act like. Should her past and what she has done in her personal life effect the way she is booked and used in the WWE? Not in the slightest. The plain clear fact is that Paige the wrestler is bloody brilliant and I would hate to see the company give up on her over the decisions she has made in personal life and waist such an amazing talent. In a recent podcast Paige mentioned that she would be returning to the WWE soon and honestly I would love for her to surprise us all and make a huge return at the Summerslam pay per view. Maybe the WWE could focus on keeping Bliss' opponent a surprise and the challenger will be reveled live on pay per view and the surprise of course being Paige. Now, I understand this is massively far fetched and extremely unlikely but I had to mention it because honestly its a dream set up. I'm totally not expecting it or expecting Paige to even be back on TV until the end of the year at least/ heading into the start of twenty eighteen. I do however, want to start talking about her more again and beginning to remind everyone of her wrestling career and not the drama surrounding her personal life.

I actually had a lot of fun writing this post. It was one that I thought of completely out of the blue after hearing the Paige news and I really wanted to get it done. I know it may seem pretty pointless but I had fun and I like the end result! I do have a couple more SummerSlam focused posts coming up this week so keep an eye out for those but for now as always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow and you can let me know what you thought of today's blog post and who you think should face off against Bliss in three weeks time by leaving a comment bellow or by dropping me a tweet over at @TezangiVictoria. 

Comments

Popular Posts