NXT Takeover Brooklyn III Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I hope you are all well and good and have had a good start to the week! So the time has finally rolled around. The final countdown to SummerSlam has kick started as we reach the last week before the event itself. Now, two years ago this week would have been dedicated to single prediction posts. Taking a look at each and every match on the card I would have run through my full predictions for those matches both for RAW and Smackdown LIVE. However, I honestly do not have the time what so ever and there really is no way I'm going to be able to write and upload around eight predictions if not more in one week especially a week that is of course my birthday and having so much going on. So, what I am going to do is something I have done for a couple of pay per views this year and write up my last minuet NXT Takeover Brooklyn predictions. I have done this post already for previous NXT Takeover shows this year and the year before and earlier in the week I did upload last minuet WWE SummerSlam predictions. have done for a couple of pay per views this year, my last minuet SummerSlam predictions. Throughout both twenty sixteen and seventeen I have written posts like this and they've gone down just well and I've totally enjoyed writing these more than the longer individual posts. As I have mentioned already my uploads this week are going to be a little all over the place but I'm so glad I was able to get this done and uploaded for you. Just so you know I am pre posting this a week in advance and I'll be changing things throughout the week. I will of course be live tweeting throughout both shows. As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow, and finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both SummerSlam and NXT takeover by leaving a comment or tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Can Ember Moon Defeat Asuka?

There is no denying the simple fact that Asuka is one of the most dominant NXT superstars in history. No talent, either male or female, has made the impact Asuka has had in her debut years in the WWE. Her undefeated streak and NXT women's champions reign has broken and made all different kinds of records and she has earned the right to be names the most impressive champion in NXT and possibly WWE history. Over the past couple of years I have written about Asuka on several different occasions and during those blog posts and tweets I have made it clear time and time again that while I'm not her biggest fan I will put my hands up and totally admit that she is one heck of a talent. From her in ring skills, her experience, to her on going character development, Asuka will go down as an iconic figure in NXT raising the bar and changing the game completely for women's wrestling both in and inside of the WWE. Throughout her reign she has knocked off some of the best female talents to walk through the NXT doors including Bayley, Emma, Nia Jax, Billie Kay, Nikki Cross, Mickie James, and so so many more. I've said it before but there have been times where I haven't really been interested in Asuka and her title reign. Her matches have been strong but I have felt as though there has been more to enjoy from previous champions. However, thats not taking anything away from Asuka. She remains a phenomenal champion and athlete and regardless of what I or anyone else thinks she is making history and changing the game. While I personally have grown bored at times of her reign I can honestly say that my opinions have changed a heck of a lot over the past few months. This year in particular I have definetley been able to finally jump on the bandwagon and understand why everyone is going so crazy. The change up in her character has had me feeling completely differently and it was after match against Ember Moon at a previous takeover event that I actually found myself so much more invested in her reign and the story the WWE were telling.

Focusing on NXT Takeover Brooklyn and this is a match I do have a lot of interest in. I know for a fact that these two could have a killer match given that they are provided with enough time. The last time these two women collided in one on one action I wasn't satisfied at all. While what we did see from them was good it wasn't half as good as it could have been and that completely came down to the time they were given. I remember just thinking to myself is that it? I honestly wanted to see so much more and I and the rest of the NXT universe made it clear that they needed more from these two women. I also was unsure on how this match was going to finish. While I've always been confident that Ember will be the women to knock Asuka off her thrown and take the championship away from her it didn't feel like the right time and there wasn't a story strong enough for the title to change hands. Asuka has broken all the records and losing to Ember so easily wasn't an option. This time round things are completely different. After losing to Asuka the way she did and being injured by the actions for the champ, Ember has a fire in her she didn't have several months back. Shes more focused, more determined and now this is personal. There's a story this time round and honestly it would make far more sense for Ember to walk out of Brooklyn the new NXT Women's champion. However, will it actually be done? I don't know. There is still a part of me that believes we need something even stronger before Asuka drops her title not to mention that I really do believe she should go up to the main roster still undefeated. Of course that's extremely difficult to do. I did write a blog post a couple of months back where I wrote how and why I believe Nikki Cross should have defeated Asuka. If she had lost the title in a last women standing match it meant she was never pinned or submitted and still had something to go on when going up to the main roster. What the WWE could have done was change things up a little and rule that if Asuka was counted out or disqualified than she would still lose the title then that could have worked also. However, neither of these things are looking to be on the cards and so we have to take what we are given. I honestly do feel as though this match could go either way. There is now a part of me that wants to see Ember defeat the streak and become the new champ however, there is also a strong part of me that wants to see Asuka retain and drop the title in a more unique fashion. Regardless, if these two women are provided with enough time on Saturday then this match really could be something special.

Will Sanity Finally get their hands on Gold?

I have said it from day one, Sanity are one of the most exiting new things in the WWE right now. Full of potential these guys are exactly what the company was screaming out for. I and so many other fans have pointed out that the WWE have been slacking on the faction front and as someone that loves a good faction from the likes of the Shield to Evolution to the four horsemen I have been desperate to see something new given to us and Sanity are exactly that. When they first debuted I was honestly so massively impressed with the line up. Nikki Cross, Alexander Wolf, Sawyer Fulton and of course Eric Young all brought something totally different to the table but all played this role perfectly. When Sawyer was replaced with Killian Dane I didn't really know what to think. I've always been a fan of Big Damo and I was so so glad to see him arrive in the WWE and put into something so strong so early but being a huge Sawyer fan my opinions were mixed. Since then I have grown to the idea more and he has fitted into the group really well and easily. He's a dominant figure in the faction and when you take a look at the line up he appears to be pretty needed. Sawyer felt more natural but I do like what we have right now. What I have been really disappointed with is the treatment these guys have had. We haven't seen much of Eric Young and while Nikki Cross has had a brilliant run since she was put into Sanity the group as a whole haven't had the push the really deserve and already I can see negative similarities between them and the Wyatt family (which by the way is a feud I could and would throw all my money at). Their booking has been very up and down and it's clear that they could and should be used and booked far better than they are. What Sanity have needed all along is the right storyline for them to fully throw themselves in. A strong storyline that shows more of their character and what they're about and allows them to gain momentum

Momentum is what Sanity really needed. They really need something strong, interesting, entertaining and totally gripping and while they continue to prove to be a big hit with the NXT fans they need something more and chasing after the tag team championships is one step forward. I'd like to see more of Eric Young and I'd love for Nikki Cross to get her hands on the NXT Women's championship but right now Alexander Wolf Killian Dane are the main attraction and what we need to be focusing on. It's been announced that after weeks of torment Sanity will get what they want, an NXT Tag team championship match against the current reining defending champs the Authors of Pain. Again this is something I have mixed opinions. There is nothing I would love more than to see Wolf and Dane walk out of Brooklyn on Saturday night as the new NXT Tag team champions however, I can't help but feel as though the Authors of Pain and their reign as champs isn't something that has reached its time and we do still have so much more we need to see from them. They're not main roster ready just yet and I can't see them dropping the titles just yet. Personally, I am going to  be rooting for Sanity but in the grand scheme of things I'm not sure I really believe they will actually walk out as champs. I feel as though both teams have a lot to bring to the table as champs but I have to admit that Heavy Machinery are a team I'm also obsessing over right now. As far as the actual in ring action goes this won't be the wrestling match of the night but its sure to have some impressive spots and the crowd up on their feet loud and full of energy.

Potential Matches of the Weekend

The NXT roster has always been full of amazing talents. The roster is constantly sacked and while it does go through its rough times it's a place that bounces back perfectly and in the end I always find myself completely hooked and excited for every up and coming takeover event. This weekend we have some amazing matches on the card and I'm honestly looking forward to every single match. Once again the writing has been brilliant and I have a reason to tune into every bout set up. All the matches on the card have had a solid build up and each one of them has the potential to be brilliant. One of the matches I'm most looking forward to is Aliester Black (honestly I go to write Tommy End every single time I write about this guy!) vs Hideo Itami. This is a match that sells and is so sure to impress everyone. The feud is completely fresh and there isn't this big crazy story behind it but it works. We have two massively talented superstars with a unique style and look and both of course massively over with the NXT universe. Black and Itami are two extremely talented professional wrestlers. Both guys have been competing around the world for years and so have a serious amount of experience which will all come into play this Saturday. The feud between the two kick started last week and so with it being so fresh there is still plenty to come here. From the little bits and pieces we have seen already  I honestly cannot wait for these two to go one on one this Saturday. Their in ring styles compliment each other so well and I seriously do believe this could be not only the match of the night or the weekend but if they are given enough time this could very easily be a potential WWE match of the year.

Will a New NXT Champion be Crowned?

In recent posts over the past few months I have spoken a lot about the talent down in NXT at the moment. The roster is stacked! Full of exciting characters such as Aliester Black and Eric Young, brilliant in ring performers like Hideo Itami and Roderick Strong, and stars looking to make the comeback of the year such as Kassius Ohno and Drew McIntyre. With so many big names on the roster and so much talent NXT is looking hot as ever and there really is so much to look forward to. One of the biggest moments in both NXT and WWE history this year was the huge shock return of Drew McIntyre. After leaving the WWE a few years back Drew went onto the indie scene and killed it! Looking to prove a point he did just that and so quickly became one of the most talked about men in the world of pro wrestling. Working for huge promotions all around including WCPW, ICW, and Impact Wrestling, Drew Galloway was back and proving why and how the WWE made a huge huge huge mistake letting him go and treating him so poorly during his run with the company. And so it was back in May during Wrestlemania weekend that McIntyre made a massive return to the WWE joining the NXT roster and he has been on fire ever since. His booking has remained strong with the company finally showing him to be the huge main event star he has always really been. Gaining momentum more and more as the weeks go by Drew has had his eyes set firmly on the NXT Championship and finally he is just finger tips away. One more match to go.

The NXT Takeover Brooklyn three main event will see Bobby Roode defend his NXT Championship against Drew McIntyre and boy am I excited. A fan of both these men it's going to be interesting seeing the pair collide this weekend and the end result will be even more interesting. Both these superstars bring something completely different to the table. Their characters could not be any further apart from another and it's one of the many contributing factors that make this match so must see. On the one side with have the cocky, arrogant champion fighting for himself and proving he's not only the best in the world but completely and utterly glorious. And on the other hand with Drew McIntyre, fighting for the fans, the NXT universe and simply pure wrestling.  It's the perfect story. In the build up to NXT Takeover Brooklyn there really were so many names in the hate to face off and challenge Roode for his title but the entire time I was so sure that that opponent had to be Drew. His return story is brilliant and I'm totally invested in where the WWE are going with him. As for the match itself I really do think this has the potential to be a brilliant match up and looking at all the title matches happening across the weekend this is the one that I honestly think could be one of the best and the standouts. Of course, I'm personally going to be backing McIntyre. I really do feel as though its his time and right now he's the champion that NXT needs. Not to mention that I would love to see Roode up on the main roster within the next two months or so. Again, I think this is a total must see match. It has the feel of a huge main event and I cannot wait to see the outcome.


There will be a couple more matches taking place on the night both tapped and live but I think this is where I'm going to wrap things up for today. I really cannot wait for this Saturday's show and I do believe it's going to give SummerSlam a real run for its money on Sunday night. Of course I will be live tweeting throughout both shows this weekend.  As always, any recent blog post will be linked bellow, and finally, you can let me know what your predictions are for both SummerSlam and NXT takeover by leaving a comment or tweeting me over at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts